Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 6, 2014 10:15 PM

Apr 2014
I really hate it when people are like "guilty crown sucks" or "guilty crown is just a copy of code geass", I mean, sure its not 100% original and it definitely had room for improvement but it doesn't make the anime bad per-say. Honestly, the only aspect in which it was worse than code geass imo was the personality of the main character and the pacing in the beggining, other than that it is pretty much superior in all facets.
=i do not believe on judging an anime by its originality, because even if it is a copy, if it does it better, who cares?=

Edit: Because people are screaming in my school library how certain overrated anime's are bad. I am not saying that they are amazing animes or anything but the certainly aren't bad.
acornsMay 6, 2014 10:29 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2014 10:16 PM

Jun 2012
Because it was bad.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 6, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2010
I don't think it's because of the lack of originality. There were was just too much that wasn't explained.

May 6, 2014 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
I seriously hate the ending just hate it.
May 6, 2014 10:22 PM

May 2014
I don't hate I just dislike it. Loved the world they created, the music & the dudes little powers but the characters sucked IMO. None of them were interesting... Looked great too
May 6, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
I thought it was ok, not really as bad as people made it out to be.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 6, 2014 10:23 PM

Feb 2013
In my opinion, they butchered the story around the second half of the series, though I thought it was awesome when
The ending and the events preceding it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but overall, the series was enjoyable. I don't really see how CG and GC are related aside from the mecha aspect, but I would have to fervently disagree with your statement on how GC is superior to GC.
May 6, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2012
Haven't watched it yet, but I have played through the OST multiple times and I have to say it's the best I've heard.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
Anime is the reason why I live.
This is what every first comment should be like.
May 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Mar 2014
People loved Code Geass and saw Guilty Crowntry to accpmplish something similar.Therefor they deemed it a rip off and bad.

Me? I found the story was ecoming stupid and that I did not careenough for the characters to keep going. The musicwas great though.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 6, 2014 10:26 PM

Mar 2014
My memory is fuzzy on it, didn't it try to be a "jack of all trades" anime but just fell flat from trying it?
May 6, 2014 10:27 PM

Sep 2012
MoeMoeAttack said:
I would have to fervently disagree with your statement on how GC is superior to GC.
Good luck with that.
May 6, 2014 10:28 PM

Apr 2014
I never said this anime was amazing, but i just don't understand why people rip on it so much like it wasn't horrid or anything and it did have redeeming aspects.
May 6, 2014 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
AsianKungFu said:
I thought it was ok, not really as bad as people made it out to be.

Pretty much.

Although the main character could have been a lot better. He was bad.
May 6, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2014
Meh. I think I just expected more from it.
F.O.G.I.D a self made abbreviation no one will figure out. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
May 6, 2014 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
MoeMoeAttack said:
I would have to fervently disagree with your statement on how GC is superior to GC.
Good luck with that.
LOL thanks I'll try my best. Damn similar abbreviations.
May 6, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Moved from General Anime Discussion.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 6, 2014 10:44 PM

May 2012
the main character should have been gai
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
May 6, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2013
i don't hate it because i don't know it :v
May 7, 2014 8:35 PM
Oct 2013
So....is it worth watching if only for Supercell? :D I'm interested because of that.

It has nice music and from the MADs/AMVs I've watched the production quality is brilliant too. What a waste if the story is bad as some people stated.
May 7, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
The music though . . .Thsat alone makes me happy I gave it a go.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Aug 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
I just marathoned this series and I can't even imagine how I would've felt if I had watched it week after week. Seriously, I felt masochistic when

Also I don't think it's a carbon copy of code geass... if anything I felt the series had more elements in common with evangelion, but still managed to look original.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
CravenlockApr 6, 2021 5:18 AM
Aug 14, 2014 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
More like Cliche Crown

Couldn't force myself anymore to watch past 7th episode. It's really boring. Only animation is good.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 28, 2014 1:23 AM
Dec 2013
RomeoXD said:
I seriously hate the ending just hate it.
Why?

CravenlockApr 6, 2021 5:19 AM
Feb 28, 2018 4:32 PM
Feb 2018
The ending sucked.
The main character also was bad. Man, the ending was so sad.

CravenlockApr 6, 2021 5:20 AM
Mar 4, 2018 3:25 PM
Sep 2017
Kibrom_Merach said:
The ending sucked.
The main character also was bad. Man, the ending was so sad.

CravenlockApr 6, 2021 5:22 AM
Mar 4, 2018 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
It was just horribly bad,only thing which made me sit through was to see how this abomination would end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2018 10:24 PM
Apr 2011
I know this was asked 4 years ago, and I have mostly forgotten what happened in Guilty Crown, but I still want to reply with my thoughts!

I maintain the impression that the anime was incredibly entertaining to watch, but frustrating at times. The story was filled to the brim with plot twists or surprises, which were exciting, but incredibly confusing and unnecessary.

The art was stunning, and the music was excellent. And though the characters lacked depth and a lot of the parts of the story were insane, I gave the anime an 8 because of when it never failed to keep me rapt.
Mar 17, 2018 5:53 AM

Aug 2015
I think the main problem of GC is mc - Shuu is annoying, selfish, useless piece of shit, who acts like a child and always complaining. He's literally nothing without his superpower, worst mc I've ever seen.
Mar 21, 2018 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
I honestly can't remember much I watched it 3 years ago.

But I do remember getting annoyed and frustrated with certain events that happened and I cannot remember much.
Sep 27, 2018 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
The story is poorly written.
If not for the amazing OST and art style this would have been a total disaster.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 27, 2018 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
Because the MC's harem is dead and some people cant stand it,i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶
Sep 29, 2018 5:45 PM

Feb 2018
Maybe sad ending :)
Oct 8, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
because show is bad
Oct 10, 2018 8:56 PM

Jun 2014
First time I watched Guilty Crown, I rated 9/10. I was intrigued by the entire concept of peoples' souls being manifested by a physical tool; and that concept was also interwoven into the whole genetic crystalization virus/cancer thing concept. And on top of that, the CG animation was the highest quality for that time. The only reason I gave it a 9 and not 10 was because MC turned into a nazi halfway through.

First time watching, I knew the middle section of the story was shitty. Second time watching Guilty Crown through, I now realize the ENTIRE story the full time has always been a clusterfuck that either made no sense or was otherwise shallow and boring. Like damn, now I dont even know why I chose to watch this a second time.

Now I'm rating this a 3/10. A 6-point drop -- the largest change Ive made to a show's rating after a second watching.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lOct 11, 2018 8:35 PM
Mar 1, 2019 12:54 PM
Apr 2016
Basically, if we go by the artistic value, the series employed original and interesting concepts, well mingled into symbolism, actions scenes and drama. Boy the stellar music by one genius. BUT, that was it. The story is taken out of a larger scheme, and we are shown maybe a half of it. The untied ends (that both end near the beginning and begin with the ending) are just that, so it is understandable there is a lot of discontent by both the simpler audience and the more elevated one. Was it well done? With what they had to work, the producers of the series made a great work, which has come to be an important part in the industry. Was it a masterpiece? I liked the music.
Re:formed
Mar 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
A lot of people say it's copy of Code Geass , well I watched Guilty Crown before Code Geass and I didn't think like that , idk why so many people don't like it , for me it's very solid anime

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jan 30, 2020 10:01 PM

Aug 2017
I kind of hated it as well.

UrbanSpaceman said:
I think the main problem of GC is mc - Shuu is annoying, selfish, useless piece of shit, who acts like a child and always complaining. He's literally nothing without his superpower, worst mc I've ever seen.

I agree with this. You just cannot have a good anime without a solid MC. Terrible MC here from start to finish. I always wanted him to die or suffer.
Nov 7, 2020 7:27 PM
Nov 2020
First 12 episodes were good. However, the next episodes were disappointing. The main character, Shu, is quite emotionally unstable that makes him look like a pushover because he can't make his own decisions and is affected easily. I thought there would be a character development, but it was worse. Moreover, there have been many anime series with similarities including CG and GC but I know for a fact I loved Lelouch but not Shu. Just don't go hating anime series just because they have similarities with other series. In today's generation, there is only a few original stories. Hate or dislike a series based on itseld without comparing to other series.
Nov 21, 2020 11:43 AM

May 2020
Finished it yesterday and i agreed with someone here. The anime had to stop at first 12 episodes. The bad thing is that after 12th episode there are some good ideas and scenes but with no good ''handling''. The ending for me it was not so bad, but not good also. After final battle they didn't show us many things to answer some questions, for example what happened to supporter/main characters.

But i want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the amazing OSTs, especially Βίος(Bios).

Sorry for my english. =[
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Nov 21, 2020 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
Main character became a tyrant for one episode! The music was good tho. Story wise? Pretty damn bad.
Dec 4, 2020 11:23 AM
Sep 2016
If only people knew in 2012 how bad anime would get in the coming 8 years, they probably would have been much less harsh with their original reviews and impressions. 98% of anime have plot holes, cliches, Moe or ecchi heavy scenes and ridiculous plot lines.

Guilty Crown at least did it with style, emotion, and with animations and production that still hold up to this day.

Unfortunately for the anime community, Anime has only gotten increasingly cliche'd, commercial, and boring in every conceivable way. There are exceptions, of course, but almost all of the greatest Popular modern anime are adaptations of already good manga- Things Like Erased, Devilman Crybaby, Attack on Titan, Maidens in Your Savage Season, etc.

Its rare that an original production tries to be anything but a trite shonen, terrible moe "comedy", or ecchi bait these days. its even more rare for an Anime to cause such visceral reaction- both negative and positive- from the community. I don't think people understand the industry, crunch, and how much the corporate elements of the industry can destroy artists and writers' original visions. If GC had been 2 seasons, of course they could have had a more comprehensible story with more backstory elements, and more world building. Same thing with the Tokyo Ghoul adaptations. The reality is, most anime don't even get a second season. Unfortunately, I think most Anime must be reviewed with this understanding in mind.

We all know that the allusive concept "Hype" essentially dooms anime to be either loved or hated, but "Hype" seems to also be the most toxic concept in the anime community. Shows that are otherwise just escapist fun like SOA are elevated to somehow "DESTROYING MUH ANIME", while shows with basically nothing new to offer besides EDGE like RE:zero end up somehow "SAVING THE GENRE". Its hilarious how much people in the community conform to popular opinion, and how much that blinds them to their own hypocrisy.

With that being said, GC was full of plot holes, cliches, and an unfortunate split season that went off the rails a few times. In the end, though, it was a wild ride and interesting, which is more than I can say for the entirety of the Shonen genre and especially for Slice of Life genre.
KetamigoDec 4, 2020 11:35 AM
Dec 14, 2020 7:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I dont get why it ever got that much popular for starters, from solely episode 1.
Hope it gets better, to the point I then can have fun and just say, aside the ending, this was very enjoyable.

TrumpMD said:
I kind of hated it as well.

UrbanSpaceman said:

I agree with this. You just cannot have a good anime without a solid MC. Terrible MC here from start to finish. I always wanted him to die or suffer.

Lovely, guess I can expect the MC to suck since from ep1, I was disconnected from him right away.
Dec 20, 2020 12:42 PM

Oct 2020
I just finished watching the last episode. I was mostly enjoying things until Shuu decided to turn his school into Lord of the Flies, then it all kind of fell apart. Considering how often the MC complained about Gai’s methods it didn’t take Shuu long to become a worse leader.

The whole plan to melt everyone into LCL... er I mean merge everyone into a crystal was pretty lame too, that idea seems to have been done so many times now I’m not even sure where I saw it first (maybe Douglas Adam’s Shada?)

Overall I think it did such a great job with the atmosphere in the first episode that it took the final episode’s naff ending to really snap me out of it. I think the show could have just about got by if they’d had a better ending.
Mar 24, 2021 9:07 AM
Aug 2019
I thought it was pretty good. What's this about hating all the characters ppl are talking about? The MC was trash, like literally TRASHHHHHHH.  Inori was mostly meh. Ohers like Gai were badass, like he was this hardcore, confident af dude, then revealed to not always be the badass, emotionless leader and that hes human too on the inside, so that was really nice. The two besties Ayase and Tsugumi also had their moments to shine. Especially Ayase being on a wheelchair and being strong, confident, proud and capable was a nice dynamic or whatever. The school friends of the mc, Hare, Kanon, Souta, Arisa were honestly just adorable.The mother of Shu was also fun to get to know.Then there's villains like Daryl, Makoto, Mana and Keido, who alrite, they arent particularly anything special, but there's no way they're as bad as ppl are making them out to be. Remember in the 2nd half, seeing how all these different characters adapt to change and handle struggling and suffering. Alot of these characters show growth. For down sides I can say the timeskips can leave you feeling confused and pacing of 1st half was a bit slow comparatively. This thing had a few good point when it came out & everyone hyped it up & then the next legion of watchers came in expecting to find some peak, that overhyping ruined Guilty Crowns reputation. Best to come in expecting nothing. It's not a masterpiece, but why is it being made to look like utterly irredeemable garbage? 
Unruly_RoninJan 14, 2023 3:20 PM
Mar 26, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 2019
I have rly mixed feeling about Guilty Crown.
For many others, its SAO that got them into anime, for me, its GC

It definitely have its attraction, for example the music, the emotions (especially when the pink hair girl whom I forgot the name died). For the 12 years old me, GC was the masterpiece that makes me cry at night and its plot lingered in my head days and night.

But now, I am 18 years old, and I reviewed GC. The plot logic is vry shtty ngl

I think, we have to understand and appreciate the fact that each anime has its target audience. Some for teenagers, some for kids and some for adults.

The reason why GC was hated and criticised so badly is because when adults reviewed, it is indeed very bad and nothing near a sensible work. But for teenagers, its an amazing work.
Apr 20, 2021 4:38 AM
Feb 2021
Because the MC is suck as fu*k more like guilty clown
May 4, 2021 5:25 AM
May 2021
because its copy of code geass
May 19, 2021 4:51 AM
Apr 2021
I don't know about others
But I enjoyed it
Yes it may not be the best Anime
But its certainly not the worst
May 20, 2021 6:30 AM

May 2021
I agree. I recently read a GC review and recommend it to anyone else who wants a good overview of the plot aspect of the anime. You'd find the review here. I have no objection to others' reviews and opinions about Shou or the plot-holes or the character developments, because beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I don't believe in the main character always being the starter or forgoer of a healthy developmental cycle or "the win-win role" who brings out the best everywhere.
For me, the MC was very relatable;
That was the biggest dull part of the series. And the only one.
Sure it has its imperfections and many parts may not be powerful; but personally I have loved GC for as long as I can recall.
May 21, 2021 6:06 AM
Jan 2021
ClannadQs said:
Haven't watched it yet, but I have played through the OST multiple times and I have to say it's the best I've heard.

Men were the same.........
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.