master_x_devil said:
Its 2019
And no s4?
Fuck you madhouse

Also thanks Obama
Dec 25, 2019 3:47 AM

Jul 2012
Maybe in 2020... Im hoping for it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2020 3:15 AM
Sep 2016
Now 2020 we should doing hashtag hajime no ippo s4
Feb 17, 2020 9:17 AM
Dec 2012
Is this shit for real?
https://kingofanime.com/hajime-no-ippo-season-4-release-date-info-a-good-news-for-the-fans/
It looks legit, I'm not sure about it.
Feb 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Oct 2009

It talks about "stage play adaptation announced for January 2020". Meaning a theatrical play – the one they play in theatres. Not in cinemas, but, theatres, where you have stage plays at, with real actors and all that, but not a television show
Feb 17, 2020 4:50 PM

Mar 2014

I also got hyped when i saw it mentioned on the manga but it actually meant this:

https://ippo.fandom.com/wiki/Real_Fighting_Hajime_no_Ippo:_The_Glorious_Stage!!

So let's keep crossing our fingers for some anime adaptations news fellow Ippo fans, hopefully 2020 is the year.
Feb 17, 2020 10:11 PM
Dec 2012
Soulblight said:

I also got hyped when i saw it mentioned on the manga but it actually meant this:

https://ippo.fandom.com/wiki/Real_Fighting_Hajime_no_Ippo:_The_Glorious_Stage!!

So let's keep crossing our fingers for some anime adaptations news fellow Ippo fans, hopefully 2020 is the year.

I made a promise to myself that when I finish my academic studies I'll read the manga because I want more Ippo.
I got my degree today and still not sure if I should read the manga because there's a chance an anime adaptation will be revealed.
Feb 18, 2020 8:21 PM

Mar 2014
Congrats on your degree. In the end picking up Ippo manga or not is up to you, there haven't been a new season announced or even a rumor since the end of the last season but with Ippo you never know, it's kinda unpredictable.

It was actually Ippo that made me start reading manga around 10 years ago, the first season had such a positive impact on me, motivated me in life and even started working out because of it that when i actually found out there were so many manga chapters out i just couldn't stop, and when i actually caught up with the manga in the last page of the last chapter at that time, there was an announcement of the "new challenger" season.

It was worth it though cause the newest seasons kinda skipped some fights and minor details that in the end add up to the richness of the story, some very funny chapters too that didn't get animated. At the moment there are more than 1300 Ippo chapters (it's actually longer than One Piece, Naruto, Dragonball etc) and around 500 have been animated so you could give yourself a feast of it.
Feb 28, 2020 11:12 PM
Oct 2017
I dont think season 4 will aired .....its already 2020 guys
Jun 12, 2021 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Welp, it's the middle of 2021 and still nothing. RIP
Jun 17, 2021 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
OMG!!! Can this really happen??
Jul 21, 2021 11:06 PM

Jan 2017
How many more years should we wait for Season 4 -_-
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jul 26, 2021 10:00 AM
Dec 2018
k11chi said:
In 3 years maybe

hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
My Candies:

Jul 28, 2021 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
Well, rest in piece I guess
Apr 22, 2022 5:03 PM
Dec 2020
a third of the way into 2022 and still nothing
Jun 30, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2022
Is there enough material for one more full season of 24 episodes, if yes then they should I don't understand why they are not making sequels of this amazing series, or they should give this to wit or mappa.
Jul 3, 2022 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
Rijupalika said:
Is there enough material for one more full season of 24 episodes, if yes then they should I don't understand why they are not making sequels of this amazing series, or they should give this to wit or mappa.

Of course there is. In fact, there has been enough material for years. They could even make another season or two right after the Rising, if they wished to – and still wouldn't have covered all
Sep 9, 2022 11:33 PM
Aug 2013
Rijupalika said:

Serhiyko said:
Rijupalika said:

Of course there is. In fact, there has been enough material for years. They could even make another season or two right after the Rising, if they wished to – and still wouldn't have covered all

We have about 100 eps (75 +25 +25 + OVAs) -- which only covered less than 600 chapters.
The manga already reached chapter 1394, so we definitely have enough content for more than 100 episodes.

The issue is HNI requires a high budget and Madhouse is literally out of money and barely surviving. One of their main directors (I think he was a director) created Mappa, and then many other employees decided to leave Madhouse and work for Mappa instead. The last season of HNI was made by both Mappa and Madhouse.

Madhouse is trying to survive by focusing on Overlord, while Mappa mostly wants popular shonen mangas that won't drain their budget.

If Mappa takes HNI again, they will probably use CGI just like Chainsaw man, Dorehedoro, and other animes :)

So I don't think we will ever get S4
Dec 21, 2022 12:42 PM

Feb 2013
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

If Mappa takes HNI again, they will probably use CGI just like Chainsaw man, Dorehedoro, and other animes :)

Damn, bro, don't make me lose hope like that...
Dec 21, 2022 1:12 PM
Aug 2013
DarkRanger said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Damn, bro, don't make me lose hope like that...

The last season of HNI was produced by Mappa x Madhouse

Mappa had potential but their quality dropped as they started producing tens of animes at once.

Let’s hope they will give us a good new season
Dec 21, 2022 1:30 PM

Jan 2017
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Madhouse is literally out of money and barely surviving. One of their main directors (I think he was a director) created Mappa

I'm a little bit late , but yes , he was one of the main directors , but also one of the 4 creators of the studio.

His story is really sad tho... (This video of The Canipa Effect is great : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guCSs-gQs4)

In short , he was disgusted by how the staff of the studio he worked for had no real choice in the production of Animes , so he left it and created Madhouse to let the creativity of the directors running without hindrance from some production committee. (Which is why something like Redline could happen)
And it worked for some years , until he got yet again enslaved by some companies... so he left his own studio to create another one : Mappa.
And when we see what Mappa does nowadays , it sure is far from what Maruyama expected at first.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 21, 2022 2:07 PM
Aug 2013
Alexioos95 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Madhouse is literally out of money and barely surviving. One of their main directors (I think he was a director) created Mappa

I'm a little bit late , but yes , he was one of the main directors , but also one of the 4 creators of the studio.

His story is really sad tho... (This video of The Canipa Effect is great : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guCSs-gQs4)

In short , he was disgusted by how the staff of the studio he worked for had no real choice in the production of Animes , so he left it and created Madhouse to let the creativity of the directors running without hindrance from some production committee. (Which is why something like Redline could happen)
And it worked for some years , until he got yet again enslaved by some companies... so he left his own studio to create another one : Mappa.
And when we see what Mappa does nowadays , it sure is far from what Maruyama expected at first.

Yes and many animators from Madhouse moved to Mappa

I don’t really know what happened exactly
I just think they should stop producing many animes at once
Mappa should focus on quality over quantity
Feb 2, 2023 2:37 PM

May 2013
A decade later and still nothing. Sad
Mar 25, 2023 6:50 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Came here looking for hope 😭😭
Apr 3, 2023 7:51 AM
Jun 2021
One day we will get it. What a great ride Hajime no Ippo has been, nothing but great things to say

For sure i’ll be continuing with the manga now
Apr 14, 2023 12:06 PM
Aug 2022
Alexioos95 said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

I think the director of MAPPA really like dark shows and all cuz if you look back in early 2000s Madhouse used to make so many dark animes with such high quality and I can also say that the anime made by MADHOUSE in early 2000s were the best and also the MAPPA today was the MADHOUSE in early 2000s the only difference is that the 2D animation done by MAPPA is so good that CGI looks crappy in it like the animation of CSM was like how it's done in the movies that's why CGI looked that weird but still they are improving at a better speed and giving us so many shows so you can't complain about weird 1 or 2 CGI scenes
Apr 14, 2023 12:50 PM

Jan 2017
demonaman293 said:
the only difference is that the 2D animation done by MAPPA is so good that CGI looks crappy in it like the animation of CSM was like how it's done in the movies that's why CGI looked that weird but still they are improving at a better speed and giving us so many shows so you can't complain about weird 1 or 2 CGI scenes

I'm not talking about the quality of Animation tho.

MadHouse was originally created to let Producers/Directors experiment and try to do projects they wanted to do , but were refused by some productions commitees/studios etc.
As a studio , they obviously had to make money to be able to work , but it never was their primary goal. Their primary goal was basically to have fun making crazy things , doing literally Art. (It's in the name : Mad House , a house full of mad peoples creating things.)
I truly don't think it's a coincidence that Satoshi Kon worked with them for the majority of his Movies , and the case of Redline is simply unbelievable.

On the other hand , you have MAPPA , which is jumping on all occasions to take projects that have high chances of being a hit just to make money...
They sacrificied what made MadHouse so special , and are now just one studio among many others.
I'm ready to bet everything that we'll never see a production such as Redline ever again , or atleast not before someone else create another "Mad House".
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 26, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2021
I came here looking for an answer a glimer of hope that a s4 is in production and all i got was a bunch of dispare 💀
Jun 4, 2023 3:23 PM

Mar 2015
I don't think they will do a full series at this point - but may drop a movie/movies at some point covering some of the fights which happened after the end of Rising.
Jun 14, 2023 6:42 AM

Jul 2021
this is too old the chances of this getting picked up are zero which makes me really sad as this is one of the best animes i've watched. the studious and production members all want to create animes out of all the new and upcoming mangas, something like ippo will never be picked. i hope i'm proved wrong though.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 13, 2023 9:49 PM

Nov 2017
any news please guys?
Sep 18, 2023 6:29 PM
Mar 2017
So far there has been no continuation. Is anime like this less popular in Japan? Come on, come on Madhouse, continue this masterpiece series
Nov 23, 2023 4:02 AM

May 2015
almost 10 years... our hopes are dying away
Dec 3, 2023 11:55 AM
Oct 2018
I am caught up and looks like season 4 is never happening. Not gonna read the manga, even that is not over yet. I guess it's time to say goodbye to this series for now.
Feb 3, 11:38 AM
Mar 2008
Reply to Nik03178
I am caught up and looks like season 4 is never happening. Not gonna read the manga, even that is not over yet. I guess it's time to say goodbye to this series for now.
@Nik03178

imagine having to read lol

i don't know why people care so much. the ratings for HNI were mediocre, it's very unpopular overseas, and the manga is very well drawn and has great consistency in release schedule.

remember it can always be worse. try being a hunter x hunter, vagabond or berserk fan lol

just read the manga it is worth it.
Mar 13, 2:32 AM
May 2007
I'm still enjoying the manga. I know that with the recent suicide of the creator of Sexy Tanaka-san due to creative disputes, Morikawa recently came out in support of her saying that the creator should ALWAYS have the final say. After the manga debuted in 1989, he was given offers to get it animated, but refused because of it. And when the first four episodes came out, he was critical of how it handled the material and told them to stay faithful. Considering how a lot of material was inexcusably cut out in the last season (especially as it pertains to Sendo and Sawamura's relationship, and why his teacher cares so much about Sawamura), I can see why Morikawa doesn't want another anime if it all comes down to him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

164 by KingAFONY »»
Apr 29, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2014

70 by hector_01 »»
Jan 14, 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.