Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some kind of creature with isolated island. A photo of firework made the girl wanting to see it. That means they have to break the rule of going out of the island. A journey to the human world is not so easy for getting tricked by the bird from the circus, but was able to see the firework.

ED: Mirai kara no Shoutaijou (未来からの招待状) by Natsuki Isa (伊佐なつき)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 15, 2014 3:46 PM
Apr 2013
Plot was rushed at the start and all developments were very childish. Growth in main character was forced as well, with his initial childishness played far too strongly. I realise that this show was quite possibly aimed at children and should therefore be forgiven for being essentially childish, but that doesn't make it good either.
Jul 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting island setting and character designs, simple, cliche, and childish story. I enjoyed it.
Sep 7, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2012
I wasn't a too huge fan of this episode though, the art was rather lacking and the story was pretty average but in general it wasn't bad though!
Oct 10, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
Can somebody please tell me where you watched it?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 4, 2015 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
It was Ok, it's been a long time I haven't seen an animation like that. This is a child movie, so I can't really judge it.
Apr 13, 2015 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
I didn't like design of those creatures so much (though I have to say that their older ones looked better) but there were some marvellous backgrounds in there. And some moments (like entering human city for the first time of fireworks) were pretty impressive.

Seiyuu's work was good, especially Kawasumi Ayako (Saber) as Rikotto.

The story was okay for a kids tale, I guess, but nothing special. Kinda reminded me of old Disney series.
Aug 11, 2015 10:08 PM

Jul 2011
Simple, beautiful, and amazingly fun! I loved it!
Best of the 2014 anime mirai batch. I'm surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

The scenery was gorgeous, I really loved the design of the island and the beauty of the city. The fireworks were wonderful too.

(It took a long time for this one to be subbed though, holy.)
MirorinAug 11, 2015 10:11 PM
Sep 12, 2015 11:00 PM

Jun 2014
The animation and color in this short movie was simply beautiful.

I'll agree that it was a bit rushed, but it was still a fun little adventure nonetheless. Although, I think it would've been even better had it been longer.

Nov 16, 2015 2:10 AM

Nov 2011
holy shit doug
the backgrounds mang THE BACKGROUNDS
THE ART
THE ANIMATION
Because you know I'm all about dat art, bout those frames, great layout

WHY THE FUCK DID THE SHOW HAVE TO BE NAMED "PAROL" WHEN DAT RED BITCH WAS WAY MORE RELEVANT??? HE FUCKIN ANNOYING AND PUSSY ASS SHIT LIKE SHINJI

FUCKIN PISSES ME OFF

Way too short, just like your DICKS
Should have been a full-length movie
Apr 30, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
Rather average, somewhat annoying, weird art (tho I can see how it's cute), and.. yeah.. finished it and left me feeling just.. meh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 12, 2018 4:24 PM

Oct 2015
I guess now Parol has courage now and he is his former self.

Those barrage of kisses by Rikotto to him suggest that she loves, but she didn't want Zuzu to explain though which was the funny part. So the big bird was the good guy all along, they sure fooled me because An was such a cutie bird. I guess her boss must rethink his dream now since his capturing of those three didn't go well.

Rikotto's dream came true of watching the fireworks and more. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 27, 2021 8:23 AM
Nov 2020
Not much to say it but it was good with simple Animation and story... Lovely
Jul 31, 2021 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
A simple story with fresh animation throughout and consistent backgrounds. This year's all the four short films were pretty consistent in terms of quality.
Oct 10, 2023 2:13 PM

Oct 2012
This is definitely one of the better of the Young Animator Training Projects from over the years.
Too bad it took me so long to get to it.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.