Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2022 9:58 AM
Jul 2021
tomo always being the best! also short hair tomo in the preview????? scandalous
Nov 5, 2022 10:37 AM

Jan 2010
This episode was pure slice of life, containing a decent amount of comedy interspersed between lots of self-reflection and reminiscence. It's nice seeing the characters so varied in their approaches to life, and while they're having fun goofing off every day, they're still thinking about plans and goals for the future, even if they don't know what they want yet. Even still, there are characters content with not having any particular goals, and are content with the boundless amounts of freedom they currently have. In a sense, the stress and pressure one has is, at times, determined by how much you want to achieve something, and that in and of itself can be a personal drive. It really comes down to if there's anything you want badly enough to work for, and if not, then enjoying life is a valid option. Enjoy peaceful times while they last, I suppose.
Jan 14, 2023 9:12 PM

Sep 2017
so sakaki's va is on the radio

osaka lookin sus

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 10, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2019
I've watched this series quite a few times and somehow I have absolutely no memory of this episode at all. It feels like it slipped out of Kare Kano or something.
May 27, 2023 3:25 AM

Aug 2018
A truly excellent episode. Reminds me a lot of ep13 of K-On (s1) where all the girls are separate for a change and the usual happy go lucky atmosphere turns quiet and introspective. Kinda sucks we didn't get to see more of Osaka but I guess there's not much rational thought going on in her head to contemplate anyway. I hope we get at least one more episode like this one before this show ends.
Jun 18, 2023 4:31 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The Yawn Master Osaka. It's her street name. 

When you're an adult with an adult job but it's not fancy or world changing. I get that entire ass dinner scene.

Though Nyamo is a fucking moron. "I love my current job." Girl get money. What are you doing? 

This was visually one of the prettiest background episodes. This series could use more of it. 
Jul 12, 2023 1:31 AM

Jul 2021
"I ran out of convenience stores, so I was headed to the eraser"
Nah, this is the funniest scene of the episode.

Comedy aside this episode had a different tone from its predecessors. It was very deep and got me thinking about the future. For example, when Kagura says that the other friends have a lot of freedom, only to realize that she is the one who has decided to train and work hard to go to the nationals or when Nyamo was indecisive about what to do with her life going forward and in the end, she realizes that it's her life so she should do whatever she wants to, then Yukari asks her what she is going to do going forward and Nyamo replies with I don't know. It made me think that you'll never really know what you will do until you get to that moment so it's better to enjoy the little moments, Kagura sits down with Chiyo to drink some juice while looking at the falling sakura petals, while Nyamo and Yukari also sit under sakura tree looking at the sakura petals as they drink.

The tone wasn't the only good point of this episode, this episode also had some of the best art when comparing the prior episodes. In my opinion, this might be the best episode of this show.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Sep 19, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2020
Just like I expected, this is starting to get a melancholic tone near the end. The fact girls are approaching to their last year till the eventual graduation. Youth is a part of life that will eventually be gone for all of us. Incredible episode, I am near crying right now. I don't want this to end.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 18, 2023 4:43 AM

Jul 2021
I think this is one of the best episodes of a tv show I've ever seen. Very much a precursor to what K-on will do later. I love how this focused on the themes of growing up, not just high school but beyond that too. Plus, the freedom to do whatever you want.
Mar 9, 7:10 PM
Feb 2024
this episode hit different. many feels...
Apr 13, 3:36 AM

Aug 2022
Quite a seriuos episode, which I didn't expect at all. Still I'm all for it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 13, 2008

67 by AceGeek »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

then - Jan 28, 2008

182 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 26, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 18, 2008

80 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 26, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 13, 2008

77 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 7, 2008

97 by PostBaking »»
Apr 24, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.