Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2008 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
bla, the reason why everyone hates Kohinata is as stupid as everyone predicted in the last thread. This village is full of lunatics. My interest level on this went down 4 points.

Jan 18, 2008 6:16 PM

Aug 2007
Wow I really hate Hinata. She can just go die for all I care. She isn't even worth it anymore even if she does apologize. Hayami ftw.
Jan 18, 2008 6:27 PM

Oct 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Wow I really hate Hinata. She can just go die for all I care. She isn't even worth it anymore even if she does apologize. Hayami ftw.

QFT
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hirose needs to stand up and slap her in the face (not literally but you know what I mean) when she just doesn't listen to anything he says. He is too polite, and that sometimes bugs me. But the storyline was a bit different than what I expected. I had thought hayami had done something to hinata, but it was the other way around. I'm liking it so far, since I like this kind of anime! =)
Jan 18, 2008 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
The preview was nice lol.

Right now I get the same feeling as School Days when I finished this episode. So I hope this story shifts for the better soon :/.
\
Jan 18, 2008 7:14 PM

Jan 2007
I lol'ed when Otoha used her "powerful spell" on Hirose. x3

But I also ranted during this episode more than I've ever ranted during an...episode.
Hinata needs to die. Now.

Jan 18, 2008 7:25 PM

May 2007
AsianQuickSilver said:
The preview was nice lol.
lmao yeah. For all she cares, everyone can.....
Jan 18, 2008 7:50 PM

Jun 2007
Hirose harem begins...Hayami vs Hinata...
Jan 18, 2008 8:39 PM

Oct 2007
Darkreaper70 said:

Hate is too much of a strong word... Just because her family did that and hates Hayami, she was also forced by her family to reject Hatami as a bad girl...

What i am interested is Hirose's importance to the people of that village...
Why did the Kagura family know he was coming, and set Hinata to go after him...

Promised One, Destined One... You know something is there about it... It makes sence after suddenly he was able to see again, and if followed by a spirit (or something in that range).

I'm liking the anime, I really like how Hirose is trying to make things better instead of going with the flow...

EDIT: I liked how in the first episode they talk about the footprints in the sand.
"During good times there were two sets footprints in the sand, but during bad times there was only one set of footprints"
When i went to Cristian Union and did some bible study, it said the same thing there...

In the show they ask why God was with them during good times and he was not there for the bad times...
Anyone can guess the REAL meaning in that sentence. I want to see how many people know this one...
FriendlysoulJan 18, 2008 8:47 PM
Jan 18, 2008 8:45 PM

Aug 2007
Doesn't matter, its how I want to express my dislike for her. It's my own opinion anyway so I take your advice and throw it out the window.
Jan 18, 2008 8:53 PM

Jan 2008
So bascially the reason the villagers hate Hayami and her family was because they were commoners........hopefully it's more than that. Anyways not a bad episode, nice to see Hayami trying to wrestle Hirose away from Hinata that was really unexpected.
Jan 18, 2008 9:49 PM

Aug 2007
I don't understand all the hatred on Hinata, the way she is now is because of the influence of her grandfather.

Painfully obvious that the reason Hayami's house was burned down was because of Hinata being friends with her. A young child doesn't understand the social discrimination going on between the extremely rich and the poor, so how was she to know that her actions would cause all of this? The idea of being a "good girl" has been implanted on her mind from a very young age, let's call it brainwashing to make things easier.

She was brainwashed as a child that she has to be a good girl and never tarnish the name of her family. Obviously, she didn't know that this applied to the social cast of the village. After the fire, I'm assuming that mentally scarred her and she became a "good girl."

The plot seems to be moving somewhat fast now, even got a kiss at the end. The story is definitely shaping up into something good, heres to the producers not messing things up!

Promised One...Destined One...moe~ harem ftw! xD
Jan 18, 2008 9:54 PM
Oct 2007
-Excellence- said:
So bascially the reason the villagers hate Hayami and her family was because they were commoners........hopefully it's more than that. Anyways not a bad episode, nice to see Hayami trying to wrestle Hirose away from Hinata that was really unexpected.

Well i will assume that Hinata's little sisters death might be part of why everyone hates Hayami.

I don't hate Hinata, easy to hate on someone when you only seeing one side of the story still. If anyone should be hatted should be Hirose for not doing the "right" thing and confronting Hinata or Hayami about all of this. Seems more like a dumbass then anything really.
Jan 18, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2007
That's true...maybe the little sister does play a hand in this whole mess...

Hirose doing the right thing is better than Hirose bumbling around like an idiot because of his supposed blindness. It also looks like that the grandfather didn't know that he was blind...interesting...
Jan 19, 2008 2:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm glad it wasn't as simple as that Hayami's family caused a fire or something.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 19, 2008 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:

bla, the reason why everyone hates Kohinata is as stupid as everyone predicted in the last thread. This village is full of lunatics. My interest level on this went down 4 points.

Yup, no real reason or grand backstory for it. Pretty lame, imho.
Jan 19, 2008 11:40 AM

Jan 2007
For some reason, i bursted out in laughter when the music got serious near the end when Hinata and Hirose kissed.
Jan 19, 2008 11:47 AM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
For some reason, i bursted out in laughter when the music got serious near the end when Hinata and Hirose kissed.

Haha me to! xD
I thought I was the only one...couldn't help but laugh...way too funny =P
Jan 19, 2008 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
ug~ if this anime doesn't pick a new direction soon, its gonna be going to my dropped list. all to predictable and nothing going for a plot. the only thing that keeps me watching is artwork itself.
Jan 19, 2008 2:41 PM

Jun 2007
nyamo said:
ug~ if this anime doesn't pick a new direction soon, its gonna be going to my dropped list. all to predictable and nothing going for a plot.

Same here.
Jan 19, 2008 3:27 PM
Sep 2007
its kind of strange, and i get tired of watching hirose being so damn uberpolite as not to say anything when anyone does strange things (no of course im not pointing my finger at hinata, why would i?), but instead just does about nothing.
and, as has already been said, the backstory seems to be really lame, if theres not something hidden behind the things which are known till now. which i doubt, but nonetheless hope.
i guess ill still keep watching it, because it only has 12 episodes anyways.
Jan 19, 2008 9:40 PM

Mar 2007
This episode was again nothing special.
There is absolutely zero plot, and everything is either predictable or pretty effing stupid (I can see again and no one thinks it's weird! yay~)

The episode's second half was better, even though the reason why they all hate Hayami was stupid.
Jan 19, 2008 11:34 PM

Aug 2007
heheh. loved the preview and Otoha's cheer-up spell. Everything else was.. meh.
Jan 20, 2008 8:23 AM
Jan 2008
I frankly hated this episode, everything is plain stupid and predictable. Hirose and Hinata are seriously pissing me off, Hirose for his stupid personality and politiniess and Hinata.... ARGH!

Friendlysoul said:

<span style="color:green">"During good times there were two sets footprints in the sand, but during bad times there was only one set of footprints"</span>
When i went to Cristian Union and did some bible study, it said the same thing there...

In the show they ask why God was with them during good times and he was not there for the bad times...
Anyone can guess the REAL meaning in that sentence. I want to see how many people know this one...

If I remember right. God carried one on his shoulders in bad times, so only one set of footprints.
Jan 20, 2008 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
the villagers' hate towards hayami and her family reminds me of satoko houjo XD

and yes, i think the footprints in the sand in the title refers to that infamous poem(as much as people think it was from the bible or something, it's not. it is a poem written in many versions if i remember correctly and people just associated it with the bible because of it's primary use in most christian/catholic themed literature) just look in wikipedia for the poem :)

also, like some of you said earleir, i wish there'd be a better reason for the people to hate hayami's family otehr than them being commoners. that's just lame. hayami or her parents causing the death of hinata's sister might be a better reason but im pretty sure it would seem like an "accident" of sorts and hayami was just the scapegoat. but that would still be pretty lame/cliche
Jan 20, 2008 11:10 AM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:

Same here.

Predictable episode with minor plot. Lets wait for more.
Jan 21, 2008 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
The thing that really bugs me in this show is Hirose. If I had been the one in the center of all this crap, I would've become public enemy #1 by telling everyone exactly what I thought of them. Every single person in that town, except Hayami, is trash. Pure and simple.
Jan 21, 2008 10:18 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Friendlysoul said:
EDIT: I liked how in the first episode they talk about the footprints in the sand.
"During good times there were two sets footprints in the sand, but during bad times there was only one set of footprints"
I posted about this in the first episode thread. It's from a famous poem. If you go to a Christian store, you'll see it written on everything.

"I know you're not that kind of person because your omelettes tasted like my mom's" .... Uhhh, right. I'd like to know how you can determine somebody's personality by eating the omelettes they make, lol.

Otherwise, I hope there's more to the back story then that, because that's pretty stupid on its own.
Jan 22, 2008 4:02 AM

Apr 2007
Shiranai said:
The thing that really bugs me in this show is Hirose. If I had been the one in the center of all this crap, I would've become public enemy #1 by telling everyone exactly what I thought of them.

Too true lol. I would have bashed the crap out of those guys and that girl (can't remember names) if I saw them doing what they were doing to Hiyomi.

Everybody's unbelievably stupid in that town. Because they were commoners? LOL.

PimpToad said:
I don't understand all the hatred on Hinata, the way she is now is because of the influence of her grandfather.

Painfully obvious that the reason Hayami's house was burned down was because of Hinata being friends with her. A young child doesn't understand the social discrimination going on between the extremely rich and the poor, so how was she to know that her actions would cause all of this? The idea of being a "good girl" has been implanted on her mind from a very young age, let's call it brainwashing to make things easier.

She was brainwashed as a child that she has to be a good girl and never tarnish the name of her family. Obviously, she didn't know that this applied to the social cast of the village. After the fire, I'm assuming that mentally scarred her and she became a "good girl."

Good thinking there. 100% agreed. Hinata still has a chance. It'll be interesting to see what else goes on here, and about her dead sister.

Overall, this is pretty darn stupid so far, plotwise. Thou i still can't help but enjoy it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2008 6:57 AM

Oct 2007
I'm liking the anime, I really like how Hirose is trying to make things better instead of going with the flow...

Agreed although I cant say hes super active making things better, its also definitly a good thing hes doing SOMETHING. unless some Anime were guys are so damn passive.

there were only 1 path of footprints in bad times because God was carrying him then.
Didnt read the whole thread so dont know who else knew it. I think its a good sentence.
Jan 22, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
It was a mehh episode. So is attempting to seduce Hirose being a good girl? We're all entitled to our opinions. And Hinata's grandfather just irritates me.
Jan 22, 2008 3:11 PM

Aug 2007
CrackedFlowers said:
It was a mehh episode. So is attempting to seduce Hirose being a good girl? We're all entitled to our opinions. And Hinata's grandfather just irritates me.

Not seduce...more like prevent him from becoming like Hayami. Unless you want to play hero, I don't think you would want to be in the same situation as her.
Jan 30, 2008 6:36 AM
Oct 2007
The town is fucking insane.

Also, when the blond girl said "I've come to fetch you" I thought she said "fuck" rather then "fetch" I loled.
Jan 30, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
FateSyka said:
I lol'ed when Otoha used her "powerful spell" on Hirose. x3

But I also ranted during this episode more than I've ever ranted during an...episode.
Hinata needs to die. Now.

Me too! This show makes me rant a lot. My boyfriend always give me funny looks because of all the swearing I do while watching it. I think it gives me high blood pressure.

Apr 8, 2008 1:13 PM
Feb 2008
The Preview was the only nice at this Episode -.-
Aug 11, 2008 2:24 PM

May 2007
Wierd anime.
I though it was an anime bout a random blind guy with harem male lead personality (and timing)
But all i got was only 2 episodes of a random blind guy,
And the rest is just the random "normal" character harem male lead personality (and timing [they always know where to go. {Maybe they got a secret GPS/radar/tracker/spy satelite hidden somewere}])

I feel like playing the game.
And wtf.
Bitching bout Hinata? Come on guys. (Not that i like her, but i don't hate her either)

Hinata's random karate move to kiss him was pretty much impressive, lol.
It would be funny if she had imobilised him though...
Nah, it would be actually lame and wierd at the same time. lol
RyushiAug 11, 2008 2:41 PM
May 6, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2008
Gotta hate those angry torch wielding mobs of villagers. What a messed up town.
Jun 21, 2010 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
man,first Hirose's illness suddenly is cured and now this?

how can you hate someone just because they're poor O.o
somehow this reminds me of higurashi with satoko,but at least the peopkle in higurashi had some kind of reason xD

4/5,and this anime is kind-of a disappointment for me so far :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 29, 2010 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god... it's much worse than the Akane-iro show. >.>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 30, 2011 7:30 AM

Mar 2010
corroded said:
the villagers' hate towards hayami and her family reminds me of satoko houjo XD

Except that haterd towards Satoko was much more justified. Seriously, commoners? WTF? I hope its something more than just that.
Apr 28, 2011 8:27 PM

Nov 2007
ugh I just don't get why Hirose is so stuck on Hayami or Hinata on him but it's annoying. too predictable the 2 used to be friends and probably sisters, of course let's make Hirose chlidhood friends with 1 to make it even more cliche.
Jan 23, 2012 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
That kiss is bound to fk some relationships up. Trust issues ensue.
Aug 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
He knows Hinata is a good person because she makes good omelettes? Lol this is pretty lame but im gonna stick with it.
Oct 13, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2013
I hate Hinata so much.. I can't even put it into words how much I hate her right now. Why couldn't she have just apoligized?
But I did like the little skit they did at the end.. ♥ Hanna
Hanna-SamaOct 14, 2013 4:48 AM
May 12, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that's stupid. They burned down her house and probably killed her parents because she was a commoner. The villagers are all crazy!

I hate Hinata so much.
May 22, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, this show just quickly became far, far worse than it already was. So they hate Hayami cos her family were commoners? What the fuck is wrong with these people? And do they seriously have to do that whole contrived drama thing from someone forcing a kiss on someone else? It's fucking annoying and stupid. Doesn't help that Hirose's a spineless little bitch either. If it were me, I would not let those guys who were beating up Hayami get away from it unscathed, and I'd definitely give Hinata a piece of my mind while I was at it.
Mar 17, 2017 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
Class rep has it hard from her obedience to the family name, now we know why the friendship got cut off. Oh Shit, She stole the first kiss.
Feb 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Feb 2018
Nice kiss Hinata Chan.
Feb 20, 2019 12:42 AM

Feb 2018
Nice kiss Hinata Chan.
Aug 24, 2019 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
Forget Higurashi, we are now in School Days territory...
Apr 16, 2023 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
Too much drama!! The spirit girl is the little sis?

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.