Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2015 1:54 AM

Dec 2014
Cheddarchet said:
TheHonestThief said:
Though we haven't seen a lot from her, I'm hopping on board the Erina ship. The way Soma just gives zero fucks about her more cold side makes for a really amusing relationship. I hope to see more in the upcoming chapters!

This. I'm usually not a fan of the tsundere archetype, but Souma's apathy towards her cold attitude makes for some amusing moments between the two of them.

Although I do think a re-do on this poll might be in order soon... Quite a few of these characters didn't get a chance to shine until very recently.

Agreed. I am pretty torn though. I actually like the idea of pairing Soma with a lot of these characters.
As much as I love Megumi as a character, I don't see her with Soma. Even with her increase in confidence, they feel too separated... Maybe it's not a logical train of thought, they just don't work in my head.
Jun 13, 2015 6:33 AM
Apr 2013
Sakaki Anee-san!!!!!

Cheddarchet said:
TheHonestThief said:
Though we haven't seen a lot from her, I'm hopping on board the Erina ship. The way Soma just gives zero fucks about her more cold side makes for a really amusing relationship. I hope to see more in the upcoming chapters!

This. I'm usually not a fan of the tsundere archetype, but Souma's apathy towards her cold attitude makes for some amusing moments between the two of them.

Although I do think a re-do on this poll might be in order soon... Quite a few of these characters didn't get a chance to shine until very recently.
That's why I like them too. Erina and Soma fight a lot (well it's mostly Erina insulting Soma, and him teasing her), which feels more dynamic than SomaxMegumi (which is basically him encouraging Megumi when she's being timid).
C2FlashJun 13, 2015 6:36 AM
Jun 13, 2015 2:03 PM

Dec 2014
Chung2 said:
Sakaki Anee-san!!!!!

Cheddarchet said:

That's why I like them too. Erina and Soma fight a lot (well it's mostly Erina insulting Soma, and him teasing her), which feels more dynamic than SomaxMegumi (which is basically him encouraging Megumi when she's being timid).

Ryoko is actually my second pick for best girl. She seems to balance Soma's craziness without seeming exasperated by it. When he was discussing the Bentos with her they seemed to have chemistry. It saddens me that shipping that is a true exercise in futility.
Well put. I guess it's kind of sweet that Soma could be that confidence cornerstone for Megumi, but it's not the sort of relationship I feel works for Soma.
Jun 13, 2015 11:11 PM
Apr 2013
TheHonestThief said:
Chung2 said:
Sakaki Anee-san!!!!!

Ryoko is actually my second pick for best girl. She seems to balance Soma's craziness without seeming exasperated by it. When he was discussing the Bentos with her they seemed to have chemistry. It saddens me that shipping that is a true exercise in futility.
Well put. I guess it's kind of sweet that Soma could be that confidence cornerstone for Megumi, but it's not the sort of relationship I feel works for Soma.
I like Sakaki, she's very mature and caring. I guess that does work with Soma's childish recklessness. Why can't she be with Soma u_u lol

And yeah, it doesn't work at all for me.
Jun 14, 2015 6:20 PM

Dec 2014
Chung2 said:
TheHonestThief said:

Why can't she be with Soma u_u lol

That about sums up the remainder of my thoughts! xD
Jun 16, 2015 12:53 AM
Apr 2015
Megumi. Simple as that. Well, if I could vote for more than one, my others votes would go for Alice and Hisako.
Jun 17, 2015 11:50 PM
Jun 2015
Megumi is love
Megumi is Life
Sorry but I had to :P
Jun 19, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Megumi is winning the fans over
Jun 19, 2015 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
i like them all except Erina
Jun 21, 2015 6:09 AM

Mar 2015
His childhood friend
She even loved his peanut tentacles
Jun 21, 2015 8:39 AM

Apr 2012
Alice
She's the only girl who isn't a stereotype she doesn't look down on people just because of her status, she likes to banter, she's quick withed and fore once doesn't immediately falls in love with the main character.
Jun 22, 2015 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
Erina.
I usually don't like tsundere girls nowadays, but something about Erina makes her one of the few exceptions in my book.

Credit to Hihanteki
Jun 22, 2015 7:17 PM
Oct 2012
TheHonestThief said:
As much as I love Megumi as a character, I don't see her with Soma.

In some ways she would be near perfect for him. It all depends on his goals. If he really wants to open his own "special of the day" restaurant, then her skills in ensuring customers have an incredible experience (learned from working at her parents inn, and her desire to know the total meal experience) would be very well suited for him.

However if that were indeed his goal, in many ways Arato would be even better. Her restaurant management skills would be a absolutely great combination, indeed, they would be unbeatable.

But both of them shouldn't end up with Souma, they would be wasting their own overwhelming talent. It is sort of like Inui and Shinomiya, they both obviously love each other, but if Shinomiya let her help him, her own restaurant would suffer. In that capacity the most perfect person is of course Erina. While she can be a master chef, her ultimate talent is eating, so in an ironic way she has the least to give up compared to the others, because in giving up cooking she would gain far more in the tasting.
Jun 23, 2015 4:01 AM
Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
TheHonestThief said:

In some ways she would be near perfect for him. It all depends on his goals. If he really wants to open his own "special of the day" restaurant, then her skills in ensuring customers have an incredible experience (learned from working at her parents inn, and her desire to know the total meal experience) would be very well suited for him.

However if that were indeed his goal, in many ways Arato would be even better. Her restaurant management skills would be a absolutely great combination, indeed, they would be unbeatable.

But both of them shouldn't end up with Souma, they would be wasting their own overwhelming talent. It is sort of like Inui and Shinomiya, they both obviously love each other, but if Shinomiya let her help him, her own restaurant would suffer. In that capacity the most perfect person is of course Erina. While she can be a master chef, her ultimate talent is eating, so in an ironic way she has the least to give up compared to the others, because in giving up cooking she would gain far more in the tasting.
Wow so love and marriage is based around business eh? lol That's so romantic. In that case Erina is even better. She's highly acknowledged in the food industry, so she could help Soma perfect his cooking and even bring high class people around :D

And where did you even see Iniu and Shinomiya obviously being in love with each other? You have a creative imagination.
Jun 25, 2015 4:28 AM

Mar 2015
Chung2 said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Wow so love and marriage is based around business eh? lol That's so romantic. In that case Erina is even better. She's highly acknowledged in the food industry, so she could help Soma perfect his cooking and even bring high class people around :D

And where did you even see Iniu and Shinomiya obviously being in love with each other? You have a creative imagination.

i think they are, she always protects him and is somehow attracted. There is no clear evidence but you get the feeling, i agree with him it's defenitly possible
Jun 25, 2015 7:38 AM
Apr 2013
Aszao said:
Chung2 said:

i think they are, she always protects him and is somehow attracted. There is no clear evidence but you get the feeling, i agree with him it's defenitly possible
I've not seen even a flick of attraction between Inui and Shinomiya. Their interaction is Inui teasing him and him grabbing her face and squeezing it, that's it.
Jun 26, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Chung2 said:
Aszao said:

I've not seen even a flick of attraction between Inui and Shinomiya. Their interaction is Inui teasing him and him grabbing her face and squeezing it, that's it.
not really an argument I care about but I think there is something between the two
Jun 27, 2015 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
Shokugeki said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Erina (not as much as I love Megumi), but Erina getting 2nd place twice makes me wonder how this poll works

I know most of you adore Megumi and think Erina's a bitch but there are also others out there who think otherwise. It's not the first time intl consensus differed from the Japanese's. And in regards to the poll, they probably did it through mail/postcards/text messages.

--------

For me, best girl would probably be Hinako. She looks like Megumi but she's quirky and has more of an identity. I liked seeing her interactions with Kojiro.

I also really like Alice, Ikumi, Yuki, and Hisako. The others, I really couldn't care less.
Jun 27, 2015 2:26 AM
Apr 2013
eternaltorture said:
Shokugeki said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Erina (not as much as I love Megumi), but Erina getting 2nd place twice makes me wonder how this poll works

I know most of you adore Megumi and think Erina's a bitch but there are also others out there who think otherwise. It's not the first time intl consensus differed from the Japanese's. And in regards to the poll, they probably did it through mail/postcards/text messages.
Yeah agreed. In these polls, usually the "cold" characters seem to rank higher than the "warm" ones. So it's not a surprise.

MasterDetective said:
Chung2 said:
not really an argument I care about but I think there is something between the two
There might be, but for now Hinako only tease Kojiro (which IMO is not strong enough to pass as attraction). I was just rectifying the other guy saying they are "obviously in love". They had a similar interaction in Shinomiya's Tokyo as well with Hinako shouting at Kojiro for not letting her help him and him saying she has her own restaurant.
Jun 27, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
TheHonestThief said:

Don't get me wrong, Soma and Megumi have a sweet chemistry with each other. She has trouble with confidence and Soma helped her get that, so they have this friendship that arose from that interaction. But nothing else about them really meshes. You think about their respective drives and personalities and they seem to be discordant to one another. Not every couple has perfect chemistry, but they're just my thoughts.
Soma and Erina actually seem to have those base connections that work rather well. Both set their eyes on the top and are willing to fight with everything they have to get there. And in typical tsundere fashion, Erina has that hidden aspect of her that's fun but competitive, just like Soma. You also have the additional interaction that he swears he'll make her admit his food was good+A woman being needed to truly become a great chef (Soma's dad's advice)+Erina's adoration/admiration for Soma's dad.
Analyzing the girls' respective future plans and skills is not a bad way of looking at it.
Oh, and the Inui x Shinomiya ship never felt too real to me. Felt more akin to the author throwing out a hint of interaction just to stir up the shippers (and it definitely worked). I ship it, but without more genuine interaction between them (beyond silly antics), I wouldn't say their love was obvious.
Jun 27, 2015 8:09 PM

Dec 2009
Jun 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
Definitely Ikumi>Alice>Sakaki Ryuko

All other shippers should get looked at by a doctor.
Jun 29, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
For me it's like Alice > Megumi > Erina > The others.
Jul 11, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2013
Tadokoro Megumi, she is honest and innocent

Jul 12, 2015 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
Shokugeki said:

This poll was worldwide, which means even us, the oversea fans, could vote. It was done online, with your twitter account or another way (I did it with my twitter acc). I think you had multiple choices as well.

Of course, most who voted were Japanese than us, seeing how in this thread none knew we could vote as well.

If anything someone should question the popularity of Hishoko jumping out of nowhere in top 5 than why Erina is second again.

Anyways, for this poll I voted for Erina. She is my favourite girl in the story. I usually dislike tsundere types, but with Erina is working damn well. I like self-confident, helpful and prideful woman who know exactly where they stand and what they want, get their job done and have a line with serious and smug faces.

Second is Alice, because she is pretty great and I like her pouting faces a lot (both nakiris have great faces when you tease them). Hishoko is third favourite because how helpful and cute she can be.

With Megumi, I first thought she would be my favourite but for some reason, I just think of her as "fine" and nothing more. I like her character development although I would like for help to have more self confidence and stand her opinion.
Jul 12, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2010
I'd say... Nikumi as the starter, Alice for the main course and then Erina for the dessert.

That aside, since Nakiri Erina has the God’s tongue… If Tsukuda Yuuto doesn’t make her kiss Yukihira, thus savoring the taste of her first kiss/the taste of love, and then become addicted to our MC’s taste…. I’ll be pretty disappointed.
Jul 12, 2015 11:51 AM
Sep 2013
even it was for a short time still Hisako won my heart.
Aug 17, 2015 5:32 PM

Aug 2015
Alice, no contest.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Aug 17, 2015 6:01 PM

Aug 2015
Akapilka said:
Alice, no contest.

Of course , who else can compete against her ? :P
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Aug 18, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
Megumi Alice and Hisako are the best. Ikumi is cool too and I dont care about the rest tbh.
Aug 19, 2015 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
We all know that Megumi is to precious.
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
Aug 19, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Anime version of Erina is really pretty (and I like her voice) so I'd go with her. I quite like Hisako, Alice, and Nikumi, chara-design wise. Oh, also, I umm... loathe Megumi.
Aug 20, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
Erina's fan will finally get their arc :D I saw the spoilers and seems like her dad(?) is here. This should be good
Aug 20, 2015 4:45 AM
Apr 2010
You Erinafags deserve to be necked. Alice is best Nakiri, Megumi is the true one and only.
Aug 23, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
I demand Rindo in this pool!

For now, I'm going with Alice S2
Aug 23, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
hahailham1 said:
even it was for a short time still Hisako won my heart.

I was so happy when
Aug 23, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2013
Megumi best babe! <3
Aug 24, 2015 4:47 AM

May 2014
Ikumi is best girl she is adorable and sexy how can you not love her? Megumi is just annoying as all hell she's like the Hinata of Naruto Or the Onodera of Nisekoi .
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Sep 5, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Winterluffy said:
Ikumi is best girl she is adorable and sexy how can you not love her? Megumi is just annoying as all hell she's like the Hinata of Naruto Or the Onodera of Nisekoi .

Megumi is nothing like Hinata. Megumi is way better. Her flashback shows that she's willing to learn cutting a monkfish when she's still just a little girl. A little girl. And she can handle herself well enough. Even Kurokiba Ryo had acknowledged her.
'Real Money Talks'
- Kagayama Kaede
Sep 5, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
Based on looks : Alice / Nikumi

Based on personality : Hisako / Megumi
Sep 5, 2015 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
Kerel said:
Winterluffy said:

Megumi is nothing like Hinata. Megumi is way better. Her flashback shows that she's willing to learn cutting a monkfish when she's still just a little girl. A little girl. And she can handle herself well enough. Even Kurokiba Ryo had acknowledged her.

^^^
Megumi will probably confess to Souma before Onodera confesses to Raku
Sep 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
Erina sama (~˘▾˘)~

She's just too good, and noone can be friends with her cause they are intimidated, even Hisako doesn't realize she is more than a secretary to Erina.

Sep 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
Erina sama (~˘▾˘)~

She's just too good, and noone can be friends with her cause they are intimidated, even Hisako doesn't realize she is more than a secretary to Erina.

your taste in waifus is shit ichii
Sep 5, 2015 9:14 PM

Sep 2013
Jerkhov said:

God Tongue >>>>> your subjective opinion

Sep 5, 2015 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
Jerkhov said:

Hicksville girl >>> Gordon Ramsey in girl form

Sep 6, 2015 3:08 PM
Aug 2015
ichii_1 said:
Jerkhov said:

Hell yeah.
Sep 10, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Jerkhov said:

Oh My Goddess....!!!!! That's high quality meat!!!!
#CHEXIT
Sep 10, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
But She doesn't deserve Soma'attentions because of her behaviour.
No matter how beautiful she's may be..
Sep 10, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2015
Imeon said:

Oh My Goddess....!!!!! That's high quality meat!!!![/quote]

Don't know what else it can be ;) ! Above all in color , we can better see her meat :D
Hope we'll see Soma having his way with her and them :P Or it will be with Alice who 'v almost a higher quality.

Well , let's stop now , we seem like some perverts ... ;P
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Sep 10, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
Mephisto62 said:
r it will be with Alice who 'v almost a higher quality.

Alice's too white meat. Nikumi is darker meat. Erina is just right.

Jklmn said:
But She doesn't deserve Soma'attentions because of her behaviour.
No matter how beautiful she's may be..

That's her character. But you can't ignore the fact that it was her that motivated him to REALLY strive harder. Remember the opening ceremony? Soma swore to make Erina that he'll make her say one day that his food are delicious.

That made me think that the series will end once Erina says,

"It's delicious, Soma." *blushes*smile
RPSB9Sep 10, 2015 2:58 PM
#CHEXIT
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arjuna777 - Aug 17, 2019

94 by Remocracy »»
Aug 4, 2022 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.