Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2014 11:36 PM
Jul 2013
The_Bif said:
Dropped.

Oh, I don't mean the anime. The anime is awesome. I'm dropping the episode discussions for this anime, because obviously people are too busy pandering to both the haters and the hypers at the same time to actually discuss the episodes. I mean, seriously people, this thread has been nothing but back and forth "It gets better" x "but how do you know people will even like it when it gets better?" and "MC's too OP" x "Too much incest" x "did you count the number of times his sister addressed him as her brother?(oni-sama, nii-san, etc)" Oh, and the LN readers! Ha! Some of the LN readers are praising this for being an excellent adaption while others are complaining that it's not completely 100% perfect! So, I'm done. Peace!

Same here. Same things, incest, too much info, overpowered MC. Get over it, you dolt. On the other side of things, I hope MadHouse don't skip cutscene as i hate anime got skipped cutscene.
Apr 26, 2014 11:58 PM

Dec 2011
EasyGo-er said:

Btw, can't wait to see Yokohama animated, if the ED singles cover are of any indication, I'd say it looks pretty gorgeous ^^
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140426074009/sonako/images/0/04/Mahouka_253.jpg

Apr 27, 2014 12:42 AM

Feb 2014
SolviteSekai said:
iFourier said:
SolviteSekai said:
iFourier said:
the ending. I can't wait for the subs.

Both of them talking about the yostuba and maya in the middle of the picture. I'm loving this. Wonder if the fact that they are yotsuba is already revealed at this point or not ^^

Nice maybe spoiler there.

you've been QQ'ing about this anime every episode discussion.. move on bro.

Calm down fanboy.

It's not that big of a spoiler. And yeah the anime is pretty boring at the moment. The first arc in general is bad until the very ending, where it gets a bit better. Starting on arc 2 the awesomeness-level of this anime starts incresing exponentially.

Must be nice being able to see the future.
yeah, for the first 3 episodes this anime seems boring (not for me, of course)

but I think this arc will get more serious, and get better :3

An for this Episode, it's a nice decision for Manabu Ono to not insert the OP >_<
I rather see the infodumps than the OP.

Hm....I'm get a little dissapointed for Ono Sensei's character design and Seiyuu >w<

She seems...to moe ?
and fat :v LOL
Apr 27, 2014 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
Why am I not surprised at the number of people who voted 5? In what way can ANYONE "love" this episode? It's 20 minutes dedicated to boring conversations. See at least with Bakemonogatari, you can say we get nice visuals and some wit, but we didn't even get that here. To top it off, the conversations don't contribute anything to the story at all.

Also, didn't all you fanboys say there was no "fanservice" in this show? Nice zoom in on the councilor's boobs and thighs BTW!
Apr 27, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
Miraclezify said:
Why am I not surprised at the number of people who voted 5? In what way can ANYONE "love" this episode? It's 20 minutes dedicated to boring conversations. See at least with Bakemonogatari, you can say we get nice visuals and some wit, but we didn't even get that here. To top it off, the conversations don't contribute anything to the story at all.

Also, didn't all you fanboys say there was no "fanservice" in this show? Nice zoom in on the councilor's boobs and thighs BTW!

You must be sleeping then. But I don't blame you if you're an anime-only viewer since some things might confuse you with all the infodumps crammed in this episode. All of these are related to all of the four arcs that are adapted this season so maybe rewatching after the season ends will give you a better idea and bigger picture on the whole things.

Oh, about the fanservice, that was on the studio's part since there's no picture of that in the LN. Anyway, compared to most anime, the fanservice is quite tame in this anime since we barely get any boob show except for Miyuki's CAD scene and the beach chapter later. Though I'm sure the studio will make up for the lack of fanservice by zooming on the girls like the one we got this episode and I see they will get a lot of chance to do that in the 2nd arc since it's mostly sports so we'll get lots of shots on the girls wearing sports attire.
EasyGo-erApr 27, 2014 1:10 AM

Apr 27, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2011
Oh God this episode is so boring, it's not like i'm one of those action fanboy or something, but, how they chose to explain things are sooooo freaking boring, and the fanservice and incest scene are seriously cringeworthy, i need to fastforwarded a lot, which i don't fucking understand why because i love fanservice and i love moe and i love incest!!! There must be something wrong with the direction.

Takuan_Soho said:

That's actually quite a good explanation but it doesn't felt that way in the anime, in the anime i feel like they keep forcing that the sibling's relation is purely INCEST INCEST INCEST!!
It seems like the director think the anime viewer are dumb!! I'm offended by his direction.

ugh i give up maybe i should read the LN
rodacMay 2, 2014 7:18 PM
Apr 27, 2014 1:52 AM

Jan 2014
300 said:
bastek66 said:
Another boring episode with over 30 pages of discussion here? Let's wait and see.
yeah fuck that! who wants to understand the story and the world its set in.. give me more brainless action pls *rolls eyes*

I'm with you guys on that, I had to keep pausing the episode to understand what they were even talking about.
Apr 27, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:
skudoops said:
Does this show get more/better action scenes?

If you're talking about actions, yeah it gets better every arc with the 3rd arc being the peak of action. The amount of action would be like this iirc : 3rd arc > 2nd arc > 4th arc > 1st arc

What makes you so sure it'll get better? Sure the arc in LN was good but it was the same with SAO and I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell you what happened when they adapted the ALfheim arc.
Apr 27, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
EasyGo-er said:
skudoops said:
Does this show get more/better action scenes?

If you're talking about actions, yeah it gets better every arc with the 3rd arc being the peak of action. The amount of action would be like this iirc : 3rd arc > 2nd arc > 4th arc > 1st arc

What makes you so sure it'll get better? Sure the arc in LN was good but it was the same with SAO and I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell you what happened when they adapted the ALfheim arc.

Well, he was asking about the action parts, and my reply answers just that since Madhouse is popular for their action scenes. As for SAO, A-1 have never done a decent action series before, and them butchering the adaptation didn't help either. While the downside for Mahouka is its infodumps, I see that they've handled it quite well these 4 episodes. Madhouse will deliver on the action, just trust them.

Apr 27, 2014 2:26 AM
Jun 2010
I'm more interested in the upcoming episodes since the combat scenes are done better.

As for cramming information into the series, I don't believe it really need a script for them all. It is possible to include those information within the subtle details of the character's attitudes, behaviours, speech, or even short clips that were added/altered. Such subtle details don't take extra screen time from the episode, whereas monologue does, but there is also the production deadline factor too. Most adaptation don't take the liberty to make such alteration to make it better, maybe it's due to their agreement, but who knows.
Apr 27, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2008
This show is testing my patience.

I do not care so much about the boring info dumps since it might be necessary to set up the plot later.

However, the incest scenes are really annoying and Miyuki is getting more and more unbearable with each episode. Her obsession with her brother, hear bouts of unwarranted jealousy, her borderline violent tendencies are really getting on my nerves and preventing me from enjoying the show fully. I really wish Tatsuya will put her into her place, but he also seems to worship her so it won't happen.

Also, does every girl need to blush when talking to Tatsuya?

Does every other male character need to be either an asshole or a doormat?

This show is a harem, plain and simple.
Apr 27, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
LazyLuong said:
I'm more interested in the upcoming episodes since the combat scenes are done better.

As for cramming information into the series, I don't believe it really need a script for them all. It is possible to include those information within the subtle details of the character's attitudes, behaviours, speech, or even short clips that were added/altered. Such subtle details don't take extra screen time from the episode, whereas monologue does, but there is also the production deadline factor too. Most adaptation don't take the liberty to make such alteration to make it better, maybe it's due to their agreement, but who knows.

We'll be getting a taste of those actions next episode :3 I just hope that they wouldn't put it near the end of the episode again like almost every previous episodes cause I'd hate to wait for another episode again for some good actions.

Yeah, they just need to include story-related information for now since the 1st arc is already dull as it is. Things like Psion and Pushion won't need to be expanded upon yet until the Visitor arc which wouldn't be included this season. I'm sure everyone can guess what Psions is from the visual since it's practically the same as Mana in other anime. And I love all of the subtle things they've added in the anime so far. Makes for a good rewatch when you've understand the whole things better :)
EasyGo-erApr 27, 2014 2:50 AM

Apr 27, 2014 3:08 AM

May 2013
Heh, Tatsuya, you're such a flirty gigolo, muahahaha.

I am having this thoughts. Do the siblings act more than just brother and sister intensely? Meh, Miyuki didn't have to be jealous in the first place. Btw, pretty decent episode tough.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 27, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2010
Great... an episode that consist on the MC going from point A to point B talking his head off and making all the girls blush in the process, just the kind of episode this anime needed.

Mari and sometimes Erika are the only saving grace of this show. Dropped.

Apr 27, 2014 4:29 AM

Jun 2013
cool this is getting more and more interesting
Apr 27, 2014 4:30 AM

Apr 2013
Baaah. I really wanna watch the parts i didn't read yet xD i wonder how long they will span this arc in the anime.

Apr 27, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
WOW WHERE IS THAT PHENOMENAL OP?

Not that I'm complaining with the amount of material covered in this episode.
As expected, the student council and Disciplinary committee members were investigating the situation that happened during the Kenjutsu club and enquiring about it from Tatsuya.

Juumonji looks like a gorilla.

*FACE-DESK*Those reactions from Erika and Leo were so funny. XD

More info-dumping, gotta love how MH is handling the info-dump smoothly for now, no complains at this moment that much.

Well, just with that explanation, we know much of of an important person Tatsuya is with all his dealings.

Lol, Miyuki was jealous of Mibu? That was cute. And her Yandere-side is showing up too. XDXD Gotta love how straightforward Tatsuya is, even Mari was blushing because of his teasing too.^^

WTF! Haruka-sensei is so fat? They made her into an obasan. And her cutesy-voice doesn't suit her at all. I can't look at her as a sensei-character at all now.

That was nice subtle foreshadowing of what will happen in next episodes. Miyuki was <333 with her braids. Looks like vol2 has started and I need to start reading the LN again. This episode was kinda slow though.
Apr 27, 2014 4:42 AM
Jun 2013
tbh i dont like the fanservice, go away pl0x
Apr 27, 2014 4:45 AM
Feb 2014
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

Dat animation quality
yep, i knew there was something uneasy when I first watch an episode :/
probably gonna pick up again when it continues from what the manga left off
Apr 27, 2014 4:47 AM

May 2010
Well, good episode(?), had some boring parts. That sensei looked fishy. I am not too fond of the current arc.

6.75/10
Apr 27, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2007
You know me, I don't usually drop series but damn this one....I almost dropped it but I didn't because I saw how much "love" Marine and many other have for this series, so I'll be sticking with this one even though I really hate the "incest" yandere aspects of it, I wouldn't mind the yandere clinginess if the girl was someone who wasn't there sister, I mean you do see it occasionally in anime but never to this level but at least it wasn't as bad as that segment in the previous episode.

The show is interesting and weird like when Mibu questioned Tatsuya if he was bullying her...I guess he kinda was by forcing them into an awkward situation to see them squeal.

I think I might need start reading the mangas and LNs for this series....which one should I start off with?
Apr 27, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2010
Ahh Tatsuya what a guy... got every girl dropping panties. Boring episode
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 27, 2014 5:49 AM
Aug 2012
JCDRANZER said:
You know me, I don't usually drop series but damn this one....I almost dropped it but I didn't because I saw how much "love" Marine and many other have for this series, so I'll be sticking with this one even though I really hate the "incest" yandere aspects of it, I wouldn't mind the yandere clinginess if the girl was someone who wasn't there sister, I mean you do see it occasionally in anime but never to this level but at least it wasn't as bad as that segment in the previous episode.

The show is interesting and weird like when Mibu questioned Tatsuya if he was bullying her...I guess he kinda was by forcing them into an awkward situation to see them squeal.

I think I might need start reading the mangas and LNs for this series....which one should I start off with?

You can try out the LN first but if the exposition gets too tough or boring, the manga for the first arc is fully translated and it does a good job on the explanations and it's rather fun.

Apr 27, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2009
sephatu said:
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

Dat animation quality

It's not animation problem (they aren't even moving). Design sucks.
Apr 27, 2014 6:24 AM

Jul 2013
bastek66 said:
sephatu said:
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

Dat animation quality

It's not animation problem (they aren't even moving). Design sucks.

It's not the case of design here since it's pretty much the same with the LN and manga. The problem is the art and drawing of the character. Maybe they're short on time like what happened with SnK last year and this result came out. I'm just hoping this will be fixed for the BDs cause she looks really dumb now, kinda like how Mahou Sensou characters were drawn in the anime >.>

Apr 27, 2014 6:55 AM

May 2013
It was just the usual badness, but then came that ridiculous (and almost apalling) reactionary social commentary at the very end. Good to know in which political direction this show is tilting. Saying that disadvantaged people should just shut up and stop being disadvantaged could come directly from FOX News.
VentrisApr 27, 2014 7:18 AM

Apr 27, 2014 7:24 AM

Feb 2014
Seems that the animation was a little bit weaker this episode. Perhaps they chose to spend less money on episodes like this so they can invest more into Nine Schools Competition Arc and possibly Yokohama Disturbance Arc and Reminiscence Arc.

Other than that this was a pretty decent episode. The information it provided is important for future episodes. I'm guessing this arc will be finished in 2-3 more episodes.
Apr 27, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
tatuhey said:
tbh i dont like the fanservice, go away pl0x

Haters gonna hate.
Apr 27, 2014 7:42 AM

Dec 2010
Ventris said:
Saying that disadvantaged people should just shut up and stop being disadvantaged could come directly from FOX News.

Things are way more complex than that, Tatsuya just pointed that sweet sounding words like 'equality' are just bait used by other powerful people in order to manipulate societies, in that case an external foe is trying to weaken the country, even thought it is just fiction it mirrors reality, communism and it's ideals are commonly backed by huge capitalist conglomerates or other countries in order to manipulate specific groups around the world, targeting a entire country is not far fetched it actually happened in past during cold war.
Apr 27, 2014 7:51 AM
Nov 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
gedata said:
Tatsuya's philosophy seems rather republicanish.

No, just stating an obvious fact that democrats ignore :-)

Basically all he said is that you can't pay doctors the same amount you pay Starbuck Baristas, not because being a doctor is intrinsically better than being a Barista, but rather because becoming a doctor requires far more talent and effort (not to mention nearly a decade of school and residency). The trouble with people going on about "equality" is that not everything is equal.

People don't have much of a problem with this when it comes to sport athletes, they recognize that some people are just born with a freakish height or skill, but when it comes to things that arise due to intelligence or just plain diligence, it seems to become more of a problem.

Likewise those who risk their lives to defend a society that allows the rest of us to enjoy great comfort and security deserve to be treated with more respect than people who just enjoy the fruit of their labors (and I am one of this people, I am just honest about my debt). In this world society is preserved by the diligence and sacrifice of magicians, anyone who doesn't take that into account before talking about "equality" is either a fool, or has a dangerous agenda.

It's one thing to say they deserve more respect, it's another thing to have some sort of superiority complex that the course 2 students do not deserve to sit at the same table as course 1 student. Some of these course 1 students took the bait just as easily as some of the course 2 students, and they BOTH contribute to the overall problems.

And lastly, there are smart and stupid democrats just as there are smart and stupid republicans.

SetsunaFromSeiei said:

Things are way more complex than that, Tatsuya just pointed that sweet sounding words like 'equality' are just bait used by other powerful people in order to manipulate societies, in that case an external foe is trying to weaken the country, even thought it is just fiction it mirrors reality, communism and it's ideals are commonly backed by huge capitalist conglomerates or other countries in order to manipulate specific groups around the world, targeting a entire country is not far fetched it actually happened in past during cold war.

Yes, the concept known as "equality" has been used as tool to manipulate people. But it should be kept in mind that other concept has also been used to manipulate others, such as "freedom", "justice", "Christianity". Just because they have been misused on occasions doesn't necessarily mean they are entirely baseless themselves.
kensionApr 27, 2014 8:03 AM
Apr 27, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
SetsunaFromSeiei said:
Ventris said:
Saying that disadvantaged people should just shut up and stop being disadvantaged could come directly from FOX News.

Is that what people are getting from Tatsuya? That he thinks the disadvantaged people should just accept their lot in life?
Apr 27, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, probably due to the lack of action, the animation quality noticeably dropped. But then, this is one of those rare >13~15 episode anime series which are getting fewer & fewer as time goes by, and I much rather the animation company save the $ to really nail the action sequences where it COUNTS.

As for Tatsuya's argument on Blanche & the Magic society, STOP TRYING TO DECODE IT AS SOME POLITICAL SATIRE OF THE WORLD! There is NO MAGIC in real life (and no, I will not try or attempt to waste my brainpower to figure out if Magic society is alluding to some real political movement) and just take it for what it is; a fictional backstory & conflict of the story.
Apr 27, 2014 8:02 AM

May 2013
SetsunaFromSeiei said:
Ventris said:

No, they're not. He claims that people with magic have to work incredible hard to get their high social standing (which they obviously don't, they get born with a gift, get education in an exclusive top tier school and then fasttracked into society. The social system in Mahouka is inherently unfair.) and that people without magic won't admit that "achievement".
So instead of knowing their place, they bitch about this totally just system, obviously manipulated by foreign agents, because that is the only reason someone may want to change society.

I'm not sure what your excursion into communism was supposed to achieve. Equality of opportunity is by no means solely a communist ideal, but also one of the pillars of capitalism.

As for Tatsuya's argument on Blanche & the Magic society, STOP TRYING TO DECODE IT AS SOME POLITICAL SATIRE OF THE WORLD! There is NO MAGIC in real life (and no, I will not try or attempt to waste my brainpower to figure out if Magic society is alluding to some real political movement) and just take it for what it is; a fictional backstory & conflict of the story.

Just exchange the word "Magic" for "Money" in his monologue and you're right at the Republican partys right wing
VentrisApr 27, 2014 8:05 AM

Apr 27, 2014 8:05 AM
Oct 2013
Ventris said:
It was just the usual badness, but then came that ridiculous (and almost apalling) reactionary social commentary at the very end. Good to know in which political direction this show is tilting. Saying that disadvantaged people should just shut up and stop being disadvantaged could come directly from FOX News.

He not saying that, he is saying people with ability should get payed for what they can do. Magiican can use magic so they can make a living out of doing stuff that require magic, saying thats unfair and they shouldn't be allow to do that is stupid. Like you were bore with a good body so you can play sports but people with weaker body go say you shouldn't be allow to because its unfair thats just plain dumb.

Magicians have to work hard, they are born with magic but they aren't born with ability to use it well. They all have to study and train to become good magician to get good jobs, like how ever other profession works.
Apr 27, 2014 8:08 AM

May 2013
RexZShadow said:
Ventris said:

He not saying that, he is saying people with ability should get payed for what they can do. Magiican can use magic so they can make a living out of doing stuff that require magic, saying thats unfair and they shouldn't be allow to do that is stupid. Like you were bore with a good body so you can play sports but people with weaker body go say you shouldn't be allow to because its unfair thats just plain dumb.

But there is no other way to distinguish yourself, because society is unfairly tilted towards magic. Kendo girl doesn't want to topple the government, but be acknowledged for her Kendo skills in her school. Yet all Tatsuya does is belittle her for not accepting the status quo and having ideas above her paygrade.

Apr 27, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2010
millie10468 said:

Is that what people are getting from Tatsuya? That he thinks the disadvantaged people should just accept their lot in life?

Actually he accepted his lot and understands why people wants utopia, those feelings are part of him too, but he is realist, Tatsuya here is the actor that lived the worst of both worlds, his attitude is pretty straightforward he fights for things he wants while not caring much about what other people thinks about it, the key point is self reliance.
Apr 27, 2014 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Tetsuya: I accepted the discrimination though I'm super talented as hell. Why can't you people get on my level? <-
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 27, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2013
DawnJ said:
Tetsuya: I accepted the discrimination though I'm super talented as hell. Why can't you people get on my level? <-

This is his role in a nutshell. He gets played as the hero of the blind, when he is actually clairvoyant.

Apr 27, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 2013
Ventris said:
RexZShadow said:
Ventris said:

But there is no other way to distinguish yourself, because society is unfairly tilted towards magic. Kendo girl doesn't want to topple the government, but be acknowledged for her Kendo skills in her school. Yet all Tatsuya does is belittle her for not accepting the status quo and having ideas above her paygrade.

Because she trying to get acknowledged for the wrong thing in the wrong place, the school is a magic school it values magic power above all else ofc kendo skill will be looked below magic power in the school. Never said entire society look down up on it, if she were to go to normal school she probbaly be a star at the sport (Erika does say she really really good)
And same thing can be said to athlete and scientiests, they are born with a good body or born smart, they work hard to get those good jobs that society favors should they be not allow to do those things coz its unfair? its basically the same thing, people might not want to believe it but people are born smart, people are born stronger than other its the same thing as born with magic and saying they can't use the talent to making a living is stupid.

Also no where has it really been stated society is unfairly tilted toward magic.
Apr 27, 2014 8:20 AM

Oct 2013
Ventris said:
snip

What the anime failed to include is that,
Tatsuya is saying that because magicians have become synonymous with a country's military power, it's very easy for people who want to weaken the country's power to take advantage of this feeling of discrimination between magicians and non-magicians. Ultimately, Blanche and Egalite, although similar in ideals on the surface, have different goals
OpalMidgeApr 27, 2014 8:33 AM
Apr 27, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
I can't believe this generic shounen fighting show spawned a political debate in this thread.

This is baffling to me.

Guys. Its about fighting and romance. There's not fucking underlying political/sociological themes.
Apr 27, 2014 8:23 AM
Oct 2013
Might want to spoiler tag that coz I do think thats explained later XD

But yes magiicians don't have much choice in jobs
Apr 27, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
Still digging Tatsuya as MC.
Apr 27, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
RexZShadow said:
Might want to spoiler tag that coz I do think thats explained later XD

But yes magiicians don't have much choice in jobs

Which part?
Apr 27, 2014 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
SolviteSekai said:
I can't believe this generic shounen fighting show spawned a political debate in this thread.

This is baffling to me.

Guys. Its about fighting and romance. There's not fucking underlying political/sociological themes.

It's fapping material for netouyo. Don't be harsh.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 27, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Decent episode
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 27, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
and back to boring stuff... hopefully we get more action next episode or at least some action
Apr 27, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2010
Ventris said:

No, they're not. He claims that people with magic have to work incredible hard to get their high social standing (which they obviously don't, they get born with a gift, get education in an exclusive top tier school and then fasttracked into society. The social system in Mahouka is inherently unfair.) and that people without magic won't admit that "achievement".

Just like raw intelligence, health condition and genetic background, there's too many unfair things and several types of gifts that challenge 'equality' narrative and equal opportunity, the world is far from fair , people born with physical conditions hardly have access of so-called equality of opportunity in any shape and punishing or not rewarding people accordingly for having key abilities to sustain society just achieves societal collapse instead of equality.

Ventris said:

So instead of knowing their place, they bitch about this totally just system, obviously manipulated by foreign agents, because that is the only reason someone may want to change society.

Revolutions are mostly backed by external powers, human will be never satisfied most of time and external powers can exploit discontent people, so they have a point, the political establishment has several means to hinder further change from system even in so-called democratic nations.
Ventris said:

I'm not sure what your excursion into communism was supposed to achieve. Equality of opportunity is by no means solely a communist ideal, but also one of the pillars of capitalism.

Not its not, its completely alien concept to capitalism, try looking for the definition of those words first.
Ventris said:

Just exchange the word "Magic" for "Money" in his monologue and you're right at the Republican partys right wing

You used false equivalence, actually magic is biologic trait, the equivalent in our world should be a biologic trait too, like health or other trait predictor of success.
SetsunaFromSeieiApr 27, 2014 8:45 AM
Apr 27, 2014 8:47 AM

Dec 2011
millie10468 said:
Ventris said:
snip

What the anime failed to include is that,
Tatsuya is saying that because magicians have become synonymous with a country's military power, it's very easy for people who want to weaken the country's power to take advantage of this feeling of discrimination between magicians and non-magicians. Ultimately, Blanche and Egalite, although similar in ideals on the surface, have different goals

Apr 27, 2014 8:51 AM
Nov 2010
SetsunaFromSeiei said:

Revolutions are mostly backed by external powers, human will be never satisfied most of time and external powers can exploit discontent people, so they have a point, the political establishment has several means to hinder further change from system even in so-called democratic nations.

Yea, just like that ME girl who wants to promote female educations in ME. I am sure she's just manipulated by foreign power. Such foolish one.

It's like people can't have their own opinion that's different from the majority without being manipulated by foreign power.

And of course, once it's found out that you happened to be manipulated, then your entire ideology must be discredited entirely right there and then.

SetsunaFromSeiei said:

Not its not, its completely alien concept to capitalism, try looking for the definition of those words first.

Right, until some self-proclaimed capitalists use this argument to promote capitalism over socialism.
kensionApr 27, 2014 9:10 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.