Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 12:30 PM
Jun 2010
Anyone is able to purchase the Silver Horn cad as long as they have a license for it, the same way you will need a license to own a firearms. Even with the license, the product itself is expensive to obtain, so many of the magician will op for the other product base on the same design.

Why is the other company able to create similar product? It's because the mysterious designer releases the blueprint for his technology rather than profiting off it. This cause the technology for magician to advance years ahead of its time. In a similar sense, it is like our current technology in regard to open-source software, and patents in some sense.
Apr 19, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
Tatsuya sure is good. Considering the captain's reaction to seeing him fight means he's quite capable himself.
Interested in seeing how this is going to develop. I'm liking it thus far.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 19, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2013
Tetsuya's awesome. He is just dancing around those guys at the end there.
Apr 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2008
I'm quite happy I'm not the only one that think the animation of fighting and is good and when he disabled people other magic
Even thought it was a fast pacing fight it was great. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not going to lie, I think this so far has been fairly well animated for those who're approaching the series for the first time. But as someone who's had some familiarity with the LN and the manga, it really comes off as if they're cutting out a lot of material that, while not completely necessary, would've really helped this series along. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete purist when it comes to adaptations. On the other hand, some dialogue are cut out where it would've only taken fewer than 5 seconds to execute so it's not even a length issue. If Madhouse is concerned about budget, it simply shouldn't take on a project as big as Mahouka.

Just to name one example, when Morisaki and Tatsuya had that conversation after being named members of the disciplinary committee:
Ophis said:

Morisaki "Next time I won't be so careless."
Tatsuya "Next time." Huh. "Its a nice thought, to believe in a next time. If it was a real battlefield, there wouldn't be a next time."
Again, not completely necessary, but it was a huge quote in terms of Tatsuya's characterization and it just disappeared.
Apr 19, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
Loving the action in this. But it sucks that the most interesting parts always happen at the very end of an episode.
Apr 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty good episode.
I get tired of waiting every week for another episode then the good part is at the end but I don't wanna wait till it's done airing. To many months to wait/

Apr 19, 2014 12:44 PM
Apr 2014
Lyrisia said:
That scene with Miyuki and Tatsuya was a bit weird... really incest feels... and self repair spell? is having that considered normal? oO
Well tatsuya is not quite normal xD
Apr 19, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2010
Yup quite satisfied myself with this adaption. They didn't cut back on the necessary explanations and the fighting was top-notch.

And for Tatsuya - kinda starting to see him as comparible to Accelerator. Not on terms of personality or his absolute power level, but in him acceling in analyzing and difficult on-the-fly-calculations.
Apr 19, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
That incest was delicious

Otherwise, a mediocre episode as always. I still hate the main character although he was somewhat badass in the fighting scene.
Apr 19, 2014 12:52 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
god.. this anime is epic so far.. badass protagonist, hidden powers, some incest
Apr 19, 2014 12:54 PM
Sep 2012
So can someone explain what happened with that "prank"? I thought he was gonna restore from a backup and have his memories erased or something when that scene happened o_O
Apr 19, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
vaikepois said:
god.. this anime is epic so far.. badass protagonist, hidden powers, some incest

Just so i know, LN/Manga-reader or anime-only?
Apr 19, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
1. Miyuki making her advances on tatsuya was super hawt

2. That technical words thru me off. For a show like this, it's worth looking up

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 19, 2014 1:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The MC is so overpowered that it kind of removes the possible tension from any encounter. He's so far above everyone else that I do hope at some point there is something that presents a challenge to him.

I get the feeling that Miyuki will be very jealous throughout the course of this series. Her bro is going to be a serious girl magnet
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2014 1:15 PM
Apr 2014
Lets ignore the incest stuff for now since it's too obvious at this point. I don't know If I've seen a duller anime story ever.

Also, super level headed and calm MC who goes out of his way to make scenes and show off his powers when he clearly said he was supposed to be flying under the radar.
Apr 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Damn this episode went by fast...
Tatsuya pwning dem noobs 5/5
Apr 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
Lol that fight at the ending. It just shows us how overpowered Tatsuya is xD
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 19, 2014 1:27 PM
Mar 2014
"Oh my. . .", is all I got to say. . .
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Apr 19, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2011
27CansOfTuna said:
gamer2710 said:
Why the hell would you end the episode in the middle of a fast-paced fight?

middle of a fast paced fight? It seemed more like a slaughter.

Naah, wouldnt call that a slaughter .All Tatsuya did was dodging and pushed one guy gently to other direction.
Apr 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
This show is only interesting when his creepy incestuous sister is 300 miles away from getting screentime. If you could just totally delete her from the show, this'd be closer to a 7/10 than a 3/10, even if the MC is a really boring convoluted "too good for the system" trope.
Apr 19, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode.

Tatsuya owned those kendo members so badass and let's hope those kendo members will learn their lessons after that.
Apr 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
Onbuu said:
27CansOfTuna said:
gamer2710 said:
Why the hell would you end the episode in the middle of a fast-paced fight?

middle of a fast paced fight? It seemed more like a slaughter.

Naah, wouldnt call that a slaughter .All Tatsuya did was dodging and pushed one guy gently to other direction.

pretty sure its Judo skills...
Apr 19, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
That's some boring shit. Freaking school life. You can't come up with something more boring for a story
Apr 19, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. I'm glad they explain what on earth just happen but I feel like he is still hiding something. A little annoying the episode keeps ending right when I want more though. :(
Apr 19, 2014 1:52 PM
Jan 2014
Well, at least it's finally past the introduction stage and we can get going with an actual plot.
Apr 19, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Ok episode, I didn't particularly like it or dislike it. Did Tatsuya lose his memory of what happened when Miyuki did whatever she did to him? It looked like he was reset or something...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 19, 2014 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
Marzan said:
The MC is so overpowered that it kind of removes the possible tension from any encounter. He's so far above everyone else that I do hope at some point there is something that presents a challenge to him.

I get the feeling that Miyuki will be very jealous throughout the course of this series. Her bro is going to be a serious girl magnet

Remember the guy with the red like uniform aiming a gun at Tatsuya while Tatsuya does the same to him? He's probably going to be Tatsuya's rival throughout the anime

Lmao, this anime explained how it lets the elites if magic within their school. There should be a good number of people who would give Tatsuya a hard time man.. :/
Apr 19, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
geralt said:
Ok episode, I didn't particularly like it or dislike it. Did Tatsuya lose his memory of what happened when Miyuki did whatever she did to him? It looked like he was reset or something...

No it was just a prank by Miyuki, because she knew nothing bad would happen to him if she did that.
Apr 19, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2013
Lefty112 said:
geralt said:

No it was just a prank by Miyuki, because she knew nothing bad would happen to him if she did that.

Yandara moment right there =X
Apr 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
Tatsuya is OP! Holy bananas!!!

I love this anime :)
Apr 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Nice ep.

More explanation. Dat Miyuki/Tatsuya scene. Tatsuya is so OP and badass. Cliffhanger ending.

Onii-sama count:

Ep 1: 26
Ep 2: 5
Ep 3: 6
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 19, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta always end with a cliff hanger...
Enjoyed this episode. Looking forward to next week.
Apr 19, 2014 2:19 PM
Apr 2012
physics fag reporting in, thats not how compounding waves work

and its called constructive interference

http://h2physics.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/2wavesinterference.jpg
Apr 19, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2011
kidax said:

Yeah, I had to chuckle. But whatever, pretend you know nothing. If actual stuff worked in anime, characters would die from internal bleeding. :P

And, I love the action! I like that the MC has joined the committee and will be showing off his skills to the Course 1 students. The action at the end was really nice too. Gogogo!

Infodump was okay, I understood it in a general sense. Basically our MC is an expert in one of the aspects of magic that is not emphasized in usage or by tests. So he's OP in a different way from the others. ^^
Apr 19, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
I like seeing a healthy dose of incest! :D
Apr 19, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2014
Tatsuya: "I did say, 'for the improper use of magic.'"

Dance starts
Apr 19, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
Shiba is pretty much OP. Especially with the self-repaired magic.
Miyuki is as annoying as always. She seriously have brother complex.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
I really don't get it why some of you are going like "Tatsuya is this! Tatsuya is that!" for his gym show. I mean they did show in episode 1 that he was taking on 7-8 ninjitsu practitioners all by himself.

Anyways, the minus of this episode was Miyuki and her brocon. The plus of this episode Mibu from the kendo team, unfortunately I know she isn't an important character.

The anime is interesting at least.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 19, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2010
kidax said:

Just ignore it, the whole explanation for the fight was hilarious.

How did you move so fast?
That's 'cause he is learning ninjutsu with this famous sensei...

But how did you knock him out so easily?
It's thanks to this CAD built by this famous engineer... and compound waves

Compound waves?? How on earth..
I have super calculation skills, by the way, your method to determine magic skills sucks...

If he ends up having a harem he will say that Keima Katsuragi gave him some tips, also for the delight of the girls he probably might be able to summon Mara. Still, not OP.

Apr 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2013
Gotta love your OP Alpha Gary Stu character :)
Miyuki be jealous though...
Apr 19, 2014 3:07 PM
Feb 2014
My first time following a currently airing series and it felt like torture waiting for this episode, so i read the LN! :P (in other words, I know what happens in the LN, at least in the first 2 vols thus far... -_-)

Anyways, regarding this episode, they covered quite a lot of material frm the LN n it seemed to b moving alon pretty fast, which in some ways was good cos the first 2 episodes felt like they dragged on a bit, so this is the best episode, imo

But, like some others have mentioned, they'e cut out quite some scenes n lines tho. While some of these parts were not necessary, agn, like some others mentioned, one or two parts couldve easily been added...

When it came to explanations n how magic works, I can understand why some ppl wud b a little confused.Even after reading the LN, i still feel a little confused

Which makes me want to point out the fact that watching the anime actually helped me understand the mechanics of some of the magic... they animatsd the analysis of the morisaki vs tatsuya fight scene pretty well, and I believe watchin that alone was sufficient in explaining how tatsuya's magic works...

Btw, after watching this episode, i have this feeling Madhouse is focussing more on entertainment... as in, rather than bore everyone with the workings behind magic, which is difficult to understand even in the LN (or maybe i'm stupid...), they'd rather move the story along... i mean, it's not like as if not fully comprehending how the magic works will make me wanna drop the show... jus my opinion
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Apr 19, 2014 3:21 PM

May 2013
I love this show oO I wasn`t sure if this will be a crap "Onii-chan I love you" story again, which was the reason why i never touched the manga but oh man what did i miss all this time! Tatsuya is such a BA and hasn`t got this totaly overused "Shonen-Personality" and is calm, which makes him a really comfortable Protagonist. I will read the LNs once I have time (already all of them on my Phone Baka-Tsuki app ftw!) as I already read in the wiki how awesome the series gets. I know SnK and SAO were really hyped, I was one of those that said they were overhyped and not as good as they seemed, but this Anime really caught my eyes, the Story is far better because everything gets explained and makes sense in a Way.
PS: That is my own opinion and no one elses, if you don`t think the same way be free to comment in a good way, if not and you comment with "SnK is the best Anime!! or SAO" pls get the fuck off and don´t even try to reply :D
Apr 19, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
Clive said:
kidax said:

Just ignore it, the whole explanation for the fight was hilarious.

How did you move so fast?
That's 'cause he is learning ninjutsu with this famous sensei...

But how did you knock him out so easily?
It's thanks to this CAD built by this famous engineer... and compound waves

Compound waves?? How on earth..
I have super calculation skills, by the way, your method to determine magic skills sucks...

If he ends up having a harem he will say that Keima Katsuragi gave him some tips, also for the delight of the girls he probably might be able to summon Mara. Still, not OP.

Oh God it was so hilarious I was laughing at the whole explanation. By the way I'm surprised most of the people were ok with the incest part. Seriously that whole part was so uncomfortable I had to skip it.
Apr 19, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Lol'ed at Azusa - Silver Horn made by Silver Taurus.
Miyuki's body :D
We meet Sawaki and Tatsumi from the Disciplinary Committee.. and Morisaki has been recommended for a spot in the committee too :o
Plenty of hostility from Morisaki towards Tatsuya.
Aww, just stops part way through Tatsuya owning them :(
Tsukasa is interested :p
nice episode.
Apr 19, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2014
I'm a little lost on Tatsuya's... "reboot" sequence.
Is it a mystery to be explained in a later episode? Not asking for any spoilers from persons who have read the manga, just want to know if I missed something in previous episodes or not.
Apr 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
Tatsuya finally joins the Disciplinary Committee and is accepted by two members.
Miyuki really was daring back there with her prank and all.
It seems Tatsuya proves once again just how smart and powerful he is in his battle against the kenjutsu club.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 19, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
JaceG13 said:
I'm a little lost on Tatsuya's... "reboot" sequence.
Is it a mystery to be explained in a later episode? Not asking for any spoilers from persons who have read the manga, just want to know if I missed something in previous episodes or not.

It is something that should be explained later. So no you haven't missed anything yet.
Apr 19, 2014 3:39 PM
Apr 2013
It was fine and all. Still not wow'd by this anime but it is good enough to continue watching.
Apr 19, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
Curbstomp battles are nice, aren't they?
Except not at fucking all.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.