Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 4:12 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Good visuals but not impressed by the first episode. As long as the focus is mostly the games, it will be fine.
Apr 9, 2014 4:13 PM
Apr 2012
This show is just so damm good. i cant believe i saw the translated novel and not read it for so long, but at this point ill just be spoilers for me=(
Apr 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
I feel this show will be one of my fav
Is me the only one who look forword to the blueray version I'm sure the color will be better
For all the complaints about score it's the first ep=the first impression
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
very interesting concept and very nice unique arts, but i dont like the hentai stuff. would be better without it.
Apr 9, 2014 4:43 PM
Mar 2014
Shiro's voice is adorable!
Apr 9, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
I could do without all the boobies and pantie shots, but this anime is awesome after just the first episode. Shiro and Sora's sibling relationship is cute. And I think it's safe to say that it wont be incestuous, thanks to the age difference. THANK GOD
Apr 9, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
except for a few pantie shots.

and thats hentai, u know? and thats imo not neccessary for this kind of story. that stupid young-imouto-sexobject-stuff, too.
Apr 9, 2014 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
Naoki-Saten said:
Did any of you guys notice? It says the main character has a communication disorder. And yet he could converse with all these people who stood before his very eyes pretty naturally, even pulling off some negotiations and the like.
He did not talk to them via computer screen or anything. He had all these people right before his very eyes. Unless he was considering every single person he was talking to an NPC (the "Villager A" kind), I'm really curious how he could display such high level social skills despite his communication disorder.

Just watch the next episode. It should clear up a few things...

Hongu said:
Oh great, more generic pandering ecchi garbage for pedophiles, cowtit lovers, and absolutely no substance to speak of.
How the fuck does this shit already have an 8.36 rating?

Oh great... Another moron, who can't see more than the cover of a book...
Apr 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
For god's sake there is a ECCHI tag for a reason.
The novel has it share of gorgeous fanservice:
Warning: NSFM

Remember, the anime staff is the one who decides how much skin goes on the screen.
The show is airing on AT-X.

Don't come trashing it later.

Mod Note: NSFM guidelines must be followed when posting NSFM material in a forum, profile or club.Spoiler Tags and warning added.
rodacApr 9, 2014 6:27 PM
Apr 9, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2012
BlueShadow40 said:
I think im gonna love this one...

We have another OP chatacter here wwwww

So many lolis in this season...the battle of lolis has begin...

xD

^LOLOL the battle of lolis. That really made me laugh.

But she is indeed very cute.
Apr 9, 2014 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
hope the show will rank #1 soon.
I mean that's the best show since 10 years at least
Apr 9, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2013
Kalisto said:
I could do without all the boobies and pantie shots, but this anime is awesome after just the first episode. Shiro and Sora's sibling relationship is cute. And I think it's safe to say that it wont be incestuous, thanks to the age difference. THANK GOD
Don't doubt Japan. Ever.
Apr 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
I've been waiting forever for something similar to "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?". Nice first episode, one of the better shows so far, way to many kiddy shows this season (Anime Marvel:Avengers seriously...). I like the how all the art blends in nice together and the protagonist cocky attitude, but not smug and overbearing, easily reminds me so much of Izayoi from "Problem Children". When they fell from the sky and we seen the world it kind of had an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it

Only Complaint, I don't really like the quiet tone of the heroines voice. Another thing I'm kind of unsure if Tet is really a boy with that heart sticker on his face and the pink getup.
Apr 9, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
PWJP said:
Kalisto said:
Don't doubt Japan. Ever.

I don't feel safe any more. :<
Apr 9, 2014 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
PWJP said:
Kalisto said:
Don't doubt Japan. Ever.
I won't even complain if it does happen.

Though I hope it doesn't. It'd be a breath of fresh air to see close siblings that don't have any incestous feelings for each other.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 9, 2014 5:34 PM
Mar 2014
I love the different animation style however the plot isnt that great to me
Sora is kinda cute
Apr 9, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2010
I'm looking forward to this anime the most this season, except for Fairy Tail. I absolutely love the bright colors and the character design + the new "game" world.

The story seems pretty cool to me, a lot better than another NEET anime about outlaws who try to fit in our society, there are enough anime like that so this is a fresh breath of air.

I do wonder if they'll explain why the siblings are so close and where their parents are, like if they died when the big brother was very young and he had to take care of his little sister it's kind of understandable though I do wonder if there'll be incest/hints toward it?

The only thing that bugs me is that that pink haired girl is listed as maiin character, I'm just praying it won't turn into a comedy where the 3 of them spend their days playng useless games, I do hope they'll add her properly to the plot and not as comedy relieve or moe character.

Ah well we'll see in the next episodes, I can't wait.
Apr 9, 2014 5:39 PM
Jul 2013
GreenDrag said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Did any of you guys notice? It says the main character has a communication disorder. And yet he could converse with all these people who stood before his very eyes pretty naturally, even pulling off some negotiations and the like.
He did not talk to them via computer screen or anything. He had all these people right before his very eyes. Unless he was considering every single person he was talking to an NPC (the "Villager A" kind), I'm really curious how he could display such high level social skills despite his communication disorder.

Just watch the next episode. It should clear up a few things...

Can you please tell us now because I am really on a brink of dropping this anime since it really is full of naive kids wanting their own fantasy world. Add it with some fanservice. So yeah, I need some kind of explanation about his communication disorder and how the hell can you he communicate so well like it is nothing. You can put it in a spoiler tag. So please please....
Apr 9, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
That was pretty interesting for a first episode and more enjoyable than I thought.

I can wait to learn more about this game world that Shiro and Sora are living in.
Apr 9, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2013
Now, this is my kind of anime!
One of my favorite kinds!
All them mind games.

Sora and Shiro really know how to play video games...and how to be NEETs/shut-ins(Please do not follow their example. School and work is still important.)
I like the character style. It brings flair to my eyes.
That royal straight flush that instantly took the victory, though Sora's opponent doesn't put up much of a poker face, did she?

Anyway, I'm most likely going to be enjoying this anime through and through.
So, most definitely looking forward to the next episode! :3
Apr 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2010
Interesting premise. Though the saturation is a little difficult on the eyes. Better than some of the other first episodes I've seen so far.
Apr 9, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
Feels like SAO episode 1 with a mix of other action shows like Phi Brain and Kamisama Memochou. Nice. Although, the ecchi is a big turn off for me, I can overlook that. Started off pretty well even with the flaws there. Hope for consistent quality!
Apr 9, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
I liked this! A lot! I was like, "Oh, they must be Queen." Nope. Hah, plot change.

I don't like the ecchi or the obnoxiously bright colors, but I still think I'll really love this show.

Control four characters with your two feet and hands. Pft.
Apr 9, 2014 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
It was an interresting start.

The art style is really nice to the eyes. The character design is also original, even though they obviously use it to boost the fanservice :P
I like how even after sleeping, the brother still have dark circles under the eyes xD

That was... an unexpected visit. She is going straight with seduction to get a service uh?

So much incest innuendo. dis gon b good »:3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 9, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
Finally...

Great start, better than I expected
Apr 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
oh forgot, huehue brbr
Apr 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2013
That was fantastic. Atsuko Ishizuka is one of the most visually powerful directors around and this is a fantastic show for her.
Apr 9, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Ineptia said:
I'm not sure how long this series will remain interesting. I can't see the climatic matches being decided by anything other than luck assuming it won't be a cake walk from beginning to end. Low expectations right now, probably for the best.

And yet Sora declares that there is no game decided by luck. And he proves it.
Apr 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Jun 2012
Quite nice first episode. Visually, it's great. Now, that was mostly an introduction on the world and to see how badass the characters are. Reminds me of Mondaiji, I'm expecting this to be quite good.
Apr 9, 2014 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
Kalisto said:
PWJP said:
Kalisto said:
Don't doubt Japan. Ever.

I don't feel safe any more. :<
i need an adult ;-;

Last season was shit CG now this season is a shit ton of lolis besides that i really liked this thought my Wednesdays would be boring but now i have something to look forward to

plus all dem pretty colors(little to pretty MY eyes!) thought this was done by JC.Staff was surprised when i found out madhouse was working on this

got Mondaiji vibes which is good even if this show didn't have any of the fanservice it wouldn't had taken away from my interest but hey they need something to sell right?
Apr 9, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
Woo that was fun, can't wait for the next one
Apr 9, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

and thats hentai, u know? and thats imo not neccessary for this kind of story. that stupid young-imouto-sexobject-stuff, too.

What? Do you even know the definition of the word "Hentai"? Not even close to it.
Apr 9, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not particularly a fan of ecchi but I don't mind it if it's toned down like it is in this show so far and doesn't get focused on more on than the plot. The first episode was really fun and I'll definitely keep watching.
Apr 9, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

What? Do you even know the definition of the word "Hentai"? Not even close to it.

This is tagged "ecchi". It's not even remotely close to "hentai". But still the fan service is inevitable since it's ecchi and it ain't ecchi w/ no fan service. So either get used to it or drop it. Your call.
Apr 9, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2008
What a pile of dogshit.
Apr 9, 2014 7:06 PM

Dec 2012
Very vibrant colors, premise is similar to Problem Children, and characters were cool. I am liking this show a lot. Keep it coming Madhouse
Apr 9, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2010
swordstriker21 said:
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

This is tagged "ecchi". It's not even remotely close to "hentai". But still the fan service is inevitable since it's ecchi and it ain't ecchi w/ no fan service. So either get used to it or drop it. Your call.

The ecchi moments in this episode weren't even that bad. Hardly enough to warrant an eye roll, especially compared to other ecchi's.

Though I demand a reason as to why the girl at the end knocked on Sora's door completely naked. Perhaps the only purpose of that scene was fan service. At least she was covered up! :P

I wont complain about the ecchi here because it's honestly not that bad. The anime itself deserves to be watched and I don't think people should drop it over such a silly reason such as boobies/panties. I'm a slightly modest viewer and I wasn't bothered.
Apr 9, 2014 7:08 PM

Nov 2010
This anime is going to be great. Most likely going to be the anime of the season.
Apr 9, 2014 7:11 PM

Dec 2013
lol at the next ep prev. Nevertheless, you can always trust anime with a seinen tag
Apr 9, 2014 7:14 PM
Apr 2014
ah... this was an echi anime?
didnt know....
but anyways nice start.
though a bit confused with the relationship between the siblings
Apr 9, 2014 7:14 PM
Aug 2012
SanDavid said:
This anime is going to be great. Most likely going to be the anime of the season.

I'm on board with this ^^

this one is looking like it'll be really fun
Apr 9, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2010
i crei when I saw the ecchi tag.
Apr 9, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
Kalisto said:
swordstriker21 said:
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

The ecchi moments in this episode weren't even that bad. Hardly enough to warrant an eye roll, especially compared to other ecchi's.

Though I demand a reason as to why the girl at the end knocked on Sora's door completely naked. Perhaps the only purpose of that scene was fan service. At least she was covered up! :P

I wont complain about the ecchi here because it's honestly not that bad. The anime itself deserves to be watched and I don't think people should drop it over such a silly reason such as boobies/panties. I'm a slightly modest viewer and I wasn't bothered.

I think it's because she lost the bet therefore losing her clothes and w/e else.
TyrelApr 9, 2014 7:33 PM
Apr 9, 2014 7:28 PM

Mar 2014
A shut in NEET with a highly philisophical viewpoint about their society.
Adorable little sister.
Intelligent little sister.
Amazing hetero-chromatic eyes that god has.
Near death experience. Dragon!
Colorful world!
Willing to bet your life huh?

Apr 9, 2014 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing like a crotch panty shot of an 11 year old girl to put something on my drop list pretty quick.

Main character seems to have SAO superman main character disease. The stinger has already set up another classic anime cliche.

But nothing this season has piqued my interest for real yet so il give it another shot. Maybe it will be dumb fun like SAO.
Apr 9, 2014 7:30 PM

Feb 2014
dmrch said:
Am I the only one who think the purple and pink colours are too strong in this anime? And I noticed that the brother was introduced as a virgin, but the sister was not mentioned about it. What's happened?

Anyway, this first episode was so good. I will watch the next.

Well I mean she is only 11 years old...there is only SO much you can get away with in Japan haha.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
Apr 9, 2014 7:32 PM
Nov 2013
Very nice colors and visuals, good sound. If wasn't for the production values the show would be pretty bad, I guess. Technically is very good, but the anime itself is pure bullshit. Everything is forced, nothing special about the characters. Honestly, I think a 5/10 is a pretty good score for this, I'm being nice.
Apr 9, 2014 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
JoksPacifist said:
For god's sake there is a ECCHI tag for a reason.
The novel has it share of gorgeous fanservice:
Warning: NSFM

Remember, the anime staff is the one who decides how much skin goes on the screen.
The show is airing on AT-X.

Don't come trashing it later.

<3 BEAUTIFUL <3 "cries"
ichii_1Apr 9, 2014 7:38 PM
Apr 9, 2014 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Amazing first episode. I was hooked as soon as it started. This might be one of the best show this season if it continues like this.

I love the two main characters so far. Sora is awesome and Shiro is cute as hell.

I like how Madhouse is doing two shows this season with siblings as the main characters: No Game No Life and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

9/10 to start. I'm looking forward to next week.
Apr 9, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2008
This is like a much better version of Mondaiji-tachi.

Great start. Better than I expected. Hope it doesn't degenerate into constant fan service in later episodes.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.