Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2007 9:47 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Good episode. For some reason when Nana (Rocker) was talking at the end of the episode, I somehow thought that Nana Komatsu dies in the later episodes. Dunno how that thought came to mind (well I sorta do I guess).
Apr 25, 2007 3:17 AM

Apr 2007
I can't imagine they'd kill off one of the Nanas. I honestly hope they don't at least. The narration that both Nana and Hachi have provided at the beginning and end of many of the past episodes sound more nostalgic to me. It gives me the impression that down the line they're alive and well; however, they're seperated by a great distance and are simply reminiscing the past.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Mar 24, 2008 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
i get the feeling that more than distance separates them. :(
May 12, 2008 2:12 AM

Feb 2008
this episode made me cry...

Episode 46 too..

=P
lassieMay 24, 2008 1:36 AM
May 23, 2008 5:33 AM

Feb 2008
lassie said:

At least put some spoilers, it's not like everyone who posts in the episode threads, have seen the whole series >_>

Anyway, pretty good episode.
KayroJun 24, 2009 2:06 PM
May 24, 2008 1:38 AM

Feb 2008
Kayro said:
lassie said:

At least put some spoilers, it's not like everyone who posts in the episode threads, have seen the whole series >_>

Anyway, pretty good episode.

^^There, I edited it. I'm so sorry.. I just learned how to put those spoiler tags(?)..sorry! =D
lassieJul 6, 2008 10:21 AM
Jul 3, 2008 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:
Good episode. For some reason when Nana (Rocker) was talking at the end of the episode, I somehow thought that Nana Komatsu dies in the later episodes. Dunno how that thought came to mind (well I sorta do I guess).

yeah i used to think a similar thing back when it was hachi doing the narration..i thought maybe nana had died =[
but now it just sounds like they never did end up speaking again and/or are very separated =[

and lol at lassie and kayro with the "spoiler" - by quoting it it's still there for everyone to see.
Aug 7, 2008 10:01 AM

Mar 2008
The narration almost made me cry. For me, that was definitely one of the saddest pasts of the anime so far. Hachi's letter was also heart-breaking...
Jan 8, 2009 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
This episode made me cry :'[
Gah, so sad.
I'm DEFINITLY sensing a depressing ending. Great. D:
May 22, 2009 1:31 AM

Jun 2008
although things were a wreck, i think its all starting to work out... i'm glad that takumi seems to genuinely care for hachi and her baby... i'm glad that nobu said that he'll never get hurt and that life's just beginning.. and ren teasing nobu about being horny cuz of shin was funny too. hahaha.... i guess its all working out...

hahaha naoki!!! :)) i love that guy.. :p and i love how hachi's mom is so blase about her daughter getting married! hahaha... nagashi! haha.. but what shin did for reira was sweet... awww..
Jun 24, 2009 5:39 AM

Jul 2008
That was a sad letter, I just kinda listen and stood there silently. I need to see the two Nanas together, after hearing all that I just want something like that to smile at. Although it was nice to see Hachi being cute once more. Reira may be able to get over her singing troubles, and Nobuo just kinda seemed like less and less of the equation.
May 6, 2010 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
nice ep, maybe things between Hachi and Takumi might work out?

Jun 14, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2008
Cute scene between Takumi and Nana.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 21, 2010 9:30 AM

Jan 2010
Shin is sooo adorable! <33
Jul 3, 2010 8:08 PM

May 2008
Looks as though things are leveling out...
I have hope!
Dec 4, 2010 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
I cried.
Everything is gonna collapse i think.
Feb 3, 2011 8:25 PM
Nov 2010
Saddest episode so far, even though this entire series has been a rollercoaster of drama and tears. <:*(

I now have a sort of love/hate attitude towards Takumi being with Hachi. I mean, at times he can seem so posessive of her, but then he can be so sweet and sensitive, appearing to actually show some love and care towards her and her baby. I know that I would have rathered Hachi be with Nobuo, but this isn't some sappy, predictable show. I must be realistic, and see that maybe she is meant to be with Takumi, since this is afterall the life she chose, so she must take responsibility for her actions and allow Nobuo to move on. Afterall, if Nobuo decides to keep hope for a future between Hachi and him, he'll only get himself into a love triangle that can only end in heartbreak and pain.

Anyways, Nobuo deserves better, and he can definitely find someone who will not put him through this much pain.

As well, i'm moving away from the whole 'Nana's death theory' because the narrations seem to pushing towards their seperation instead. Maybe they have moved on with their lives and moved out of the apartment, since Hachi already has. And maybe Nana's dream of finally become a big rock star have finally come true, while Hachi is now raising her family with Takumi. That's just my impression after seeing this episode.

Mar 22, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
wow,i cried like a bitch during this episode

am i still the only one who believes in a HachixNobuo ending? ;__;
May 5, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, that letter at the end... tears were wept. Fantastic episode, the dialogue is always so good and I really loved Shin's reaction when he heard Takumi's voice. In episodes like these Takumi seems like a genuinely decent guy, but I still want NanaxNobu!
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 14, 2011 4:11 AM

Sep 2008
tainteddonut said:
It gives me the impression that down the line they're alive and well; however, they're seperated by a great distance and are simply reminiscing the past.

Yeah, that or they've reunited after a looong time apart and are reminiscing together... or something like that.

Takumi is definitely shaping up to be an okay guy, and a decent person, but I can't help but wonder if he'd take off or start having flings the moment he gets bored of Nana... or when she gets farther along in her pregnancy. I still kind of wish there were a way for her to have a happy ending with Nobu instead.

Good for Shin, for going to Reira when he knows she needs someone... but he still definitely should apologise to NANA. She's the mess that needs a shoulder to cry on at the moment... Didn't seem like Ren was giving her that, though. o_O
May 16, 2011 11:39 PM

Jun 2010
Naoki and Hachi are so cute together!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2011 4:49 PM

Mar 2011
I hate how much Hachi's moved on. I hate her decision. I just hate it..I'm really dreading the ending...I just, can't see it end happily one way or the other.
Mar 14, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2011
well hachi i still hate for hurting nobu and nana o but if people are moving on i guess i'll be ok.... anyways shinXreira my favroite couple to me age aint nothing but a number anyway this may just sound all girl sappy but reira was sad and needed a prince to save her and shin climbed that tower and came to her rescue so cute!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2012 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
Narration makes it obvious that Takumi x Nana are the final pairings unfortunately. ;-;
May 11, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
Nooooo, Takumi x Nana is the worst pairing possible! I won't accept it!! >=(

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 2, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
Takumi and Nana actually make a really nice couple, but Nana's obviously acting sometimes, and it hurts to see her like that. I think she's trying to make herself love Takumi, and she should, considering her situation. Just don't know how much she'll succeed.

I'm feel bad for other Nana though. I can't wait till they really talk to each other.

I'm really happy for Nobu though. He's finally able to move on :) I'd love to see him with someone else in the future.
fishergirl16Jun 2, 2012 4:02 PM
Jun 14, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
It was a sweet episode. I wish everybody in the series could sort out their relationships and how they're feeling.
Sep 15, 2012 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
I actually like Takumi x Nana better. Even now. :/ Unpopular opinion...

Wow this love polygon o_O ...

Yasu and Shin -> Reira -> Takumi -> Hachi
Nobu -> Hachi
Ren <-> Nana -> Hachi -> Takumi
Jan 14, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 2012
Well, not everybody gets their happy ending I guess. I cried when the letter was read. It was just so sad! Also Takumi is actually Hachi's best bet since this is the life she chose....
Feb 16, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
So Hachi is even hiding who he talks on the phone to. She is really stupid. I really enjoy Shin x Reira development.

Apr 8, 2013 2:19 PM
Jan 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Takumi and Nana actually make a really nice couple, but Nana's obviously acting sometimes, and it hurts to see her like that. I think she's trying to make herself love Takumi, and she should, considering her situation. Just don't know how much she'll succeed.

She's just making an illusion of being happy... although there are not many episodes left, I wonder when and if that illusion will be shattered. Everyone seem to be moving on in their directions but I guess there might be some twist in the plot again.

I'd also like to see Ren a little less cold and acting cool, although what he said at the end was nice, some more understanding of the situation would be nice on this part.

Also the new opening is quite reassuring.
Lhuna-chanApr 8, 2013 2:24 PM
May 26, 2013 6:35 AM

Mar 2013
That love letter was so cute.
Aug 18, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2013
fuck that hachiko! last episode she loves nobu and crying.. and now she's acting like a perfect wife for takumi and she's actually enjoying it.. Damn what a woman! She's pissing me off.. She's quick to change her feelings.
Oct 9, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
I actually like Takumi just as much as Nobu. I feel like the anime is pushing our love onto him by making him funny and kinda caring. It's working with me... I feel that he actually cares for Hachi and she made the right choice by choosing him (thinking of the child).
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 26, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2012
At least Hachi knows she's a traitor... that letter to Nana sure was touching but that still doesn't make up for her actions... this episode sure has some nice development but rather a gloomy development.

It sure was a nice episode in general and I wonder what's next!
Feb 21, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
NAOKI IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Takumi: "A floral pattern?!?!"
Naoki: "And what's so wrong with that? It is the princess' room!"
:')
Apr 9, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
The author really knows how to manipulate the readers/viewers' feelings >_<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
"Loving someone is never a waste."~Nana Osaki ^_^
Jul 2, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
Hope that everything that's going on works out all fine!
Oct 30, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
The two Nanas are never going to see each other again. :'(
Feb 1, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
anime-cat said:
I actually like Takumi just as much as Nobu. I feel like the anime is pushing our love onto him by making him funny and kinda caring. It's working with me... I feel that he actually cares for Hachi and she made the right choice by choosing him (thinking of the child).

this, honestly. So far, the series is doing a fantastic job at portraying each event through multiple perspectives--not just the perspective of the protagonist(s). We get to see the viewpoints of dramatic events through multiple characters, which adds a lot of depth to the show, TBH.

Not that showing those multiple viewpoints has changed most of the viewers' perceptions even slightly considering everybody hated Shouji and hates Takumi just the same regardless!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 28, 2015 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
Hachi's letter make me cry a little uwu If both Nana's relationship were good I would really start to like the whole Hachi/Takumi...but I can't because is the reason why both are separating and ugh.

Jul 11, 2015 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful episode like always
10 episodes left!!
Jul 20, 2015 4:25 PM
Jul 2015
Okay speaking as a mother of 2 myself . I have to say, it isn't about what makes everyone else happy. Hachi needs to get her shit together and think about her kid. This isn't the hachi show anymore . It's what she chose . Should she be unhappy and marry a man she doesn't really love ? No... Just because she's carrying his child doesn't mean she has to give up happiness , force love ... It won't get her far, and if can only end up in her drinking or getting depressed .

My questions are : who's baby is it? , what's up with nana's forgetfulness? And will the nana's ever see each other again?
Jan 21, 2016 7:29 PM

May 2012
owch... my heart hurts
Apr 13, 2016 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
Nice funny episode ;) I like the scene with Naoki the most.
Ren-Shin-Nobou was also great and funny but short.
The opening song is not so good as the others OP/ED it is the worst...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 1, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
I'm so scared to continue. I have a stronger and stronger feeling the two Nanas will never meet again. I wonder what's on Shin's mind too...
Jul 26, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2015
I still think Nana and Nobu will be back together <3
Oct 1, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
Before I didn't like Takumi and Nana together but now that they open up, I think they're meant for each other.
This episode was very emotional for me. I hope the two Nanas can make up.
Nov 26, 2016 9:13 AM

Apr 2014
Another amazing episode.Reading that letter was so sad...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

164 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.