Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 15, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
Ahhhhhh. The Genji/Nekota arc was fantastic. I would have loved this entire series if it was just about them and the girl too. I cried when Genji and the girl separated on the train. That was the fourth time this series made me cry. Also, Miyano Mamoruuuuuuuuuu oh yes. Perfection. I feel like the Genji/Nekota arc should have been near the start of the entire show. Would have made Takamura's world belts more impactful.

Anyway, Takamura vs. David was fun to watch. Ippo vs. the guy (I forgot his name but he really loved meat) was interesting too. Miyata vs. the other guy (I forgot his name too) was great. Yeah this was a nice season.

So, I'm done all the Hajime no Ippo anime seasons! It was fun, although not my favourite sports anime. Should I read it? Hmm, decisions decisions..

Favourite characters: Sendo (my favourite Osaka boy), Miyata (hnnnng), and Takamura (although it's a hate/love thing yo)!
MayukaNov 15, 2014 8:10 PM
Jan 10, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
The last two punches were jaw dropping.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 14, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2009
Gen-chan's fight felt not as awesome as Ippo's or Takamura's.

On the end of taking 2nd belt Takamura was comparing Eagle to Ippo's way of fighting and it was freakin cool, but the old days were meh...
Apr 8, 2015 7:23 AM

Apr 2011
Season 4 please >_<

9/10

May 7, 2015 3:01 AM
Apr 2011
Very intense & well deserved finale, great emotional epilogue, overall 9/10 for me, i enjoyed every bit of it !
Jun 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, those body blows. And then the feels at the end (╥﹏╥)
One of the best backstories I've watched :)

It took me forever to finish this series, but I really hope this gets another season one day!
Jun 27, 2015 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
What a way to finish the season! No better fitting way to dedicate the series to Utsumi Kenji (Kamogawa-san) and Nagai Ichiro (Nekota-san). Their voices will live on through millions of fans of this fantastic anime for many, many decades. Loved Miyano Mamoru and Yoshino Hiroyuki voicing the final arc.

Hoping to see a sequel. You can never get enough HnI. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 12, 2015 8:31 PM

May 2012
This has easily become my all-time favorite sports anime and one of my overall favorites. It was tough, but I managed to limit myself to five episodes a day for this season. I was initially put off by the idea of a flashback arc and with the darker tone it almost felt like I was watching a different show, however in the end these last few episodes turned out to be my favorite of the season.

I am getting a bit annoyed with the pacing of the Ippo-Kumi romance. It's been 127 episodes and two movies equaling about four or five years in the series. I get that they're both tremendously shy and that her brother's frequent cockblocking doesn't help matters, but for there not to have been a confession(that was heard) or a single kiss by now is absurd. Then again, based on Ippo's underreaction to Sawamura nearly breaking her face, maybe he doesn't actually care for her as much as we or even he himself thinks.

Pretty bummed that I've finally caught up. I can only hope that the gap between this season and the next isn't as long as the four years between New Challenger and Rising or worse yet, the seven from The Fighting to New Challenger. 9/10
Sep 28, 2015 5:55 PM

Aug 2015
ippo peleo muy bien hasta el final
Nov 6, 2015 3:35 AM
Nov 2014
Great way to ending the flashback arc, would not mind a fourth season if they are planning to make one actually. More Ippo is always fun for me.
Nov 18, 2015 5:18 AM

Dec 2014
Bone shattering Tekken. :)

Poor Yuki.

The David eagle fight is not as good as the Bryan Hawk fight. Imo....
Dec 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Oct 2015
Any word on next season?
Jan 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
The Ippo series is simply one of the best out there. It's pretty amazing when you stop and think about how it all began and how far both the story and the characters have come. So much greatness!

10/10, Really hope they come out with a 4th season soon.
Jan 16, 2016 2:48 PM
Jun 2010
Absolutely fantastic. I'm not a manga guy but I will read the manga to continue on.
Jan 23, 2016 9:05 AM
Jan 2016
sayyy said:
Any word on next season?

No word just yet, there is a glimmer of hope that it gets announced in the summer for fall/autumn. If not, I'm almost certain we will see a 2017 release
Jan 23, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2015
MysticPhantom said:
sayyy said:
Any word on next season?

No word just yet, there is a glimmer of hope that it gets announced in the summer for fall/autumn. If not, I'm almost certain we will see a 2017 release

Can only hope. One of my favorites.
Apr 6, 2016 10:57 PM

Aug 2013
Amazing.... simply amazing. Gonna miss binge watching this show every day. Hopefully a new season gets announced soon, but this definitely has a good finality to it. Time to move on to the manga I guess.

Series as a whole would be a 9/10 for me. Had some of the best fights I have ever seen in anime, but also had some boring ones and moments. All in all though, excellent watch.
DicklesworthApr 6, 2016 11:31 PM
May 14, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
Kamogawa and Nekota were amazing. Also I wonder how Yuki lived the rest of her life. IMO the last four episodes were the highlight of HnI due to its grittiness and emotional themes.
May 14, 2016 10:20 PM
Jun 2013
I wasn't too crazy about the flashback at first, but it took me for a really emotional ride. Beautiful story. It adds a lot to the significance of Ippo's character.
I need another season.
Jul 6, 2016 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
Best fight possible to end on. Don't know if there will be another fight in this serious as emotional as that one.
9/10

ps. Mr_Shnb sucks
Jul 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
Great flashbacks.
8/10 This was slightly better than New Challenger.

RediceRyan said:
ps. Mr_Shnb sucks

tf? come at me i'll 1v1 ur ass irl m8
Oct 4, 2016 8:27 PM

Sep 2010
That body blow at the end was awesome! Hajime no Ippo is so good at conveying the feeling of power in those punches, it was like that GI's stomach should have exploded. Great way to end the series, definitely looking forward to the next one.
May 14, 2017 10:47 PM

May 2015
The best sports anime I've seen and one of the best animes ever made period.

May 19, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2014
Monochrome said:
Damn the animation at the end if the fight was amazing. Seriously, they did better than I could have hoped with this arc.

In general, this season was amazing. Even though they cut out a few parts I would have liked to see animated, the soundtrack and pacing and interesting fights far surpass NC. I think the only other disappointment in this series is Takamura's fight. So boring.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another season. I'll probably end up reading it in the manga before that happens, but I really can't wait to see

Aichiro said:
Kamogawa is too hard on himself though, I wouldn't have rejected Yuki.

j0x said:
the only thing that bothered me this episode is that Kamogawa rejected Yuki, why not love both boxing and Yuki at thesame time, damn
Kamogawa mainly rejected Yuki for Nekota. Kamogawa only saw her as a friend and even if he did accept her feelings, he probably wouldn't feel right taking her from his best bro. He already said something along these lines in one of the past episodes .-.

He loved her, why do you think that he first hit nekota when he spoke about Yuki, both knew they loved her and nekota had respects for kamogawa because he put his friendship with nekota over his love.
May 22, 2017 1:17 PM

May 2016
That was ironic I loved that animation it was way too good to be true I was mesmerized.
such a good way to end this season Kamogawa was so damn strong even stronger than any other boxer I have ever seen in this series.
Jun 14, 2017 4:01 AM

Mar 2013
Damn... I'm awestruck now that I've finally completed Hajime no Ippo anime series. It's gonna be hard to fill up the void building up inside me...

The season was alright. It wasn't as good as New Challenger but the spectacular arc of Kamogawa/Nekota's backstory left a great impression me. It's a shame that only Aoki and Ippo got to hear their backstory firsthand haha.

When I look back at how it all began, how far we've come together with characters and finally how it made me experience myriad of emotions throughout its journey... I couldn't help and got teary-eyed :')

I don't think any season can replace the very first HnI anime which was iconic in every aspect :')

Welp, I don't think it'll be getting another anime adaptation anytime soon so I'll be patiently waiting when the time comes.

8/10
Aug 30, 2017 4:25 PM
Mar 2015
That was probably one of the most intense Boxing match I've seen in this season. Kamogawa's tekken just looks and sounds painful on impact.

I like how Kamogawa stuck to the bro code and didn't betray Nekoda when Yuki tried to confess to him. They have such a good friendship.

I'd give this season a 8/10. A really good end to a season.

Hajime No Ippo Onward coming like 2019. Since the season gap is 2000-2009-2013.
Aug 31, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2017
Great episode, it was exciting watching Kamogawa destroy the guy's rib. Sad to see he wasn't able to confess his love to Yuki but he was a good guy letting his best friend have her. Hope to see a new season and the fight between Ippo and Miyata

Dec 16, 2017 5:18 PM

Apr 2016
Watched the whole series S1-S3 within 2 weeks took me long to finish but it's a fucking great ride. This last arc got me into feels, and every after fight tbh. I'm gonna miss the show and the sequel probably will take long like 2020(?)

10/10
EuphoriaDec 16, 2017 5:49 PM
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Jan 5, 2018 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
Got to say kind of disappointed in this season. It's overall a good, but it has lost some of the spark of the previous seasons and movies. Don't know what it is, but it's missing something for me to rank it as highly..
Aug 13, 2018 7:03 PM

Jan 2018
I honestly think that the last episodes were the best in the second and third seasons. I would had been beter of they left this sory and maked it into forth season 12 eps anime in my personal opinion. Over all the second and the third season are not as good as the first one and the movie of Kimura. They feelt like more chesy and light animes (exsept the first word title mach of Takamyra and the afterwar part).
Aug 25, 2018 4:25 AM

Mar 2017
Holy mother of shaky cams, that was one brutal K.O.!

This was a very touching finale, and it actually works as a finale for the anime as a whole, too. Even though I'll be moving on to the manga now, I still wish for another season (or a movie) of course.

This season gets a 7/10 from me, since I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Dec 8, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
Ouch, that must be really hurt.. I can even stand to see it without cringing
That was a nice wrapped ending, but still left me unsatisfied :(

It's really sad that both Kamogawa and Nekota's seiyuu have passed away :(
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2019 8:42 PM

Jun 2016
This season is downright dogshit.
Mar 17, 2019 5:39 PM

Oct 2015
Kinda was disappointed that they had to end the show with the reminiscent of Nekota and Gen. Gen was the coolest person in that situation, choosing his friendship over love. If it was an American show he would have chosen love instead, those guys are so predictable in making shows.

I wanted to see a Miyata/Ippo fight or Ippo going to become world champion, it seems those goals weren't in this season's mind at all. I also would like for him to get with his girl and make it official.

I see why now the score was lowers than previous season. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 22, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
I think that's the first time I've got teary eyed watching this anime since the Date flashback arc with the loss of his child.
What a fucking arc that was, I'm blown away by it honestly, so glad they gave it a 4 episode run.
I'm tempted to bump my rating up to 9/10 just for how strong that arc was and how much I loved the ending.
Jun 21, 2019 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, truly great fight, Kamogawa just defeated someone in a totally different weight class with a true killer punch.
This was the best fight this season In my opinion.
Damn that goodbye scene, almost teared up until I saw Aoki's hairstyle.
Lmao Nekota "And that is Aoki Masaru, you can forget about that one" damn savage
Great end for this season.

Jan 20, 2020 7:05 PM
Jul 2010
Man I was never a huge fan of this series but watched through all 3 seasons since I wanted to know what the hype was about and because of my brother spamming me.
I think Hajime no Ippo is extremely overhyped but still a solid anime with its up and downs. This last season however, surprised me. The Kamogawa arc was extremely good and by far the greatest arc that this show has had to offer so far in the anime. I'm glad I stuck with the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2020 7:11 PM
Jul 2010
Edocchi said:
This season is downright dogshit.

I don't agree. This season was definitely much better than the previous ones imo, especially compared to new challenger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2016
It’s an amazing episode, it was great! I really hope there will be a new season, I’ve loved so much this series!
Apr 6, 2020 6:57 AM

May 2015
Damn, those punches. I felt them thourgh screen. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 1, 2020 11:21 AM

Nov 2018
Now this is what you call some top tier drama, very emotional and edge-of-your-seat stuff right here, I love how the Post World War II arc fleshed out Kamogawa and Nekota's backstories. Overall, I think this season was great as it brought out a lot more drama than last season. The fights were awesome, intense and high stakes as usual.

I hope we get another season in the making in the near future, I still want to hold off of the manga as much as I can since I'm enjoying the shit out of this series. Only 46 out of ~130 volumes are covered, so we have enough material for several new seasons and hundreds of episodes of HnI.

9/10 rating for this season.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 14, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2020
I felt that punch at the end damn you Kamogawa..... ONTO THE MANGA!
Jan 14, 2021 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
Oh boy, oh boy, Nekota and Kamogawa were some real badasses back in the days, especially Kamogawa was some mad fucker. He drilled the log in that hill with his fists and still destroyed Anderson. This man is allowed to call Ippo brat lol.

Gotta say it was an amazing backstory/ sidestory arc. It took what made this series so awesome into a different era and it worked. At the end I looked almost as Ippo and Aoki.

A great season overall again. It's just a shame that the anime ends here, even tho there's still, so, so much more content left to adapt. Well, maybe one day.

9/10 only because it was more fleshed out, but animation and OST made almost up for it

#prayforS4

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2021 7:41 AM

Nov 2019
Holy shit this was an amazing journey.... MANGA HERE I COME.

Also R.I.P to every staff that passed away along the journey: Utsumi Kenji, Nagai Ichirou and every viewer who didn't get to see the end.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jul 4, 2021 10:59 AM

May 2016
It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that Kamogawa ended up launching the nukes back to America on Japan's behalf because of how he absolutely decimated Anderson's ribcage through those body blows of his, damn!

It would've been nice if we got to see Nekota and Yuki together until her final moments had passed Up-style but the vow Kamogawa had made to Yuki definitely made me emotional as hell especially when he had finally found a successor in Ippo.

This season felt surprisingly short to me. I suppose that time flies when you're having fun, after all. I hope that season 4 will be coming soon!

Aug 22, 2021 9:21 PM

Aug 2018
The best anime of all time. Is now over.... im so sad rn :(

10/10.

Jan 2, 2022 3:40 PM

Dec 2007
weird decision to end the series with this arc, you would expected for much more "ending" episode than this one like NC did. never the less, it was fine arc and one hell and epic episode that only hajime no ipp knows how to do.

though Rising is much better than NC, i still cannot say this was as the first.
it started slowly but continued very awesome, but still didn't felt like it influenced by NC direct flow. the animation is great but for me it's seems that only the first series animation can do, no matter how much it isn't "updated" lol.
still amazing series, and hoping for more. if there's something that made me stopping watching for some time hajime no ippo is it's repetitiveness, it makes me less get addicted to it. still hajime no ippo is one of the best sport anime out there.

9/10 for Rising
10/10 for the whole series 'till far
Feb 2, 2022 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
I came back here after all this time thinking surely there will be a sequel by now. Sigh.
May 1, 2022 8:15 PM

Dec 2020
Damn it's over already, pretty sad to see the anime end even if this season ended on such a high note.

I'll be waiting if S4 ever comes, until then manga here I come
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM

» Season 4 ? ( 1 2 )

marian11 - Mar 29, 2014

85 by ParaParaJMo »»
Mar 13, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2014

70 by hector_01 »»
Jan 14, 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.