Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 26, 2014 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
Glad I did not drop this series after episode 2.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 27, 2014 12:02 AM

Sep 2010
I really enjoyed how it all came together. Really glad I didn't drop this early on
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 27, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
Yay new characters introduced, with their unique powers :D.

Felt like a continuation from the 1st episode, but out of pace for some reason. So far the characters are not bad so I'll get used to them. As typical for Shaft making their stuff really creative.

Apr 27, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2013
Well the first two episodes were just weird but now everything makes a lot more sense. This show is getting really interesting but I'm still trying to figure out where they're trying to go with it.
Apr 27, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2013
that was cool to see how they fitted the different characters together. very shaft (of course)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 27, 2014 12:40 AM

Nov 2012
now the whole thing actually makes sense and ties the first 2 episodes together
still don't really know where the story is heading though, but i'm sure we'll find that out later..
Apr 27, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was very cool... I'm falling in love with all the characters I didn't really care that much about when I originally listened to the songs/read the manga. It's so refreshing to see them animated, especially the action scene with Momo, Mary and Kido.

I am also loving what they do with Azami's story at the end of each episode. So cute, but so sad.

Episode 4 couldn't come any sooner... Kagerou Days!! I'm so anxious to watch the arc that started my addiction to this series.
Apr 27, 2014 1:45 AM

Aug 2012
Well, at least this is a lot better than last episode.
Gotta give the props to Shaft for the outstanding animation.

Hmm.. I think this episode convinced me to pick the manga.
Apr 27, 2014 3:01 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't read the manga so I wasn't sure about this anime, but this episode really made everything come together! I liked it :)!
Apr 27, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2011
Awesome, I knew this show was going to be special and now it's finally starting to shine. Gotta love parallel overlapping stories.
Apr 27, 2014 3:10 AM

May 2010
I am starting to like the OP. So this episode is tied to the first one. What an episode... I was hooked! 10/10
Apr 27, 2014 3:13 AM

Jul 2011
THIS EPISODE IS AWESOME!!!! OMGOSHHH SUPERDUPER EXCITING! I WAS GASPING FOR AIR AT THE LAST SCENE, I love the direction and how the director choose to tell the story, and i'm sure the source material is also good. Well the art needs some improvement but knowing it's shaft i bet they will improve lots and lots of things for the BD

As someone who's not familiar with the source material, the introduction of every character with their own unique power is sooo interesting, and i love each one of the character's personality, so vibrant.
I tend to hate the icy cold character and i thought Kido will become one of those character, turns out she's pretty endearing, as far as i can see, her, Kano, and Kisaragi are my favorites.
milloApr 27, 2014 3:17 AM
Apr 27, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2013
Finally! This episode is better than the first two episodes and explained powers from changing eyes.

Still, I find Marry cute and Kano funny. Ahaha, Kido was cute when she blushed. I want more now!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 27, 2014 3:27 AM

Dec 2013
Way better than the first 2 episodes! As a dedicated Kagerou Project fan, I am delighted.
Hi!
Apr 27, 2014 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
Nice!!! I feel like things are starting to come together story wise....I'm pretty excited about this anime.
Apr 27, 2014 3:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Better than the last episode for sure.

I'm not familiar with the source material so I don't know how much SHAFT is sticking to it, but I get the feeling they're trying to get too creative with timeskips/ POV's. It works for some anime (Bacanno and Durarara come to mind) but I'm not sure that it's doing so for this one at this point in time. I hope i'm wrong and that the best is yet to come.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2014 5:19 AM

Jun 2013
nice episode didn't really understood the plot at the first 2 episodes but now i have a clear idea
Apr 27, 2014 5:20 AM

Jun 2012
jen_lawliet said:

"you gat a maill

MAILL"

http://i.imgur.com/oagdhfG.png
Apr 27, 2014 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
I love it when shows tie everything together from multiple points of view.
Apr 27, 2014 6:59 AM

Jan 2008
KAGEROU DAYS NEXT!! YYEEEESSSSSSSHHHHH!!!! HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE.
Apr 27, 2014 7:19 AM

Sep 2013
This episode is slightly better than the previous one, at least they didn't waste our time with the song and only put it as BGM. Besides that, there was more Mekakushi Dan interaction but apart from that, as far as I'm concerned, I still hate the art for everything but the characters and I hate how it constantly switches angles and constantly focuses on different things: it's super distracting.

I can only hope that Kagerou Days will be better...
Apr 27, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2011
Finally an episode that I can say it was interesting and worth the watch. Kano's one funny guy that's going to get smacked around a lot from the looks of it and Marry is cute, but too clumsy. Seto and Shintaro are my favorite characters at the moment.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 27, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
A great episode, well above the bullshit that was the previous one, do not think a 20 minute presentation of Momo was necessary, but I liked the direction that, at least it seems that the script is not running well, I trust SHAFT and director, just do not know with 13 episodes in a cour will to really do a good advantage ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Apr 27, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2013
It's about time they introduced the other characters/members of the Mekakushi Dan. The power of Momo is exactly the opposite of Kido. They are all extraordinary people after all.

So that's what happened with the hostage at the mall. Momo started first then Shintaro. Looks like it progressed starting with this episode. I wonder who's the girl in the train in the closing song.

I gotta say, they look cool with their hoods on.
Apr 27, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
Kano's personality reminds me such much of my own~
Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
Wow that KanaHana Manaka voicing Marry.
Apr 27, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
hmmm, cool how they connected everything, i like this show
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Apr 27, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
She get along with them pretty fast huh.

Would fall asleep halfway if it weren't for that Kano fella.
Apr 27, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Finally, stuff makes sense! I like, I like. I see the potential for this to be amazing. The introduction of the new characters was not as confusing as I expected.

Redeemed.
Apr 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
So, now we know what happened during the first episode? Cool!
It finally made sense.... :3

New characters as well~! Marry is so cute and ditzy~! x3
Apr 27, 2014 11:30 AM
Dec 2012
Mekaku City Actors episode 3 did something that I thought was genuinely surprising and clever. Episode 3 presented the viewer with a problem as well as (almost) all the resources available to the protagonists, and then solved the problem using a non-trivial plan... or at least it got pretty darn close. This is surprisingly uncommon. I'll break things down a bit further.
For reference here is a character list: http://myanimelist.net/anime/21603/Mekakucity_Actors/characters.
To skim over everything, the problem is a hostage situation, the resources are the 7 characters and the darkened tech shop.
What the plan seems to be is, to use Marry to freeze the clowns, to do this they need attention on Marry and light so that people can see. To get attention to Marry Momo uses her power while standing next to Marry, and to get light they rely on Momo's brother to open the windows. To allow Momo's brother the chance to open the windows, Momo and the gang create a distraction by detaching TVs from the wall.
The key to all of this coming together was proper observation and planning. First the combination of Seto and Kano's powers created an avenue of communication with Momo's brother. When Momo noticed her brother with ear buds she remembered Eme and figured she could open the windows. From these observations she was able to formulate the plan.
Unfortunately this whole thing does have a few holes, but they are holes that could have been solved. First that Marry needed more light for her power to work is poorly conveyed seeing as everyone was already operating just fine in the darkened store. I think this could have really been made more clear. Second, Marry's movement to Momo in front of the window was a bit unbelievable seeing as we see Momo moving there and she isn't with Marry at the time. I think this could have been solved by just having Marry run with Momo. Third, I think detaching all those TVs in such a short time is ridiculous. I feel they could have done with a much smaller and quicker distraction. Finally it was never really conveyed that Kano/Seto had a way of freeing Momo's brother. I think this is already believable but still could have been conveyed in some form.
The last thing I'd like to point out is this scene: http://i.imgur.com/SFyq7Wr.png
This is huge. In my experience, the most commonly overlooked part of the scientific method is replication. That is being able to replicate results multiple times. This is important because it raises confidence in the result. Momo already figured that her brother could open the windows, but she recognizes that she might be wrong and double checks. This kind of controlled caution shows that she can hit a middle ground between confidence and self doubt which will serve her well in life. It also shows that she doesn't squander resources. In her plan, information is key, so when she has the opportunity to sure up her plan a little she takes it without a second thought.
All & all this was a treat to watch. A problem and a solution displaying some nice quick rational thinking, and all with a cool set of powers.

A friend of mine pointed out one more important thing. The screen behind Momo's brother is shattered when he's on the floor. He thinks this is because a stray bullet hit Momo's brother and I realized that there's some great characterization going on if its true. Momo's brother already had a plan before he realized Momo's plan and it seems to have been to use Eme to break the cowns' control of the mall security system, allowing police and what not to do their thing. This is a bad plan because it never restrained the clowns and would let them harm Momo's brother... and Momo's brother might have known that. His plan might have recognized and ignored his personal safety for the greater good. This sort of thing is nothing new for heroic figures but hopefully this show can treat this decision properly. First of all, I think if Momo's brother never considered that he might get shot then this action louses all merit. It would take a moron not to figure this out and that would make Momo's brother a shitty character. Second, I think a stable person wouldn't make this decision. The hero factor is one thing, but they aren't even being directly threatened. That Momo's brother would choose to act the way he did, to me indicates that he has some diminished value of himself.
ImosaApr 27, 2014 1:02 PM
Apr 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2011
I actually really enjoyed this episode. Much more exciting and stimulating than the last one.
Apr 27, 2014 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
better than the first two episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2010
Now that's an episode. I never doubted you Shaft.
Apr 27, 2014 2:11 PM

Aug 2011
AWYEAAAH MARY!
Apr 27, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
It was way better than the other two episodes, I liked it.

Next~
Apr 27, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2009
Imosa said:
A friend of mine pointed out one more important thing. The screen behind Momo's brother is shattered when he's on the floor. He thinks this is because a stray bullet hit Momo's brother and I realized that there's some great characterization going on if its true.

Holy crap, I didn't notice that.
Apr 27, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Liked it, now everything starts to make more sense.
Apr 27, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Best out of the 3 aired so far. Kano is such a tease~ haha
All those KanoKido interactions <3
The inserted song was nice as well.
Ready for ep 4.

Apr 27, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Great improve from last episode...

Having HanaKana show up always help I guess

Also finnaly the story appears to be shaping up, I have faith in you Shaft, dont disapoint me.

I miss Cyber-girl though
Apr 27, 2014 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Shaft's Engrish pls and Kido's fabulous pose. Kagerou Days next week, hella! LOL
Apr 27, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Another siscon setup. Yep. Just what we need.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 27, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
bunny_lover said:
Another siscon setup. Yep. Just what we need.

I assure you there is none of that in this series...
Apr 27, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was a lot better than the previous one. I liked how all the other characters were introduced , their abilities explained and how what happened in the first episode was resolved. I'm looking forward to the other episodes to see what direction the anime will take.
Apr 27, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was really good, finally we got some explanation
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Apr 27, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Still finding this show pretty boring. Episode 1/2 were nothing of great. Episode 2 was slightly better but not that much more. Give it 1-2 more episodes I guess.
Apr 27, 2014 6:00 PM
Nov 2011
I really liked this episode. The end was awesome, even tho it was a bit...messy.
SetoMary scenes...I really loved them and them made me create more theories...

And this is only for the ones that have read the novels...I really think that the people that only read the manga will be a bit surprised/shocked/disappointed(?) with next episode...do you remember why? XD(hint: plushie doll) ...at least i hope they dont cover it like in the manga
Apr 27, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Now stuff starts making some sense, but the plot is not exactly something to write home about.
Apr 27, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, best episode so far, things are starting to come together. I really recommend those who are new to Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Days to watch the songs, and read the manga - they really help in the understanding of this series, and it wont take long as the manga is only at 22 chapters.
I've gotten up to date with the manga, now I'm going to see if the novels have been translated - brilliant story so far.
RydakoApr 27, 2014 7:14 PM
Apr 27, 2014 6:36 PM
Nov 2011
Rydako said:
Wow, best episode so far, things are starting to come together. I really recommend those who are new to Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Days to watch the songs, and read the manga - they really help in the understanding of this series. I've gotten up to date with the manga, Now I'm going to see if the novels have been translated :P

There are 5 volumes until now. The names are: Vol. I -in a daze-; Vol.II - a headphone actor-; Vol. III -the children reason-; Vol. IV -the missing children-; and Vol.V -the deceiving-
I havent read the entire Vol. I of the novel, just some chapters and summaries, but it's is almost the same thing as the beginning of the manga, just with Shintaro's and Momo's narration. It's cool read what they are thinking XD
- kanopener's master post about kagerou Project: http://kanopener.tumblr.com/translations
- Renna's translations of vol. II and IV: http://renna-translations.tumblr.com/index
- 6010's translation of vol. III(scroll down): http://diagonal-6010.tumblr.com/post/51152609122/6010s-erh-ehem-translations-lol
- the novels' illustrations you can find on the kagepro's wiki
-unfortunately I havent read the vol.V yet, just some summaries telling what happens, but there are some random translations on tumblr...i shall search for it later...
I hope it helped and sorry for my bad English, I'm still learning.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.