Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 4, 2014 6:35 PM

May 2013
Loving the show and the animation. Hinata x Kageyama can rival Kagami x Kuroko in terms of bromance. Poor Hinata being so nervous. I know them feels. Wonder how Kageyama is going to react next episode to his old teammates especially if they taunt him and call him King again.
rebelakuma said:
And lastly, more Hinata's little sister appearance PLEASE!!! She is so cute!!
Agreed.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 4, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
another funny episode Really liking the pacing in this already have our first practice match.

poor Hinata wonder how hes gonna handle his actually real match if it's this bad lol
May 4, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
Tanaka's antics are probably one of my favorite parts of the anime
May 4, 2014 8:02 PM
Jan 2014
Hinata has a weak stomache lol, even since the first episode.
Even funnier when he tried to wear his jacket as his pants.
Tanaka even got called a hentai because of him.
Hinata is such an airhead, great character.
Kageyama is looking good now too, finally "settled" in.
I hope he doesn't get in the practice match, especially when facing his ex-teammates.
ResidentMay 4, 2014 8:06 PM
May 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2008
Haikyuu's taking it pretty slow, and the team seems to have 3 'superplayers' at most. I wonder how long it can keep a strong narrative at this rate seeing how it doesn't seem to want to fall back on the usual sports cliches.

Will it be able to keep the matches/competition interesting, or will the focus fall on character drama.
May 4, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2013
bulk_density said:
am i the only one who thinks the pacing is too slow?? after-matches are dragged out so much.. apart from the acceptance battle of hinata and kageyama, almost not a single shit has happened through the entire episode.. it's just that hinata's complaining like a crybaby all the time...

besides, 5 episodes has been aired so far and we still dont know anything about the antagonists of the anime.. no face no voice nothing..

i think i'm a bit disappointed..
2/5 ..

Too be honest I really think this is the best pace, Haikyuu is definitely different then most sport adaptation as there really is no true specific"antagonist" team or player like for example Kuroko and the GoM. (Don't misunderstand as there are rivals in this show its just not as severe as other shows) Just many multiple rival teams Karasuno faces in the tournament. Games are rather short and there isn't that many chapters out so far, so they can't blast through all of it in 2 cours. Like in the recommendations it really more closely related to Ookiku Furikabutte then lets say Eyeshield 21 or Kuroko no Basket.
May 4, 2014 8:34 PM
Mar 2014
More Hinata little sister please lol

They looked good with the team jackets, pumped for the practice match.
May 4, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
Very good episode as always. Aw I feel so bad for Shou-chan... it's all right sweetie you can do it GO GO GO!
May 4, 2014 9:09 PM

Jan 2010
This is the first episode I felt like it was really enjoyable in this series.
May 4, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
Boombawks said:
Awesome episode, hopefully there is no KnB b.s like powers in this anime.
5/5

Don't worry, there isn't stuff like Zone in this series^^
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
May 4, 2014 10:08 PM

Nov 2013
this anime sure moves fast...a practice match right off the bat? I can't wait to see what kind of team they will be facing~~

And here starts the beginning of another week of Haikyuu withdrawal..
May 4, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Hinata, pretty hilarious episode anyway.

KouhaRen0 said:
More Hinata little sister please lol

Wait, what? I thought he was a little brother.
May 4, 2014 10:52 PM

Sep 2013
awesome episode
hinata's as funny as ever i love that guy

May 4, 2014 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
TANAKA <3
Hinata's little sister is so cute :3
Oh yes, Kamiyan is here XDD
May 5, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2012
SalmonSandwich said:
bulk_density said:
am i the only one who thinks the pacing is too slow?? after-matches are dragged out so much.. apart from the acceptance battle of hinata and kageyama, almost not a single shit has happened through the entire episode.. it's just that hinata's complaining like a crybaby all the time...

besides, 5 episodes has been aired so far and we still dont know anything about the antagonists of the anime.. no face no voice nothing..

i think i'm a bit disappointed..
2/5 ..

Too be honest I really think this is the best pace, Haikyuu is definitely different then most sport adaptation as there really is no true specific"antagonist" team or player like for example Kuroko and the GoM. (Don't misunderstand as there are rivals in this show its just not as severe as other shows) Just many multiple rival teams Karasuno faces in the tournament. Games are rather short and there isn't that many chapters out so far, so they can't blast through all of it in 2 cours. Like in the recommendations it really more closely related to Ookiku Furikabutte then lets say Eyeshield 21 or Kuroko no Basket.

I have to agree with bulk, the anime is kind of at a slower pace than I imagined. But to me it's more like they have awkward pauses after dialogue or something. It makes up for it with the animation, for realz.

BUT also, there is no 'nothing' about the antagonist. They said the practice match was against Aobajousai; former middle school teammates of Kageyama. You'll definitely see it get more interesting when they play.
And consider the crybaby scenes to get worse since the story has plenty of humility ensued. Which is why I think people like it, because it shows that human side.

Otherwise, I agree with salmon. Couldn't say it better myself ;)
and I swear Suga voice gets even more silky sexy smooth.

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
May 5, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2012
Kyaaaa. It was so funny :))
May 5, 2014 1:26 AM

Apr 2014
To those who think that the pacing is really slow, I'm pretty sure the author and producers intended it to be this way. Any more rushed and I don't think the character development to date will be believable (i.e. Kageyama's attitude changes in like a single episode), so I think that this is the ideal pacing. The author also wanted the viewers to gradually warm up to the characters before diving into the high-stake games. The rest of the story will probably go at a faster pace because the material they plan to cover in 25 episodes is actually quite a bit.

Up until this point have mostly included 2 chapters each (ep.1 had 1 and ep.4 had 3) but from this point on it will probably be three chapters per episode for the most part.
DreamingLilyMay 5, 2014 1:30 AM
May 5, 2014 2:26 AM

May 2010
Hinata's sis is just like him, so cute. Poor Tanaka xD
May 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Nov 2010
That practice match ended rather quick
Imagining Tobio with a bazooka was a nice treat

The next match versus a top four has put Hinata under a lot of pressure
It has been a lot of fun to watch again
May 5, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
LOL Day ending xD , I can't wait for the next finally with 5 episodes the main thing ended :o
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 5, 2014 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
Mirorin said:
Hearing Kamiya Hiroshi caught me off guard for a second there. The advisor looks young! Seems like he's the connection to the audience and will be letting us know about volleyball stuff.

I was surprised, too at kamiya. The explanation helped a lot.
May 5, 2014 7:44 AM

Aug 2008
Dat sparkly vomit omg
I'm really amused at Hinata's actions XD

Kamiyan~ :3
May 5, 2014 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
lol glad they include the bazooka scene from the manga lol
May 5, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2007
This is one of the few sports anime where I don't find the pace to be slow.

Wasn't sure what to think of Haikyuu! before it started airing, but I'm really loving it now. I hope it's able to keep up this level of enjoyment throughout the episodes :>
May 5, 2014 11:03 AM
Jul 2010
I'm really liking how the anime is panning out. They are doing such a good job, so far no complaints. Also I never knew hinata had a little sister from the manga :o
May 5, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2011
Lol the entire episode

They look so cool wearing Karusono Jersery : 0

Kamiyan OMG!!!

Hinata and the Pork bun scene. So Adorable !!!!

Thanks for the explanation : ) Kamiyan sensei

Dat sparkling vomit XDDDD

OMG I can't wait to see the practice match
May 5, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, Hinata little sister is exactly like him xD

They did a really nice comeback in their 3-on-3 match. They served these other guy a good lesson :P

Though, it doesn't look great for the training match. Between sick Hinata and Kageyama ex-teamate asking for him during the match, it could cause some trouble...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 5, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2013
gonder said:
I'm really liking how the anime is panning out. They are doing such a good job, so far no complaints. Also I never knew hinata had a little sister from the manga :o

There were like one mention in the chapters, and there was one time where they showed one panel with her right before
. The anime staff decided to show her earlier, let's see if she has more of a presence in the anime :)
May 5, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
parfaited said:
bulk_density said:

complaining =/= nervous

yeah you got the point anyway :p i edited my post :)
ember-moonMay 5, 2014 2:18 PM
May 5, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
Another good episode!
Why do i have a feeling that Suga actually will get depressed for not being the setter? That he just acts like it doesn't matter.
May 5, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2013
Got to love Tanaka's underwear choice :3

Cute lil sis :)

Poor Tanaka.
May 5, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
LauraBirdie said:
I demand that they show more of Hinata's little sister, because that was the cutest thing I've ever seen

Poor Hinata being so nervous, I hope he'll do well
"Komugi, are you there?"

May 6, 2014 2:59 AM

Feb 2013
I love how Kageyama and Hinata complement each other. Oh, and poor Tanaka at the end, lol.

May 6, 2014 10:57 AM
Mar 2010
bigivelfhq said:

In the end people have to understand that Sport anime doesn't mean action is the only thing that matters.

QFT. I wish someone had said this when KnB season 2 was airing as well.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 7, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
Haha XD I like this episode. Nice XD Awesome XD

- barely alive -
May 7, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2007
phoenixalia said:
bigivelfhq said:

In the end people have to understand that Sport anime doesn't mean action is the only thing that matters.

QFT. I wish someone had said this when KnB season 2 was airing as well.

Yup the 2nd season of Kuroko was woeful.

Latest ep of Haikyuu is freaking hilarious, I didn't expect him to puke on Tanaka lolz. XD
May 7, 2014 6:25 PM

Feb 2010
Good Episode a lot of funny scenes and Hinata's sister was really cute

May 7, 2014 11:47 PM

May 2012
00:51 dat Beeburrish name

03:01 sou da sou da

05:19 dat A

07:23 heyy <3

07:51 tsundere da ne

08:46 de, where's the chibi Vegeta?

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
I'm loving this show. Tanaka, you're the man.
May 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2008
Oh, gawd! Poor Hinata...

Sent with Mal Updater
May 8, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Tanaka is very quickly becoming my favorite character in this show.
May 8, 2014 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
Tanaka is the fucking man.
May 9, 2014 6:47 AM
Sep 2010
OMG!!! hinata's little sister is sooooooooooooooo ADORABLY CUTEEE (❤‿❤)
May 15, 2014 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
Star of this episode: Hinata's little sister.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 2, 2014 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
Best ep of the show so far!

Okay I stopped supporting Tsukishima, and actually wanted Hinata's team to win (which they did), since Tsukki gave a big talk and intentionally provoking ppl , so he needed to be proven wrong.

Hinata and Kageyama are now thankfully likeable to me. Kageyama sounded like Kagami from KnB at times, his attitude is like Kagami's too but I prefer Kagami.

Every time I watch the OP, I was always thinking 'I wanna know who's the little giant'. I hope he appears soon!

I can't believe none of them reacted when Hinata said 'this is where the little giant is..'.

That Yamaguchi guy is such a suck-up to Tsukki. He needs to assert his own individuality!

Tanaka is freaking awesome! He's becoming my fav chara, along with Tsukki, tho I hope the latter would change his attitude for the better....I really like Tsukki's character design a lot cos it reminds me of Takagi from Bakuman.

And, this show really emphasizes A LOT on dialogue and characters, even on the little things. Like for eg, they kept emphasizing Hinata's nervousness, which bugged me a little. I dread there would be a lot of talking during matches...
Jun 3, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2013
Nice episode c:
Finally got those team jackets.
Jun 16, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
It's nice so far. Tanaka is my fave. X)
Aug 16, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
Lesserkey said:
The animation is always awesome, I'm surprised. Probably has a higher budget than KnB.
tiphs said:
I'm slowly falling in love with this anime. It's so funny and well made.
moreover it feels kind of refreshing after some of the latest sport anime aired. not sure why I have this impression
Oct 8, 2014 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
The seiyuu of Suga sucks, it doesn't fit his character.

Good episode. Hinata's "depressing" state went a little too far though, he should rather be enthusiast about it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

176 by ANIk_003 »»
May 15, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.