Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2009 2:03 PM

Jan 2009
This will cheer you up. Mikuru upskirt!

Sep 11, 2009 2:16 PM

Jul 2009
Fabrice said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG i so LOL at Shamisen!! XD
love his vocal xD
I've never seen a cat so willing to hang on to someone's shoulder...normally they always try and run away ;_; well the ones i know.

its a shame kyon's sister doesnt have much screen time.. *sigh

and Those were real warriors.. -_-
OMG mikuru a can kill! hey different contact lenses <.<
and koizimu... acting the usual, cool.

so what program is kyon using to edit? im interested.
plus kyon is dam good at it!
and that's one great camera, shot the whole thing in season one animation

Agreed. Shamisen and Kyon's debate on the validity of conversation between humans was jokes~
The new contact lens and the warriors were really nice touch, subtle reminders of Haruhi's power.
The programme Kyon used looked like Windows Movie Maker~ but there's no way Kyon could have done that. Also Kyon admitted that he didn't do it at the end didn't he?

PS- who was the girl that was standing far away from Kyon and Mikuru, while they were having a conversation about Mkuru's theory of Haruhi's power and how Kyon shouldn't trust Mikuru too much?
Also the season didn't end right? I thought it might cos season 1 only had 14 eps as well

Sep 11, 2009 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Vinhthehero said:
This will cheer you up. Mikuru upskirt!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 11, 2009 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
It felt like the season was ending there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 11, 2009 3:51 PM
Apr 2009
The story's been getting more serious and this time it was really philosophical with Kyon's conversations with the cat and with Mikuru. lol And it may just be me, but the animation and artwork is starting to look less like K-On! and more like the original Haruhi. Still. This season is no where near as great as the first season is.
Sep 11, 2009 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
A talking intellectual cat? That's just made of pure win and awesomeness xD

Really Like the first half of this episode, especially the looming darkness when Koizumi talks about the internal struggles and differences between to groups.
A nice addition to the series.

Though the last minutes felt a bit too "wrapped up" and speeded trough.

And the end dialogue between Kyon and Haruhi felt a bit out of place, would have been nice to know how the two ended up there alone etc.

Though overall a very good and enjoyable episode, hoping for more but it felt like an season ending.
Sep 11, 2009 4:28 PM

May 2007
Is this the last episode?
Sep 11, 2009 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
Jin_uzuki said:
This episode was very good, however the whole arc was kinda meh, you can't spend 5 episodes for a film. <_<

4/10 to the arc
1/10 to the season

Typical butthurt reply <_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 11, 2009 4:36 PM
Dec 2008
ok was it just me or Tsuruya listening to Kyon and Mikuru talk about how Kyon shouldnt trust Koizumi????
could she be in another faction or belong to Koizumi's faction, which is why koizumi later tells kyon not to trust mikuru??
it was very interesting to get a glimpse of the conflict between koizumi and mikurus factions. i thought koizumi would reveal some big truth when he talked to kyon.
but it was interesting episode and one of my favorites. a great end to Sighs
and i cant stop wondering who edited that movie for kyon
Sep 11, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2009
kaena said:
ok was it just me or Tsuruya listening to Kyon and Mikuru talk about how Kyon shouldnt trust Koizumi????
could she be in another faction or belong to Koizumi's faction

Sep 11, 2009 4:51 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode. :3
yakisobapanSep 11, 2009 5:16 PM
Sep 11, 2009 5:42 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Last part was great. xD

Sep 11, 2009 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
eviterisadude said:
Last part was great. xD

i actually thought he was gonna say he was all 3 of them combined :3
Sep 11, 2009 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
So, what's next after this story arc?
-Fixing-
Sep 11, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode! I really enjoyed Sighs, can't wait for the next season!

By the way, IIRC the last part of the episode takes place right after The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (the novel / 6 episodes), right?
Sep 11, 2009 6:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kaena said:
could she be in another faction or belong to Koizumi's faction, which is why koizumi later tells kyon not to trust mikuru??
it was very interesting to get a glimpse of the conflict between koizumi and mikurus factions. i thought koizumi would reveal some big truth when he talked to kyon.
but it was interesting episode and one of my favorites. a great end to Sighs
and i cant stop wondering who edited that movie for kyon

yep, Tsuruya comes from a faction of mages that are secretly trying to perform a ritual using Haruhi's powers.

Other than that, Disappearance has disappeared indeed. I expect KyoAni to suddenly announce that this season is 24 episodes instead.... and the four last episodes are DVD only (sure, a newly improved remastered 2009 version with....new opening songs and ending song! yay. how wonderful.)

Good episode at least.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 11, 2009 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
Wilio said:

Sighs hopefully

though cancellation is looking more likely at the moment
Sep 11, 2009 6:21 PM
Mar 2009
unellmay said:
Wilio said:

Sighs hopefully

You mean Disappearance, right?

Sep 11, 2009 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
After this, is the Cultural Festival (Episode 00, Live a Live). A filler episode, Day of Sagittarius and the special anime-only 'Someday In The Rain' which kinda' leads to the winter episodes which are Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Charmed at First Sight Lover, Snow Mountain Syndrome, and Where Did The Cat Go? After that, they enter a new semester.
Sep 11, 2009 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
chinlamp said:
unellmay said:
Wilio said:

Sighs hopefully

You mean Disappearance, right?

Whoops yeah
Sep 11, 2009 7:59 PM
Dec 2008
well see ya guys at the end of this year or 2010~~
btw this was really an epic episode
my favorite of the second season, beating the end of EE and BLR
Sep 11, 2009 8:30 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode, Shamisen was awesome and an enjoyable ending.
Sep 11, 2009 8:42 PM

May 2009
Some drama going on between Koizumi and Mikuru lol. Also who else saw Tsuraya in the background when Mikuru was telling Kyon how she doesnt really trust Koizumi.
Sep 11, 2009 9:15 PM

Dec 2008
It's been a loooooonngg season. I was kind of hoping that Kyon's purpose in telling Haruhi about them all at the end was to make her refute their supernatural identities thus turning them normal, otherwise I don't know why he told her. I wish the cat could still talk...I think his cynicism would have been fun to keep around.
Sep 11, 2009 9:16 PM
Feb 2009
Sep 11, 2009 9:23 PM

Jan 2009
Forgot to mention this, but you see a little glimpse of the Enoz band (from Live A Live) in a classroom when Kyon walks in the hallway:

Sep 11, 2009 9:35 PM

May 2008
this episode was great but ... errr

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 11, 2009 9:40 PM
Aug 2009
Awesome episode. A few things I noticed-

1.Koizumi's organization and Mikuru's organization seem to be at war with eachother. So, are either of them on Kyons side?

2.Kyon tells Haruhi about the SOS brigades 'unusual' characteristics (Koizumi's an esper, Nagato's an alien, Mikuru's a time traveler). Then Haruhi gets pissed and walks out on him. Big mistake on Kyon's part I think.

3.That cat is awesome
Sep 11, 2009 9:49 PM

Nov 2007
Ah well. Atleast it was a decent ending.

Sep 11, 2009 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, that is definitely Tsuruya. Glad they hinted her involvement in the whole ordeal.

And why have no pictures of Kyon and Koizumi's epic "Shadow Mo's" been posted?

Sep 11, 2009 10:03 PM

Apr 2008
LOL , in the end it is just bunch of weeaboos who have no say in "anything" because they just leech

series is gone.... enjoy your wait for 3 years until disapperance, that is if more fans are still around

as to the fanboys that praise the last couple episodes. that would not make up for the EE .. idiots.

Edit: the most disgusting thing with this is people are satisifed with these episodes because they are comparing them to EE .... which is why .. they are idiots.
Sep 11, 2009 10:31 PM
Mar 2008
Lolol Shamisen. Also Haruhi at the end. Wonder what new stuff is next.
Sep 11, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2009

Sep 11, 2009 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
If this was the end I wasn't impressed. But I'm still always up for new Haruhi material.
Sep 11, 2009 11:53 PM

Sep 2009
What is Tsuruya doing behind the shadows there??
I wonder who Tsuruya really is??
maybe I'll watch Nyoron Churuya-san...
(Is it spelled Tsuyura or Churuya??)
Will I get something out of it??

it was interesting a bit but if it was the ending I'm also not satisfied just like in the first season...
how could a guy bringing back a heater be an ending???

Hmm.... at the end Haruhi and Kyon went out(I do not mean date)....
what did Kyon say to Haruhi that she approved to go out with him(repeat I do not mean a date)
or did he ask her out on a date??
Nah... will never happen...
eternalblade13Sep 12, 2009 12:00 AM

CLICK!!
Sep 12, 2009 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
Most likely she's there because she's waiting for Mikuru. We don't know if she heard their conversation or not. You won't get anything from watching Nyoron Churuya-san, it's just a 4-panel manga/short animated adaption of said character.
Nyoro~n

The ending of season 1 was done that way because instead of making an 'epic' ending they decided to do a boring (yet also entertaining) episode rather than one with a dramatic ending like most animes do. Then again, this is a slice-of-life anime, it didn't feel much out of place. I loved the episode and I watch it now and then a few times. Gives me a little nostalgia feeling. Maybe I should watch Aria The Animation again...
VinhsterrrSep 12, 2009 12:06 AM
Sep 12, 2009 12:05 AM

Sep 2007
SighingSlider said:

And who are these guys? Random useless background characters that Kyon conveniently spots? Or a clever reference to something? :<

I don't remember the lines to clearly but at the end of that scene, Kyon says something that fits exactly what that guy says to the drunk, meaning that Kyon feels similar to that guy picking up a drunk when dealing with someone (Haruhi or Koizumi, don't remember the conversation that much).
Sep 12, 2009 12:56 AM

Jan 2009
That's one heck of a smart cat xD And it's talking in tongues : D
Kyon no imouto : D
And Tsuruya's as awesome as always xD Dunno why, but she's just.. Awesome : p
And Nagato's cool too, when she's explaining ..uuh.. stuff around 11min into the episode : p
Oh well Kyon and Koizumi're pretty cool as well : p
And the warriors running around at random every now and then, were quite fun : p

I think.. I'll have to rewatch the whole thing sometime : o (yes, that includes Endless Eight : 3)

Gotta love the last scene too : D

Edit: forgot something : O
Fabrice said:
OMG i so LOL at Shamisen!! XD
love his vocal xD
Yup, cool cat is cool.. wait.. I said that already : o
OosranOct 21, 2009 12:16 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 12:58 AM

Oct 2008
eternalblade13 said:

what did Kyon say to Haruhi that she approved to go out with him(repeat I do not mean a date)

Read my post on page 4, I just re-watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6, and they do have the same clothes, so in case you don't remember, they were all supossed to meet there but Kyon and Haruhi were the only ones that ended up going.

Edit:

Screencaps from Episode 6/14 Season 1

Screencap from Episode 14 Season 2
megafan999Sep 12, 2009 1:24 AM
Sep 12, 2009 3:42 AM

Aug 2009
Shamisen was great. *love talking cats* xDD

I like Koizumi, 'cause he's so kind and always smiles, but we really don't know what he's thinking. ^^'
Sep 12, 2009 3:59 AM
Nov 2008
This better not be over [ i mean new episodes..not the re-airing ones]...i didn't wait 3 years just to enjoy only 3-4 damn episodes of this..[ endless eight can count as only 1 ep enjoyment..rest crap ]
Sep 12, 2009 4:14 AM

Jul 2009
xxHoshiko said:
Damn, I'm really disappointed if this was really the end and we have to wait another three years for Disappearance. I wish they hadn't wasted so many episodes of the season for Endless End because the first episode and Sighs were actually good. Even though the feeling of the first season didn't really seem to be there until the last two episodes if you ask me...

If actually does come out why do you assume three years?

Takes about 6-9 months to make an episode
Sep 12, 2009 4:27 AM

Jul 2009
megafan999 said:
eternalblade13 said:

Read my post on page 4, I just re-watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6, and they do have the same clothes, so in case you don't remember, they were all supossed to meet there but Kyon and Haruhi were the only ones that ended up going.

Edit:

Hmm interesting find and that explains a few things.
Though I wonder why they decided to throw it in here at the very end.
Sep 12, 2009 4:32 AM

Jan 2009
EternalDreamer said:
megafan999 said:
eternalblade13 said:

Edit:

Might have to do with the timeline, don't you think?: O
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 5:27 AM

Jul 2009
an indication why they decided to pick up the show after 3 years on the 4th month April:
Sep 12, 2009 5:31 AM

Jul 2009
vinesage said:
an indication why they decided to pick up the show after 3 years on the 4th month April:

aha clever
Sep 12, 2009 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
so this the last episode for now?...it has been confirmed that next week we won't have a Haruhi episode??? :(
Sep 12, 2009 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
Oosran said:
EternalDreamer said:
megafan999 said:
eternalblade13 said:

Edit:

Might have to do with the timeline, don't you think?: O

The problem it's that it doesn't even fit in the timeline >_>

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4382/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_2/moreinfo

It would have to be after The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI (which ends with them meeting and Kyon saying he's going to talk about aliens, esperes and time travelers) and in and before The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya, waaaay before Sighs, Maybe they didn't know how to end this one?

Also in one of the novels, it says that Haruhi didn't believe him, but I think it doesn't really show the conversation they had, so it's a nice thing they added it :)
Sep 12, 2009 7:59 AM

Feb 2009
The end of Sigh V is a flashback to the end of Melancholy VI. Originally that part was the prologue to the Sigh novel which came after the Melancholy novel, so it tied the two books together in a way. KyoAni just chose to have that flashback be the epilogue to the Sigh arc instead. It makes more sense as a prologue, though, because you realize why she chose the casting for the movie once you get to that point. I don't think it's as effective to have it at the end, especially since in Sigh II (I think) Kyon says "Was this my fault?" when looking at the casting which probably had been forgotten by most viewers three episodes later.
Sep 12, 2009 8:10 AM

Oct 2008
Heminga13 said:
The end of Sigh V is a flashback to the end of Melancholy VI. Originally that part was the prologue to the Sigh novel which came after the Melancholy novel, so it tied the two books together in a way. KyoAni just chose to have that flashback be the epilogue to the Sigh arc instead. It makes more sense as a prologue, though, because you realize why she chose the casting for the movie once you get to that point. I don't think it's as effective to have it at the end, especially since in Sigh II (I think) Kyon says "Was this my fault?" when looking at the casting which probably had been forgotten by most viewers three episodes later.

Oh, I remember that part now, thanks :) and it WOULD have made more sense as a prologue.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1538 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 8:25 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.