Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it's like impossible to find online... it's a pretty good film though.

Anyways, that was rather touching. I wish I didn't spoil myself about the ending though, her sacrifice did not affect me as much as I thought it could because I knew it was already going to happen. ><

Even though it was kind of cliché at times (especially the first 30 mins or so, before the birth of Greenie), I liked it. Some nice themes: Seeking freedom, growing up, learning from mistakes, determination in achieving goals (finding/paving your destiny), seeking happiness (with sacrifices), love towards one's child(ren), and growing old. Probably one of the best animated anthropomorphic movies I've seen. The synopsis is so misleading, as well as the picture (that ending...).

Had to lol at the bishounen duck. Look at that mop of hair.

That ending song was very beautiful, accompanied with some fitting art. Only thing is... what about Greenie when he comes back in the spring? >^<
Jul 17, 2015 5:18 PM
Aug 2014
Hey, do you know where I can I find this online? Because I have been looking everywhere and have not found a single site that is either streaming it or selling it.
Sep 5, 2018 12:24 AM

May 2016
FYI to any who read this, there's surprisingly two versions of this film with different endings. The site where I watched it had only the cut version, but you can find the "uncut" ending on YT if you search. It's, uh, a bit sadder, and maybe not as suitable for kids, but I think it fits the story better and is the better conclusion. Especially with the overall Buddhist theme of this in mind.
-

Anyway this exceeded ALL my expectations. What an underrated and hidden gem! I mean it's nothing overly unique, true, and at times I felt like the pace was a bit too fast regarding certain points in the story, but besides those things; it's still a simple, very cute and very beautiful kids film, with some great visual gags and some surprisingly very touching moments. I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would, and I feel like it definitely rivals many of Disney's most popular films (much more comparable to those than anything else I've watched in anime).
ZaugrSep 5, 2018 12:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2019 8:12 PM

Sep 2017
Zaugr said:
FYI to any who read this, there's surprisingly two versions of this film with different endings. The site where I watched it had only the cut version, but you can find the "uncut" ending on YT if you search.
Thanks for the PSA. I saw the synopsis on Wikipedia and was wondering why I didn't see One-Eye kill Leafie. I like this ending much more.

Watched this for my 2019 AWC, and it surpassed my already high expectations.

This was a really great movie. This is, to my knowledge, the first non-Japanese "anime" I have seen, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The production staff should be really proud of what they have created here; it is truly a work of art. The best part of this movie by far is the superb soundtrack. Every track fit the scene perfectly (with there sometimes being no music at all to add intensity) and when the soundtrack peaks it is excellent. The voice acting was alright, and is probably the only reason I won't be giving this category a 9 or 10. The animation was also great, featuring a unique art style I haven't seen elsewhere. The movie falters in terms of character development and story consistency, and there were elements of the story that should have been cut in favor of better character development (the Rooster getting his own home was unnecessary and should have been used to develop Greenie becoming the Guard Duck more). Besides that, I don't have many complaints. Great movie, I would recommend. 7/10.

GytanzoSep 7, 2019 8:19 PM
Mar 23, 7:29 PM
Mar 2019
This was so much a feelgood Movie.
Korean Movies tend to have a not so good ending, where People die.
This is not one of them, Leafie is such a good character, one you want to have the end she deserves.
Give this a try, you will not be disappointed.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.