Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a great episode again imo with Nike and the king. The tension is in the air this episode though but I like the king's resolve. It was kinda refreshing seeing some of his past too.

I thought Nike's disguise was kinda cute XD
The way she was treated was cruel.. Shit, she also fell to a trap. I'm curious to see her combat skills tbh.
Apr 26, 2014 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Firstly, I want to make a complaint about the time of the on-air. This was 4:30 -5:00 AM here. Is this the anime for the elderly?
Anyway, this episode was very nice. Their relation between Nike and Livius advanced certainly. Their trust each other was very comfortable to watch.

P.S. Why the temple dedicated to the God of the Sun was built under the deep ground? I think priests of that religion were stupid.
Apr 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2012
dmrch said:
P.S. Why the temple dedicated to the God of the Sun was built under the deep ground? I think priests of that religion were stupid.

Hadn't thought of it but it's true that it's pretty weird lol

Their relationship sure advanced a whole lot oO Didn't think he would like her so much already oO
And that ending just makes me smile everytime lol so cute xD
Apr 26, 2014 3:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Livius forcing his smile and Nike being forced to wear that dress was hilarious. XD
She look nice in that new dress though!

Ministry of the Priesthood is cancels the engagement and insists that she undergoes Rite of Illumination, if they intend to take her as the Sun King's wife..
Nice seeing Livius' resolve to protect her.

New character introduced; Rani Aristes, the head of the ministry of priesthood. Quite a sinister personality.
Poor Nike.. I wished she could beat him up good. Damnit..
At least it was nice seeing how those people from orphanage appreciates her. :)

Nike saying she wants to share the same pain with Livius was nice!
Didn't expect him to have that kind of reaction though. XD
Livius gives Nike the locket his mom gave him so she stays safe. :)

Nike goes on the Rite of Illumination.
That map though.. XD
What a cowardly move! Keeping the ring beforehand and sending soldiers after her. -.-

Good episode. Seems like she's saved somehow in next episode. :)

Apr 26, 2014 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
seems like livius is opening up more when it comes to shelia, but i still see their relationship almost as mother-son kind of thing, not just because of the age difference
Apr 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Jul 2010
Happy to see Livius changing! Nike got Livius's important ring! A really big step forward in their relationship and trust!
The designer was strict :)
The Minister of Priesthood is annoying! He sent assassins for the to kill Nike!
The rite did seem dangerous, the map sure was helpful as a motivation boost!

I hope Livius gets rid of Rani soon.
Apr 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
For an anime that's been going at a one chapter per episode pace, why did they skip an entire chapter? That chapter had some nice developments between Nike and Livius too, doesn't make any sense to me. Just seems random.
Apr 26, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2012
Anybody else getting the feeling that the ring that the King gave her, is the actual ring that Nike needs to pass the ritual?
Apr 26, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 2012
Hoping the priests will be arrested for treason.
Apr 26, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 2013
That was really good. Surprised I am liking this because of the genre but the plot is actually pretty good. Curious to see how action-packed this anime will get. Also Nike is a really good lead. Not annoying and very independent but not bitchy independent either.
Apr 26, 2014 4:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
They obviously would've taken the ring out of the box =_= they're so not priestly...

I liked the part where Nike is shown the orphanage and what she learned about Livi from the little girl.
Apr 26, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2013
Aww it ended at a cliffhanger. She had it, but it turned out to be an ambush. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 26, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
Preparing for the wedding, and she needs to get some weight lost. There are people who are not approved of the relations. The head of the group is by NamiDai? The king wanted to protect her, but she decided to accept the trial. She got to the goal but no ring. She is not approved to begin with. Curious how she will react to that (at least she was able to run away according to the preview).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2013
Whoa that cliffhanger...at least the preview shows she's getting out alive. And plot armor.
Apr 26, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2011
Eh, they seemed to skip chapters. No wonder the two suddenly seem so close. o.O
When Nike came across the orphanage and they complimented her, I was like: but she hasn't done anything yet...

Has potential, but not making use of it.
Apr 26, 2014 5:31 PM

Sep 2013
That corset fitting scene :3

So a Sun God temple that is underground? Seems like blaspheme to me.

I just knew that there had to be some kind of trap, but damn that cliffhanger at least the preview confirms she will live.
Darcsen said:
Anybody else getting the feeling that the ring that the King gave her, is the actual ring that Nike needs to pass the ritual?
I hadn't even thought of that, they said Sheila didn't do the ritual, but maybe she did.
Apr 26, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
Darcsen said:

I had that same thought. I actually suspected it right away, and the fact the ring wasn't in the statue makes me think it more. But, it's also highly possible that the idiots(read as Ministry of Priesthood) could have the ring in their possession.

This was a good episode. I still can't figure out what it is about this series that keeps me watching, this usually isn't something I enjoy so much, but I can't stop watching. Nike is an awesome character, I'm loving her take on things.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 26, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
That map lmao.I'm starting to really like this show, characters are seriously great.
No Tender Rain this episode xD
Apr 26, 2014 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at that map that Livius gave her.

I hope Nike can come out of Rite of Illumination alive.
Apr 26, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
Can't help but to love the king & nike interaction in this ep & that cliffhanger!! Those priest bastard.
Apr 26, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
okay episode
seems like there are many factions in the kingdom that want to dispose of the king

Apr 26, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
I'm curious to see her combat skills tbh.

TRUE THAT! XD that would be sooo freaking cooool!

iLostReason said:
No Tender Rain this episode xD

Hahaha, anywhere I go, I always see people saying "Tender Rain" lol. That would make a good anime meme this 2014! XD

GO Nike! Fightoooo!
Apr 26, 2014 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
This show's actually getting steadily better, despite its predictability in parts. It was worth staying on for.

Darcsen said:

I thought that was really obvious, lol. As soon as I saw the missing ring, I realised why Livius even suddenly brought up a ring out of nowhere.
Apr 26, 2014 9:54 PM
Nov 2013
cyborgneko999 said:
Can't help but to love the king & nike interaction in this ep & that cliffhanger!! Those priest bastard.

im just waiting forthat kiss dammit! I really would like to get to the episodes where Nike and livius are even closer withe ach other
I cant wait for next week ill fly to japan and force the episode out of them.
Apr 26, 2014 9:57 PM
Nov 2013
I would definitley want to see a time skip atthe end of this anime!! I rwally want to see a grown up livius<3<3 the manga isnt being released fast enough •^•....
Apr 26, 2014 11:05 PM

May 2013
I had a feeling it was a trap. It ended in a cliffhanger this time. Judging from the preview, she made it out.
Apr 26, 2014 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Darcsen said:

I thought the same thing! LOL.

I'm really enjoying this anime, although I liked the previous episode better. This all seems like unnecessary drama. But, still loving Livi/Nike dynamic.
Apr 27, 2014 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
Sweet romance. Tears and laughter each ep.
Apr 27, 2014 1:16 AM

Apr 2010
Dargh, that flippin' cliffhanger xP
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 27, 2014 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Didn't expect an anime taking place in a fantasy world to have a character spoofing Karl Lagerfeld (according to the end credits he's even named Karl lol)
Apr 27, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
I wonder if they'll end up animating the skipped chapter at all? If not, does that mean no Luna? That chapter does make nice progress in their relationship. Nothing groundbreaking plotwise I guess, though.
---

LOL at how she's wearing the frilly dress in this episode's OP. Chefs have also been added.

Livius has become truly protective and concerned for her aw.

The preview of the next episode *__*
RhapsodyinBlueApr 27, 2014 1:36 AM
Apr 27, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2013
I can't help but to scream whenever I see Livi and Nike moments in this episode!

But arrrrgggh, the Priest should be arrested, pretty good episode although the ending was a cliffhanger. Hnnnnnggg.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 27, 2014 4:07 AM
Jan 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I hope Nike can come out of Rite of Illumination alive.

I'm pretty sure Nike does make it out since in the preview for episode 5 it shows livius hugging Nike
Did any one find the fact that the 1 torch nike was given was still burning at the same place from the start at statue strange? I mean getting to the statue probably took more than a hour but the torch wasnt shortened
Other than that I really liked the part at the orphanage and the bed covered in roses
Apr 27, 2014 4:21 AM

May 2010
Nike looked cute in that outfit. The OP is really something.

The CG was a bit... Nike is among the best protagonist this season, so awesome.

Great episode.
Apr 27, 2014 4:59 AM
Mar 2010
wow someone beet me to the review the one I wrote was declined hahaha maybe I'll write again when I finnish this

PS what happened to the part regarding princess luna did yhey skip a chapter
Apr 27, 2014 5:05 AM
Mar 2010
straggy said:
This show's actually getting steadily better, despite its predictability in parts. It was worth staying on for.

Darcsen said:

I thought that was really obvious, lol. As soon as I saw the missing ring, I realised why Livius even suddenly brought up a ring out of nowhere.

I'll tell you something from the manga tha ring actuallyncame from his ****** ok I'll will not spoil it just watchI it if they follow the manga Nike wll do something amazingly beutiful regarding the sun ring you know what I mean everyone who have read the manga
Apr 27, 2014 5:37 AM

Mar 2010
Ohhhh i wonder what happens next.... Actually i kinda know since i read the manga
But nice episode.
Apr 27, 2014 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
The PV made me even more excited for the next episode.

I'm actually warming up to Nike and Livi now. Ahh, and that quote during the orphanage visit...
Apr 27, 2014 7:25 AM
Mar 2010
Ranoom said:
Ohhhh i wonder what happens next.... Actually i kinda know since i read the manga
But nice episode.

I hope they follow the manga cause that scene would look so beuatiful in an anime you know what I mean right
Apr 27, 2014 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
A feel-y and adventure episode! Really liked this one.
Apr 27, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2010
Another good episode :D Really love this series.

Poor Nike, getting forced to wear that dress. Dat Hourglass body XD

Lol'd at the old men's reaction to the big boobs on the picture XD

Gotta love Nike with how she doesn't want to be a burden on Livius and doesn't want to be only protected and rather protect him. This girl is so BA and lovable <3

That little girl telling Nike about how Livius talks about her was sweet. He's such a tsundere XD

How he got irritated at her acting cool was lol XD And lol'd so much at the map XD

But damn! Those bastards, they never intended to have her come back.

Dat cliffhanger. I wonder how she'll deal with this without wind?

PV seems nice too :)
Apr 27, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2010
Very awkward pacing and cheesy as hell, but I really like Nike.
Apr 27, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2009
That was way too over dramatic, when the hell did those two get so close?! Apparently they skipped a chapter where they bonded? Cos' of this, the episode was very awkward and yes the pacing was weird.

Weakest episode by far.
Apr 27, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
How difficult is it for the supposedly most powerful king in the world to dispose of a few priests? just burn the temple and make it like an accident or simply have a few assassins kill the priest quietly and have the official report written as "accident" or "heart attack".

In any case it's incredibly short-sighted for Livius not to foresee this kind of trap. Makes you wonder how he conquered most of the world.
Apr 27, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2011
So the religious fools of the country don't accept the engagement between Nike and Adidas... erm... I mean Livius, so she has to pass a test. Some people just like to do everything in their power to be annoying and bother others if they don't like something.
That priest (lol forgot his name) was one heartless bastard, a douche among douches, he needs to get his ass kicked so his mind can return where it belongs.
Livius really loves Nike Q.Q T.T
I should have known that things won't go smooth and that Nike would be attacked.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 27, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
<3 Loving this anime more 6/5 >3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
The trap was sort of obvious...want a nice way to get rid of the King's wife maybe in this special temple that no one supposed to go into...right?
Anyways decent episode want to see her murders those people for doing this to her though.I hope the ring that she is supposed to get not really the ring the king gave to her before she went into the maze.
Apr 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2011
This is sooo good!! I need moar episodes!!
Apr 27, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode. Pretty fast pace. Really like Nike's character.
Apr 27, 2014 7:33 PM
Feb 2010
The pacing is a bit too quick for me. I mean, they did show NIke and Livi bonding a bit in the
previous episodes, but not to the point that they show them here where they're already caring about each other to such a degree.

Still, I am enjoying it. The trap was obvious. And I do think Livi probably suspects it. I would be surprised if he doesn't. Next episode should be just as good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.