Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
i think this series is getting better
at the beginning i didn't have high expectations cause i thought it was just going to be another loli show
Apr 30, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
I agree, I feel like too many things are happening too fast, regardless this was a good episode. I almost at tears when Rentarou needed to put the girl down ;_;. Enju is already at 42%??! I don't want her to die ;_;
Apr 30, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
what exactly indicates this corrosion exam that Enju did?
Apr 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
danae17 said:
what exactly indicates this corrosion exam that Enju did?

they mentioned that once the corrosion rate hits 50%, they turn into a gastrea and cant be saved anymore. think about what would happen next
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 30, 2014 12:23 PM
Apr 2013
Question. The masked guy was working for the old guy, right? I don't understand that, since the old guy is anti-cursed children rights and the masked guy seemed pro-cursed children rights. Why would they be working together?
Apr 30, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I can't believe all this happened in just one episode. What did they skip?
Also, that cliffhanger. Too bad for Masked-guy, I hope he isn't dead yet, he was one of the few reasons I still watched it.
Apr 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
One more thing. It was pretty funny how they were so afraid of stage 5 gastrea which almost wiped out the humanity, when they have a huge rail-gun shooting shells close to speed of light capable of killing in with one shot... Just what the hell is with this show.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
Feels like i just watched some 2 min AMV.Why would they rush it so much...
Apr 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
Antanaru said:
One more thing. It was pretty funny how they were so afraid of stage 5 gastrea which almost wiped out the humanity, when they have a huge rail-gun shooting shells close to speed of light capable of killing in with one shot... Just what the hell is with this show.

Someone already stated that the gun is a prototype and was never tested. Also it got destroyed after that one shot.
You can't really expect them to feel confident with an untested one shot prototype gun.
Apr 30, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Considering watching this show at 80% plackback speed just so I can absorb what the hell is going on!
Apr 30, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
Damn so I guess he was lying about the corrision test, and I like this fast pace sort of anime, keeps me watching for the WHOLE thing and not just half the episode talking about some dark shit in their past.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 30, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2007
Damn, who said this season was boring...almost everything I've picked up so far has been seriously good.

I just watched the latest episode for Black Bullet and it's pretty damn epic. Rentaro is pretty badass with synthetic limbs, reminded me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The corrosion rate is a pretty sad aspect of the series and it was sad to see Rentaro having to kill the young Kayo. Damn Enju is already at 42.9% and she's been "corroding" ever since she was born but only corrodes more when she uses her powers....well, I think that's the case. I wonder what corrosion rate she's at in the light novels?
Apr 30, 2014 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
I just predicted the end of the series and now I'm crying for it TT_TT
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Apr 30, 2014 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
MrsKotobuki said:
Question. The masked guy was working for the old guy, right? I don't understand that, since the old guy is anti-cursed children rights and the masked guy seemed pro-cursed children rights. Why would they be working together?

removed-userApr 30, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 30, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
D-did he really just let that old man who was behind everything go completely free? he didn't even inform the police or anything?

and why wouldn't they keep that massive gun both manned and armed at all times? (or at least manned and armed it once they found out what the masked guys plan was) It felt so contrived just so that the hero is the only one who can save the day.
Apr 30, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
SimmianPrime said:
D-did he really just let that old man who was behind everything go completely free? he didn't even inform the police or anything?

and why wouldn't they keep that massive gun both manned and armed at all times? (or at least manned and armed it once they found out what the masked guys plan was) It felt so contrived just so that the hero is the only one who can save the day.

because even though he is insane, he is still backing up the leader sentenshi. if he is gone, she has no one who actually can help with her. also, there are no real evidence. the only one claiming the connection between kagetane and the old man is rentaru alone.

the gun was outside of the city, a prototype never tested once before. originally it was developed to deal with the gastrea, but was left behind because there were too many of them. also, the gun got destroyed after firing the shot, it is now only a pile of metal.

because the anime rushed the fk out of it, i'll try to answer all questions. (at least those i can answer)
current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 30, 2014 5:29 PM
Mar 2014
Without having read the novels or this thread first, I still thought E4 was rushed way too fast here. It felt like the end of a series, up to the very end of the episode. Too much finality for the first third of a show (Kagetane, Stage 5/Railgun, Enju's test results).

Also, was anyone else bothered by the fact that Rentaro was worried about missing a shot when the Heaven's Ladder fires at velocities near the speed of light? That (and his arm being used as ammunition) kinda bugged me at the end of it all.
Apr 30, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't read the stuff but things are moving WAY too fast. He goes from nearly dying in one episode to owning the guy in the next episode, then saving the city by destroying what is apparently the biggest and baddest Stage Gastrea.

It's also clear the mask guy didn't die (nobody ever dies without confirming the dead body in a piece of fiction).

Meh.
Apr 30, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2014
Not sure what to think of the fight. It was ok, but then again it seems like an asspull.

Surprised to see the grandfather was behind Hiruko. I don't think he's dead yet, he will probably come back, since he used a mask he will probably show himself without it and fool people around.

Anyway one thing bothers me. Rentaro mentioned 11 Stage 5 Gastrea, and one of them is called Scorpion, ergo am I wrong to think the 12th one is missing? Also am I even more wrong to assume that 12th one is related to Rentaro or Enju, which could mean why Seitenshi said "I'll tell you the truth about YOU"?

And since a small bike was a catalyst then that means Gastreas are still human at heart?

Well this is gonna be interesting to watch.
Apr 30, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
This show sucks. Slow the f down. They're tossing so much stuff at us at once it feels like they could wrap the whole story up in 2 more episodes lol.
Apr 30, 2014 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
At the end of episode 4, it felt like the anime was ending.
Apr 30, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
A pretty good episode and not a bad anime so far, though I share the same concerns with everyone about it being rushed.
I hope that's not the end of the main antagonist already cause he seems pretty badass.
And that degradation percentage at the end... Damn..
Apr 30, 2014 6:13 PM
Mar 2009
What...? Rentaro had enough resolve to pull his right arm off and even take a bunch of syringes with a 20% chance of turnng into a Gastrea, but not enough to fire a railgun? If the thing travels at near light speed and the Gastrea is THAT big, there's no FUCKING WAY you would miss. Get a grip please.

So everyone but Rentaro and Enju died and possibly even Kagetane. And the object they all died to retrieve was a freaking tricycle? LOL. Wow. That sucks.

Enju is almost halfway corrupted and Kisara's grandpa was the one behind it all. And Rentaro lets him get away with it. Okay, I don't get him anymore.
Apr 30, 2014 6:19 PM
Nov 2013
I'm not surprised everyone is complaining about this being bad compared to the original source material, we are talking about the studio that brought us Code Breaker (we all know that was a steaming pile of shit)

I haven't read to original, so I can't compare. But that was pretty damned rushed... I'll continue watching it cause I'm enjoying it but I hope we don't get screwed over with a shitty ending.
Apr 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
And again i wonder why everyone only sees the cursed children as Gastrea. Besides Varanium they are the only defense against actual Gastrea. And someone (Seitenshi or whoever) decided that it would be better to team up one civil officer armed with varanium with a cursed child..maybe they made bad experiences using only an officer?

And whether the masked man is truly dead..we didn't see Rentaro putting some bullets into him and kicking him again and again to make sure he isn't faking, so the chance that he survived is rather high. They didn't fully resolve what happens to Kohina (like her dying too or being taken in by someone), so yeah..
Apr 30, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
The battle was quick, but seriously this is just too rushing >.<
Apr 30, 2014 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
wtf happened lol

keragamming said:

^
Apr 30, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
BreakingSad said:
That ED was awesome. Who sings it?

Nagi Yanagi. She sung the ED for the first 3 episodes as well.
Apr 30, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
WhiteVye said:
No! No! NO!
I refuse to accept that episode!
Then again...not many will.
Considering the blur of everything that just happened.

On a side note, we seem to have the makings of a new Edward Elric(Fullmetal Alchemist) here.
Would be great to see how he got those parts on him.
Maybe through experimentation or something?

Focusing on the last bit, people like Seitenshi-sama seem to have more to hide than I first thought.
Like the tricycle...say what?
Also, Enju might be in more danger than the duo might think.

I'm really hoping the pacing slows down next episode considering I couldn't feel the emotions pouring out as I watched this.
But, we'll see what the people over there have in mind.

They did explain that he got the parts through life saving surgery. He lost 2 of his limbs and his eye when he was protecting Kisara from an attacking gastrea. The doctor, Sumire, who he frequents is the one who performed the surgery on him.
Apr 30, 2014 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
rev0lt said:
I'm not surprised everyone is complaining about this being bad compared to the original source material, we are talking about the studio that brought us Code Breaker (we all know that was a steaming pile of shit)

I haven't read to original, so I can't compare. But that was pretty damned rushed... I'll continue watching it cause I'm enjoying it but I hope we don't get screwed over with a shitty ending.

Don't forget Deadman Wonderland...
Apr 30, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
MrsKotobuki said:

The old guy used Kagetane as a political tool. The Cursed Children law was going to go into effect and that would raise the social status of them so they aren't seen as monsters anymore. By using Kagetane and the stage 5 gastrea, people would fear the gastrea even more, therefore becoming more fearful of the cursed children.
Apr 30, 2014 11:06 PM
Jul 2010
I started this series from reading the manga... and they basically blazed past 16 ch's in 4 eps? o_o
I actually thought it was going to be the end of the anime =/
gonderApr 30, 2014 11:14 PM
Apr 30, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
This episode felt so weird.
Apr 30, 2014 11:54 PM
Oct 2013
keragamming said:

So the next episode is season 2? I guess that's ep5-8.
May 1, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2013
Four episodes in and already a corrosion level of 42.1%.
Man, Rentaro is gonna spend a crap load of time in the next episodes just to stop Enju from fighting. I know it already.

Oh the feels with Kayo and Rentaro at Dawn! To think he had to off his friend just made the scene all the more disheartening. Cruel world, this is.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 1, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2009

WOAH! 42.1%!

Enju's ganna die soon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
I guess I love Anime so much I dont care that it seemed like a last episode. Maybe there really going to bring it! But was way too fast and Awesome
May 1, 2014 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Rentaro aka Edward Elric defeats one of the most bad-ass villains, kills an stage 5 gastrea, and he's not even given a raise? Come on. I think he deserves more than unanswered questions and a dead friend.

May 1, 2014 2:01 AM

Feb 2008
Hmm, so some people actually think this is the best show this season? Even accounting for varying taste, that's pretty hard to swallow.

In all honesty, I can't bring myself to care about anything that has happened in this episode. Not the fight, not the revelations, and certainly not the deaths. Perhaps watching Black Bullet right after a cinema sins marathon was a bad idea, but throughout all of the episode I found myself going, "Yeah... no." I can forgive predictability at times, but man there were a lot of cliches. I'll be surprised if Kagetane is really dead. I'm not surprised at all that Shogen died, or his loli partner. I didn't find the death of his loli partner particularly disheartening because we've had like, seven lines from her, and not even a collective of 15 minutes exposed to her. I think the fact that Rentaro had a huge break down moment while firing the rail gun was way out of left field. I mean for one, it's a rail gun, its shot isn't going to be majorly effected by wind resistance, and even if it was, I'm sure its computer would have some sort of auto-targeting programed in, and even if it didn't, that Gastrea's mass didn't leave much room for error. What more, he willingly pulled off his own arm to provide ammunition. If you're going to have a breakdown, it would be at the moment when you realized you didn't have ammunition, not the moment when you have to shoot it.

Nevertheless, I actually will continue this show. I'm actually very interested in reading what goes into these threads as it goes on.

EDIT:
An edit that is completely tangential to most everything I've said thus far: The Gastrea being a scorpion reminded me that I haven't finished Kamen Rider Fourze.
DamonashuMay 1, 2014 2:14 AM
May 1, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
Damonashu said:
Hmm, so some people actually think this is the best show this season? Even accounting for varying taste, that's pretty hard to swallow.

In all honesty, I can't bring myself to care about anything that has happened in this episode. Not the fight, not the revelations, and certainly not the deaths. Perhaps watching Black Bullet right after a cinema sins marathon was a bad idea, but throughout all of the episode I found myself going, "Yeah... no." I can forgive predictability at times, but man there were a lot of cliches. I'll be surprised if Kagetane is really dead. I'm not surprised at all that Shogen died, or his loli partner. I didn't find the death of his loli partner particularly disheartening because we've had like, seven lines from her, and not even a collective of 15 minutes exposed to her. I think the fact that Rentaro had a huge break down moment while firing the rail gun was way out of left field. I mean for one, it's a rail gun, its shot isn't going to be majorly effected by wind resistance, and even if it was, I'm sure its computer would have some sort of auto-targeting programed in, and even if it didn't, that Gastrea's mass didn't leave much room for error. What more, he willingly pulled off his own arm to provide ammunition. If you're going to have a breakdown, it would be at the moment when you realized you didn't have ammunition, not the moment when you have to shoot it.

Nevertheless, I actually will continue this show. I'm actually very interested in reading what goes into these threads as it goes on.

EDIT:
An edit that is completely tangential to most everything I've said thus far: The Gastrea being a scorpion reminded me that I haven't finished Kamen Rider Fourze.

yeah well, problem is they cut tons of character development material and the actual fight between those two. in manga it is still at the fight showing the epicness and despair. the thing was that the gastrea was 50km away, he had to manualy shoot it down, and if he misses and hit the city instead, it would have been more tragic.

i'd recommend you read the LN, baka-tsuki will start translating it after the anime finishes.
current LN reading:
translated here
May 1, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2013
gonder said:
I started this series from reading the manga... and they basically blazed past 16 ch's in 4 eps? o_o
I actually thought it was going to be the end of the anime =/

yeah kinda really ****** too. seriously, if we compare the media inbetween, LN > Manga >>>>> Anime. why did they try to cram 4 volumes in 12 episodes? it should have been more like 2 volumes in 12 episodes, or 4 volumes in 24 episodes. >_<
current LN reading:
translated here
May 1, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
Boring :/

May 1, 2014 3:05 AM

Dec 2011
Damonashu said:
EDIT:

Well, all stage 5 gastrea are named after constellation. Btw, Fourze's ending is shit.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
May 1, 2014 3:40 AM
Jan 2014
Very bad adaptation for a great LN.

If the manga wasn't being released so slowly I would have dropped this already. And I don't really have time to read the LN, so I guess I will have to stick with this for the time being.

I really hope there will be a remake years after this to justify the story but it probably won't happen. :/
May 1, 2014 3:49 AM
Aug 2013
lot of people died for just a damn bike...
May 1, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2013
This anime is unintentionally hilarious.
May 1, 2014 4:14 AM

May 2013
Urek said:
Damonashu said:

EDIT:

yeah well, problem is they cut tons of character development material and the actual fight between those two. in manga it is still at the fight showing the epicness and despair. the thing was that the gastrea was 50km away, he had to manualy shoot it down, and if he misses and hit the city instead, it would have been more tragic.

i'd recommend you read the LN, baka-tsuki will start translating it after the anime finishes.

How would he miss? The sheer speed of the arm (near light speed) made the coriolis effect not factor in at all....
May 1, 2014 4:15 AM
Oct 2013
I beg to differ that this anime is the best anime this season. My vote goes for NGNL. Second seat would be to KoS.

The fast pacing is too much that it hurts the quality of the anime.
May 1, 2014 4:23 AM

May 2013
mbdsquad said:
I beg to differ that this anime is the best anime this season. My vote goes for NGNL. Second seat would be to KoS.

The fast pacing is too much that it hurts the quality of the anime.

This kabloozed my mahonkas.
May 1, 2014 5:11 AM

May 2014
ThreePointer said:
Well, that escalated quickly. We get to see the main hero turn out to be the freaking terminator, the OP villain suddenly lose his cool and "loses" to him, we get to see the worlds strongest Falcon Punch destroy a level 5 Gastrea, and we get to see the main hero shoot a loli in the face... for a freaking tricycle.

i think the tricycle thing makes sense considering we have 8 year old girls terning into Gastrea, and this is just a theory( i have never red the manga, don't even know if there is one ) but it is plausible... that also became a bit clear when he asked Seintei...whats her face :" WTH are gastrea anyway ??!!" ... all in all it was fun :)
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.