Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 17, 2009 12:08 PM

Nov 2007
About those guys... Koizumi mentioned about underworld war. Well I think that was his friends from "Organization". I don't know why, but when I think about that I have in mind picture of Witcher's and Organization from Claymore.

Sep 17, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
she did believe him why do u think she looked back at the end ..she smiled
Sep 17, 2009 8:24 PM
Dec 2008
so wat aired today??
Episode 00?
Sep 17, 2009 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
nice ep.

Sep 18, 2009 5:25 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs .. the cat can talk xD haha!

Wonder wat is Kyon trying to achieve by telling Haruhi about those three

Sep 19, 2009 3:39 AM

Sep 2009
hopefully when there is a season 3 or if there is im hoping they focus more on the haruhi and kyon relationship

i loved how haruhi waited for kyon right outside the door after yelling at him :)
Sep 19, 2009 9:38 AM

Jul 2008
myztichydra said:
hopefully when there is a season 3 or if there is im hoping they focus more on the haruhi and kyon relationship

i loved how haruhi waited for kyon right outside the door after yelling at him :)

I hope we get a third season.
Sep 19, 2009 3:05 PM
Jul 2008
I wished the "espers, time travelerl, and aliens did not exist" arc occured. A few more episode now til this "season" ends.
Sep 19, 2009 6:37 PM

Apr 2009
Eh, a decent episode for a bad season. At least I got to hear Shamisen speak. Really wanted to see Disappearance animated, though.

Sep 20, 2009 1:57 PM

May 2009
The thing that i was most curious about this episode was about who voiced Shamisen.
Sep 20, 2009 4:55 PM

Oct 2008
Shamisen was pretty funny..

I didn't expect the seiyuu to be an old man...

Don't really get it..
Sep 20, 2009 5:09 PM
Jun 2009
well, the last few episodes were enough to change my hate-rating to a very good rating.
Sep 20, 2009 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
spiderexpert said:
well, the last few episodes were enough to change my hate-rating to a very good rating.

All this whine about Endless Eight.. It wasn't that bad, really O.O It was actually rather good (although I've already said this, a long time ago : 3)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 23, 2009 6:04 PM
May 2008
Alright episode and overall had a decent amount of humor with plot. I guess that's it for season two then, it wasn't much of a season though and I'm actually rather disappointed.

If the season is over then I'd give it a 7/10.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 23, 2009 6:16 PM
Dec 2008
so whats after Episode 00?
im assuming Live A Live, Day of Sagittarius, and Someday in the Rain will finish up the episodes?
Sep 23, 2009 6:26 PM

Feb 2009
kaena said:
so whats after Episode 00?
im assuming Live A Live, Day of Sagittarius, and Someday in the Rain will finish up the episodes?

Most likely.
Sep 24, 2009 5:45 PM
Dec 2008
so wat aired today?
anyone know>?
Sep 24, 2009 8:37 PM

Feb 2009
I missed the live airing but pretty sure it was Live Alive based on some posts elsewhere.
Sep 26, 2009 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
Shamisen <333

Good ep.

Oct 2, 2009 10:16 PM

Feb 2008
This season was crap.
Just because they did well last season doesn't mean they can slack off in the second season and make a pile of poo.

Apparently its not over and the last 3 episodes are just the first 3 episodes of the first season.
Now I would ask " how can these idiots get away with making such a bad anime with the same episode running over and over and finishing it with the first episode of the last season?"

Then I realize that's a stupid question and of course their allowed to get away with that because people will still buy the piece of crap once it comes to dvd and they know it.

Lets just put it this way, I can count the number of scenes in this anime that I really liked on one hand. to be exact, I liked 3 scenes in total.
Oct 2, 2009 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
archonflux said:
This season was crap.
Just because they did well last season doesn't mean they can slack off in the second season and make a pile of poo.

Apparently its not over and the last 3 episodes are just the first 3 episodes of the first season.
Now I would ask " how can these idiots get away with making such a bad anime with the same episode running over and over and finishing it with the first episode of the last season?"

Then I realize that's a stupid question and of course their allowed to get away with that because people will still buy the piece of crap once it comes to dvd and they know it.

Lets just put it this way, I can count the number of scenes in this anime that I really liked on one hand. to be exact, I liked 3 scenes in total.

cool story bro
Oct 3, 2009 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
game8910 said:
archonflux said:
This season was crap.

cool story bro
Yeah, because saying this second season was totally "Fucking Good" is true.

Cool story bro.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 3, 2009 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
Mikiyo said:
game8910 said:
archonflux said:
This season was crap.

cool story bro

Cool story bro.

Cool story bro.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 3, 2009 4:03 PM

May 2008
Hated this season, the only episode I liked what the Bamboo Rhapsody
Oct 3, 2009 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
Mikiyo said:
game8910 said:
archonflux said:
This season was crap.

cool story bro

Cool story bro.

dont remember saying that, but cool story bro
Oct 6, 2009 11:10 AM
Sep 2009
i loved this so much, and i really hope kyons sister gets more screentime from now on
Oct 10, 2009 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
I loved the ending...Haruhi's reactions and actions are hilarious!!! :D
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 11, 2009 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
Ending seemed rushed but overall good episode.
Oct 11, 2009 7:17 PM

Sep 2008
i seriously hope they have a new season and make it ultra awesome even if they have to make stuff up to please the fans! like a triangle drama b/w kyon, haruhi, and mikuru. i wouldn't mind cuz this just left me so empty. i mean they get to the REAL interesting part and the season ends. who's the liar? who is mikuru REALLY? oh well i shouldn't get my hopes up. they were totally murdered in season 2 -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 9:43 PM
Dec 2008
i guess this episode was alright
Oct 13, 2009 8:55 PM

Apr 2008
Come to think of it, this 2009 series actually made me hate Haruhi. Ironic in a way. I used to love Haruhi, but now I can't stand her. Oh well.
Oct 29, 2009 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
Grimmm said:
Come to think of it, this 2009 series actually made me hate Haruhi. Ironic in a way. I used to love Haruhi, but now I can't stand her. Oh well.

yep i feel the same way. her true selfishness and annoyance come out on this season. and the same with itsuki. he was my fave but God is he annoying!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Sep 2008
The talking cat was funny.

OMG that was funny. Kyon told Haruhi that Nagato, Asahina, and Koizumi were the Alien, Time Traveler, and Esper and she STILL DIDN'T believe him.

It reminded me that in the Dissapperence of Haruhi, after the world has been changed, Kyon is talking to the cat, hoping it will talk back, but it doesn't.
Nov 6, 2009 8:20 PM
Sep 2009
vrockchick89 said:
Grimmm said:

yep i feel the same way. her true selfishness and annoyance come out on this season. and the same with itsuki. he was my fave but God is he annoying!

I didn't really hate her, more like annoyed...

I think the first season gave us an idea of what haruhi is(God, Source of Auto evolution, etc) and her character. The second season (Endless and Sighs) showed us what she is capable of like altering time lines and putting into reality what she thinks of. At the same time, it also showed us that she still has a grasp of reality(highlighted by haruhi rejecting kyon's suggestion about the real identities of the 3) and that she's just like any other girl (getting all jealous with Mikuru and Kyon getting along so well and maybe subconciously torturing her because of it). Which makes me love her even more...

All in all, I would say an excellent effort by Kyoani to deliver the story of the Haruhi light novels.

I'm predicting another season of Haruhi after the Disappearance movie since there is still enough material for 12 to 14 EP series (possible 24?). And then maybe another movie or OVAs for the yet unfinished lightnovel.

5/5 for the EP
9/10 for the Series
brayniboyNov 6, 2009 8:32 PM
Nov 22, 2009 2:44 AM
Oct 2007
Ending almost made up for Endless Eight....almost.

Good end to what was on the whole a disappointing series, mostly due to the whole Endless Eight saga. However, this certainly hasn't turned me away from the series like it has some other people because, really, every other episode was just as good as the first series.

Can't wait for the movie - still have full faith that KyoAni will make it top notch.
Nov 24, 2009 3:33 AM
Aug 2009
lol yeah!!
SHAMISEN TALK!!
lol that's reaaaaaally cool!!!

i'm really waiting for this "talking shamisen episodes" and it's really cool XD

and yeah, the dwarf thing is stupid lol
btw what are they really are? why they gone?
is it because haruhi power?
i a bit don't understand about it lol
Dec 25, 2009 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
So now we wait until disappearance?
Dec 31, 2009 5:34 AM
Nov 2009
Does anyone else find this show very anticlimactic? ^_^ Nothing all that much really happens during the series, so you think it must be leading up to somethin big, and then it just...doesn't ^_^ Oh well, it is good anyway!

Koizumi was a little scary in this episode, wasn't he? 3:

Hope the next series goes more into detail about their individual theories about Haruhi, and their theories about each other (Mikuru finding Koizumi untrustworthy, Koizumi thinking that Mikuru has alterior motives for her friendship with Kyon)! :D Looking forward to that!

Jan 17, 2010 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
Eh, Endless Eight aside, the rest of the episodes weren't that great. You got "OMFG PLOT?" then repetition, then drama, then the end. 6/10.

I'm expecting the movie to be decent though.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Feb 17, 2010 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
It was turning out to be a great episode but the ending itself turned out to be a little outta place from me considering the flow of the 28 episodes. Actually it seems to fit more with that being the actual ending confrontation where he said he planned to tell her these things.
Feb 19, 2010 10:35 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder what Yuki and Misuzu meant by not trusting Koizumi...

Gah, amazing episode! I don't want it to end. ;__; I need disappearance, naaaooo!

BTW, talking cat made me lol.

Haruhi 2009: 8.5/10
Feb 19, 2010 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Probably about the same as Koizumi meant by not trusing the others ^^
Feb 19, 2010 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Jumperboy333 said:

They were... joking?
Feb 19, 2010 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Oosran said:
Jumperboy333 said:
They were... joking?
Uh. No I don't thinks so : |
More like.. They come from different factions, a'ight? So they tell Kyon not to trust the other faction too much, a'ight?
Feb 19, 2010 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Jumperboy333 said:
Oosran said:
Jumperboy333 said:
They were... joking?
Uh. No I don't thinks so : |
More like.. They come from different factions, a'ight? So they tell Kyon not to trust the other faction too much, a'ight?

Oh, ehehe. XD Didn't think of that yet... :'D
I still trust Misuzu and Yuki more though. Koizumi's too... smooth. He creeps me out. D:
Feb 22, 2010 2:34 AM

Jun 2008
Grimmm said:

same here. In the first season I kinda liked her personality, but now she's just annoying. She's too selfish.

I liked this episode. Koizumi was as always cool :D I really like him. I'm curious to know how he acts with his true personality :P
The ending was funny. Kyon telling Haruhi that Yuki is an alien, Mikuru a time traveler and Itsuki an esper. But she doesn't believe him xD
Haruhi: "Don't screw with me!"
I'd like to know how she would act knowing the truth and what i would cause.

Okay gonna watch The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya as soon as possible.

Also I want a 3rd season.
Mar 30, 2010 10:16 PM

Aug 2006
Frankly, this episode annoyed me. Doing the whole "you don't know what we're saying is true" thing is just cheap. And knowing the series, it'll probably never actually be explained what's really happening. Though to be honest, IMO, Mikuru and Koizumi's theories are both stupid and most logical people would be more inclined to believe Nagato, if any of them. I would have told Mikuru and Koizumi to fuck off after that crap. I also find it annoying that after deciding they need to do something to convince Haruhi of what is fact and what is fiction, they then all just go home and then a few days later Koizumi gives it to Kyon to deal with. If it were really something so important, shouldn't they be staying up all night together trying to figure out what to do? And if Kyon really wanted to spill the beans to Haruhi, seems to me it would have been possible with a little more effort instead of "oh, she, unlike how everyone would think, didn't believe me the first time, so oh well". I would have done that, incidentally, cause what Mikuru and Koizumi said would have really pissed me off. I'm definitely going to have to read the manga and/or the novels to figure out what's what.

Also, should I be proud of myself for thinking of Koizumi's idea to have it all be a dream before he said it? Kyon's idea in the end was pretty brilliant, though.

I think it's going to take me a long time to decide what to rate this season..
Apr 21, 2010 4:40 AM
Jan 2009
I couldn't stop laughing @ the cat
May 2, 2010 11:44 AM
Nov 2007
Kyon is the god!!!!
May 3, 2010 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
shamisen was so damn kawaii and funny!! XD
now i've seen how they made the movie i want to see it XD.
and that ending with kyon saying everything wow, haruhi is so difficult XD
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1538 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 8:25 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.