Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 3, 2014 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, this episode was awesome. The King came to her Nike's recuse which I didn't find surprising. His rate did though and he was about to deal a finishing blow there.

Once again though, I like the bonding between Nike and the King. The butler was pretty funny with those tears :p

Quite a catchy song this episode though.
May 3, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
Livius got victory against the authority of that religion, even though many kings in real history had struggles to win against the power of religions.

Anyway, this episode was nice as usual. I started to think this series would be the best in this season. It is an old-school type of syoujo anime, or shoujo manga. But I like it.

P.S. Syoujo? or Shoujo?
May 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
@dmrch:
Shoujo.

King came, withou telling Sugita-san's character. They were able to escape, and he showed his weak side to her. lol @ ero old guys.

Nice performance to create a "ring" on the sun.

A little girl as rival?
tsubasaloverMay 3, 2014 12:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
tsubasalover said:
@dmrch:
Shoujo.

Thank you. I do appreciate you. (I always type as "syoujo", because it can make "少女" as same as "shoujo")
May 3, 2014 12:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nike's technique was awesome; creating fog to escape.
Livius' swift reflex and swordsmanship was badass!

Livius X Nike moments were nice! That kiss in the forehead.. :)
Nike making fun of Livius as a perverted, sneaky little brat. XD

Those 3 elders are parts of the 4 Gods affiliation?! No way. XD
Talking about boobs instead of the ceremony.. XD

Nike looked beautiful in that outfit. <3
Neil crying after hearing Livius' compliments to Nike.. XD

Sudden revelation of the controversy.. Loved when Nike got to punch that SOAB. XD
And, she still wants his approval for the marriage..
Livius was too nice to forgive him easily. His carefree attitude was pretty cool.

Great episode! Nike X Livius has reached it's perfection. :)
Too bad, that Tender Rain song was interrupted midway..

New character next episode!

May 3, 2014 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
Loved this episode. Great, like the other ones.

Wow, the preview of the next episode is kind of a slap in the face, though. I was looking forward to seeing a refreshing story but, as I expected, that's going down the train. Typical annoyingly possessive rival fodder girl, huh? I hope she doesn't last long, or else my end rating for this show is probably going to drop a handful of points.
May 3, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
Nike is so lovely in that dress :) And nice punch!
Love rival appears next week xD
May 3, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
I wish she could come up with a new song. lol.
Nothing bad with the current one but i'm getting tired of it XD

Otherwise nice episode and awesome to see the King a little bit more honest. He'll be a hottie when he grows up. haha
May 3, 2014 2:15 PM
Feb 2013
Nice one.....but, I'm starting to getting tired of Nike's rain song.
May 3, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode. Loved their bonding.

I was hoping there's more than one song too. Even though it's really nice but if we hear the same song every episode.. it's like listening to the OP and ED which many of us skipping them most of the time.
May 3, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
That episode was a pure win.
May 3, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 2012
Nice balance between humor and romance, with a little action and adventure thrown in, what more can one want from this type of show.

Also, Nike is in the running for best MC of this season. Just plain likable without overdoing it.
May 3, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
that scene where Nike almost got slashed in half was really awesome xD. The king was just a little less mad than Gon.
May 3, 2014 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
Clap Clap Clap... Great episode.
May 3, 2014 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode. Seeing Livius go beserk was awesome!
I was expecting a different insert song but I'm fine with the current one because it's just so damn good!
That little girl in the preview looks like she could be Nike and Liviu's daughter =P
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
May 3, 2014 3:29 PM

Sep 2013
My fave episode so far! It honestly just keeps winning my heart every week. I was smitten with the sun ring. Way to go, Livius, you sexy beast. I'm also loving Nike's voice actress more and more. I can't believe she is just starting out her career. She is rockin' it. Moaaaar plz. Can't wait for next week n_n <3
May 3, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2013
Amazing episode. Livius has some good fighting skills. That four gods council thingy (?) is awesome, a very important discussion taking place.

Gosh, there is also a rival.
May 3, 2014 3:53 PM
Mar 2012
It ended pretty well, I really loved that half rainbow ring in the end. This series just keeps getting better and better.
May 3, 2014 4:04 PM
Jul 2012
A little kid completely overpowering a seasoned fighter, goosebumps :p
May 3, 2014 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
In the manga, the scenes from the next episode happened before those from this one. I wonder why they chose to rearrange it.
May 3, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
The scene with the forehead kiss and sunrise was really sweet...
Glad Livius saved Nike, he went on impulse to save the one he treasures.
Neil crying xD crying louder and louder.
The voice of the four gods lol, what a voice :)
A wedding ceremony and the perpetrator was found out! The ring around the sun, I really liked how the crowd was mesmerized by it.
Rani was left off without death. The scene was really good on Nike's reason for forgiving him. How he is also part of the country, glad they got married with full approval.
Livius really has grown a lot and we got to see his weak side. Glad he really values Nike a lot.
Really enjoyed this!
May 3, 2014 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Niki can create fog, that's sound good.

I loved that half rainbow ring in the end.
May 3, 2014 5:52 PM

May 2007
So this anime is apparently re-arranging the events of the manga, it's not necessarily a bad thing as long as they don't screw it up.

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying this manga and Nike is awesome, she was incredibly beautiful in that dress.
May 3, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode. I was wondering why the priest didn't lie to cover up the assassination and why he even shut his own guy up given the amount of power he still has, but it turns out he wasn't as corrupt as I thought.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 3, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was probably the best this far. I love the use of ost in the background. Hmm...it seems like the next episode won't be following the manga sequence x.x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2012
This show could really do without the tender rain song lol. Anyways that was a decent episode. Nike with another great looking outfit :P

May 3, 2014 7:03 PM

May 2013
King Livius has some great fighting skills, driven from rage. Princess Nike was beautiful in her dress. She earned her right to be the queen. The rainbow with the half of the ring, it's like the rainbow is Nike and the half ring is Livius.

Judging from the preview, there's a new girl who claims to be Liviu's fiancee.
May 3, 2014 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
The preview made me sad :( seem very cliche. The actual episode was just amazing and has always, I have clap many time.
May 3, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
The Engrish song is back but I'm loving it.

Annoying loli rival appears next episode but Livius obviously has an oedipus complex and like one of the Three Gods said "you've got to have big tits"
May 3, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
Episode was so incredibly sweet I'm missing words to express it. Those two are awesome together, and the political move involved not only to punish the darn priest but also to sell their marriage properly, was fantastic.

gamer2710 said:
Great episode. I was wondering why the priest didn't lie to cover up the assassination and why he even shut his own guy up given the amount of power he still has, but it turns out he wasn't as corrupt as I thought.

Because of the law, remember? The rules state that nobody bar the princess can enter the cave. If that guard says he "saw" Livius inside, is because the guy in question was there as well, which brings the question, why was the guard in there in the first place? Then you have his wound and Livius' sword, and you will have unquestionable proof, so he tried to shut him up to prevent all of that, but since it was too late, he threw all the poison he could instead.
BGMaxieMay 3, 2014 8:34 PM
May 3, 2014 8:59 PM

Mar 2013
My reaction everytime she sings the first verse: Wait for it.... Wait for it... Wait for it....

IT'S A TENDER RAIN!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
Livius sure looked scary when he held his sword to that guy's neck.
May 3, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
What an intense scene.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Vi0lity/vlcsnap-2014-05-04-12h22m54s75_zps766705dd.png

Stark700 said:
The butler was pretty funny with those tears :p

True that :D
eyrahsamaMay 3, 2014 9:40 PM
May 3, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
Onyxus said:

IT'S A TENDER RAIN!!!

Smashing song..
May 3, 2014 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
Damn the king has some sword moves.

Sounds like he has fallen for her :)

Those 3 old pervs are gods :P

The castle shook XD

I agree, Nike does look beautiful.

The butler's tears, priceless :3

He deserved that punch.

Good episode, and next week's rivalry looks like it will be fun.
May 3, 2014 10:00 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was great as I expected. Livius I has proven that his real King who had concurred the world by saving Nike on the assassination attempt,He's really awesome fighting with swords!

And the introduction of 3 of the 4 Gods was really awesome but I can't really believe they are the same as those perverted old guys!

I wish we could hear other songs which will be sung by Rena Maeda because "Tender Rain" song was kinda overused now but still her voice was really great and I can't believe that she's a newcomer because she's like a professional already! I really hope Rena Maeda can have more anime to be cast in and also to have more theme song to be sang on any anime!
Haters always gonna hate.
May 3, 2014 10:38 PM

Feb 2009
Man, that scene with the hug and forehead kiss... <3

I read ahead in the manga, simply because I could not wait to know what happens, and am seriously looking forward to where this is going.
May 3, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2013
cant get enough of "Tender rain " song love it
May 3, 2014 11:05 PM

Jul 2011
Hahahaha, I can't get over the fact that they're suddenly so close. Where was the build-up and difficulties? XD
Good job for the anime to gloss over it all by rearranging the manga.

That had such a last episode feel to it! But the preview with the new girl was suppose to happen before the trial... oh well. :P

Livius! Cute and strong. Nike is a great MC too.
May 3, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2013
What's up with that four gods a conference room to talk about "Oppai"
Great episode that preview though. A rival is coming.
May 4, 2014 12:09 AM
Mar 2014
The monologue using the black screen thing really ruined the scene for me. And I was really looking forward to it too. -____-
May 4, 2014 12:14 AM
Aug 2011
himawari_as said:
The monologue using the black screen thing really ruined the scene for me

^yeah that was uhmmm, different

I knew Tender Rain wouldn't be gone for too long.

Sugita's voice was amazing in this episode.
May 4, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
nice episode
3 of the 4 gods talking about boobs? lol
The ring around the sun..

Lol, rival incoming next ep.
May 4, 2014 2:06 AM

May 2010
The romance is kicking in. Animation was decent this episode. He praised her!

TENDER RAIN- uh sorry, lost my calm...

Beautiful episode...

A female love rival, huh. My thoughts would have been different if a male rival would have appeared but still, the rival looks annoying. I hope she is interesting though.
TragicRomanceMay 4, 2014 2:10 AM
May 4, 2014 2:30 AM

Mar 2014
Nice episode, Neil crying was really funny

Looks like next episode a wild rival will appear
May 4, 2014 2:52 AM

Aug 2008
next ep preview: fu*k, i hate when anime/manga pulls fiance card out of nowhere like that -_-
May 4, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2011
So Livius was the one that grabbed Nike's breats... erm kept her mouth shut so she wouldn't scream and alert her assassins.

The rage, the sword skills, Livius sure is powerful considering his age (more or less because of his rage) and I thought he would kill that guy, but good thing Nike stopped him.

Awwww, Livius hugged Nike and told her that he would give up everything for her, that's so beautiful.

Dat forehead kiss...

So the three old guys + Livius make the Four Gods Council.

So Livius decided to replace the ring that they didn't have with a ring made by Nike around the Sun.

A great episode and lol, a rival for Nike appears.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 4, 2014 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Not a bad episode, but still found it rather bland. I found humor in parts of it, but the emotional bits just didn't seem very emotional. And, that song, god they need to drop that damn tender rain song!

Going by the preview alone, next week's episode will be crap. But, I haven't lost hope for this series yet. I'll keep watching, and just hope they're getting the crap stuff out of the way early to focus on something better. Well, I've never read the manga, so I don't really know what's to come, but I have hope.

Gonna give this one a 6/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 4, 2014 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
I really do wish Tender Rain was less poppy ergh.
Also wish Nike's punch wasn't offscreen, really needed to see Aristes get what he deserved.
I normally like the humour in this show but it felt a bit distracting in this rather serious episode.
Sweet ending.

Judging from the preview Luna/the skipped chapter will make an appearance after all.
Don't worry guys she's not his fiancee she's just a delulu childhood friend lol
But yeah the stuff next episode actually happens before the ring business in the manga, a bit of vital Nike/Livius development there so idk why they moved it to after this episode.
RhapsodyinBlueMay 4, 2014 3:12 AM
May 4, 2014 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
I loved this episode. I'm starting to like this show more and more. I'm a sucker for scenes like this.

It's too bad it's not getting a lot of attention.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM

» Livi and Nike ages range??

NajSuarez94 - Jul 22, 2014

7 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.