Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2014 8:41 AM
Apr 2008
"No, senpai this is our fight!"
I'm getting sick of this line

It was promising at first but towards the end it's a disappointment
Mar 30, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2014
Wow i'm really gonna miss this anime:( But really that line AGAIN? , but i am really hoping for a second season because of what i've seen in the closing credits... for me this anime is better than Maken-ki and HS dxd, I mean it's the only harem anime that's kind of not really boring to watch and you always look up to every weeek, but anyways..Gonna miss this show hehe Empire of the dawn.. nICE!
Mar 30, 2014 9:01 AM
Feb 2009
i guess i wont mind a harem ending...

overall a nice series 8/10 (not as good as tokyo raven tho)
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 30, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
So, Koujo basically knocked-up all the girls in his harem? How lovely. It was an okayish series, the chromatic filter was terrible though and I hope studios will stop using it, the story was mediocre and the characters not too interesting. Could have used more Natsuki-chan. A gracious 6/10 for the good parts.
Mar 30, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2014
Harem ending ftw. Otherwise the best girl, namely La Folia, won't win at all.

Loved Reina's reaction to Kojou sucking Yukina's blood.

Was hoping they'd spare us with the whole "No senpai. This is our fight" thing...

Overall fun series, who's main selling point are obviously the girls.
Although nothing particularly great, I'd still love to watch another season. Just without their notorious catchphrase and more La Folia.
Mar 30, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
7/10.
Fun series with cute girls and nice animations, but (in my opinion) there wasn't that much development.
I guess a solid ending for the series.
Mar 30, 2014 12:39 PM
Mar 2012
I liked the anime. Hopefully there will be a season 2 in the future but I think there's only like 3 volumes of the light novel that they didn't cover.

Last arc was from the side story Yukina Before/After. Pretty cool that they used it to end the season because that was a pretty good ending.

The line has been dropped again, it's so disappointing.

Probably give this anime a 7-8/10
Mar 30, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
this anime was really nice ^^
Mar 30, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
I think they have missed something.

The reason they made the new weapon for Yukina was that her old one broke, so going back in time giving her the new weapon directly after her old one broke would mean that the reason for making a new weapon is gone and it was never created so she could not have gone back and gave Yukina the weapon as the reason it was made does not exist. also my thoughts are, how did she kill the monster from the beginning before the girl went back in time and gave Yukina her new weapon? in that timeline how did she kill the monster?

Mar 30, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Iie senpai this is our fight. Daaamn this phrase is killing me. X.X
Overall pretty nice, that girl was Yukina and Kojou's daughter heheh (i have to say that i'd like to go 20-30 years in the past to see how my parents were then).
8/10 but 5/5 for this ep.

It seems like there will be a second season.
Mar 30, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
Good show, better than tokyo ravens.
Ending was meh, but could be worse.

Also can somebody tell me, is strike the blood EX canon or not?
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Mar 30, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Wow I quite liked this series had absolutely beautiful animation and eyestyles La folia, Koujo's kid, Natsuki for instance and so many others, great girls in this one. Got a little bit boring at times bit I've had much worse. I also really enjoyed the first OP, is great. One thing that really impressed me is at least they had some balls to actually show what happens in the future, I mean they showed their beautiful daughter and everything, not cowardly left open like so many harem types and that really really impressed me these last two eps. So I'm giving it 7+1/10 for making it great to watch for the most part and the great first OP. Then I'm being REALLY generous with another +1 for actually showing what happens in the future, well done, you've got balls.
9/10

Mar 30, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
You know the last time she said this is our fight, was literally the only time I was like, yeah this line is okay here. I mean so much of it revolved around Yukina getting her spear broken and then getting a new one, so in this sense it actually was her fight.
Mar 30, 2014 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
Was a fun show while it lasted. The anime didn't specify who was Moegi's father, so I guess its a Yukina end unless there is a second season. Wouldn't mind watching the second season either.

Story was decent I guess, arc by arc in nature with some remained development. It never really bored me although there were low points where it wasn't very interesting. 5/10 for story.

Characters were pretty decent. Although some of them were really generic, they showed some romantic development throughout the series and I liked alot of the cast. My favourite character is still Asagi ;) 7/10 for characters.

I really enjoyed this show though, I would give enjoyment a 7/10.

Overall it's probably a very high 6 but since I feel generous towards this anime for being a decent harem and considering it ended really well I give it a 7.
Mar 30, 2014 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
ClawViper7 said:
Was a fun show while it lasted. The anime didn't specify who was Moegi's father, so I guess its a Yukina end unless there is a second season. Wouldn't mind watching the second season either.

Story was decent I guess, arc by arc in nature with some remained development. It never really bored me although there were low points where it wasn't very interesting. 5/10 for story.

Characters were pretty decent. Although some of them were really generic, they showed some romantic development throughout the series and I liked alot of the cast. My favourite character is still Asagi ;) 7/10 for characters.

I really enjoyed this show though, I would give enjoyment a 7/10.

Overall it's probably a very high 6 but since I feel generous towards this anime for being a decent harem and considering it ended really well I give it a 7.

The light novel specifically states Moegi is Koujo's daughter with Asagi, there is no way around it.
Mar 30, 2014 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Solid ending, no last kiss scene though.
Overall I'm getting a little tired of Light Novel adaptations full of character trait cliches.
So it gets a 6.5/10.

More importantly, this is my
5000th forum post!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2012
RediceRyan said:
Solid ending, no last kiss scene though.
Overall I'm getting a little tired of Light Novel adaptations full of character trait cliches.
So it gets a 6.5/10.

More importantly, this is my
5000th forum post!!!!!!!
Holy shit how much time did you spend on the bb code?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 30, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2014
Season 2, Season 2! Pls! My score: 9/10
Mar 31, 2014 3:46 AM

Jan 2011
So Reina's huge and ridiculously bouncy rack didnt manage to bring up the score? Anime team is dissapoint with you guys :D
Mar 31, 2014 5:17 AM
Mar 2014
well, in my opinion.. Second season is a big no-no since the ending pretty much sums up everything.. but of course one or two OVAs would be nice too..
Mar 31, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2011
WHY YOU DO THISSSSSSSSSSS A NON-HAREM ENDINGGGGGGGGGG
oh yeah a 9. Not that I'm overratin or what, but I have to balance the marks. And I truly enjoyed the show. But the last 2 arcs are a no go for me, they only deserved 6. Increasing the numbers of plotholes wasn't such a good idea after all. Well, a "certain" magical show will overshadow this, I'm SURE.
grayrebornnhyMar 31, 2014 6:04 AM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Mar 31, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
8/10, enjoyed watching this series. Will miss La Folia :( wanna more of her
Waiting for S2
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Mar 31, 2014 8:56 AM

May 2011
quoted this off someone on the net

Kojou: "This is my child!"
Himeragi: "No senpai..........this is our child!"

totally made my day lol!

I really did enjoyed this series throughout, needed more asagi and la folia, and maybe a little bit less of himeragi. Seems like we'll have to wait for a long time for another season, since the existing LN materials will not suffix for another 2 cour..

Dat moegi at the end <3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
That troll at the end =D
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 31, 2014 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
Kiev said:
quoted this off someone on the net

Kojou: "This is my child!"
Himeragi: "No senpai..........this is our child!"

totally made my day lol!

I really did enjoyed this series throughout, needed more asagi and la folia, and maybe a little bit less of himeragi. Seems like we'll have to wait for a long time for another season, since the existing LN materials will not suffix for another 2 cour..

Dat moegi at the end <3
I LOL'ed
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 31, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
^ lol.

Well i guess that concludes STB. Tons of plotholes but it was okay, i guess.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 31, 2014 9:49 AM
Jan 2014
Goddamnit it's ended already :((

One of the best endings of this season. Will keep an eye out on the news for 2nd season.
Kojou's harem is one of the best for sure. I'm gonna miss La Folia so bad...

And I was hoping to see Sayaka's son/daughter at the end :(

4/5 --> 9/10
Mar 31, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
As of now only two of Kojou's children are known in the novel right?
Mar 31, 2014 12:41 PM

Jun 2011
Kinda weak ending but at least we Akatsuki's future kingdom and Asagi's child.

This has been an awesome series for me as it kinda reminded me of Toaru and i love shows with that kind of supernatural settings.

Art and animation were great imo. Love the characters design and the females were drawn really well. Every main female characters were likable, at least to me they are.

Absolutely LOVE both the 1st and 2nd OP and ED of the series. Akeboshi's song is just so fastpaced and upbeat. Altima's song imo fit the show more than Akeboshi's, just love the beat and pretty much the song overall. 1st ED by Yuka Iguchi's ED is a more upbeat kind of ED that strangely fit the 1st cour of the series. However Kanon's ED did a stellar job with the slow and relaxing pace of her song which fits every episodes ending for the 2nd cour of the show. Overall they did a really good job with the OP's and ED's as they all fit into the respective start and end of each episode for the 2 cour.

Will miss this show along with Tokyo Ravens as they were my favourite 2 cour shows from last season. 10/10.
Mar 31, 2014 7:36 PM

Sep 2010
reaction of the last 3 arcs:

'eh'

cant spell "strike the blood" without "anticlimactic ".... or something
7/10 since im feeling sorta generous
Apr 1, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2009
Good final episode!!!

I was a bit curious to see how they would wrap the arc in just this episode and it sure escalated pretty quickly. Good to learn more about the monster being and it was a decent fight with the new Sekkarou Himeragi received from Reina and that combination attack was pretty good. Kojou sucking blood from Himeragi with no hesitation was quite funny despite being in front of everyone. Nice way of ending the series of showing the entire cast and that epilogue scene showing Reina returning and welcomed back by Moegi.

Overall this is was definitely a great series to watch with a very interesting set of characters with an exciting plot. The animation was great and the music complemented the action scenes. It was a shame we didn't get to see 'Fairy's Coffin Arc' as that is a very important arc but hoping a second season!!

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 9/10
Story/Plot: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Score: 9/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Apr 2, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2014
Not too shaby I give it a 7.5/10

And I hope 2 season will come
Apr 2, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
Yes, Akatsuki. Please do enjoy your future wife's panties :x
Apr 2, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2011
What a solid Anime. Really well done in my opinion, great art, just enough fan service, comedy, amazing characters. 9/10 (because Yukina still and will always annoy me and Sayaka should have been the main heroine. :P)
Apr 3, 2014 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Did nobody catch the paradox time change. At the end of the last episode Reina says "It was good to see father alive" Implying that in her future he was dead. I'm guessing in the future he was killed by the dragon thing and Yukina was probably on a path of vengeance to kill the dragon and so her new weapon was made in order to defeat it. But then they had an idea to go back in time with the weapon they now have to kill it. Her going there probably lured it as it is a time dimension dragon whatever. So the daughter goes back in time because since she doesn't yet exist and lowers the risk of messing up time (A double yukina may raise eyebrows). Because the dragon is then killed in the past it no longer can kill kojou in the future. When she returns and says as much the other chick is like "you talked to him this morning" because time has been altered only she knows and in the "other" time/dimension he is killed by the dragon so she not only gets them together but saves her father. phew that was long.
Apr 3, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2008
Empire of the Dawn = Akatsuki's Empire
That sums it up for the last 2 episode's title as well as the foreshadowing.
So, in the near future, Kojou and Yukina will rule the island?I really am looking forward for them being the King and Queen. hahaha
Anyway, I will miss the show after watching it for 6 months and although it had some meh moments sometimes I'm still glad it's a good attempt by Silver Link to produce an action anime and being an expy of ToAru. I'll give it my own standard scoring of 7.95/10.00.
I can't really wait for season 2. I'm interested for Avrora's backstory and how it possessed Kojou's imouto as well as the connection between Mogwai and that eyeglasses guy. I'm really surprised they pulled some strings together in some arcs.
FalloutShounen3Apr 3, 2014 6:51 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 3, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
Leio said:
Vatler's reaction when Akatsuki sucked Himeragi's blood. lol

If Moegi is older than Reina, does that mean Akatsuki and Asagi were together first? And what's with Mogwai?

-You noticed Mogwai sometimes doesn't give full details of the events or missions to Asagi?
Probably that's one of the ways he and that eyeglasses dude are testing Yukina and Kojou to hone them for a future battle against them or with them.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 3, 2014 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
yakuria said:
Did nobody catch the paradox time change. At the end of the last episode Reina says "It was good to see father alive" Implying that in her future he was dead. I'm guessing in the future he was killed by the dragon thing and Yukina was probably on a path of vengeance to kill the dragon and so her new weapon was made in order to defeat it. But then they had an idea to go back in time with the weapon they now have to kill it. Her going there probably lured it as it is a time dimension dragon whatever. So the daughter goes back in time because since she doesn't yet exist and lowers the risk of messing up time (A double yukina may raise eyebrows). Because the dragon is then killed in the past it no longer can kill kojou in the future. When she returns and says as much the other chick is like "you talked to him this morning" because time has been altered only she knows and in the "other" time/dimension he is killed by the dragon so she not only gets them together but saves her father. phew that was long.

You have an interesting theory... But isn't Akatsuki's kingdom a side story from the yukina before/after light novel??
Apr 3, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
ArcanaTrace said:
Kinda weak ending but at least we Akatsuki's future kingdom and Asagi's child.

This has been an awesome series for me as it kinda reminded me of Toaru and i love shows with that kind of supernatural settings.

Art and animation were great imo. Love the characters design and the females were drawn really well. Every main female characters were likable, at least to me they are.

Absolutely LOVE both the 1st and 2nd OP and ED of the series. Akeboshi's song is just so fastpaced and upbeat. Altima's song imo fit the show more than Akeboshi's, just love the beat and pretty much the song overall. 1st ED by Yuka Iguchi's ED is a more upbeat kind of ED that strangely fit the 1st cour of the series. However Kanon's ED did a stellar job with the slow and relaxing pace of her song which fits every episodes ending for the 2nd cour of the show. Overall they did a really good job with the OP's and ED's as they all fit into the respective start and end of each episode for the 2 cour.

Will miss this show along with Tokyo Ravens as they were my favourite 2 cour shows from last season. 10/10.

Well IMO the 2nd opening's animations were pretty stupid.
But I really LOVED the first opening and ending. Strike my soul is nothing short of amazing! I even ordered the singles from Cdjapan which should arrive this week.
Apr 4, 2014 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
Hahahahaha that was terrible, so, so fucking terrible. How I even sat through the whole series is beyond me.... How on earth does this show have a 7.6 average? Far out.
Apr 4, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2014
For some people 7.6 is too much for this series.
I was thinking about giving it 6 or 7 per 10 cuz it was something more than a time killer. But after ending in last episode when i saw that conversation between doc daughter and Kojou and Yukina daugter i started to think about this whole anime, this whole world. And.. it got quite big potential if you look at the fractions that haven't been explained yet like churches of europe etc.

After watching laster conversation FIRST TIME i was so curious about anime and i was thinking about continuation for about 2 hours just after watching anime. So i gave it 9.

AND for first time i really liked the main couple that anime is showing us (Yukina and Kojou) First time after watching around 1200 hours of anime (most i think romances) and for first time again i liked the main couple i don't know why but this Yukina kinda fits me.

Most of you won't agree for 6-9 rating but i really enjoyed it and saw potential in it. Waiting for 2nd season. If it were based on manga then i'll probably be reading it but i hate reading novels soo yea...
castiliusApr 4, 2014 1:50 AM
Apr 4, 2014 8:41 AM
Jun 2013
just finish watching it and well.. its a 4/5 cause for me the ending was kinda rush,kojou didn't get to fight without himeragi interfering and saying "no senpai,this is our fight" but oh well it was way better than mahou sensou's ending. I think this needs a season 2 like reaaaally needs a season 2,i still have lots of questions and i want to see the future,the empire of dawn ^_^
Apr 4, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
Well that killed any hopes for a harem ending. Still not that I am against that future. Too bad for Asagi though, I wonder who she ended up with?

I lot of interesting things happened this last arc, I wonder if they cut it short to fit in 2 episodes? They usually take 3-4.

The most surprising revelation was that Mogwai is either helping/associated with the guy with the spear (It surprises me that . I wonder if he will turn out to be on the other side?

Well, I hope we can get another season soon. With all the hot kisses, I mean blood sucking, there is bound to be some sales, especially if they remove all the steam.

Overall I really enjoyed this show. Nothing special but it was entertaining nonetheless. Hope there is more on the horizon.

8.5/10!
Apr 4, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
ClementIV said:
Well that killed any hopes for a harem ending. Still not that I am against that future. Too bad for Asagi though, I wonder who she ended up with?

I lot of interesting things happened this last arc, I wonder if they cut it short to fit in 2 episodes? They usually take 3-4.

The most surprising revelation was that Mogwai is either helping/associated with the guy with the spear (It surprises me that . I wonder if he will turn out to be on the other side?

Well, I hope we can get another season soon. With all the hot kisses, I mean blood sucking, there is bound to be some sales, especially if they remove all the steam.

Overall I really enjoyed this show. Nothing special but it was entertaining nonetheless. Hope there is more on the horizon.

8.5/10!

No it ends in a harem, the other girl shown in the end is Koujo's daughter with Asagi. For God's sake man, read some of the posts before you comment. Its not hard.
Apr 4, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
To be fair the anime doesn't tell you that its their daughter, its info people got from the LN. I had to look it up as well after it ended because I haven't read them.
Apr 4, 2014 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
krownklown said:
ClementIV said:

8.5/10!

No it ends in a harem, the other girl shown in the end is Koujo's daughter with Asagi. For God's sake man, read some of the posts before you comment. Its not hard.

I rarely read comments because they have often spoiled some big part of the story. However after, after I read a post in RC, someone forgot to add spoiler tags and said that the other girl could be his daughter too. So rather than begin mad, I'm actually happy.

Aerensianic said:
To be fair the anime doesn't tell you that its their daughter, its info people got from the LN. I had to look it up as well after it ended because I haven't read them.

Thanks for your support!
Apr 4, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
Anyway, the ending was totally random, why the actual fuck they are trying to pull out a future-cliché in the last two episodes. IF, you really want to do that, then do it before the series is ending lol. I don't know, the Novel might be different on regards.
6/10, it was sure funny to watch but nothing special, really. Second season? Might watch it to kill time.

AnimeFan500 said:
I wonder if Kojou had babies with all the female cast? Himeragi and Asagi YAY!!!!
Probably yes, that's lame but yes.
Apr 4, 2014 11:53 PM
Feb 2010
I got to say, I was never bored with this series. hopefully sentai or some one rekeases it.
Apr 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2008
Why do I feel relieved that this is over?

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 6, 2014 3:10 AM

Feb 2011
I'm gonna miss this series. Now begins the long wait till season 2...
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.