Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 8, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2011
Really can't wait to see how they will conquer the next kingdom.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 6:17 AM

Dec 2013
Oh hell yeah! Jibril!

Who'd a thought that Shiro and Sora had put that much consideration into running the country, eh?

Steph really can't catch a break. She couldn't win even if Sora wanted her to, hahaha! The bunny ears, glasses and nearly naked apron... so cute <3

Jibril! Jibril! Jibril!

I can't wait till the next episode! My Wednesdays haven't been so fulfilling in a long long time now.
Bring on next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 8, 2014 6:43 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.
May 8, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
I really enjoyed this episode, so many funny bits in it! XD

This is my favorite anime for the season and i can't wait to see what happens next.

That angel at the end lol wth
May 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
hahaha that death personality
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 8, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
This was pretty much a filler episode - did not really accomplish that much plot wise. It was still enjoyable to watch. I don't think it is wise to have do-nothing episodes in a 12 episode series with such a grand scale though. Poor Steph getting treated like a dog and losing most of her clothes too haha.

Next episode should be good!!
May 8, 2014 8:16 AM
May 2014
Hey it wasn't a filler episode, they're more like following the LN tightly!. They pretty much developed the story I. Terms of how imanity sucks. That is ...for me though.

Johncli1171May 8, 2014 8:31 AM
May 8, 2014 8:24 AM
May 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that was funny.

The over exaggeration of Shiro and Sora were priceless.
>Steph on a leash ;o

Heh, I almost feel sorry for her. Steph could probably learn a few things or two from those two though. That ending was awesome. Next week should be interesting with

May 8, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2008
affirming_flame said:
This was pretty much a filler episode - did not really accomplish that much plot wise. It was still enjoyable to watch. I don't think it is wise to have do-nothing episodes in a 12 episode series with such a grand scale though. Poor Steph getting treated like a dog and losing most of her clothes too haha.

Next episode should be good!!

There is a major difference between a filler episode, and a world-building one. If you pay attention, you notice the tiny bits of background information hinted around here and there. Also, the episode pretty much set out where the plot is going to head.
May 8, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2008
Steph got bullied, loved it!! :D The angel in the end was funny :)
May 8, 2014 8:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
lol those last few seconds of speech made it all so perfect
May 8, 2014 8:33 AM
May 2014
HaXXspetten said:
lol those last few seconds of speech made it all so perfect

Just wait and see ep 6 will be hilarious for sure hehehe. Hope this part lasts 2 eps long.

Edited previous post.

On an unrelated note: I can't detect sarcasm
May 8, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2012
That Laputa reference was glorious.

http://i.minus.com/inY5wogVW2vmF.gif
May 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Oct 2011
Knowledge is power

Conqueror the Animal Kingdom !!!

Dat Angel LOL!!!!
May 8, 2014 8:47 AM
Feb 2014
Mauroki said:

^ this

and hiyocchi really do perfect job as steph VA
May 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
half episode was hentai half episode was the plot moving on >_<
May 8, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
That was funny.

The censoring scene was hilarious. Even the three was hilarious. Im hyped for the next episode. And also, battling another human screws you up.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 8, 2014 10:31 AM

Feb 2013
This episode, so many funny moments. I really don't think Steph had much lef tto lose near the end.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 8, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2007
Loved the Laputa references

May 8, 2014 2:07 PM
Sep 2010
"Don't underestimate " humanity!

Teng*n TGL reference ><

Well, we get to see that the country is in a dire state.
Poverty, lack of resources and lack of spirit in the street.

Basically Sora stated that if blank loses once then it will only bring despair to imanity.
OmegastormMay 8, 2014 2:18 PM
May 8, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
Omegastorm said:
"Don't underestimate " humanity!

Teng*n TGL reference ><

Well, we get to see that the country is in a dire state.
Poverty, lack of resources and lack of spirit in the street.

Basically Sora stated that if blank loses once then it will only bring despair to imanity.

What Sora says is not, that if they lose, despair everywhere, but that if they lose, that's it. It's game over, no continues, no reloading. Everyone dies, and rocks don't even need to fall for that.

And I'm already too damn impatient... I want to see the Jibril game in full!

Oh, and if anyone found the episode boring, then brace yourselves, episodes, where little happens will occur from time to time. At max, there will be two of them.
May 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
I was ready to hear some badass sentence from that angel... But dat voice :3
Great episode but poor Steph.

I love the rules and how they have to obey them.
May 8, 2014 3:47 PM
Oct 2012
GreenDrag said:
There is a major difference between a filler episode, and a world-building one. If you pay attention, you notice the tiny bits of background information hinted around here and there. Also, the episode pretty much set out where the plot is going to head.

The problem is that unless they spell it out in big letters the whiners will not understand it. I have noticed that no one seems to have noticed how Tet is already playing against the former gods, setting them up for the big fail.

As you said this episode sets up the plot big time, but the writer does it in such a way that unless you are paying attention you will miss it. Lots of people aren't paying attention.
May 8, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
steph is pretty hilarious in this episode, although Sora pretty much destroyed...Sadly....
May 8, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
GreenDrag said:

The problem is that unless they spell it out in big letters the whiners will not understand it. I have noticed that no one seems to have noticed how Tet is already playing against the former gods, setting them up for the big fail.

As you said this episode sets up the plot big time, but the writer does it in such a way that unless you are paying attention you will miss it. Lots of people aren't paying attention.

Admittedly, the author was very subtle with it, even in the novels. I only started getting, that that's his MO after the second volume (And fell in love with his style of world-building [I mean, it's non-intursive, subtle, yet if you care about it, it's obvious enough to spot]). Of course, following that, I re-read the entire thing (that was only translated until "Fake End" at that time) and notice how in a myriad of places, there are these hints and crumbs.
And I bet you my hat I'm still missing a good chunk of them (and I'm talking about ones, that came through with the translation, not ones that were lost in trans.)
Anyways, while the anime cut back on thses little bits, it still has enough to warrant a few re-watches, before you get them all.

And I can barely wait for the game. For anyone who doesn't mind minor spoilers, remember the explosion in the preview/teaser?
May 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
Annnnd dropped.
May 8, 2014 5:38 PM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
GreenDrag said:

Well let's face it - the author does 80 percent of his whole story in that way xD
Hence it is incredibly hard to get each and every connection and plot detail from watching it.
I'm getting many of those because I know the LN, for GreenDrag it is, I guess, the same and you are just the overlord, concerning paying attention :D
May 8, 2014 7:40 PM
Oct 2012
Caleb8980 said:
you are just the overlord, concerning paying attention :D

Why thank you, as the old cliche goes, God (or in my case the Devil) lives in the details.

What really helps though, and I notice that you have this trait as well, is that when something happens that I don't understand I don't immediate assume the problem is with the writer, so I try to figure it out (or ask for input from others) so that I can understand it: for instance in the first episode the only way he could have won the card game was to have a second deck, so I went looking for the second deck (and found it).

Then, even if I don't figure it out, I still don't assume that the writer is an idiot until they prove they are an idiot, and in my experience you can usually spot those in the first episode or two.
May 8, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2013
yay jibril my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

at the end of the series the 10 oaths will probably disappear and jibril will fucking kill them all and destroy disboard then somehow jibril manage to teleport to the real world destroy everything

jibril becomes the messiah

happy ending!!!!!
May 8, 2014 8:28 PM
Aug 2012
Steph graduates at the top of her class at Imanity's top school but can't come up with a game of chance. How is Imanity still standing at this point?
May 8, 2014 9:01 PM
Oct 2012
Remi_ said:
Steph graduates at the top of her class at Imanity's top school but can't come up with a game of chance. How is Imanity still standing at this point?

Just a suggestion:

Might have something to do with the first three minutes of this episode and a certain character who has three letters in his name....

And it might have something to do with the speech Sora gave about why there are no games of chance in this world....
May 8, 2014 11:49 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Remi_ said:

Just a suggestion:

Might have something to do with the first three minutes of this episode and a certain character who has three letters in his name....

And it might have something to do with the speech Sora gave about why there are no games of chance in this world....

In that case, I guess we should thank Tet for propping up Imanity. Also, there are such things as games of chance.
May 9, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
so they stripped her down and made her wear a dogtail? great anime really...I think i'm gonna drop this....this anime is so full of shit and them winning the games doesen't really make sense at all
May 9, 2014 4:05 AM

Jul 2012
Kay. Bon voyage dear sir^^
May 9, 2014 4:33 AM
Dec 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
so they stripped her down and made her wear a dogtail? great anime really...I think i'm gonna drop this....this anime is so full of shit and them winning the games doesen't really make sense at all

We ain't going to miss you...

But guessing from the posts I seen on the discussion threads of this anime I must come to conclusion that most of the people posting on NGNL's discussion thread are:

1. people which watch NGNL and don't give a shit if it makes sense (and it does trust me) or not they just watch it because it is fun, packed with intense games, the main characters are extremely likable to most of us and so on. AKA they watch it for the enjoyment factor.

2. those that together with the above listed factor watches it because the thing is done so freaking godly in the matters of the subtle yet always present explanations, plot lines and other things that show how good of a job did Yuu-Sensei did when making NGNL and how much of it is carried in the Anime.

3. Are complaining about not getting the games - because their own lack of smarts or will to understand them.

4. Don't like fan service for some reason.
May 9, 2014 5:33 AM

May 2009
I love when people forcing themselves to watch ecchi anime and then complain about fanservice later in threads. Hypocrites.
May 9, 2014 7:05 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode, poor Steph but that dog for a day punishment and losing of clothes, dayum. Nice to see Shiro and Sora recognise that she is smarter than she appears and quite the valuable person to the pair.
May 9, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Sora wanting to become a fulfilled human instead of a decent one. XD
His reaction to when Shiro said "Blank is not allowed to lose." XD

Sora and Steph's blackjack game was pretty good.
That grandfather vision -- "If your opponent is another human, you're just screwed. Screwed. Screwed." XD

Steph's scales tears & her reaction to Sora using her own cheat to beat her. XD

The siblings can't believe Steph is actually not an idiot.
-- "Shut up Steph. You're just a Steph." Such a hilarious insult!
Poor Steph. Bragging brings predicament sometimes.. XD

Doggy Steph ftw! ;)
Sora resolve to conquer Arcadia, the animal girl kingdom. XD
Shiro wearing Steph's patsu on her head and acting like she doesn't understand because she's only 11. XD
Damn.. how Steph kept losing pieces of her clothing as she loses. XD

Last scene where Sora explains how games work and Steph realizing that they were actually looking out for Imanity was nice. :)
Oh, Steph is an idiot after all, not informing them about that library earlier. XD
Jibril's accent cracked me up at the end! XD

Awesome episode. Next episode will be epic!

So many fucking "XD", holy shit...
May 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
I love when people forcing themselves to watch ecchi anime and then complain about fanservice later in threads. Hypocrites.
+1
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 9, 2014 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
After seeing the first 4 i was dissapoitned. my only thought was that this is an extremely overrated show.After seeing episode 5 though,now I think this show is good. episode 5 was great and i really look forward to episode 6.
May 9, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Mauroki said:

http://i.minus.com/inY5wogVW2vmF.gif

They were indeed. Highly enjoyable.
May 9, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
This anime just shows me how stupid people really are, if they can't even understand the rock paper scissors game, the STRATEGY GAME WITH CHESS PIECES and now these little games, how are they gonna handle the next episode.
May 9, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode. Especially Jibril's appearance! Already a fan of her. That accent :3.

I swear by God Tet, I'll be annoyed if she won't become part of the main cast and get a lot of screen time even after her game :S...

Can't wait to find out what next episode's game will be like.

Btw, all those references are hilarious.
May 9, 2014 11:30 AM

Feb 2014
makamakafonis said:
half episode was hentai half episode was the plot moving on >_<

Are you serious ?
May 9, 2014 2:12 PM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Caleb8980 said:
you are just the overlord, concerning paying attention :D

Why thank you, as the old cliche goes, God (or in my case the Devil) lives in the details.

What really helps though, and I notice that you have this trait as well, is that when something happens that I don't understand I don't immediate assume the problem is with the writer, so I try to figure it out (or ask for input from others) so that I can understand it: for instance in the first episode the only way he could have won the card game was to have a second deck, so I went looking for the second deck (and found it).

Then, even if I don't figure it out, I still don't assume that the writer is an idiot until they prove they are an idiot, and in my experience you can usually spot those in the first episode or two.

Well yes unless it is a glaring plot hole I usually look over it and read/watch till the end until it is (hopefully) solved and then go back and search for clues foreshadowing that result.

On the other hand if it is a major plot hole and there is no visible foreshadowing at all then my enjoyment mostly plummets (from a bit to extremely, depends on case) even if the overall story is decent and the solution is believable.

That obviously depends on said book/movie/anime, I mean I don't expect a believable explanation of why Rambo can shoot his MG with one hand, hits every enemy and then runs around without any problems with his hands at all :D

(Ah and sorry for OT ;-))

bastek66 said:

I have to agree there.
May 9, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Ehh episode. There was some info here and there but it all could have easily been spread out on other episodes. At least 75% of this episode you could just skip and not miss out on anything.
May 9, 2014 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
baki502 said:
Ehh episode. There was some info here and there but it all could have easily been spread out on other episodes. At least 75% of this episode you could just skip and not miss out on anything.

There's only one minor problem with that, and that is, that this series won't be some spread-thin junk. The plot and foreshadowing is thinnest in this episode, but the thing is, you can't put it anywhere else, because it would either impact a game's episode, or hinder the foreshadowing of other parts.
Of course, I'm only talking about what the LNs have showed me, and they can screw up the anime totally, but from how they managed to deliver so far, I doubt they would.
May 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
How the hell more than 200 people have liked 5th episode of No Game No Life? I was terribly dissappointed after i watched it. Baka Steph was playing with Sora and loose all of the time - wtf? And they put it in 5th episode instead of Sora defeating other countries for Imanity? Screw it, i would watch it till the end only only because of cute Shiro...
May 9, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
This show is doing really great so far. It have a really unique style.

This episode was almost essentially a filler, though we got a cliffhanger and some nice information on the Whites personnalities.

Poor Steph, getting bullied that much xD
They are really hard on her :P
Though I think we all secretely thanks Shiro for that great fanservice
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
after reading some comments...

you think this episodes is mostly filler?
brace yourself, in 2 episodes you will realize it wasnt a filler! and in around 5-6 episodes again! resulting an OMG moment!
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.