Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
dedeogbe said:
portgas123 said:
Dropped. Just another reminder that if there's a moe/loli blobs in an anime it's automatically shit. And if you enjoy this stuff then you are the problem people ashamed of watching anime.

1. Do we care?

Apparently, because this is the third response to it. These comments are guaranteed to show up in series laden with fanservice. It comes with the territory.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Apr 16, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
The way Sora managed to control the way Steph thought he would act during their game was really great lol.
Steph now sees Sora as the most handsome man alive XD.
It looks like Shiro believed what Sora told her about the "i only need you" thing.
The moment when the two were separated for a bit was really funny. It seems the two can't be apart for more than a certain distance, this could prove to a weakness that could be exploited.
I hope Sora and Shiro will win the game and become the king/queen, while taking Steph's dress back of course.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 16, 2014 2:26 PM
Jan 2011
Oh looks like there's a brocon, siscon going on between Sora and Shiro, unfortunately, in Sora has forgotten about it.
Apr 16, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
Whoa, this was incredibly hard to finish...
It got bearable in the 2nd half though.
MomonoApr 16, 2014 3:04 PM
Apr 16, 2014 2:33 PM
Apr 2013
I am not one to enjoy comedy but that was really funny. I am really enjoying this episode. I wonder if the ultimate game will be against Shiro and the God to give Imanity magic powers.
Apr 16, 2014 2:34 PM
Oct 2011
Nasty001 said:
Oh looks like there's a brocon, siscon going on between Sora and Shiro, unfortunately, in Sora has forgotten about it.
Which make me glad that the show is not going in the shitty incest road.

A good 2nd episode. Really like how the world seems so far, and the plot is not half bad so hopefully things will improve from here on. And just like the first episode, them visuals..

And of course, that JoJo reference. Priceless.
Apr 16, 2014 2:40 PM
Feb 2013
Ineptia said:
dedeogbe said:
portgas123 said:
Dropped. Just another reminder that if there's a moe/loli blobs in an anime it's automatically shit. And if you enjoy this stuff then you are the problem people ashamed of watching anime.

1. Do we care?

Apparently, because this is the third response to it. These comments are guaranteed to show up in series laden with fanservice. It comes with the territory.

i know... doesn't make it less annoying though when these people act like it will have any real effect on the series if they decide to drop it.
Apr 16, 2014 2:41 PM
Jan 2013
FALL IN LOVE WITH ME *screaming while making a epic pose*
Apr 16, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2010
DIO possesed Steph for a second there.Lol'd - WRYYYYYY!
This is really fun to watch tbh.At least when you dont take everything in a super serious way.

Oh also, am i the only one who experiences alot of blurry pixels on my monitor when theres alot of action going on in episode? i tought that it was only the case with 1st episode, but its happening with this one as well...
incompleteAEGISApr 16, 2014 2:58 PM
Apr 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Find it hillarious how shes against romancing him, then every so often dreams of it.

I look forward in seeing how this shapes up given he'll likely get the kingship next.
Apr 16, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Lol, Sora and Shiro spaz out when they're not in the same room.
Apr 16, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
That was awesome
Sora was scared wen he tears apart with shiro lol
Shiro and steph were so cute
Look forward to next ep XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
Ah everyone have to try the trick that sora use with steph XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Sora is going to be the next king, awesome.

Great episode!!!
Apr 16, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
A really great show. Liked every part of
it, even the fan service was OK... n__n
Apr 16, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Also, totally forgot, that I'm missing the Director IN the series... Something, that could have made a few things funnier... well, I shall hope, that she makes an appearance later on...
Apr 16, 2014 3:34 PM
Dec 2012
"Fall in love with me! " Definitely the sentence of this episode.

The ending song that focused on Shiro, so Kawai.

I got everything I expected from episode 2!
(Now I will have to kill time with other anime until the next episode is aired and subbed.)

GJ Madhouse!
gamer5Apr 16, 2014 3:43 PM
Apr 16, 2014 3:36 PM
Mar 2013
Wow that was a great episode, I love it so much haha! I thought I wouldn't enjoy it as much because of the incest but there appears to be none of that, just sibling power. SHIrO IS THE CUTEST LIL SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN. By the end of this series, she'll probably pop up in my favorites haha. If Tet ever appears again, I'm pretty sure I'll be shipping Tet and Shiro together teehee
Apr 16, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2013
portgas123 said:

Are you kidding
There is ECCHI genre
And one more thing if you was guy I really fell sorry about your wife(if there is one or will be)
Apr 16, 2014 3:47 PM

Dec 2013
Totally worth the wait but I'm a little sad that I get to watch only 20 minutes a week. Sora looking cool as always, I want to see him owning the locals of that world.
Apr 16, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
"If I play anything besides paper, I lose"
random ramblings...
plays rock
he wins
what????
Apr 16, 2014 4:00 PM

Mar 2014
dalollypop said:
random ramblings...
plays rock
he wins
what????

He didn't win. He tied with her because he lost by not using paper yet won by beating scissors using rock therefore it becomes a draw and the condition of the tie is the same as his winning condition (so he pretty much won) which is why he gave her an advantage in order to cover it up.

Jun 2008
dalollypop said:
random ramblings...
plays rock
he wins
what????

He didn't win. He tied. However, due to the bets they made it mattered little, because when it came down to it, Sora's "little request" and absolute obedience were pretty much the same (though he did muck it up a bit at the end...)

EDIT - Wow... beaten by 2 seconds...

Feb 2010
WRRRYYYYY
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 16, 2014 4:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
BeatOfRebirth96 said:
The JoJo reference just made my day.

It was the only thing that made me chuckle in the entire episode.
It's a sad thing that most people didn't even get that or the Doraemon reference, especially since Stardust Crusaders is airing right now as well.

I haven't watched JoJo yet, but dang how could I miss the Doraemon reference D: just watched it again and found it though, that was pretty cute lol.
Apr 16, 2014 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
i thought he was going for the heads i win, tails you lose thing
added some comedy which is nice
This looks like it will be an entertaining series.
I only read books i have already read
Apr 16, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Really like the visual style. Interesting game mechanics.
Apr 16, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
«That's yours
At least for now»

EPICNESS EVERYWHERE!
Everyone with Matsuoka Yoshitsugu's voice is fucking epic!!!!!!!!

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT DIDN'T FIND ANY REFERENCES, EVEN THOUGH I'VE WATCHED JOJO AND DORAEMON?
Apr 16, 2014 4:14 PM
Feb 2009
enjoying this series so far
Apr 16, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
bigzzcobzz said:
AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT DIDN'T FIND ANY REFERENCES, EVEN THOUGH I'VE WATCHED JOJO AND DORAEMON?
Eh, i didnt even watch Doraemon yet i easily found the reference, lol.
incompleteAEGISApr 16, 2014 5:01 PM
Apr 16, 2014 4:18 PM
Jan 2014
I have to remind myself to watch this last on Wednesdays, cause I don't feel like watching anything else after watching No Game No Life.

I can'r get over how the art is sooo nice, it's like really good fan art all the time with the complexity of some of the graphics with the palette of neon colours that isn't over the top. And it balances shape and space so well that you aren't overwhelmed or lulled.
Apr 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode this week! D:
Not only was there a fair share of fan service, but we also got to see a cool duel of Rock-Paper-Scissors. xD

So...Shiro and Sora can't be separated from a certain distant? o-o Whoa, sounds serious. xD Poor Shiro....I felt bad for her when she got separated from Sora! D:

Steph also has a nice body.... x3 Those breasts, that outfit around the beginning! D:

Nice episode, next episode looks really epic! Card game anybody? :3
Apr 16, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2013
Amazing! It's ON!!!!!!!!!
At the end, Steph got up and followed Sora and Shiro, it was cute the way she did it lol!

Mills said:
Loved the comedy in this episode. The way Sora and Shiro were acting when they got separated from each other was hilarious.

+1
Apr 16, 2014 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
WRRRRRRRRRRY. LOL.

Sexual assault aside, headbashing is hype worthy. Although the relationship between the siblings is awkwardly close, it's hilarious. The episode made me laugh and I enjoyed it more than the first episode. MC turns out to not be some super badass after all, and his comment about not being able to go after his eleven year old sister was gold.

Overall I enjoyed this much more than the first episode!
MirorinApr 16, 2014 4:47 PM
Apr 16, 2014 4:58 PM
Feb 2014
-MgZ_ said:
So good... Every Anime that has a good MC will always be good. When will the others learn?!

Dat mind games janken...

The ecchi in this series is good. Not too excessive.

Steph is hot, glad that hiyocchi is voicing her.

Mr.Steam why do you even exist?

A badass and hilarious episode overall. Can't wait for the next episode.
Ineptia said:
His demand was "fall in love with me?" Something so transient and vague was somehow made into an absolute, but I suppose that is the power of being the main character.

Also, he's the one who suggested to play a game so why was he allowed to make the rules, or did she just randomly forfeit that right, including the conditions for winning and losing? But the real problem with the game to me was the implicit understanding that she would take the bluff seriously, when it wasn't a "rule" for him to play paper.

I don't understand this part too. Did he really made the rule or Steph was just forced to accept the rule because she is dumb? It makes sense that he didn't follow the him using only paper rule because the challenged player was only the one that can decide the rules from what I can remember...

In this world everything you bet on becomes reality, so the moment he said that Steph should fall in love with him, she literally did that; even against her own will. The stephascope-vision was there to show this. The moment she would think something like "I don't like/love him at all" that vision would spring into action and change her way of thinking until she got control back ;-)

Although for the people who watched closer, they already saw the major flaw Sora didn't realize while stating his condition for Steph ;-)
Apr 16, 2014 4:59 PM
Jan 2012
This show is everything I wanted it to be and more.
Apr 16, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
God I love Sora and Shiro so much it's ridiculous. It was nice to see how they were "working" apart from each other though it raises the question how they were even able to cope in the past, when Sora had to go to school and stuff? Or did it get worse when they got older and more aware of their surroundings? Or perhaps they've been shut in for years and years haha. I hope they'll explain/delve deeper into it later in the serie.

I actually laughed quite a few times which I didn't expect, a really nice surprise. The pace felt a little slow but that's because it's an explanation/build up episode, I can't wait to see Sora (and Shiro?) beat that arrogant cheating girl.

Oh god we have to wait a week for the next episode OTL
Apr 16, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
This show is surprisingly good, loving it so far
Apr 16, 2014 5:14 PM
Oct 2012
Animefanx3 said:
God I love Sora and Shiro so much it's ridiculous. It was nice to see how they were "working" apart from each other though it raises the question how they were even able to cope in the past, when Sora had to go to school and stuff?

She wasn't going to school at 11, and this is still mandatory education time in Japan, so I doubt she ever went to school and vice versa.

If they ever do cover that, which I doubt they will, my guess is that they were rich enough to enroll in a private school with the understanding they never had to show up. Given that they are super geniuses (Shiro can speak 18 languages and their old forms (which in Japanese and Chinese isn't easy)), they were probably able to parlay their intelligence into some sort of arrangement where the school benefits from their test scores/intelligence (sort of like Rika in Haganai).

Have to say the two have the healthiest unhealthy relationship I have seen in a while.
Apr 16, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
At first I thought this anime was going to be kind of generic but wow was I pleasantly surprised! Was laughing straight for a good 4-5 minutes and my god the separation scene was brilliant. Can not wait to watch more of this.
Apr 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
There are actually a lot of references in this episode. xDD Even the preview.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 16, 2014 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was pretty funny. I lol that Sora asked a favor about Steph to fall in love with him.

Steph's "Stephascope" were so hilarious.
Apr 16, 2014 5:52 PM
Oct 2010
I laughed at the apology part. I just don't understand why the little sister has to be included in the fanservice thing.. who is this supposed to appeal to? Pedophiles? I mean, they even make a joke about it during the show, but the fact is it's still there....
Apr 16, 2014 6:02 PM
Mar 2014
i was expecting anything that happened and lol when sora and shiro started freaking out
Apr 16, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
Good ep! Seems like the show might be better than I expected. I really like the characters so far. The Rock Paper Scissors was really intense. Love that they completely change when separated from acting all badass to falling to pieces in fear. And that wrrryyy. and that Stephascope. So the rules made by God can apparently even make someone fall in love? weird. she was so into that groping. cant wait to see them become king!
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Apr 16, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I love this show! I sure hope it gets a second season, because if anything deserves a second season it's a show this good.
Apr 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
Giving this one more episode before I'm just going to drop it I guess. I like the game aspect but I'm not interested in sitting the through awful comedy in each episode to see the one aspect that I like about this series. Jojo reference was actually funny to see though.
Apr 16, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
Based on the comments here in the thread, I'm not enjoying this as much as I should. I didn't even laugh once. Smiled a bit when I saw the Jojo reference but that's about it. Hopefully it gets more interesting in the coming episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 16, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
The comedy in the first bit was kind of killing it. Was almost thinking if this what this anime is going to be all about I'll drop it. But luckily it got back to its more serious self so can't wait till next episode.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Apr 16, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
So Pledges that must be upheld by the loser are they forced by magic of the world to abide by them or simply have to follow em on their own because i couldn't tell if Steph was just stupid with her Stephascope lol or being forced to hence her trying to fight it with constant wall banging :P

All and all second half was way better did like the JoJo reference
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.