Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuzu already showing her deck style in the second episode. That was fast. Still, I wasn't a fan of her deck. Still, her care for the MC is something.
Apr 14, 2014 4:50 AM
Feb 2014
I really hated the whole "I don't remember how I did this" thing, kinda wanted Yuya to be more like Yugi or Yusei (even with his 18 lose record).
It was good episode regardless, hope it gets better.
Apr 16, 2014 3:45 AM
Jan 2014
Enjoyed the series so far, mainly watching it for nostalgia though.
I hope that it gets a little more serious in the future.
Apr 16, 2014 10:17 AM
Mar 2013
Am I missing something or has this not been subbed yet? And if it hasn't then why not? It's been a few days.
Apr 16, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
notanonymous said:
Am I missing something or has this not been subbed yet? And if it hasn't then why not? It's been a few days.

We need to be patient. Something like Yu-Gi-Oh, unfortunately, is not a high priority for subbers.
My signature is lame...
Apr 17, 2014 5:05 AM
Mar 2013
Oh okay. I'll keep that in mind then.
Apr 18, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
So.. was anyone else surprised when Yuya actually beat the champion?
My signature is lame...
Apr 18, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2013
Of course the pendulum summon failed. He was trying to summon lv 2 monsters when his pendulum scale was 4 and 8. This was a good episode.
Apr 18, 2014 11:54 PM
Mar 2012
I'd also think Yuya was cheating too if I saw a new method of summoning monsters. Admittedly, I was surprised when pendulum summoning was announced for the real life game.
Apr 19, 2014 3:46 AM

Oct 2013
Nice episode,Yuya doesn't seem to get Pendulum Summoning yet and now theres are group after his pendulum cards.

I kinda lol'd at the "High rate of Summoning" scene,so I guess summoning a bunch of monsters in one turn can get you in trouble.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Apr 19, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2011
So he needs a monster 1 and 8 to be able to summon He can then summon monsters between lvl 2-7. Since Odd Eyes Dragon Lvl 7 monster. The others were in between. All he need is Chromancy Magician and Astromancy Magician to Pendulum summon again.
Apr 19, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2009
He needs to read what the cards' effects do before playing them. Anyway, I'm sure that this is part of the grand scheme. I hope that Konami can improve on Pendulum summoning like they did for synchro and xyz. I wonder what is the plot for the show. Who's the antagonist? Will Yuya be saving the world with pendulum summon? I sure hope that the plot won't be something like "limiting the amount of monsters a player can summon per turn".
Apr 20, 2014 2:15 AM

Mar 2012
You can see that the flavor text for Pendulum card is different from regular card.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2008
Nice episode!
He didn't remember the finale of his duel with the champ? Seems like there's something mysterious going on with Yuya and the new Pendulum cards. Funny how he didn't figure out how to do it for a second time.

I wonder why that new "Kaiba" is so interested in the Pendulum cards and why he wants to steal them.
Apr 20, 2014 6:30 AM
Apr 2013
I personally like the Deva deck but I am not a fan of this whole circus deck thing the MC uses which sucks for me. The show is Ok but i think I just will fastforward to the duels because I don't expect much from the plot. But i didn't like 5D's at first either so I have some faith.
Apr 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was really fun and another great Arc-V epsiode!

So we already have a "Kaiba" and a potential "Marik", huh?
Apr 21, 2014 4:28 PM
Aug 2010
You got to wonder about the characters' reaction to Yuya's father being missing for 3 years. Instead of thinking he was kidnapped or killed, they think he ran away. Who would be so afraid of losing a dual that they would disappear off the face of the earth?
Apr 21, 2014 8:41 PM
Nov 2013
This new Pendulum summon is rather overpowered.
Apr 22, 2014 2:20 AM

May 2013
Seriously, I don't have anything against the main character or his deck or his magically unknown summoning method (because who programs the rules of this? they have to be put in somewhere if the game should show an error if somebody cheats) but Action Dueling and Solid Vision is just such stupid garbage... running around the field and picking up magic cards that can be played on the turn of your opponent for some unknown reason.

I'd rather have the main character draw the right card at the right time for him to save himself instead of him riding around the playing field on a hippo and getting the exactly right magic card at the right time without even looking at it first. It's like putting the deus ex machina directly into plain sight but that doesn't make it better, it makes it even less believeable that there is any kind of skill involved other than being the main character.

Even the duels on motorcycles were better than this, stop trying to add extra bullshit around the actual game and if you have to, add something that makes sense and is actually interesting and fun to watch. If you can't come up with something good, don't add anything at all.

While watching these duels I always have to think of the abrieged movie with Yugi and Yusei: "We just gonna stand with our feet planted firmly on the ground..."
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Apr 22, 2014 9:16 AM

Feb 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
So he needs a monster 1 and 8 to be able to summon He can then summon monsters between lvl 2-7. Since Odd Eyes Dragon Lvl 7 monster. The others were in between. All he need is Chromancy Magician and Astromancy Magician to Pendulum summon again.

Nope that is wrong. Odd eyes' Pendulum scale is 4 and the magicians' he played was 8. So he could only summon monsters with a level between 4 and 8.

He basically didn't read what was on his card. The summoning of the low level monsters failed because he can't read... XD
Apr 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Cool episode, the anime is just starting, so it's not like if the episodes are getting awesome or anything yet, not until the real enemies appear.

Can't wait to see some more amazing characters, with their amazing monsters like Bruno (Antinomy), IV, Kaito and Misael style
May 2, 2014 3:49 AM

Apr 2011
Skyguardian said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Nope that is wrong. Odd eyes' Pendulum scale is 4 and the magicians' he played was 8. So he could only summon monsters with a level between 4 and 8.

He basically didn't read what was on his card. The summoning of the low level monsters failed because he can't read... XD

Nope, AnimeFan500 is right, because that is how its working in the OCG now. a scale of 4 and 8 only summons Levels 5-7, not 4-8 (because YuGiOh has to confuse us like that).
May 2, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2012
VGGuy95 said:
Skyguardian said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Nope, AnimeFan500 is right, because that is how its working in the OCG now. a scale of 4 and 8 only summons Levels 5-7, not 4-8 (because YuGiOh has to confuse us like that).
That's what he said between 4 and 8 which mean 5-7.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 31, 2014 6:22 AM

Jun 2012
I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to pendulum summoning again. But I thought it was going to be like when he's in a pinch his cards turn into pendulum cards.

And was that sakurai at the end? :D He only had 2 lines so it was hard to tell, I guess I'll find out next ep.
Aug 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Jul 2012
DancingJack said:
Seriously, I don't have anything against the main character or his deck or his magically unknown summoning method (because who programs the rules of this? they have to be put in somewhere if the game should show an error if somebody cheats) but Action Dueling and Solid Vision is just such stupid garbage... running around the field and picking up magic cards that can be played on the turn of your opponent for some unknown reason.

I'd rather have the main character draw the right card at the right time for him to save himself instead of him riding around the playing field on a hippo and getting the exactly right magic card at the right time without even looking at it first. It's like putting the deus ex machina directly into plain sight but that doesn't make it better, it makes it even less believeable that there is any kind of skill involved other than being the main character.

Even the duels on motorcycles were better than this, stop trying to add extra bullshit around the actual game and if you have to, add something that makes sense and is actually interesting and fun to watch. If you can't come up with something good, don't add anything at all.

While watching these duels I always have to think of the abrieged movie with Yugi and Yusei: "We just gonna stand with our feet planted firmly on the ground..."

Thinking the same.

As far as the episodes so far go: i feel like this season is way better than this zexal crap.
Mar 7, 2015 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
mdbr2 said:
I really hated the whole "I don't remember how I did this" thing, kinda wanted Yuya to be more like Yugi or Yusei (even with his 18 lose record).
It was good episode regardless, hope it gets better.

Yeah it's a bit annoying really.
Also what's with some of those fan kids having 40y/o voices :/
Jan 4, 2018 7:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Ahhhh the early OP magicians Timegazer and Stargazer Magician !!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Jan 2020
it was so awesome,

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.