Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2014 3:04 AM

Aug 2013
Damn <3 Great fun stuff; this might as well go to my fav lists.
AOTS for sure.
Apr 17, 2014 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
This shit is so intense and hilarious.
I need more.
Apr 17, 2014 3:31 AM

Feb 2014
this definitely going to be one of my top animes for this season, hilarious and BA at the same time.
I laughed so much and at the same time I liked how crafty the way he won the rock-paper-scissor and I like to see more of these smart scenes.
overall, I love this show !

and a major cheer for the "Steph-a-scope" and to "Wryyyyyyyy" , hilarious xD
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 17, 2014 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
nice nice nice to be continued i hope !!!!
Apr 17, 2014 3:40 AM
Mar 2014
Shiro was adorable, Steph was funny and Sora...he's a god XD I adore him
Apr 17, 2014 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
So much fun with these episode. So cute ♥♥

- barely alive -
Apr 17, 2014 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
LOL

This was so funny xD
Better than the LN xD

Apr 17, 2014 4:25 AM

Mar 2008
Maybe i'm just jaded but it feels as if the show is trying too hard to make weak jokes funny. Apart from that, I'm interested to see where this goes.
Apr 17, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
Stephanie was pretty hilarious banging her head against the wall. Can't wait to see more
Apr 17, 2014 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
I hope they start introducing some intense games
Apr 17, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2010
I am still not fond of the MC. So he is going to win every game out there with the same "I-know-everything-I-am-supreme-being" attitude? I like the imouto more, unlike him, she hasn't that cocky attitude.

The princess and imouto both are great xD Lol, they both break without each other. The princess rocks!

Exceed here are totally different, huh (Talking about Fairy Tail's exceeds) Learning a new language in what- 1 hour? Yeah, yeah, try more to convince me. I still don't like the whole portrayal of genius people in this. Other than that, this episode was great. I really like Steph... Shiro too, a bit I guess.

For now, Steph has managed to make this show great, it's a bit like how I wanted it to be now. Really like the ED
Apr 17, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
Ckan said:
Maybe i'm just jaded but it feels as if the show is trying too hard to make weak jokes funny. Apart from that, I'm interested to see where this goes.

Naw, I felt the a majority of the humor in the first half tried too hard as well. I smirked, but that was it.

Who would've thought rock paper scissors would be so complex it needed nearly 5 minutes of contemplation?

Dat Doraemon face when he was trying to get nudes of Stephanie. I like how he said he can't catch his sister on camera because it will be considered CP.

Fanservice scenes were animated nicely...again, can't wait for doujinshi.

Now we're getting some background about the location they're in. Are the people they're interacting with avatars or NPCs in game?

3/5
NotchrishansenApr 17, 2014 5:10 AM
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 17, 2014 5:04 AM

Mar 2010
DAT Jojo reference... :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
Well this going to be the anime I define my viewing week by then.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Apr 17, 2014 5:10 AM

Oct 2013
i wonder if he will become the king, also didnt quite get that thing with the dress. was the 'bad' character trying to get get the pink haired chick to take it back when she shouldn't have or something?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 17, 2014 5:51 AM

Jul 2013
Ckan said:

I thought I was the only who thought the jokes are lame and the part where the siblings were shaken after being separated & Sora running towards Shiro was cringe worthy. At least Steph's action was amusing thanks to Yoko Hikasa's BRILLIANT voice acting.. man, I really love her XD

Still waiting for an interesting game where the opponent isn't some dumb bitch that's easily tricked like that lady from the 1st episode and the gullible Steph. Hopefully that Kurumi girl can provide an equal challenge in an innovative game that's not old-school janken or some typical card games. God forbid the cheating aspect is emphasized.
MoeGodApr 17, 2014 5:58 AM
Apr 17, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Ineptia said:
His demand was "fall in love with me?" Something so transient and vague was somehow made into an absolute, but I suppose that is the power of being the main character.

Also, he's the one who suggested to play a game so why was he allowed to make the rules, or did she just randomly forfeit that right, including the conditions for winning and losing? But the real problem with the game to me was the implicit understanding that she would take the bluff seriously, when it wasn't a "rule" for him to play paper.
I don't understand this part too. Did he really made the rule or Steph was just forced to accept the rule because she is dumb? It makes sense that he didn't follow the him using only paper rule because the challenged player was only the one that can decide the rules from what I can remember...

It's very simple. The challenger can change the rules if he/she wants to, but Steph was so convinced about everything, she accepted the rules that Sora brought up.
Apr 17, 2014 6:39 AM
Apr 2014
I like the bond of the siblings.
And their communication disorder just makes them inseparable xD

The thing I didn't get about this episode was the rules on the scissors paper stone game.
Sora was suppose to have only put paper but then he put rock. Doesn't that mean he lost? So confusing! ==
Apr 17, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2009
We need someone to make a GIF of all her headbanging scenes. Separated, and then compiled into one long GIF.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 17, 2014 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
hands down anime of the season confirmed, loving it.
Apr 17, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2010
rotten_girl said:
I like the bond of the siblings.
And their communication disorder just makes them inseparable xD

The thing I didn't get about this episode was the rules on the scissors paper stone game.
Sora was suppose to have only put paper but then he put rock. Doesn't that mean he lost? So confusing! ==

Welcome to sora's mindgames. He only said he'd only play paper. It wasn't included in the rules, so he could play whatever he wanted. I'd go so far as to say that Steph had lost before the game even started (she let him lead her from the get-go). Normal RPS games may be about luck, but the way he played with her, luck had NOTHING to do with it.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 17, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2008
Sora will win!! :D all the species can bring it on :D
Apr 17, 2014 8:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well this anime is just amazing in every way lol, so cute, so funny, such great concept :3
Apr 17, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
Steph vision was awesome XD
Apr 17, 2014 9:03 AM

May 2013
am so glad that i pick this show up

just one word to describe this show AWSOME

5/5
Apr 17, 2014 9:10 AM
Feb 2014
GreenDrag said:

Only things that are possible can become reality. In the LN, there's a part, where, in order to be able to go in to the baths with the girls, without any issues, Sora bets, that if he wins (or loses, IDR), he'll turn into a girl, which doesn't happen.

Don't forget about the one way ticket ;-)

But ye it must be possible to accomplish/become reality but how far that rule goes remains to be seen. ^^
Apr 17, 2014 9:10 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Stephanie is annoying so far. And for some reason, Sora reminds me sorta of Okabe from Steins;Gate.

Anyway I wasn't impressed by the jokes, let's see how intense these games will be.
Apr 17, 2014 9:13 AM
Sep 2008
what is this?

some light game theory i see?
Apr 17, 2014 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
I don't really understand the table but this ep was really hilarious.

The super gorgeous sora...
Apr 17, 2014 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
Lovin this adaptation already. Lookin forward to epic chess game next ep.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Apr 17, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2010
Well that was.. Some unexpected characterization. Sora is still badass but damn did not expect that to be his personality.

I don't know why, but the fact he actually took the chance to grab her boobs just raises his character to me. Almost every single anime character ever plays the whole "omg sorry it was an accident please don't hit meeee ;__:" But instead he took the opportunity for what it was and didn't cry about how he didn't mean to do it. That's the best way I can explain it, but I guess I just like the way they stuck to character.

AND how he avoided the slap. yes. Just yes thank you. He makes me actually like Steph, since she seems like the character who might go overboard if he was a more submissive character.

SO FAR I'm still giving this anime a ten. It's pretty, interesting, has good characters, is funny, well animated, a little dark, and isn't TOO ecchi.
Apr 17, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
Robbini said:
We need someone to make a GIF of all her headbanging scenes. Separated, and then compiled into one long GIF.

PLS PM me that when you make it. Pretty please :)
Apr 17, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
Wow! Next episode delivers! A LOT!

I guess there is more to rock-paper-scissors than just the rock, the paper and the scissors and whatever goes in-between.
Once again, Shiro never ceases to look so cute!
Poor Sora. He is so deprived! Someone give him love, care and attention!

I never knew how effective the pledges were until that moment.
Maybe...a little too effective.
It kind of creeped me out every time her brain fantasized Sora.

So, they finally found their purpose.
TO BECOME THE KING OF THE WORLD!
Just kidding...maybe.

Anyway, DEFINITELY going to see the next episode!
Apr 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
DAT steph scope
Apr 17, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
rly liked it loads of fun on this episode can't wait for him to defeat the other girl
dat doraemon xD
Apr 17, 2014 11:42 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Steph scope is best

I really hope he was just tapping "buttons" on his phone...
yeah.
Funny episode, still enjoying the colors and the new character is pretty funny.
More Steph pls
Apr 17, 2014 12:06 PM
Jan 2013
This or Black Bullet? Both are just so awesome to nominate for best anime 2014, course onl y 2 episdoes have passed. I love 2014!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
You can't get more badass than over-complicating rock-paper-scissors to where it's a 5 in 9 chance you will lose and still "win" through mind-raping. Step down, Yugi, we have a new King of Games
Looks like the ten pledges are going to be a pretty integral part of the story. And when there's a finite set of rules, there'll always be some kind of loophole in the system. It's going to be fun seeing how these loopholes are exploited. And for once, we actually get an MC that doesn't doesn't give a shit about playing fair and thus probably be the one exploiting these the most, which is going to make this all the more entertaining!!
Apr 17, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2012
Dat JoJo refrence was awesome!

Really cute and funny episode.
Apr 17, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
The fantasies! I love them! This episode was so enjoyable with plenty of character development.

I was getting jealous at Sora for rubbing Shiro's head... lucky Sora.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 17, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
Best anime of the season.
Apr 17, 2014 3:41 PM
May 2013
I'm enjoying this anime too much, which scares me because its only the second episode which leaves plenty of room for this show to fuck up.
Apr 17, 2014 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
So far, this is the greatest anime ever made.

Please. Just PLEASE don't fuck it up in later episodes.
Apr 17, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Lol'ed at the Doraemon reference^^

Quite the funny ep, in constrast to the first ep.

Looks like the show is very hyped. Still, I like the show so far, let's hope the series stays interesting and doesn't turn shitty like Sword Art Online.
Apr 17, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
Wow world building episode was amazing. Very interesting.
Apr 17, 2014 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
elior1 said:
this was great episode the rock paper scissors with Steph was entertaining and i glad the perverted jokes very brief and don't affect much the plot

I completely agree
Apr 17, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2013
Best siblings in anime
these 2 are too funny
__
kirbymaster101 said:
This or Black Bullet? Both are just so awesome to nominate for best anime 2014, course onl y 2 episodes have passed. I love 2014!
I agree this and BB are the best so far
Apr 17, 2014 5:51 PM

Nov 2013
"That's how you two act when you're apart?!"

Omg I died XD I died so many times this episode. They were so beautifully over dramatic. This just took over as my favorite series this season.

And woo, a plot!

Thank you for a job well done Mr. Steam.
Apr 17, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
I'm really loving this anime. Sora's got his badass scenes with idiot moments, and Shiro's adorable.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.