Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those head tilts~

I'm not sure what to think of Ayano so far. I think she has a lot of energy. But yeah, I thought the episode was classic Shaft with the style it did with the running and falling. The song was okay I guess. Dat end card: http://imgur.com/tZWwrFx

May 3, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Opening begins with Ayano and Hibiya talking about being a hero. Ayano is still mysterious as fudge. Dem electricity poles reminds me of Steins;Gate D:
Ayano is a bit OOC (out-of-character) to be honest.

Then we move on to where we left Hibiya in act 02 Kisaragi Attention.

Was Hiyori this oujo-sama-ish and this abusing in the manga and novels? My image of her is ruined. D:
I've always thought she's this cute little girl Hibiya likes. I thought wrong.

Konoha appears. And he's introduced as "the foster son of Hiyori's uncle".

Then we move on to the truck scene. Oh the glorious truck scene, you made me cry on the PV, why didn't you this time.

I've got to admit, those red and blue backgrounds were irritating. I just hope they followed something like Wannyanpu's fanmade PV but oh well :/

SHAFT, I expected great things; I guess my expectations are too high. Please don't flop. I know I'm gonna be whiny fan at this point but I don't really care anymore.

Jiiiiiiiin! Fix this show! Fix your script writing! Director-san, help him D:
Shaft, stop using those animation techniques, it's getting damn annoying! Why the hell are you flopping. I'm starting to think that KagePro might've turned out better if it was adapted by Madhouse or Bones or even KyoAni!

On the Post-ED story: Nice to see monster-chan getting a new friend

From this point onward, we won't be following songs anymore?
UitchouMay 4, 2014 3:55 AM
May 3, 2014 8:25 AM
Jun 2013
Hiyori is x100 times more annoying in the anime

Wait, was it soraru singing Kagerou Days or am I crazy? lol

Open spoiler at your own risk

Will update when I actually watch the episode, subbed one.

AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
Awww yes Ayano appeared. I wasn't expecting her to be here since it's "Kagerou Days" anyways.

I came to the conclusion this anime is only fanservice for us the fans of the songs lmao.. just kidding, it's too early to say that. but this episode felt rushed.. dammit I actually wanted to see them play in the park :'(

Mary endcard: http://puu.sh/8xtHN.png
iampancakeMay 3, 2014 8:41 AM
May 3, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
Hiyori was already my least favorite character from KagePro and this episode didn't help seeing how annoying she was.Make me almost not cares that she was run over and killed (atleast in the anime,my image of Hiyori in the songs hasn't change,she didn't seem like a total bitch there).

This episode pretty terrible,half of the time I couldn't even understand what was happening because of the backgrounds.

Shaft is basically doing a perfect job at ruining this adaption.I seriously hope they saved up their budget and atleast give Outer Science and Summer Time Record a decent adaption (because it obvious they won't give it a good one).
VanishingKiraMay 3, 2014 2:02 PM
May 3, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2012
Hiyori is even worse in the anime. Surprised to see Ayano in this episode

XushuMay 3, 2014 8:39 AM
May 3, 2014 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
Started off good, quickly became very empty and dead.
May 3, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2009
T-thanks for ruining one of the best parts of your own story, Jin
May 3, 2014 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Ayano and Konoha finally appeared.
Will edit after subs.
Edit: Yup, decent ep. Took me a little while to get used to Hiyori's voice.
Loved that end card!
"Screw you, cat."
removed-userMay 3, 2014 1:59 PM
May 3, 2014 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Amarrez said:
T-thanks for ruining one of the best parts of your own story, Jin

They ruined Kagerou Days... Words cannot describe how sad and disappointed I am. The PV/song made me cry. This episode didn't. Why ?! I really, really wanted to enjoy this episode ! I was so hyped... And then... No emotions.

"Fanservice for us fans" ?! Are you kidding ? It was awful. They screwed up.
removed-userMay 3, 2014 8:45 AM
May 3, 2014 8:46 AM

Dec 2011
Who sang the song Kagerou Days in the anime??? :O I couldn't recognize the voice!! :O
May 3, 2014 8:49 AM
Jun 2013
Belindartine said:
"Fanservice for us fans" ?! Are you kidding ? It was awful. They screwed up.

Yeah they screwed it up badly. But I don't even care because I wasn't hyped or expecting anything anyways.. and at least we can get to know the character's personalities better IMO, that's the fanservice for me because they're screwing up the actual plot. I'd rather have a slice of life type show than a rushed-poopyexecuted storyline.
May 3, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
It has apparently become the bandwagon thing to do to insult this anime.

The sad truth is that the light novels are mediocre too.

You can't expect much from a story slapped together by amateurs to add a bit of depth to music videos.

All in all I'd call this anime decent, but nothing special. It's far from terrible like the fanboys of the novels are calling it.
May 3, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
SolviteSekai said:

You can't expect much from a story slapped together by amateurs to add a bit of depth to music videos.

All in all I'd call this anime decent, but nothing special. It's far from terrible like the fanboys of the novels are calling it.

I don't like the novels much either, to be honest. I was kind of hoping that the anime would take after the songs and MVs more than the novels or manga.

Alas.
May 3, 2014 9:19 AM
Nov 2012
Kagerou Daze ruined. Good.
May 3, 2014 9:25 AM
Jul 2010
This episode looks good for me. With now we have episode 1,2, and 3 connected with each other, we now have a new plot.

And judging by the next episode's preview, it seems that it will continue from the last plot since it features Konoha meeting the other Mekakushi Dan, and surprisingly, Shintaro.
May 3, 2014 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
SolviteSekai said:

I wouldn't say that the novels are mediocre. Jin's writing isn't bad, nothing special but "mediocre", that's a little harsh in my opinion.
The depth already was in the music videos, the plot is there, it's hard to understand just by watching the PVs but everything makes sense one way or another.
Oh, and excuse me, I really think that this episode is terrible in comparison with the source material. I expected something greater, now I'm frustrated. I won't have high expectations for the next eps I guess aaa
May 3, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
Belindartine said:
SolviteSekai said:

I wouldn't say that the novels are mediocre. Jin's writing isn't bad, nothing special but "mediocre", that's a little harsh in my opinion.
The depth already was in the music videos, the plot is there, it's hard to understand just by watching the PVs but everything makes sense one way or another.
Oh, and excuse me, I really think that this episode is terrible in comparison with the source material. I expected something greater, now I'm frustrated. I won't have high expectations for the next eps I guess aaa

Congrats. You prefer cheesy light novels and music videos to the cheesy anime.

You deserve a meal at a 5 star restaurant.
May 3, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
i was waiting for this but yeah, this was horrible. the original song is way better.
May 3, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2010
About which song will ep 5 be?
May 3, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
My head is just full of "what" right now. I'm not sure what that craziness was but at least the song was good.
May 3, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
I actually liked this episode a lot. Maybe it's just because I like Hibiya. Maternity Spiral!
May 3, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
Hmmm. I think I was too excited coming into the anime, that I'm not able to fully appreciate what's being shown on here. I feel a bit let down, but I'm going to reserve any real judgement until after the anime is over.

The time loop part could have been done a lot better, if they had reduced the time they took for the banter between Hiyori and Hibiya and focused on that more. But ahh well. It was an okay episode. Not terrible but not excellent either.
May 3, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Thank u very much -.- Even Kagerou Daze? How can u ruin something like that <_<

What the hell was this ep supposed to be?

I felt bad for Hibiya though. Hiyori is a bitch! Konoha was lol

Rest was meh -.- Disappointment overload!!! T^T
May 3, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
Is Hiyori that annoying even in manga and novel? Wtf. Now she deserves what she gets.
May 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
Steins; Gate!
Hiyori was quite harsh and a demanding person. Hibiya got called creepy twice.
That sure was cold!
The dogs yet Hibiya didn't give up.
That cat and the accidents that keep hitting Hiyori.
The cliffhanger was nice, got me more excited for next week.
I am confused >.< Glad the monster found a company!
May 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
that was the biggest bowl of what the freck i had ever had had in my entire whole little what the freck life
May 3, 2014 11:23 AM

Feb 2011
For people who are curious, Taguchi(?) Shouichi sang Kagerou Days. It's written on the official webpage.

I keep wondering if people who are new to kagepro are able to follow anything? .__.
May 3, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2012
Kinda disappointed in this episode.

Not gonna lie I like how they expanded on how Hibiya and Hiyori spend their days with each other. I feel like they never explain the reason of why she was kept dying. I might missed it if they explain it, but I don't recall them doing so. So to me it felt like she just killing herself just cause. I felt like they left out the emotional aspect of the song. I'm not hating on this episode I just feel like they were missed the point of the song. Also thought I was going to hear Hatsune Miku sing.

Dat Neko seems to be behind everything.
May 3, 2014 11:26 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Is Hiyori that annoying even in manga and novel? Wtf.

Yeah coming into this episode, I did not expect Hiyori to be so...rude and verbally abusive to Hibiya o_o I exaggerate, but still.
May 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
If you thought Mekakucity Actors is weird, it was nothing compared to this. This was easily the weirdest episode so far. The second half of the episode kinda reminded me of (!!!WARNING: Steins;Gate Spoilers follow. Don't press if you haven't seen it yet. You have been warned.)

Personally I liked this episode, too bad it's only going to be 12 episodes.
KamaxMay 3, 2014 11:32 AM
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
May 3, 2014 11:29 AM
Oct 2013
Episode 4 of Mekaku Shitty Actors was bullshit in every possible way. i really really really wanted to love this anime, but i can't. it's so shitty and bad. i'd rather fuck a dinosaur than watching this shit.
May 3, 2014 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
That was pretty "artistic".
May 3, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
Gave it one more episode. That was a mistake.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 3, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
Wow I would have never thought Hiyori would be this annoying.
I was excited for this ep but it wasn't that great.
Hope the next one would be better.
May 3, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
Junior12A said:

I keep wondering if people who are new to kagepro are able to follow anything? .__.

My thoughts exactly.
May 3, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
I...what did they just do to Kagerou Days? i was trying to love every episode as a fan of KagePro (because previous ones weren't SO bad), but this is too much.They totally ruined everything (besides first 5min(?))...i liked that Konoha showed up, but that won't change how badly they adapted the actual plot.

Let's just watch wannyanpu's version...because that's how you should do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBnAY4VH9T4
Dear SHAFT, this is video made by 1!! person, you have entire studio and much more budget...shame on you.

Im sad and disappointed.
May 3, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
So uhh where's the main character?
Are they going introduce all the character's first or....?

Was a good episode but kind of depressing.
May 3, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Belindartine said:
SolviteSekai said:

Congrats. You prefer cheesy light novels and music videos to the cheesy anime.

You deserve a meal at a 5 star restaurant.

We all know that you're a Shaft fanboy, but they're doing a horrible job with this show, get over it!
.................................................................................
May 3, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
iLostReason said:
I...what did they just do to Kagerou Days? i was trying to love every episode as a fan of KagePro (because previous ones weren't SO bad), but this is too much.They totally ruined everything (besides first 5min(?))...i liked that Konoha showed up, but that won't change how badly they adapted the actual plot.

Dear SHAFT, this is video made by 1!! person, you have entire studio and much more budget...shame on you.

Im sad and disappointed.

The problem is their buget. If they would have left Nisekoi to finish and start Mekakucity in summer I think it would've been way much better and not use some remains from Monogatari.
May 3, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
I just totally dislike that new little girl...
And I'm kind of getting tired of this animation...
May 3, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
damm they f up the episode i was waiting for the most!!
so far i really like the series but i dislike this episode

i hate the style of the weird animation, i was hopeing for "normal" setting
and they made it look like hiyore wants to die (i know it supuse to be something like "i love you" with a smile but its still looking like it)
and what about that "dark" hibya? why replaceing it with a cat?

but i did like the moment of the "screw you, cat" it was nice BUT STILL WORST THEN THE SONG ENDING!!

6/10 for the episode
hope for the next episode to be better!!
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
May 3, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2009
I like Kagerou a lot, but I'm pretty unimpressed with this anime. I really want to like it, but... I don't really know what's going on with Shaft. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Shaft-like animation, but there was enough detail pounded into every still in Bakemonogatari that it didn't really detract from it. As for Mekakucity, I wonder if they're siphoning their budget out of a leaky straw.

Hiyori being slid off screen by the truck, though. I just, what. The song insert was pretty mediocre, too. I think I'll just cling to the original PV since it's really good and I'll pretend the latter half of this episode doesn't exist. Hopefully next week will have protagonist-san appear.
May 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
as some1 who doesn't fan-boy over songs and shiz, i liked this episode. the song was pretty good too.
May 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Just when I thought this series was starting to get better it manages to disappoint me once again.
Hiyori was really annoying, and that kind of ruined the impact that the death scenes should’ve left.
May 3, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
That was a little...strange?Eccentric?
Well I guess I will have to wait another week for the answer.
By the way,I would not say this was such terrible episode...but I am not fan of the songs etc.
May 3, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2013
First episode I didn't like because I didn't care much about Hiyori because she was just annoying as hell. I get that they're friends but teasing has it's limit. Just saw the music video after I watched the episode and that had feels that the anime lacked. I do feel bad for Hibiya though. This episode would have been great if I actually cared about Hiyori.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
kawaii-despair said:
iLostReason said:

Im sad and disappointed.

The problem is their buget. If they would have left Nisekoi to finish and start Mekakucity in summer I think it would've been way much better and not use some remains from Monogatari.
Low budget? Lol what, it's obviously not. The problems a stem from shitty characters, a shitty plot, shitty character development, shitty directing, forced drama "omg I can't be a normal girl because my eyes draw too much attention my life is sooooo miserable" among other things. It's not Shaft's fault though, Jin is in charge of the production 100%, storyboard, plot. MCA was never anything special to begin with, the source material is below average at best it's just I failed to properly realize that but even having a shit source doesn't justify how terrible the show has been so far.
May 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2011
iLostReason said:

Im sad and disappointed.

Aww man you just had to link the original song, didn't you. I honestly liked the original so much better, it told the story way better than the part of the anime did. It's really unfortunate. Honestly, Heat Haze Days was my favourite. :(

Moodie said:
kawaii-despair said:
iLostReason said:

Im sad and disappointed.

Low budget? Lol what, it's obviously not. The problems a stem from shitty characters, a shitty plot, shitty character development, shitty directing, forced drama "omg I can't be a normal girl because my eyes draw too much attention my life is sooooo miserable" among other things. It's not Shaft's fault though, Jin is in charge of the production 100%, storyboard, plot. MCA was never anything special to begin with, the source material is below average at best it's just I failed to properly realize that but even having a shit source doesn't justify how terrible the show has been so far.

Honestly, I see it as a problem of adaptation. The source is technically the music videos which are often disjointed and mostly explore the pasts and problems of certain characters, and they don't explore a certain linear ongoing plot. Buuuttt the novels came out which did create a proper plot. I love the novels, but they're not perfect, far from it. I kind of almost think the manga is better, albeit rushed. Anime adaptations are obviously very difficult to make and we've seen that time and again for not just this, but a shitload of other anime.

We're only on episode four, we haven't exactly seen any character development for you to call shitty (nor have we seen enough of the characters themselves to call them shitty). Although I agree that the directing is pretty bad so far. I think the "forced drama" is plausible. Her life sucks. I wouldn't want to be constantly the center of attention. She only did it anyways to help out her mother, since she felt she had no other choice. Of course she's going to be sick of it if it affects her day to day life.

I don't really think this anime is horrible as of yet, since I want to reserve my judgement, but I'm not entirely pleased either.
LaciieMay 3, 2014 12:24 PM
May 3, 2014 12:24 PM
Oct 2012
AzuStar said:
as some1 who doesn't fan-boy over songs and shiz, i liked this episode. the song was pretty good too.

Agreed, it was a good episode, want to see what happens next. I think far too many people were identifying a little too much with the MC and feeling the pain a little too much from Hiyori

Personally it seemed to me that she actually wanted the MC to make a move on her, indeed was trying to goad him into doing it, but he just couldn't get over his own insecurity (the way he had the whole giving her a present scripted out, and then couldn't adjust when it didn't go exactly the way he wanted it to go).

The "screw you cat" was great. Never seen the story or songs, but I get the feeling that "Cat = Fate" and screwing fate will be where this show goes in the end. Probably wrong, but that is the feeling I get from the first 4 shows.

As for people blaming Shaft because this is different than what they imagined. Get over it. Shaft is shaft, anyone who hires Shaft knows what they are going to get. Personally I find Shaft to be something like looking at a Kaleidoscope: same basic colors, but endless arrangements of these colors that are enjoyable to watch. I don't what else should have been included in this story, but if this was similar to the story, then they did an excellent job with it.
May 3, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
hiyori is a really irritating girl and that's why i didn't feel the impact her death should have had on me. 1st half of the episode was fun though. can't say i enjoyed the latter half that much
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.