Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2014 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Humanity on brink of extinction from an unknown virus and they also build walls to protect themselves ...
Aot again ?
Anyways the episode is too rushed and the loli looks cute.
Apr 8, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2013
Urek said:
let me warn you all readers in advance (i have read the summaries of the following LN):

this is not a happy go little children show. people die when they are killed, and really fast. also, get ready on the feels train.

it gets really dark soon, so dont get fooled by the first episode. there will be despair.
only thing we have to worry about is the amount of censoring, which will come (or not)

EDIT: the manga should cover to around anime episode 4-5 [chapter 15 translated] with a massive cliffhanger, but you might give it a try. there might some scene differences since the manga added few additional scenes.

very glad to hear this
Apr 8, 2014 3:11 PM
Mar 2014
Generic... But very entertaining! The art and animation are really good too!
Apr 8, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2011
Epic soundtrack.
Apr 8, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, it look promissing.

So here is the perverted loli of the season :P
We also have a tsundere love interrest and an awkward teen. Lot's of tropes right here.

But, I thought that the action was well done and entertaining. The lack of censorship ( I can't talk for people watching it english subbed) make the show quite creepy and nasty, but there is always that strange morbid fascination that keep us watching it.

I like the balance between the humour, action and mystery.

So basically, it's a zombie anime but with big weird monster and loli warrior? Japan at his best.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 8, 2014 3:27 PM

Sep 2013
That peck ;3

Cursed children eh?

Really cool first episode.
Apr 8, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2010
love it. rentaro and enju remind me a lot of yaya and whatshisface from machine doll.. actually this whole anime reminds of machine doll.
Apr 8, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
It was ok. Interesting premise, but the typical pandering isn't exactly nice...

Characters remind me of the ones in Machine-Doll.
Apr 8, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
Well now, the first episode went, for the most part, like I expected it to.
One of the anime I've been anticipating for this season is off to a good start.

Looks like there's some insight on the gastrea.
Kisara-san is quite a likable character in my book.
Enju's 'strange' antics I found somewhat funny and remind me of Yaya(Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukunai).
I also thought Rentaro's sensei...was a 'bit' creepy.

On a side note, lovin' that OP by fripside. ;D
Looking forward to the next episode if anything!
Apr 8, 2014 3:39 PM
Jul 2013
Soooooo Shingeki no Kyojin all over again, but this time with lolis? I read the description of the show and it sounded more like a HotD without the triangular breasts and overdone fan service. This episode gets a 6/10 from me, so I'm gonna put this on hold. If I hear it actually ends up being good in a few weeks I'll probably pick it up again
Apr 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2013
Looks interesting and I like the characters a lot. The opening kinda reminds me of AoT
Apr 8, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
And lolies are saving the world... ok..
Apr 8, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2014
Impressed by the 1st episode, can't wait to see what happens next.
Reminds me of Attack on titan
Take an advil.

Apr 8, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2010
Is this a loli-oriented harem? :/ Bad episode.
Apr 8, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
Casperkid15 said:
love it. rentaro and enju remind me a lot of yaya and whatshisface from machine doll.. actually this whole anime reminds of machine doll.

Yaya is better tho.
Apr 8, 2014 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I really hate that girl's voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 4:18 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like King Torture found another job.
Apr 8, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2008
Quite enjoyed the first episode, the series has potential, lets just see if it'll be squandered or they actually do something with it.

And kind of feels like Kure-nai meets apocalyptic setting. The whole loli announcing herself as his fiancee, the guy working and doing for himself living in a shabby apartment, the president being his childhood friend, trained somewhere with a prestigious family with a strong female successor.
Apr 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
I wonder why it feels like I've heard Rentarou's voice actor 10 billion times before.

Probably because I have.

=====

I like how the premise of this show is basically attack on titan except with lolis.

The fight with mask dude was well animated so I'm interested in watching a bit more now, but this start felt really slow and uninteresting. Felt like a really badly done "so this is what has happened so far" episode with occasional bad forced melodrama.

Hope it picks up.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

May 2011
ok, i read about 3 chapters of the manga a long time ago and i didn't expected to see this getting an anime.. the author somehow influenced by shingeki no kyojin, i can feel that. even the opening: it seems so similar to SnK's!
well, i only read about 3 chapters and then dropped it, so i don't know what's gonna happen, maybe it'll end up to be an interesting story.. that's my opinion
3/5 for now :/

Sep 2013
i only read the manga and so far im loving it i hope this anime keep on the right direction

liked the ending thou

May 2012
Enju is funny..

Apr 8, 2014 4:44 PM
Dec 2013
for first time i actually like Enju unlike those other annoying little childish girls (eg.Manaka)
Kisara seems alright,Sensei seems funny.
Satomi has a dark past and looks like he would go berserk at some point if he was pissed off

this show seem interesting and cant wait for the battles!
Korrvo said:
I wonder why it feels like I've heard Rentarou's voice actor 10 billion times before.

i know!it sounds like the voice ive heard in every romcom MC ive seen. the VA also voices Eren(SnK), Satomi and Eren are both like similar too!
UchihaApr 8, 2014 4:50 PM
Apr 8, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Enjuu was the best thing about this episode. Everything seems so cliche and unoriginal - virus turns people into bugs, some badass in a clown mask declaring he's going to destroy the world and no one can stop him. And special bullets made of a certain metal are conveniently the only things that can stop the mutation-whatever-they're-called-things.

I liked the lab-scientist woman though. I forgot her name. She's cool.

Looks like it will get better though so I'll stick with it. This would be better with 2-cour so it can be one of those 2nd half > 1st half.

3.5/10
Apr 8, 2014 5:06 PM
Feb 2009
decent start I guess will keep watching
Apr 8, 2014 5:12 PM

Dec 2008
Sans the annoying girls, this might actually be a pretty decent show. I'm quite interested in the masked villain. Not too many people can have their head kicked around 180 degress and still continue talking on their cellphone like it's nothing. Pretty damned impressive, if you ask me.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 8, 2014 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
Enju Kawaii...

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 8, 2014 5:33 PM
Apr 2013
TBH I'm quite disappointed.. Three of the most important characters (Shintaro, Enju and Kisara) looks nothing like the manga self. They just doesn't look as good and doesn't give the same vibe...

Also this first episode.. Just feel too rushed. The fighting scenes were just.. too short and not nearly as detailed as the manga. Also the part where the man became a gastrea, in the manga you really felt bad for him, but in this, he just.. Didn't even matter..

I hope they don't rush through the whole story, or else I would probably not continue to watch this, since it really disappointed me. Go read the manga guys
Apr 8, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2011
Oh man an annoying loli, tsundere and typical shy main character that gets harassed *and assaulted by the girls.

But I have so much hope for this show. 7/10.
deadeaddeadApr 8, 2014 5:51 PM
Apr 8, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2011
not bad but it's pretty much shingeki no kyojin all over again
which isnt a bad thing

the MC being a prude is an annoying trope they could've done without.
ScootboiApr 8, 2014 5:53 PM

Apr 8, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Ooh that was actually a good first episode. I love the OP and a Nagi song is always welcome :)

Enju's a cursed child and needs shots daily, probably to stave off the virus infection. I sense drama.

At first I was wondering why Initiators were all shown as little girls. Then I remembered the war which almost made humans extinct was only 10 years ago so I guess it's only been a decade since humanity has discovered the existence of Initiators? At least they didn't put lolis just for the sake of lolis.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 8, 2014 5:56 PM

May 2013
Why... just why didn't they use the artstyle of the manga? It would've made for so much cooler, gritty and especially more original visuals.
At first I was like "Okay, maybe it's pretty good in its own right" but then unfortunally I re-read the first chapter of the manga... all the cool moves changed or gone alltogether. The scenes are still, without sound and color in the manga, yet the fights look so much more intense.

But nope, they had to go for generic artstyle... can't try something different, it's too risky.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Apr 8, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
Another all-star OP-ED series, with fripside on OP and Nagi Yanagi on ED.

Pretty nice first episode, better than most of the shitty shows this season.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 8, 2014 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that was awful, I was half expecting a terrible adaptation but damn it was even worse than I thought. They skipped a lot of material damn....
Ill give it another episode but yeah probably just gonna stick with the manga and LN.
Apr 8, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2013
Well that felt really rushed and underwhelming. Plenty of cliches, too. Enju is way, waaaaaay too precocious for my tastes.
Still, it has potential, I hope it will get better.
Apr 8, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
I actually enjoyed it more than I expected so that's a nice thing. I don't like Enju as loli though, even if all the Cursed Children are born female it doesn't mean they have to look like they're 12. It would give the anime a bit of a kick or make it more serious if they made Rentaro's parter at least a proper teenager, idk, it just feels a little silly to watch a 12 year old save humanity I guess.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story though, I really hope it won't turn into a comedy with now and then a fight as most action anime's tend to be, if you're going to make your serie have a serious and "dark/heavy" setting they should make the story follow that setting.
Apr 8, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
The villain of the show, with the mask is too cliche - He's just like every other villain.
I don't really care for any of the characters except Kisara.
Apr 8, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
Spoiler for those who don't know the source material.

The show gets real good during
rodacApr 11, 2014 12:31 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 8, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Reminded me of Attack on Titan.
Some parts are pretty intriguing.
Apr 8, 2014 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
Actually, never mind the show wasn't that good an adaption, dengki probably blow all their budget on mahouka, recommendation go read source material, it is really good, emotionally touching, and morally fucked up at the same time.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 8, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2010
Yeah... Reminding me too much of Machinedoll. Not gonna be following it.
Apr 8, 2014 6:52 PM

Aug 2012
Fripside and Yanagi Nagi make everything else okay..

Well, the OST and animation were impressive as well. The quality in which Rentaro and Kagetane's fight was animated gives me some hope for later fights, it should be worth sticking with this series for that alone if they keep it up.

That said, damn this was rushed. Not that the execution in the manga was that great, but this just did the bare minimum of exposition. The case itself should have taken up over half the episode lol. It's not too hard to get the gist of things(it's pretty spoon fed) but this pacing could be a problem. I just hope it doesn't end up taking impact out of later events. The manga jumps into the plot pretty quickly already, and rushing it further might make everything Satomi and Enju go through seem very shallow.

Also RIP Satomi's character, he was somewhat badass until he became KajiKaji.

And I don't care what anyone says, Kagetane(masked man) is an awesome villain.
Urek said:
the manga should cover to around anime episode 4-5 [chapter 15 translated] with a massive cliffhanger, but you might give it a try. there might some scene differences since the manga added few additional scenes.
I reeaaally hope it isn't THAT rushed lol, but hell Seitenshi's already appeared and it looks like the big meeting might already be next episode so I dunno..
Apr 8, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
This Mc actually has brains and is not going for the loli. Good first episode.
Apr 8, 2014 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
great first episode. rentarou and enju are really cute :3
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 8, 2014 7:03 PM

Feb 2011
I can see this turning into Claymore in the future with all those virused super lolis...novel needs translating nao....lol
Apr 8, 2014 7:07 PM
Jul 2011
haineko123 said:
great first episode. rentarou and enju are really cute :3

Gotta love that relationship between a 12 year old and 23.
Apr 8, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2013
Fripsideeee

Ok, things are looking way too colorful right now.
I expecting a turn to the dark site just around the corner.
Apr 8, 2014 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
Animefanx3 said:
I actually enjoyed it more than I expected so that's a nice thing. I don't like Enju as loli though, even if all the Cursed Children are born female it doesn't mean they have to look like they're 12. It would give the anime a bit of a kick or make it more serious if they made Rentaro's parter at least a proper teenager, idk, it just feels a little silly to watch a 12 year old save humanity I guess.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story though, I really hope it won't turn into a comedy with now and then a fight as most action anime's tend to be, if you're going to make your serie have a serious and "dark/heavy" setting they should make the story follow that setting.
I thought they're all that young because the outbreak started 10 years ago..

Anyways, enjoyed the first episode, seems interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
Man, I prefer the manga. Seems like shock factors were handled better. Also it looks like some scenes were omitted in the first episode.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. Just terribly rushed. I'll watch it just for the sake of animation though.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 8, 2014 7:31 PM
Nov 2013
Really excited about this, I like the concept and that the main character is not interested in the loli. Seems like Guilty Crown meets Shingeki no Kyojin. Let's just hope it doesn't disappoint.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.