Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
My first thought is "Hagure Yuusha x SAO with loli imouto".
Sora and Shiro are just so OP its unbelievable.
And I like some fanservice here and there so...will continue to follow.
Though I don't really like these colours, they seem to be a bit extreme at times.
Apr 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
Z4k said:
I swear I've seen an anime like this before but forgot the name. It had the same kind of story.

Probably "Mondaiji tachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desuyo!?"

I don't get why there's so much hate for this.
I personnaly really liked the start, even thought it's a bit to much like mondaijitachi^^

^^Yep thats the one
This first episode was interesting
Apr 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
COLORS
(also Madhouse <3)

Probably as the closest thing to Mondaiji we will get. Which is fine by me!
SuitedupApr 9, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 9, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 2014
I understand why some people would be turned off by the blatant fanservice (I'm not myself, but what do you expect from a guy with a nickname like mine). Thankfully, NGNL has an interesting story, and some of the upcoming games / matches are going to be pretty damn epic!

Apr 9, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2012
In a weak season, this episode showed the most potential for developing into something enjoyable. Will like to see where this is going to go. Next episode will probably be a revenge match against the cheaters, which in turn will spark so further adventures, so I think the story is set for the next three or four episodes, will have to see where it goes from there.

Don't mind the fan service, just as long as it is kept in proportion and doesn't distract from the story telling too much.

As for this being like Mondaitachi, I don't think so. The problem I had with that series was that the dude was too strong and the two girls with him ultimately were not, whereas with the premise all three should have been near equally as strong. Here Shiro and Sora have well defined skill sets that compliment each other and these were defined at the very beginning with the chess game (Shiro handles the human side of a game, while Sora does the straight skill stuff), so already this show is much better at laying the groundwork for how the characters will interact and the show will progress. Plus I really do enjoy the interaction between the siblings, quasi incestuous tones aside, they do interact like very close siblings who really do understand the others strength and weakness. It will be interesting to see how this develops as the characters they interact with become more real.
Apr 9, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2011
I'm not sure how long this series will remain interesting. I can't see the climatic matches being decided by anything other than luck assuming it won't be a cake walk from beginning to end. Low expectations right now, probably for the best.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Apr 9, 2014 1:31 PM
Apr 2013
This just might be the best episode I've seen of this season so far with the worst eps going to Mahouka, Captain Earth, Dragonar Academy, Coffin princess Chaika, Blade and Soul, Black Bullet and Soredemo Sekai wa Utskushi.

Wow...that's a lot of bad first episodes.

Still waiting on M3, Ping Pong and Knights of Sidonia o save this season!

(and Date A Live 2... don't judge me).

Apr 9, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
From what I have seen up to know this look like the most promising Anime for me this season.

I simply love these calm calculating characters and we even have two of them as MC. Nice. I hope they are not going to ruin this Anime.
Apr 9, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
samesdday said:
Korrvo said:
no it wouldn't go away

Didn't mean to disrupt your masturbation session
There is no disruption for when I'm in the zone

your opinion just hurt my delicate little feelings and you should feel ashamed
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 9, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
great introduction, the plot seems to be very good
liked the characters and voices
had a lot of information in the first episode, but already has an idea of how the anime will be
has everything to be one of the best of the season, it only remains to wait and see
_______

ótima introdução, o enredo parece ser muito bom
gostei dos personagens e das vozes
teve muita informação no primeiro episódio, mas já deu uma ideia de como o anime será
tem tudo para ser um dos melhores da temporada, só resta esperar para ver
Apr 9, 2014 1:35 PM
Mar 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
As for this being like Mondaitachi, I don't think so. The problem I had with that series was that the dude was too strong and the two girls with him ultimately were not, whereas with the premise all three should have been near equally as strong.

Another problem IMHO was Izayoi's power being plain boring. He could just super-punch stuff into oblivion with no explanation given as to how he acquired that ability, and no strategy is ever needed when you're just that much stronger than your enemies.

In NGNL, the main characters only have their (admittedly overpowered) intellect, while their opponents possess all sorts of supernatural abilities.
Apr 9, 2014 1:37 PM
Oct 2012
Ineptia said:
I'm not sure how long this series will remain interesting. I can't see the climatic matches being decided by anything other than luck assuming it won't be a cake walk from beginning to end. Low expectations right now, probably for the best.

I was thinking that, but remember you can cheat as well, that makes this a totally different series and far more interesting. I think we are going to see a bunch of different situations where the pair figure out how the other side cheats and then takes advantage of this to win. Plus luck does have a place in many games, but not all games: this is why they started with the chess game - there is no luck nor the ability to cheat in chess (one cannot even more the pieces around because being good at chess requires that you know exactly where all your opponents pieces are on the board), so the author very quickly established that the siblings have more than luck, they have total skills as well. This bodes well for the series, as it shows that the writer has a clear understanding of where s/he wants to go.

In all this show is most reminding me of Liar's Game, and that manga had enough material for 3 seasons, so I have little doubts that the writer here can make at least one season interesting.
Apr 9, 2014 1:41 PM
Apr 2013
Tsundere said:
Lolis
Imoutos
Big boobed sluts
Loser neets
Colors that blind me

.......uh no thanks.

HAHAHAHA!

"colours that blind me" he says...

Apr 9, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
HIGH expectations for this, the manga was really interesting and funny and the Light Novel was sooooo awesome xD
Can't wait for more..

10/10

Oct 2012
Didn’t think I’d like this as much as I did. Pretty enjoyable episode, decent MC’s, nice art. Seems promising.

Nov 2012
Pretty cool start though I really doubt people that smart would be just interested in games. The mains are a bit too overpowered but oh well at least the main male isn't another wuss.
I'll keep watching

Apr 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
Loved it. Can't wait for the next!
Apr 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
Ho. Ly. Fuck.

I'm absolutely speechless after that first episode.

This is probably going to be my favourite anime that will ever exist.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 9, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Haha awesome first episode.
Hasn't disappointed me, really liked it.
Steph appears again at end of ep :)
Can't wait to see the next ep XDXD
Apr 9, 2014 1:53 PM
Apr 2013
It really was pretty surprising. Didn't think I'd like this show, Brynhildr in the Darkness or Akuma no Riddle yet they're the shows I'll probably be anticipating every week now.

Dat oppai...

Sep 2013
"I'm sure they're really smart" That made me chuckle especially with the boing sound effect :P

Best brother and sister ever! I'm jealous of their computer.

"This game is total crap!" Lawl

Damn that was an epic first episode and I liked the look of the next episode preview.

Apr 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Ineptia said:

I was thinking that, but remember you can cheat as well, that makes this a totally different series and far more interesting. I think we are going to see a bunch of different situations where the pair figure out how the other side cheats and then takes advantage of this to win. Plus luck does have a place in many games, but not all games: this is why they started with the chess game - there is no luck nor the ability to cheat in chess (one cannot even more the pieces around because being good at chess requires that you know exactly where all your opponents pieces are on the board), so the author very quickly established that the siblings have more than luck, they have total skills as well. This bodes well for the series, as it shows that the writer has a clear understanding of where s/he wants to go.

In all this show is most reminding me of Liar's Game, and that manga had enough material for 3 seasons, so I have little doubts that the writer here can make at least one season interesting.

I think the element of cheating will really only exist in unofficial or less important matches (if anyone has read the source material, no need to spoil it and tell me otherwise). In the beginning, the siblings defeated the players who cheated so I doubt the author really intends to end major battles with cheating. The major matches will likely end with equal skill on both sides, but the author will likely use mind games (or abusing the god's rules) to justify one side winning over the other, but I'm speculating luck will be the go-to reason given for their inevitable losses. But over-thinking how the author will plan out the series is probably the worst thing to do on the first episode, so I'll just wait and see how it goes.
Apr 9, 2014 2:02 PM
Oct 2012
Ineptia said:
I think the element of cheating will really only exist in unofficial or less important matches

I don't think so, remember how the cheating rule read, that was a huge friggin loophole that the Gaming God obviously wanted to be there, so cheating will definitely be a part, as will the ability to detect cheating and using that to one's advantage.

I haven't read the novels, but will probably do so after this season is over, I just looked at the titles about 1 minute ago and loved them, this gives me even more hope for the series. Spoiler has titles only, but since they could conceivably suggest where this show is heading.
Apr 9, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely one of the best first episodes of the season. This has potential to be magnificent.

I find it interesting that people are watching an anime tagged as "ecchi" and complaining about the fanservice, did you forget what ecchi meant?

Shiro is the best loli of the season so far, hands down. I was afraid I'd get stuck with Enju as the season's best, her annoying outweighs her cute, so this is very refreshing. Hoorah Shiro!

I would have liked to have been shown exactly how Sora was cheating in the card game for the money, instead of just told after the fact, but hopefully that won't be a recurring theme. Stephanie showing up in the sheet probably signals that even tho Sora told her about the cheating, she probably still lost everything she had and wants Blank to help her get back at the cheaters. Should be fun.

So far this one is right up there with Brynhildr in the Darkness, my list toppers for the season so far.

I'll give this episode an 8/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
Seemed better than I expected, I'm just not sure if I like the animation. Just hope the ecchi doesn't get too bad, but it was very tame for this ep.
Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
Godly ep. cant wait for the next one. xd
Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Ineptia said:
I think the element of cheating will really only exist in unofficial or less important matches

I don't think so, remember how the cheating rule read, that was a huge friggin loophole that the Gaming God obviously wanted to be there, so cheating will definitely be a part, as will the ability to detect cheating and using that to one's advantage.

I only think cheating won't be the deciding factor for major matches because if they have relatively equal skill, they should both be able to tell when the other side is cheating or at least know of the methods to cheat. I doubt the siblings would pull off a complex enough cheat unless they were able to recruit more members but they seem a bit too tight-knit for that. The cheating rule is a huge loophole but I'm betting rule 5 "The right of the challenged party to decide the rules of the game" to be the most abused in the major matches. But I hope it doesn't end with who has the best lawyer.
IneptiaApr 9, 2014 2:23 PM
Apr 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
I really hope this isn't going to turn out like Mondaiji-tachi, impressive and immersing beginning and then an empty nutshell ... Well, liking it so far
Apr 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
So many annoying lolis this season...
Apr 9, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
One of my favorite in terms of 1st episode this season so far.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 9, 2014 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
Great first episode, never had expectations so this really shocked me.
Apr 9, 2014 2:34 PM
Nov 2009
Great start. I'm reallly enjoying the visuals and the main character seems likable. Looking forward to the next episode :)

"No game, no wife"
Apr 9, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't have a ton of expectations but I was looking forward to this show and it was better than I thought it would have been. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the visuals. Looking forward to more for sure
Apr 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
fuck yes after months of waiting its already her and I LOVE IT. Strong first episode I really like characters who are already strong at the start of an anime
Apr 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
Interesting. Whoa they played 4 characters simulanously hahah. Looking forward to more.
Apr 9, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Did any of you guys notice? It says the main character has a communication disorder. And yet he could converse with all these people who stood before his very eyes pretty naturally, even pulling off some negotiations and the like.
He did not talk to them via computer screen or anything. He had all these people right before his very eyes. Unless he was considering every single person he was talking to an NPC (the "Villager A" kind), I'm really curious how he could display such high level social skills despite his communication disorder.
Apr 9, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
So far so good. Probably will be the one of the popular series this season.
Apr 9, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
Oh man Shiro... another kawaii Loli ftw. I'm hoping that this series would turn out very successful. I think that this anime has a lot of potential and hopefully it'll bring it out. Also, the voice actor for Kirito is Sora!! That is so awesome, and I've noticed he's already done two "video" game style games with SAO coming up this summer. Oh another thing to bring out would be that Shiro's voice actress is also the same one for Inori from Guilty Crown so its very awesome to hear her voice again :D

Hopefully this'll be a great series and I'm pretty thrilled with the first episode and at how cute Shiro is. 5/5 for this first episode of it from me. XD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
This is interesting. At first, I thought it was going to be boring. But when they went to the new world, its got interesting as to see how life works through games. I find Shiro so adorable XD.

However, what was up with that ending and Sora smiling like mad? Do they want to beat that world or something?
Apr 9, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Apr 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Dec 2011
Seems like I found another season favorite and it also reminds me of "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?".
Sora and Shiro look really cool and they're very good at games and cheating as it would seem.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
A very good episode
Likeable protagonists and exciting setting
and is it just me or Ai Kayano and Yoshitsuku Matsuoka's voices really fit each other? I love this combo
Ep 2 can't come fast enough
Apr 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
This was an amazing first episode.

The new world the blank siblings live in is going to be turned on its head.

Great episode!!!
Apr 9, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this one's going straight to the top of my list along with Brynhildr in the Darkness. Amazing first episode, interesting premise, and as others have pointed out, striking coincidences with Sword Art Online's overpowered main character's voice actor and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou's same voice actors for Sorata and Mashiro.
Apr 9, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
Okay start,I guess.Don't really like Sora and Shiro tbh.

The vivid colors seem hideous/blinding imo.And the character designs aren't that good either.Hopefully it won't take too long to get use to them.

Not really much to say this seems quite forgettable.
Apr 9, 2014 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
Absolutely love it. People complaining about being "ecchi and for pedophiles" need to get their brain checked. There was hardly anything like that except for a few pantie shots.

Anyway, good episode.
TyrelApr 9, 2014 4:01 PM
Apr 9, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
...God damn, this was better than I expected. It's interesting, full of potential, and the art is GORGEOUS. I hope Sora isn't another Kirito, though.
Apr 9, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Shiro Kawaii.... Reminds me of Fear from C³
Apr 9, 2014 4:05 PM

Dec 2013
Visuals were drop-dead gorgeous. It was like being on a sugar high AND a LSD trip. BOOOM
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Apr 9, 2014 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
I was really hyped for this because of the AMAZINGGGGG first trailer. I was really hoping that song would be the opening or something, but it's not -__- The animation is beautiful, and the soundtrack is great too (except I wish the amazing trailer song was the OP or ED gahh). Fantasy anime is usually REALLY good, or just bla, so hopefully this is really good!
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.