Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 6:24 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was quite the surreal piece, as expected of the author of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. I really enjoyed that ending with the embrace, a shame it isn't longer.
May 16, 2014 4:55 PM
Oct 2013
I'm not sure, but I think everything beyond page 8 is just a hallucination of the protagonist (the point where he hears the cats and meets the girl). Because if the whole story was real, it would be rather odd and "unrealistic".

Also, why does the protagonist asks himself this question in the end:
Because this contradicts him and his initial character.
QonellMay 18, 2014 5:29 AM
May 17, 2014 1:23 AM

Feb 2014
Qonell said:
Also, why does the protagonist asks himself this question in the end:
Because this contradicts him and his initial character.

I guess it's because he's afraid of losing someone he cares about again, just like the sick girl from before. That's why he chose to live a lonely life, sort of given up hope. As Snow sort of mended his heart, he questions himself whether he could lives his life without Snow's accompany.

As the story is open-ended Snow might be a hallucination, robot or even human, who knows.
May 18, 2014 5:52 AM
Oct 2013
Alencia said:
I guess it's because he's afraid of losing someone he cares about again, just like the sick girl from before. That's why he chose to live a lonely life, sort of given up hope. As Snow sort of mended his heart, he questions himself whether he could lives his life without Snow's accompany.

Ok, I just reread it. I know the back-story with the sick girl. And I get why he is so depressed and has no hope. But in the beginning he still thinks:
"Maybe the person in front of me was only a hallucination, a hallucination made because I couldn't stand being alone."
and also:
"Even for me, I might go berserk if I continue living alone."

In the end he is cured, but before he kind of craves for company and at the same time wants to be alone?
May 18, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2014
Qonell said:

"Maybe the person in front of me was only a hallucination, a hallucination made because I couldn't stand being alone."

Good point. Totally missed this while reading.

Now I see the contradictions that you're pointing out.
Aug 12, 2015 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Qonell said:
Alencia said:

Ok, I just reread it. I know the back-story with the sick girl. And I get why he is so depressed and has no hope. But in the beginning he still thinks:
and also:

In the end he is cured, but before he kind of craves for company and at the same time wants to be alone?

Why is it so unusual for a person to have contradicting feelings and emotions?
I mean, he was (one of) the last people in the world. He may already have gone crazy. How would it be unusual for such a person in general to have contradicting feelings?
Mar 8, 2017 4:02 AM

Jan 2011
Meh, not impressed.
Oct 4, 2020 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
It reminds me a lot of Planetarian. Honestly, for the lowest rated light novel on MAL it's not a bad short story.
Apr 10, 4:21 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Qonell
Alencia said:

and also:

@Qonell He wasn't contradicting himself, he kept changing his mind.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.