Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2014 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya is awesome. 0__0
Apr 12, 2014 8:27 PM
Apr 2014
sol_trigger said:
LOL KIRITO 1 HIT K.O VP
Did you know that the one who voice kirito in SAO is the one who's going to voice the person in end of the OP :)
Apr 12, 2014 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
So apparently he's a "weed" but in fact he's super strong and fast?

Pseudo underdog thing is lame. Magic needs to be explained more, along with whatever power he has aside from knowing what magic they're about to use.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 12, 2014 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya took out Hattori so easily. The fight was so short.
Apr 12, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
there's a lot less fighting in this thread than I expected. I'm both happy and disappointed at the same :P

I liked how they treated this episode. Even as a LN reader I was getting anxious about whether they'd show the fight here, or next time... would have pissed me off to wait another week to watch Hanzou get beat on. Was nice to be kept in suspense even knowing what would happen.

I just hope they give sufficient explanation of the magic Tatsuya used.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 12, 2014 9:08 PM
Oct 2013
orchidork said:
is this show supposed to be harem?

ost was great this episode.

i almost felt bad for the vice president but he kinda deserved it. decent build up for a fight that didn't even last 10 seconds.

i'm glad they explained what a CAD was but i still had to look it up. sounds pretty cool

also, the incest levels in this episode were running dangerously high. even if the light novels don't have any incest in them, madhouse is really projecting this show as an incest story which was obvious with miyuki's reaction to tatsuya's comment

The incest lvl does troll you in the first arc really hard, I think only time where Tatsuya jokes about it too, its not madhouse it happens in t he light novel lol that part was almost word for word for light novel XD I think its done on purpose to get you misdirected till vol 8 where they explain it or author felt like trolling reader idk =X

As for the whole CAD thing get fleshed out lot more in second arc.

DerpHole said:
So apparently he's a "weed" but in fact he's super strong and fast?

Pseudo underdog thing is lame. Magic needs to be explained more, along with whatever power he has aside from knowing what magic they're about to use.

Its not Pseudo, its how they measure a magician capability marks him as weak and he is weak in term of how most people definie a magician.
Apr 12, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsuya. So OP!
duel over in like, 1 second hahaha.

LOL at Tatsuya's joke. Was a bit worried there. DIDNT want him to have those kind of feelings towards her. O.O
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 12, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2008
Not much happened. The vice president is an annoying prick. Did they really need a whole episode for this?

Also more incest vibes.
Apr 12, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
So what I'm getting from his power at the end of the episode is that he is basically Wesker
Apr 12, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
2 episodes in and it's still as average as any harem(?) show.

Then again this doesn't have a harem tag but what would this kind of anime be without a female-dominated student council and a useless sole male member right?

I still don't get the hype although at least this is far better than Mahou Sensou (then again it's not saying much seeing how terrible that show is).
Apr 12, 2014 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
The second episode seem to have expanded on the Gary Stu-ness of the main character.

The thing is, the VP guy was just there to hate the MC for no real reason, in fact his whole purpose seems to be making the MC look cool. Same with the sister, who just dotes on the MC all the time, it's like she can't make decisions for herself, she has no character other than being an extension of the MC.
Apr 12, 2014 9:35 PM
Oct 2013
--haruka said:
Tatsuya. So OP!
duel over in like, 1 second hahaha.

LOL at Tatsuya's joke. Was a bit worried there. DIDNT want him to have those kind of feelings towards her. O.O

Apr 12, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
Wow these main characters are horribly unlikeable. The MC is an overpowered lump of dullness and his sister is an emotionless creep that only has an ounce of personality when her boring brother strokes her neck and starts a squirting fest under her ugly summer dress of a uniform. If any of you turns around and starts screaming that it's "not incest" and "there's a reason for it" - yeah, the reason is called incest pandering. His sister so far has been nothing but a character-boosting lump of fanservice whose only role is to swoon and squirm inappropriately about her brother. She has literally done nothing else.

The only likeable characters so far in fact were the less prominent secondary characters, mostly Rin-chan (whatever her actual name was, cause she doesn't seem to even be in the character list) and Watanabe. I'm still waiting for Juumonji and he still isn't here and if he isn't worth it then into the trash this overhyped show goes.
Apr 12, 2014 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
That Hattori Hanzo is an arrogant bastard. I was just happy to see him fall down to the floor. A-Chan is so cute.
Apr 12, 2014 9:50 PM
Feb 2011
straggy said:
Wow these main characters are horribly unlikeable. The MC is an overpowered lump of dullness and his sister is an emotionless creep that only has an ounce of personality when her boring brother strokes her neck and starts a squirting fest under her ugly summer dress of a uniform. If any of you turns around and starts screaming that it's "not incest" and "there's a reason for it" - yeah, the reason is called incest pandering. His sister so far has been nothing but a character-boosting lump of fanservice whose only role is to swoon and squirm inappropriately about her brother. She has literally done nothing else.

The only likeable characters so far in fact were the less prominent secondary characters, mostly Rin-chan (whatever her actual name was, cause she doesn't seem to even be in the character list) and Watanabe. I'm still waiting for Juumonji and he still isn't here and if he isn't worth it then into the trash this overhyped show goes.

hate is real with this one haha. its unlikeable for you.
Apr 12, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2011
Tatsuya tries his hardest to be a silent badass, even Kirito was 10 times more likable.
Apr 12, 2014 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
dulguN said:
straggy said:

I do agree with him to an extent. The show has put a lot of effort to make the main character look cool. At the expense of making other characters look like cardboards, his sister is really a prime example, she has no personality other than worshipping her brother.

Pacing of this show isn't stellar either, with hardly any progression in the second episode.
Apr 12, 2014 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
dulguN said:
straggy said:

I didn't even say I hated the show lol. The before show specials were good and the show had promise but its shitty unlikeable main characters are ruining it, damn.

And wow, no shit that it's unlikeable for me? It's likeable for you, apparently. It's called an opinion. Do you know what one is?
Apr 12, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2010
Apr 12, 2014 10:28 PM
Oct 2013
straggy said:
dulguN said:
straggy said:

I didn't even say I hated the show lol. The before show specials were good and the show had promise but its shitty unlikeable main characters are ruining it, damn.

And wow, no shit that it's unlikeable for me? It's likeable for you, apparently. It's called an opinion. Do you know what one is?

Its been 2 ep dude give it more time to develop.
Apr 12, 2014 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
Lanvidia said:
Tatsuya tries his hardest to be a silent badass, even Kirito was 10 times more likable.

Kirito appears more kind, plus Kirito was never hiding anything from the audience. Where as this Tatasuya guy... we really don't know much about him, other than the fact that his sister seems to have some unhealthy obsession with him, and he has thus far unexplained powers.
Apr 12, 2014 10:38 PM
Aug 2012
psh I hope not all the fight scenes will be like that. Also disappointing to know that mage fights are so 'not that dangerous' that spectators can stand only a few meters away in the same room and not worry about being caught in the crossfire.
I can't argue that the Vice president douchebag was put there purely to make the MC seem more badass.
Don't really like the MC's yet. Don't really hate them either, but there's definitely room for improvement. But hey at least there's no facepalm fanservice yet.
KVVApr 12, 2014 11:01 PM
Apr 12, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2013
Anyone want incest for lunch? :P "Needless to say, I'm joking." Ha

Everyone watching the fight was like wtf just happened, so am I lol :P

Great episode.
Apr 12, 2014 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
RexZShadow said:
straggy said:
dulguN said:
straggy said:

It's been 2 episodes for everyone. This is a forum for the opinions on those 2 episodes. Evidently my opinion is that the main characters have been nothing but unlikeable for two whole episodes. People don't turn to posts that say "I love this show, it's my new favourite!" after one episode and tell them to calm down because it's only been one episode, do they? Stop acting like negative opinions are wrong.
Apr 12, 2014 10:43 PM
Apr 2014
Skyray said:
Lanvidia said:

Kirito appears more kind, plus Kirito was never hiding anything from the audience. Where as this Tatasuya guy... we really don't know much about him, other than the fact that his sister seems to have some unhealthy obsession with him, and he has thus far unexplained powers.
Don't worry it will be explain later, little by little :P
Apr 12, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
Lanvidia said:
This guy is way more likeable and interesting than Kirito.
Apr 12, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 2014
straggy said:
RexZShadow said:
straggy said:
dulguN said:
straggy said:

It's been 2 episodes for everyone. This is a forum for the opinions on those 2 episodes. Evidently my opinion is that the main characters have been nothing but unlikeable for two whole episodes. People don't turn to posts that say "I love this show, it's my new favourite!" after one episode and tell them to calm down because it's only been one episode, do they? Stop acting like negative opinions are wrong.
Hmm ... We. Have different opinion so we can't really do anything about that xD for me its very pleasing (for me!! )
Apr 12, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
Wow didn't anyone notice that this episode was fast paced more than the first episode? They skipped a lot of tatsuya's conversation from LN. And the incest joke is really uncomfortable.
Apr 12, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsuya easily won the fight, and also already enjoyed success with some colleagues of Miyuki
Miyuki is very kawaii and is always protecting his brother
the interaction of the brothers is very cool, so much that it embarrass those around
I hope that each episode more tips about the past of the brothers are given
the anime really has everything to be one of the best of the season
_________

Tatsuya venceu facil a luta, e também ja fez sucesso com algumas colegas de Miyuki
Miyuki é muito kawaii e está sempre protegendo o irmão
a interação dos irmãos é muito legal, tanto que chega a constranger quem está perto
espero que a cada episódio mais dicas sobre o passado dos irmãos sejam dadas
o anime realmente tem tudo para ser um dos melhores da temporada
Apr 12, 2014 11:04 PM

Sep 2011
Wow more characters....I gotta be honest none of the characters really stick with me atm. Whats wrong with the mc? He so robotic & her sister is 1D sakura(naruto) clone. The anime is so serious to the point it just silly at times, why so serious? It just school drama, damn~ crack a joke or two.
AndroidJacketApr 12, 2014 11:08 PM
Apr 12, 2014 11:05 PM
Oct 2013
straggy said:

Ya thats fine if you don't like the two ep but again its only being two ep, barely time to get everyone introduced and have them develop consider how heavy info dump the LN is to set everything up. Negative opinion aren't wrong but there is also nothing wrong about telling people to have some patience.

Also yes some people say they love it, some say they don't like it and they leave it at that or give some quick reason why which you know is their opinion but most of they don't go out of the way to smash everything about the show coz you didn't like it and try to make it sound like its the most horrible thing that existed. Its not wrong to have a negative opinion, its bad to have a hateful one.

As for Miyuki yes I'll say it as many time as I need it it make sense later on, idk why people still try to argue about this, its not a prediction its fact. The LN already explain it so idk why people keep trying to argue its not, just make no sense to me.

cyborgneko999 said:
Wow more characters....I gotta be honest none of the characters really stick with me atm. What is wrong with the mc? He so robotic & her sister is 1D sakura(naruto) clone. The anime is so serious to the point it just silly at times, why so serious? It just school drama, damn crack a joke or two.

Lol did you miss the joke he crack during the meeting XD? Although coming from him does feel damn serious but I guess thats what makes the joke more amazing XD
Apr 12, 2014 11:18 PM

Nov 2013
idk...this guy's even worse than kirito. the narration tries to paint him as a gifted-but-heavily-flawed individual, but then he kicks the vp's ass as if he had no problems at all.
Apr 12, 2014 11:25 PM
Apr 2014
xxdeathx said:
idk...this guy's even worse than kirito. the narration tries to paint him as a gifted-but-heavily-flawed individual, but then he kicks the vp's ass as if he had no problems at all.
Hmm ... Yeah I agree that they didn't clearly explain what flaws tatsuya have and the spoil at the beginning of the first episode make you think that he is gifted xD but basically (without spoiling) tatsuya is not really good with modern magic , there are some different kind of magic, they only showed ancient and modern magic
Apr 12, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 2010
Vice pres is just salty mc is cutting in on his student council harem

But seriously, that battle was over way too quick
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 12, 2014 11:30 PM

Feb 2014
Good episode. How Tatsuya defeated the VP so quickly will be explained in the next episode I guess.

I'm guessing that the enrolment arc is going to be around 5-6 episodes which is very good pacing wise. In saying that I reckon we are probably going to see the brilliant Yokohama Disturbance Arc being adapted as well. I can't wait for this, it's awesomeness is going to send chills down my spine.

Great Job Madhouse, already keen for the next episode.
Apr 12, 2014 11:33 PM
Jan 2014
What the fuck is wrong with his ass anyway, I hope he at least redeems himself in the future. I hate 1 dimensional characters that are just there to oppose the MC without reason.
Apr 12, 2014 11:34 PM
Aug 2012
KillaBlitz said:
xxdeathx said:
Hmm ... Yeah I agree that they didn't clearly explain what flaws tatsuya have and the spoil at the beginning of the first episode make you think that he is gifted xD but basically (without spoiling) tatsuya is not really good with modern magic , there are some different kind of magic, they only showed ancient and modern magic

Yeah it already showed that with the little test they did this episode with the cart n stuff.

And what was there to like about Kirito after 2 episodes of SAO? In fact I seem to recall people laughing at Kirito needlessly 'taking upon the worlds hatred'. Give it some time. There's already more mystery around Tatsuya's character.
Apr 12, 2014 11:36 PM
Oct 2013
KillaBlitz said:
xxdeathx said:

A reason I dislike the Kirito comparison is Kirito doesn't work for his power, he basically have them just coz. While Tatsuya has every clear weakness but he is able to cover for them with his own effort.
Apr 12, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2011
Dat Stu victory, I demand an explanation.
Still, was rooting for Tatsuya, t'was underwhelming :(
Apr 12, 2014 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
NihonFalcom said:
Dat Stu victory, I demand an explanation.
Still, was rooting for Tatsuya, t'was underwhelming :(
Expanation will be given next episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 12, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2011
"If only we weren't related by blood, I'd want her as a lover."
Me: -headbashing-

But I like Tatsuya. It's fun to watch him effortlessly defeat those jerks. :)
First episode was even better though, with the temple scene and his epic taijutsu.
Apr 12, 2014 11:50 PM

Mar 2013
Well...the main character is a let down. He probably has the biggest advantage over any other student , yet he doesn't have any motivation to get higher in ranking. I think he needs to boost his game up and start doing something or else he may be the weakest link in this series.
The new characters seem typical at this moment. I'm curious how they will grow.
Apr 12, 2014 11:53 PM
Oct 2013
zilmian said:
Well...the main character is a let down. He probably has the biggest advantage over any other student , yet he doesn't have any motivation to get higher in ranking. I think he needs to boost his game up and start doing something or else he may be the weakest link in this series.

Na its not he has no motivation its how they do the ranking that he can't move up.
Apr 12, 2014 11:53 PM

Jan 2014
Tatsuya's dry humour was great, had me chuckling when he confessed that he'd go out with Miyuki had not been blood-related.

Apr 12, 2014 11:59 PM
Aug 2012
RexZShadow said:
zilmian said:

Na its not he has no motivation its how they do the ranking that he can't move up.

Dude let them watch the next episode.........the explanations changes a lot of things.

Apr 13, 2014 12:21 AM
Dec 2011
anyone know what the fight song was tatsuya vs vice pres guy?
, all i heard was "electric" and bloody hell it was awesome
Apr 13, 2014 12:21 AM

Apr 2014
I went into this episode thinking that the brocon has finally toned down, then Tatsuya suddenly cracks that lover joke.

Will keep watching to learn more about the school and how magic works.
Apr 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
And Hattori got fodderized. All will fall before Lord Tatsuya.

I hope they explained it well next episode. This is no simple trick that anyone can do.

Apr 13, 2014 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
I really like seeing arrogance being defeated. Cool end.
Apr 13, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
Hanzo's internal monologue was better than I had imagined. I knew what and how it's going to happen that's why I can't stop myself from smiling during that sequence :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.