Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2009 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miaka looks nicer in that ponytail.

I am dying to know what's going on with Yui, especially since she's been in there for three months.
Jul 31, 2010 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
Miakas brothers expressions while eating ramen were so funny, how did her brother start at the right spot to read the book. tamahome calling nuriko a gay guy was funny, miaka in trouble again,

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 10, 2012 5:49 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode.
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Oct 26, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
...excellent music montage of the first 7 episodes there, i wonder if she left out any details at all......

"and then i was almost raped... and then i almost got laid by the emperor.... and then i almost drowned..." so on, so forth _|D

"and this is some gay guy" -well, it's true, eheheh.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 5, 2019 4:43 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Her casual outfit was much MUCH nicer. Then back to the uniform. *sigh*

Kinda made me upset we had all this lollygagging at home and "don't worry mom" exam talk. It didn't contribute much then wasting time and getting her brother on board to reading the book in Yui place. If anybody watched the episode of Digimon when Taichi gets sent back, it reminded me of that but there was no thematic or mood present, just filler and the quick nod that "time moves slower in the real world compared to the book" which could've came off snappier and more emotion filled. We have no connection with her brother at all and know nothing about him so why should I care?

Anyways onward.
Apr 11, 2019 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
So will Miaka's brother be affected by the events of the book by reading it or did that just happen to Yui because she was wearing a school uniform? Glad Tamahome is opening up to Miaka more.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 30, 2019 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
I was lightly spoiled about what went on with Yui but don't really know the what, how, when, where, why aspects, so here we go.

There's something very sensational about this show, despite some weaker aspects. Loving the soundtrack.
Jan 20, 2023 7:44 AM

Aug 2022
The show really has to quit with the starting montage of what has happened thus far. It's really at the point of annoyance now.

Miaka wears a more casual outfit. Looks good on her. Too bad she does not keep it.

Miaka goes back to the book. When she enters, Yui does not come back. Both friends are now trapped in the book and Miaka's brother is now the reader of the story. Will events in the book happen to him too? Or is this all connected to the school uniforms within the world itself?

Lastly, Tamahome finally reveals his love for Miaka, in a round-about way. Then darkness, and she disappears with a pair hands. Love how each episode leads into each other. This is a great episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime The Mysterious Play or remake the entire anime ?

KingSunWukong - May 27

2 by YukiPwns00 »»
May 27, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 33 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 21, 2010

29 by NatsukiCookies »»
May 13, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 44 Discussion

meneope - Oct 16, 2009

17 by dkjiji »»
May 4, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 21 Discussion

Gilraina - Nov 10, 2009

5 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 31, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 9 Discussion

meneope - Aug 24, 2009

11 by Emmuhzx »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.