Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup and they introduced more new characters. Honoka spotted. It'll take me a little while to get used to her voice. Anyways, some drama at the student council. As I thought, Tatsuya doesn't like some of their standards.

Magic is serious business. And Erika stands out so far in this show, well for now anyways. Lol and they had to end it at a duel. That was fast though. I blinked and it was over.
rodacApr 12, 2014 1:44 PM
Apr 12, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
LOL @ his joke during the talk with girls of student council. President wanting her to join but she wants him to join instead. She always needs his permission, and agreed to join. Inoue-san's character nominating the brother to do her job (so that he can join, too) because she approves his potential (just not magic). Vice (male) vs. the main guy. He used martial art to win.

ED is pretty.

lol @ bunches of comments with "average" while streaming.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
So, they ended it just right after the duel. Let's hope they handles the explanation well enough for new viewers to understand in next episode.

Apr 12, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2010
They fucked up Suzunes voice in my opinion -_-

Other than that, good episode.
Apr 12, 2014 9:06 AM
Aug 2012
EasyGo-er said:
So, they ended it just right after the duel. Let's hope they handles the explanation well enough for new viewers to understand in next episode.

Just like the manga huh? That was nicely done in my opinion. Subs come out soon please.............

Apr 12, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2014
I got a little confused when Tatsuya won vice-president easily. Is he a hidden super-hero? And the title, "The Irregular at Magic High School" confused me again. "Rettousei" means a student who have a poor record at his school. The word of "irregular" has a same meaning in English? Or it implies that Tatsuya is something like a revolutionary person of that school?

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. Miyuki was so cute.
Apr 12, 2014 9:26 AM
Oct 2013
dmrch said:
I got a little confused when Tatsuya won vice-president easily. Is he a hidden super-hero? And the title, "The Irregular at Magic High School" confused me again. "Rettousei" means a student who have a poor record at his school. The word of "irregular" has a same meaning in English? Or it implies that Tatsuya is something like a revolutionary person of that school?

That, my friend, is why we (the anime watchers) are here for LOL

Well, this is the one of the first hints for outsiders to know that....."DO NO F@#$ING MESS WITH MIYUKI!!! Or you'd end up like that guy!!!"
Apr 12, 2014 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
dmrch said:

The VP underestimated him and was taken by surprise. He's quite strong without using his real powers but he wouldn't have won that easily if he wasn't been underestimated in the first place since the VP is pretty strong actually.

And the irregular refers to both things that you mentioned.
EasyGo-erApr 12, 2014 9:34 AM

Apr 12, 2014 9:36 AM
Oct 2013
Gary Tatsuya Stu way tooo OP lol. Dat fight hue.
I like the ending.
Apr 12, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:

rettousei= poor student (inferior compared to others)
irregular just means not normal (nothing to do with being worse or better than others)
Nice episode. First battle, first victory as expected of tatsuya.
Shakkin-shitsujiApr 12, 2014 9:55 AM
Apr 12, 2014 9:41 AM
Oct 2013
Sound like exactly how the manga/ln did it too and end on that cliff hanger too lol. Will make lot more sense when they explain it in ep 3. Mod Edit: Subs question/response removed.

Mod Note: Discussion of when subs come out including the "Subs where?" question will be removed as per the Anime Series Discussion Rules: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516053#msg18239905
rodacApr 12, 2014 1:49 PM
Apr 12, 2014 9:49 AM

Mar 2014
EasyGo-er said:
And the irregular refers to both things that you mentioned.
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
rettousei= poor student (inferior compared to others)

I do appreciate your replies.
"Rettousei" doesn't have both meanings. Only it has poor meaning. And in ordinary they use only in negative way. Therefore, I felt that this title is a swindle, like a superman movie entitled "poor man". My confusion is resolved now.
Thank you.
Apr 12, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2011
Tatsuya is awesome!!!
Apr 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Feb 2009
Nakahara Mai's voice doesn't fit Suzune at all. I still think she and KanaHana should have switched roles. Honoka's and Hattori's voices are okay, Shizuku and Azusa's not so much.
And I can already see it now, that match will spawn endless questions asking how Tatsuya did it and how overpowered he is. It doesn't help that they basically ended it like that as a cliffhanger and with so little details to work on to guess what he did since he just disappeared(inb4 he used teleportation)and Hattori collapsed.
Not much Onii-sama from Miyuki but well, I also know that she'll get more complaints this time with her insisting that her brother is also great and all that.
I still enjoyed the episode but there's still the lack of infodump about the whole mechanics of the magic system. And not much left of volume 1 at this point so an episode or two will be enough to finish it. Basically confirms my suspicion that this will go up to volume 7 or 8.
Don't like the ED that much.
belatkuroApr 12, 2014 11:02 AM
Apr 12, 2014 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah they will keep explanation on the next episode.

Vice President = Instant kill !!
The mock battle didn't even last for a minute.
Well, Tatsuya is badass. He got some real combat experience than some other normal student.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode. Just the way how chapter 6 of the manga also ended.
I'm still getting used to Honoka's voice.

It's good to see the instant win in animation.
Apr 12, 2014 11:24 AM
Apr 2014
just waited for a week then I need to wait again!! life sucks -_-
Apr 12, 2014 11:42 AM
Oct 2013
The part where he says "you always get angry in my place, because I can't get angry myself"...
wow... They are forshadowing that already lol.
And that fight. Instantkill. Wonder how hattori will react next episode.

Seeing that we've already got up to the fight between those two I believe two more episodes and this arc should be over. Thank god lol. I want to see the 9SC arc and the yokohama disturbance arc.
Apr 12, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
One owned Hattori...Check :D

Loved the reactions XD And more of that nxt ep ^^

Really Dat ownage was awesome. And for anyone thinking he's OP, nxt ep will have explanation so no bitching -.-
Apr 12, 2014 11:45 AM
Oct 2013
iFourier said:
The part where he says "you always get angry in my place, because I can't get angry myself"...
wow... They are forshadowing that already lol.
And that fight. Instantkill. Wonder how hattori will react next episode.

Seeing that we've already got up to the fight between those two I believe two more episodes and this arc should be over. Thank god lol. I want to see the 9SC arc and the yokohama disturbance arc.

Na how you get 2 more lol? going at the rate of 3 chap per ep right now thats still 8 ep. I honestly hope they only finish 9SC arc with this season I feel like its going to feel way too rushed if they hit Yokohama disturbance arc. So next season be like Yokohama disturbance arc + the flash back then vistor arc fit nicely together.

@Barion-Zara still he is OP though lol idk why people have issue with OP MC as long as its done well.
Apr 12, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
I liked Tatsuya's badassery at the end. Him saying sometimes he thinks he could fall in love with his sister but just joking was really funny.
Apr 12, 2014 11:48 AM
Mar 2014
When do they explain everything, the CAD stuff and activation codes, etc?
Apr 12, 2014 11:51 AM
Aug 2012
SolitaryFear said:

They put some explanation about that stuff in the chibi sorts, episode 2 actually. You can check them out if you wish.

@RexZShadow: At this rate, i think they will finish the first arc in ep 6-7.

Apr 12, 2014 11:54 AM

Sep 2013
Okay episode. I can't stand Tatsuya though. He's way too flawless. Oh well, hopefully there is some development for him coming. That could fix it.
Apr 12, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Tatsuya is op
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 12, 2014 11:56 AM
Apr 2014
Wow this was soooo unpredictable and original. A completely unnecessary duel where the underdog Gary Stu surprises everyone!
Apr 12, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
I honestly don't think the enrollment arc is as bad as people make it seem. It's just that stuff in subsequent arcs make it seem bad in comparison. That being said, I also can't wait until we're done with it. The next two arcs are my favorites.

Anyway, this episode was great. It's always better to see animation in action than to just read about it. For instance, I never really knew what the magic activation timer thingy looked like in the LN, and now I can see how slow Tatsuya's magic activation is. He's even slower than Erika!

I hated VP Hattori Hanzo in the LN so much at this point, and I still don't like him in the anime. However, he did make sense when he pointed out that just because a term is prohibited doesn't gloss over the underlying problem. Racism at its finest, imo.

I also loved Tatsuya making the point that he really didn't care much about anything but his sister. The only reason he even challenged the VP was to prove that Miyuki was an infallible magician who was not prone to nepotism.

The duel: I like that they showed what Hattori's plan was even if he didn't get to put it into motion. Now that I think about it, it's not like they could have skipped that entire sequence, is it? But that was a really really short fight and I can just see the incoming onslaught of Gary Stu screams. And it doesn't really help that we'll have to wait for the explanation of why he won till next week. In the meantime, we'll hopefully have haters drop the anime after this week.

All in all, it was a great adaptation, imo. I liked the ED too. Holding my breath till next week:)
Apr 12, 2014 12:01 PM
Apr 2014
cupc said:
Okay episode. I can't stand Tatsuya though. He's way too flawless. Oh well, hopefully there is some development for him coming. That could fix it.
As you can see in his practical skill he is not really flawless right? :P (but well maybe you have different opinion xD haha)
Apr 12, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2013
millie10468 said:
I honestly don't think the enrollment arc is as bad as people make it seem. It's just that stuff in subsequent arcs make it seem bad in comparison. That being said, I also can't wait until we're done with it. The next two arcs are my favorites.

Anyway, this episode was great. It's always better to see animation in action than to just read about it. For instance, I never really knew what the magic activation timer thingy looked like in the LN, and now I can see how slow Tatsuya's magic activation is. He's even slower than Erika!

I hated VP Hattori Hanzo in the LN so much at this point, and I still don't like him in the anime. However, he did make sense when he pointed out that just because a term is prohibited doesn't gloss over the underlying problem. Racism at its finest, imo.

I also loved Tatsuya making the point that he really didn't care much about anything but his sister. The only reason he even challenged the VP was to prove that Miyuki was an infallible magician who was not prone to nepotism.

The duel: I like that they showed what Hattori's plan was even if he didn't get to put it into motion. Now that I think about it, it's not like they could have skipped that entire sequence, is it? But that was a really really short fight and I can just see the incoming onslaught of Gary Stu screams. And it doesn't really help that we'll have to wait for the explanation of why he won till next week. In the meantime, we'll hopefully have haters drop the anime after this week.

All in all, it was a great adaptation, imo. I liked the ED too. Holding my breath till next week:)

GARY TATSUYA STU!

-----------------------------------------------

I loved mayumi in this episode. I just love that char so much. Honoka's voice feels a bit strange... And she's already showing some "pre-feelings" about Tatsuya haha.

Still mayumi is the best ~ my ship shall never sink!
Apr 12, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2013
iFourier said:

GARY TATSUYA STU!

Case in point. Lol, iFourier :)
Apr 12, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Apr 12, 2014 12:10 PM
Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
SolitaryFear said:

They put some explanation about that stuff in the chibi sorts, episode 2 actually. You can check them out if you wish.

@RexZShadow: At this rate, i think they will finish the first arc in ep 6-7.

Ya but first arc is well lot of just setting up back grounds. The 9SC arc can be fleshed out much more lot of stuff going on to fill up an ep than the first arc. Idk just afraid they rush the later arch XD
Apr 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Dang Instant kill. Can't wait to see how he will explain the situation to the Student Council.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Sooo, yeah, that guy really sucked ass. How to lose in less than 5 seconds...
So not only Tatsuya have the ability to read magic faster than everyone, he seem really good in fight.

That episode was great. Ahhhh that teasing incest, gotta love it :P
Damn, Tatsuya, stop playing with your sister feeling xD

I didn't understood at all when they were talking about their magic :P
I hope they give later some more vulgarized explaination because it felt like if I suddenly landed in an astrophysic class...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 12, 2014 12:14 PM
Oct 2013
Well 3 episodes for this arc then.

Mod Note: Even within spoiler tags, major plot developments are not allowed. Discussing how long an arc is usually is ok, but don't provide too many details on what is coming up next.
rodacApr 12, 2014 1:56 PM
Apr 12, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was so badass!

P.S. Does anybody think that Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei OP is SAO OP+Btooom! OP ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was fast.
I can't get over how amazing that OP and ED are..
Can't wait till next week now!
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Apr 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
It has only begun.
Ed is beautiful.
Apr 12, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Better than the 1st episode but still average.
Apr 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
Noob got owned, instant kill. Good bye LOL. Explanations probably next episode.
Felt good that that arrogant noob went down in one second.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 12, 2014 12:33 PM
Oct 2013
You can compare hattori with 90% of the bronze players in league of legends.
Arrogant and noob. And the best of it: both at the same time!
Apr 12, 2014 12:45 PM
Nov 2013
I love when Mari is onscreen, Marina Inoue's sexy voice FTW.
I'm glad that little twat Hattori lost instantly, I can't stand that type of character.
Overall, good episode. Can't wait till next week.
Apr 12, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode! Lots of foreshadowing. Explanation will be next episode as to how it happened. Curious to see how they handle it.
Apr 12, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
Tatsuya was such a beast this episode, though it does conflict with the first thought of the series that he wants to stay under cover, but I don't mind Hattori get completely destroyed like that. So I'll let this pass, but they will need to explain more why he is just throwing himself in the fire. It could be just to defend Miyuki's honor and in Japan honor is something very important.
Apr 12, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
LOL at tatsuya making that 'joke' with his straight face

Yeah tatsuya~!!! Badass action~
Apr 12, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2014
Haha.. Tetsuya's "joke"
Pretty badass there in the end
Apr 12, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
Hoping Tatsuya is as manipulative as I think...
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Apr 12, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
I eally hope we get a explanation on what happened in the fight next week, that was way to quick. Still it was badass to watch.

Apr 12, 2014 1:14 PM
Oct 2013
I wonder if this thread is going to get 700+ posts like the episode 1 thread :P
Apr 12, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
Well that battle ended in a matter of seconds lol. Tetsuya is pretty awesome.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.