Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Aw man, what would Holo do once she arrives at her destination anyway? She might as well help run the store with Lawrence!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 28, 2012 10:31 AM

May 2012
Decent episode, but damn that ending was un-expecting O_O I do wonder what they'll do now! But well this definitely won't end well and I feel like this really requires a third season or at least a long ova/movie that proceeds to the end of their journey!
May 5, 2013 10:56 PM

Jan 2013
Their relationship status is really up and down.
And there won't be a love confession or kiss scene??????
That's disappointing if true.
They always talk so indirectly
May 21, 2013 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
Everyone got fed up of with this fur business and now a rebellion started. The preview for the last episode looks so sorrowful. I don't want them to part :(
Jul 29, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
Wishful thinking, but I want those to be tears of joy! I want a kiss! I want fleur to get stuck with the short end of a stick!

God, why does everything seem to be going downhill. This season is nothing like the first. It's tearing me apart!
Jan 16, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
A revolt, I didn't saw that coming. From the merchant or the townpeople?

I can't believe Holo asked to separate! I mean, I understand her point but still... :(
Anyway, I'm sure they'll not separate, they're too much a cute couple for that.

That guy that want to invest in their trade seem really not trustable. I wonder how they'll solve this problem, with a revolt, the town will be paralyzed.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 30, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
coup d'état= total anarchy? The finale should be fun, I'm guessing all the traders at the front gate are rebelling..?
---------My Profile------------
Nov 29, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Banter should not be the basis for any relationship, but I doubt that was the main reason Holo is trying to distance herself from Lawrence. I think that she doesn't want to make herself vulnerable in that way, for whatever reason. Won't she regret it if she did leave, though? Wouldn't she just be lonely again?

It'll be awesome (and totally cheesy) if Lawrence says something like he invested his heart in their contract.

The rebellion seems a bit convenient for keeping them together. We did have a good basis for it, though.

I'll probably end up reading the light novels if they're translated. I want to see this story through.
Dec 9, 2014 2:44 AM

Sep 2014
A sudden rebellion.. I wonder what's the reason.. The deal maybe?

Really liking Lawrence's character development.. He can keep a good conversation with Holo now unlike before..
Their chemistry sure rose 10 folds in their journey.. Hoping they'll take it to another level..

Damn 1 EP left.. I guess all good things must come to an end.. Expecting a great ending!
Feb 13, 2015 4:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was an unexpected ending. I knew that excrement was going to impact the ventilation device, but I thought it would be something other that an armed uprising.

I'm pretty certain that I won't get to see Holo and Lawrence reach her home in this season, but at least I hope it ends with them continuing their journey.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 2015 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
Things went wrong as expected though in a rather unexpected way.
Apr 2, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Of fucking course something goes wrong
May 4, 2015 12:26 PM
Nov 2014
Rebellion and shit ? Damn, shit got real in the end.
May 11, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Suddenly the towns on fire lol. I don't think there's gonna be an inn left for Lawrence to be given.

But seriously, I really hope Holo and Lawrence don't separate, that would be so friggin sad :(.
Jan 1, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2011
So here the salt comes up again. Lawrence had apparently all but forgotten about it. And the deal also fell through. Not really surprising. The interesting will be how they proceed from here..and where the anime will end, as there is no way they'll make it to Horo's hometown now. Besides, she wanted to part ways earlier anyways.
Jan 5, 2016 2:53 PM
Jan 2016
1 episode left...
Apr 23, 2016 3:13 PM
Mar 2015
The ending can be summed up in one word....
ANARCHY!!!!!!
Aug 3, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
I thought Holo wanting to parts ways suddenly was odd. I really hope she isn't serious about it.

I wonder what caused the rebellion?

I don't know how they're going to wrap this up in one episode.
Jun 14, 2017 9:57 PM

May 2014
Ah, I was waiting for the foreshadowing of the billows of smoke from the city in the OP to come true.

I'm surprised Lawrence didn't clue in. As soon as that homeless dude mentioned salt, I knew the statues were made of it. I'm actually genuinely surprised that Lawrence wouldn't have also thought of that immediately.
Jan 16, 2018 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad to finally see some ambition for greatness in this anime, though only at the end of the penultimate episode.

I will more than likely be buying the novels. This series seems like the books would be a lot better than the anime. I really want to see where the overall story heads, because honestly even two seasons in it feels like we've only just barely started into a much larger plotline. I think part of why this anime is so loved is because it isn't trying to be epic. It doesn't overdo it. It touches on a subject rarely touched (merchant trade) and goes into great depth about it. It is certainly interesting, and that is enough for many people. But for me, those hints at something so much greater going on throughout the story leave me wanting to know what it is and for the story to head in that direction. It's disappointing to see it go in that direction only at the very end of the animation, but it is certainly a hook for the novels.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 16, 2019 5:32 PM

Nov 2016
Holo just wants the best for Lawrence, but I can't believe that they will part ways.

It's going to be an emotional finale for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2019 1:11 AM

Aug 2017
What's happening now? No deal ever goes right for idiot Lawrence.

Holo stinks. Barmaid is the best.
Aug 22, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2016
Of course it won't go as smooth as possible even if its the last episode next one makes me even more gloomy.

already wan't S3
Oct 8, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
That rebellion literally came out of nowhere. So Lawrence tasted salt on that statue, wonder what he'll gain from knowing that.
Nov 7, 2019 8:48 PM
Jul 2016
Oh god... I think the ending is going to be rushed.

not like this.... NOT LIKE THIS :'(
Dec 5, 2019 5:27 PM
Apr 2016
I want them to stay together forever, I don't want their "journey" ever ending. The ending was unexpected, what a turn of events...
Aug 28, 2020 8:55 AM

Apr 2020
I guess that was to be expected. Nothing lasts forever I guess. I just didn't expect their journey to end in a such "capitalistic" way. But I guess it's Holo being more mature than Lawrence.

Also, damn it dudes, "Gamers rise up" has gone too far, no?
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Jan 26, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2017
At least the rebellion ending from the townspeople was a refreshing and sort of exciting choice to go with, but again, an episode where there were some good interactions, especially when Holo was reflecting on her journey with Lawrence and told him that they should soon split up despite Lawrence not completing the journey with her still (and not wanting to have it end soon too), but the actual story feels a bit hollow still. The whole arc has felt hollow and the tension feels barely existent compared to some events of the first season, doesn't help that the arc finishes next episode without any sort of sequel to continue the story in anime form.
Oct 17, 2021 9:58 PM
Feb 2021
Violence!! Are they plotting A coup d'état by lifting weapons and that is all happening just for the Furs! Appears we are to the wild climax at last episode.

Guess Lawrence finally realize the importance of Holo to him after hearing Sister words.
Apr 23, 2022 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Of course it wouldnt be that simple. Do we need to have yet another "We will split up" moment?

I wish we got shorter arcs, this is nearly over and their relationship didnt really get as much developement as back in S1
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 13, 2023 11:46 AM

Dec 2022
A chaotic rebellion is an unconventional form of drama for this series, but it does simplify things. Looking forward to seeing what it results in.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 12, 2023 4:26 AM

Oct 2020
Holo is Holoing as per usual and it's getting on my nerves.. as per usual

Also they keep bringing up how Holo has a past that she's piecing together but we never see any of it. Fur trading is cool and all but hearing tidbits about her life in the north would be a nice way to flesh out her backstory a bit more before the season ends
Apr 23, 9:15 PM

Jul 2023
penultimate episode

Holo pretending to be nobility seemed to be worth quite a sum

the revolt was unexpected.
patkarununganApr 27, 4:10 AM
Apr 27, 2:14 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
One episode left... yeah this isn't going to wrap up nicely at all and instead leave us with a cliffhanger isn't it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.