Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Mar 29, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
That was a good ending. 7/10

Though some story arcs were condensed and rushed out most of the time. Yes Himeragi was annoying throughout the run, but to my defense if Kojo is stopping some guys ambitions, he needed some backup to either fight another person, or need a powerful attack. Himeragi was not that bad in this episode so I'll give her credit for this.

But hey at least the character designs were attractive (La Folia, Asagi, Sayaka, well almost all the girls.) Oh wait Reina is the daughter of them..... What about Moegi, who is she? Wouldn't mind if there is a second season of this.

Mar 29, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2013
once again the world been saved by sucking Yukina.
Good Bye Strike the Blood :)
Mar 29, 2014 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
Didn't felt like a final episode rather a chapter ending episode... Still series was enjoyable...

finale - 3/5
series - 7/10
Mar 29, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2013
7/10 for me. It was good enough but never took that step I was looking for. I do like the fact that they showed us a possible future for what may be a second season though.

Also, the only reason I like this show better than dxd is because it doesn't have the overdrawn fan service. Both though far surpass Maken Ki, which is sad since I liked the manga when I first read it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Mar 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
Trippwire01 said:
antonn said:
BGMaxie said:
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Meaning?

Saa.

This exchange tho.
I honestly dunno what the hell he means with all of that '-'

kuuderes_shadow said:
Samesdday - learn to drop things you don't like.

SkyTate said:
It's kinda like Kojou just says "This is my fight." just so that Yukina can continue her "This is our fight." line like usual.

Maybe Kojou likes hearing her say that. That would be an interesting twist on things.
And the reason I left anime-planet was that. People would watch just for hating, and finding it fun for calling series they dislike garbage and rant. It was so full of poison (at least currently airing anime) that it was overbearing. Glad to know here it isn't like that, I swear I'm glad.

And I do believe Kojou said the line in purpose this time around just to listen Yukina say her part, as he was happy when she replied.
BGMaxieMar 29, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
Lol wtf is that big black censorship at the end. Hmm so Asagi will have a daugther too. Who's the father? Is Koujou dead in the future or not? I'm confused.

That was a good ending I guess.

I don't know what to feel about this series. Who wrote this piece of crap adaptation? Seriously. Let me check.... Yeah.. this guy. AW, GC, Fractale, Magi. No wonder this adaptation got fucked so badly.

I never even read the novel but I can tell that this adaptation really failed. I thought this series had a lot of potential but well, I was bored half of the time because they just move on from arc to arc instantly. It felt rushed as hell. How many volumes did they cram in this two-cour adaptation?

I find every characters interesting except the main male and female lead. Such a waste.

6/10. I enjoyed some of the episodes but yeah, mostly boring.
Mar 29, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
-MgZ_ said:
Lol wtf is that big black censorship at the end. Hmm so Asagi will have a daugther too. Who's the father? Is Koujou dead in the future or not? I'm confused.

I don't know what to feel about this series. Who wrote this piece of crap adaptation? Seriously. Let me check.... Yeah.. this guy. AW, GC, Fractale, Magi. No wonder this adaptation got fucked so badly.

I never even read the novel but I can tell that this adaptation really failed. I thought this series had a lot of potential but well, I was bored half of the time because they just move on from arc to arc instantly. It felt rushed as hell. How many volumes did they cram in this two-cour adaptation?

I find every characters interesting except the main male and female lead. Such a waste.

6 Main Volumes and 1 Extra were adapted on this season.

Also I've never checked directive staff so I wouldn't what that guy has done right or wrong, but all in all it was nicely crafted. I mean novels do tell a different arc from each volume, that much is a given and happens with Toaru, Tokyo Ravens, Date a Live, to name a few. Nothing wrong with that, it is just the way they work like.
Mar 29, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2010
I google'd Moegi and surprise! Her last name is ... I actually kinda want a season two if that's the route it will take.

BGMaxie said:
-MgZ_ said:

6 Main Volumes and 1 Extra were adapted on this season.

Also I've never checked directive staff so I wouldn't what that guy has done right or wrong, but all in all it was nicely crafted. I mean novels do tell a different arc from each volume, that much is a given and happens with Toaru, Tokyo Ravens, Date a Live, to name a few. Nothing wrong with that, it is just the way they work like.

Well, I doubt that guy has done anything right composition wise. There's literally no transition between arcs. They just suddenly introduces an enemy and defeats it after 2 or 3 episodes. Is that how it is in the novel too? Felt like they just focused where fights will happen.
Mar 29, 2014 3:04 PM
Nov 2013
And so it ends.

Strike the Blood hurts my brain so much because of all the difficult names and words that are used :s. Also the things they say before they attack like "I, Sword Shaman of the High God, as a priestess of the Lion,......" and many more. Owh boy owh boy.

And as always what Akatsuki and Himeragi say:
Akatsuki: From now on, this is my fight.
Himeragi: No senpai. This is our fight.
This really makes me laugh. (How many times did they say this? To many to count.)

This really reminds me of To Aru Majutsu no Index only a bit different.

I hope for season 2 te be announce soon.
Mar 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
MgMaster said:
A very consistent show throughout it’s entire run. StB’s the kind of anime you can easily decide whether you’ll continue watching,which means enjoying it for what it is,or drop if it’s just not your cup of tea.

6/10

Tokyo Ravens was still better though :P

yes i would agree that its one of those animes that you either love or you hate personally i absolutely enjoyed it :D and jeese i rlly wana see S2 now :P
personally i enjoyed Tokyo ravens but i think that the hole understanding of all the different families and what they each believed in and how they related to each other was hard to keep up with and became quiete confusing so had to re watch some of the EPs :P so bcus of this i enjoyed stb more due to it was less confusing and had vampires which is one of my favourite genres :P
score of stb: 10/10
i tend to rank anime high anyway with many not going bellow a score of 8 :P
Mar 29, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
bunny_lover said:
It had been fun following this anime.

FadingLight77 said:
nice to see Asagi winning in a way since she has a daughter with kojou in the future, wonder if kojou had any other daughters aside from moegi and reina
That's what it means by Akatsuki's (synonyms for morning) empire haha. I think it is referring to Akatsuki Kojou's harem!!!

Nice ending 8.5/10 ~ 9/10

xchrispx said:
Damn, so Moegi is Asagi's daughter. That's disappointing but I figured as much. I'm probably alone on this but I found Asagi boring as hell from the beginning to the end. Worst girl in my opinion.
You will find that most people, including me, begs to differ.

+1, I found Asagi nice.

So Kojou did end up having a harem haha! It was a fun ride, looking forward to a season 2.
PhinalPhlashMar 29, 2014 4:27 PM
Mar 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, that was alot haha :D.
Pretty good imo :D
S2 please!!!

So reina is kojou and himeragi. Who's the husband of doc?
And that random guy at the end with moegi and was talking to the guy that can hear well. He had the spear too. O.O.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Mar 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2013
Someone is a bit addicted to Yukina's blood... see a bit of shoulder and BAM! suck, suck, suck...

Was a decent enough watch (4/10 below average).

A jealous Yukina is a cute Yukina.
Mar 29, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
So Kojou has 2 daughters(probably more). Cool. I would have enjoyed tthis show alot more if it wasnt for himeragi's cockblocking. Woudnt mind a season 2.
IciBurnMar 29, 2014 4:51 PM
Mar 29, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2013
I actually really enjoyed this ending, most likely will have a season two but they didn't leave anything out that I couldn't live without in the first season, maybe asagi learning that Kojou is the 4th primogenitor.

So they do know that it was their daughter, they only denied it because they're shy together but they know. Mostly all the fights in this anime are going to be short and I've come to live with it. They better have a really big high merit fight in season two.

Some people might not like the harem stuff, I watch harems so I'm fine with it. Plus the whole concept of the anime is him drinking more blood to unlock more familiars to use. So even if the people who don't like harem anime, it makes sense.

I was going to give it a 7 but I'll bring it up to a 7.6, 8/10 because the ending satisfied me to the point where I'll definitely watch a second season when its made.
Mar 29, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
Even this last episode gave me some hard laugh's. I wouldn't mind if there was a season 2.

Nice pantsu Kojou xD
Mar 29, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2008
hmm so...was i the only one that actually enjoyed saying with them the
"kore kara wa, ore no kenka da!"
"iie sempai, watashitashi no kenka desu!"
i actually repeated every week since the second one XD, kinda like it...(and yes, i enjoyed when touma said "i'm gonna break that stupid illusion of yours" >w<)

so its over huh, this one reeks of a S2, ...akatsuki no teikoku..nice one XD nice one
the daugther XD the paradox XD oh god, so stupid i really enjoyed it XD
8/10 for me =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 29, 2014 6:38 PM

Feb 2010
WORNING!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 29, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2010
Yukina alone as a character and all that comes with it ruined this series. But with boring characters, generic setting, unfunny overused pervert jokes and stuff like that was horrible. But the worst part off this hole series was Yukina's "Ie, senpai, bla bla bullshit." I was about to throw my screen out the window this last episode.

The only good thing about this was that the familiars had cool names.

Why did I even watch this show? I want those hours back!

3/10
Mar 29, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
"WORNING", lol. +1 for Engrish.

I rather liked that ending. Nice glimpse of the future, where apparently Kojou rules a utopian empire (though the ending with him being referred to as 'dead' kinda messes with me, especially when Moegi contradicts her). Kojou has some hot freaking daughters, LOL.

Overall pretty solid finale. Too bad we never got to see him drink Asagi's blood. Hoping for a Season 2, we've still got lots more Familiars to unlock, and a utopia to bring about.
Mar 29, 2014 8:41 PM

Mar 2008
Great show, great ending. Glad to see Himeragi and Kojou pretty much confirmed in the end there.
Mar 29, 2014 9:15 PM

Jul 2008
Love how this season ends, I would love to see Yukina's daughter again but I doubt we will ever get a chance even in the second season :) At least we know both Kojou and Yukina are doing well in the future :D I wonder who Asagi marry then? :)
Mar 29, 2014 9:36 PM

Feb 2014
Koujo also has a daughter w/ Asagi. She was the one talking to Reina when Reina ame back to their time. We just don't know if Koujo married Asagi.
Mar 29, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
F...finally finished. I thought I'd drown in all the mediocrity. Well, I guess I did forecast this after the second time they rehashing the same 3 episodes with different enemies.
Mar 29, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2008
OrangeRafi said:
Koujo also has a daughter w/ Asagi. She was the one talking to Reina when Reina ame back to their time. We just don't know if Koujo married Asagi.
Mar 29, 2014 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
LOLed at everyone's reaction to Kojou and Himeragi getting sum in front of everyone.

6/10 would watch a second season.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 29, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2014
ShanaFlame said:
OrangeRafi said:

Mar 29, 2014 10:09 PM

Apr 2010
BGMaxie said:
Trippwire01 said:
antonn said:
BGMaxie said:
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Meaning?

Saa.

This exchange tho.
I honestly dunno what the hell he means with all of that '-'

We may never know.
Mar 29, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
OrangeRafi said:
ShanaFlame said:
OrangeRafi said:

Mar 29, 2014 10:31 PM

Dec 2011
ShanaFlame said:

"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Mar 29, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
Fritzion said:
ShanaFlame said:

Mar 29, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Samesdday - learn to drop things you don't like.

That's not sensible.
Every show has the potential to be good/have good moments, even at its last episode.
This one didn't though.
Mar 29, 2014 11:36 PM

May 2012
I'm really confused. The girl whose eyes turned to red is kojou daughter ?

But the girl with red eyes in episode 16 and 22 is kojou sister ! correct me if I'm wrong, because both look very similar.
Mar 29, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
The new arc was tied up pretty well. I'm glad Asagi and Kojou got together. They were my favorite pair. The only question that was left unanswered was the Nagisa's (or whoever it was that gave Kojou that familiar) from the previous arc.
Mar 30, 2014 12:01 AM

Aug 2012
krownklown said:
koroX said:
what the hell was that part about Kojou dying in the future, but then Moegi said he coundn't die?

I also don't get this line? What did see mean I got to see my dad before he died?

The only thing I can guess is that he has a personality shift after he becomes the true 4th, and is no longer the carefree guy he is now.

Also curious, will Koujo make his wives/lovers vampires at some point, because he won't die neither will their kids, and I don't see what is stopping him from turning them into vamps.

I was wondering how vampires work in this show. Is vampirism inherited (so Yukina x Kojou's kid is a vampire as we see), or is it something that has to explicitly happen. If it's something that has to explicitly happen, biting does not always trigger it, but has a chance to (which is why Yukina has to get tested?). Or is there some other ritual (how did the powers get passed down from Avrora to Kojou)?
Mar 30, 2014 12:01 AM

Apr 2010
I suppose it was only logical that Reina didn't tell anyone(especially her parents) her identity as it could threaten her existence. Though it hinted a little in the last episode that Natsuki may have had a good idea.
Mar 30, 2014 12:16 AM

Mar 2013
Good ending, overall fine series - 6/10
Would've been awesome if we saw Kojou/Himeragi/Asagi 20 years in the future...
Quietly waiting for season 2 now :)
Mar 30, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2008
MysteryFan89 said:
I suppose it was only logical that Reina didn't tell anyone(especially her parents) her identity as it could threaten her existence. Though it hinted a little in the last episode that Natsuki may have had a good idea.
Yeah, I'm sure Natsuki had an idea but I don't think she will ever bring it up to anyone else.

Sorafyy said:
Would've been awesome if we saw Kojou/Himeragi/Asagi 20 years in the future...
It would be better if there is an alternate version to the series showing all the characters after 20 years, putting all those plots in the current series would be too packed :D
Mar 30, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2013
If Akatsuki marries with Sayaka and La Folia. It's great!
Mar 30, 2014 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
This show leaved a bad taste in my mouth.
The characters was bad and boring with zero development, Kojou for example is exactly the same as when we first saw him in episode one, and I am pretty sure we can say that about all the character except maby Asagi, that I would let pass, but barley.

Overall, this show is generic and boring with nothing that makes it memorable or standing out.
For me its just your normal average harem show but worse xD
I would not recommend this show to anyone, waste of time.
Won't watch a second season of this..

5/10
Mar 30, 2014 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Ending was nice, felt really fast though. Honestly I had no idea what was really going on in the entire anime most of the time I just went a long with it. But that last scene after the credits though.....what just happened...
Mar 30, 2014 1:25 AM

Jun 2009
Iie senpai, this is our fight!!!

5/10

At least it's good for burning time on a boring Sunday Night.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 2:31 AM
Dec 2013
OMG, So sweet <3 <3 <3
Kojou x Yukina = Reina
Mar 30, 2014 3:30 AM

Oct 2010
Best anime this season, with noragami coming in at a close second. However, that isn't always what I thought. You can't really tell if an anime is good until the ending, which, most anime this season totally failed at.

Would definitely watch a second season.
Mar 30, 2014 3:34 AM

Nov 2010
The last scene of Reina returning to the present was interesting the rest was boring even the dragon slaying battle
Yukina throwing herself to Kojou to suck on her in front of the others was such a facepalm
Mar 30, 2014 4:39 AM

Nov 2009
Vatler's reaction when Akatsuki sucked Himeragi's blood. lol

If Moegi is older than Reina, does that mean Akatsuki and Asagi were together first? And what's with Mogwai?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 4:42 AM

Jun 2013
Rewston said:
This show leaved a bad taste in my mouth.
The characters was bad and boring with zero development, Kojou for example is exactly the same as when we first saw him in episode one, and I am pretty sure we can say that about all the character except maby Asagi, that I would let pass, but barley.

Overall, this show is generic and boring with nothing that makes it memorable or standing out.
For me its just your normal average harem show but worse xD
I would not recommend this show to anyone, waste of time.
Won't watch a second season of this..

5/10

Dude what the hell, why are watching a show that is 24 episode long if you don't like it. If tt leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and yet you keep watching, you watched for 24 weeks. I bestow to you the "fail in life" award for this week.

Also someone mentioned Koujo/ Yukina/Asagi in the future, at least Koujo would look exactly the same. He is immortal and ageless, so he should look the same.
Mar 30, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2010
The major plus of this show was the harem - A lot of awesome girls esp Sayaka and Asagi. The art was charming and I kinda liked the color tinge.

If only it didn't have repeated lines... I wanted more Asagi and Sayaka... Also maybe la Folia... :/

8/10. Solid anime...
Mar 30, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, ....

To think I was so hyped when the first episode came out. It's really a waste :/

6/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.