Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Hell, I'll be watching it only to read comments about trap Kirito.
Jul 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
1st episode was pretty uneventfull i give a weak 5/10 and no im not watching this just to hate on it i actually hoped the show got some of its magic back from 1st arc bus so far no luck
Jul 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
Arlia said:
Hell, I'll be watching it only to read comments about trap Kirito.

Why is trap Kirito a thing :/
Jul 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2009
Cupquake said:
AirStyles said:

That is just ridiculous.
It's popular, so it has to be good, right?

I donno, I find Gungnam Style ridiculous.

Whether it's good or not is one thing, you rating it 10 for the heck of it is a complete other issue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
AirStyles said:
Cupquake said:
It's popular, so it has to be good, right?

Whether it's good or not is one thing, you rating it 10 for the heck of it is a complete other issue.
I'm just paying my respects to great anime
Jul 5, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2009
Cupquake said:
AirStyles said:

I'm just paying my respects to great anime

And popularity =/= great.

By that logic, twilight is one of the greatest movie franchise of our time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Expectations aside....

I guess these threads will be again people repeating themselves with(mostly 9 out of 10) random flaws only they can see or people complaining about GETTING explanations.

Poor SAO,no matter what , you can never win.
Jul 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
Mullegun said:
Meh..I'll watch it to watch it. If I like it then I like it. If I dislike I'll express the dislike, but won't eagerly go to discussions and look for threads just to hate it.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jul 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Expectations aside....

I guess these threads will be again people repeating themselves with(mostly 9 out of 10) random flaws only they can see or people complaining about GETTING explanations.

I don't think it'll be as heavily discussed as last year though, I mean, a lot of people who were disappointed in the past like myself, probably approach SAO this year expecting a lot less.
Jul 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2011
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
Expectations aside....

I don't think it'll be as heavily discussed as last year though, I mean, a lot of people who were disappointed in the past like myself, probably approach SAO this year expecting a lot less.

Well you'll be pleasantly surprised by a few things since the GGO arc is far and wide regarded as the better one of the series especially coming after the lackluster ALO.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
You're prob right AirStyles, unless season 2 is better than season one or does something really extreme. Like Asuna getting pregnant
Jul 5, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not a fan of the series but I will watch it only because I saw the first season.
My signature is lame...
Jul 5, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 2014
I have a question...is Kirito going to betray Asuna? Depending on the answer I hear I might watch/not watch the second season
Jul 5, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Who ever came up with this fact has a sad mind.
I would you waste your time just to criticize?! Don't you have someone else to watch ? Watch that.
I am here to watch SAO II FOR THE SAKE that I enjoyed SAO and ALO
ignored all the haters and I am here to watch to enjoy ,welli will listen to some criticism
But won't take it as an offense I mean ,this is something to enjoy .
Some may hate it but that is how it is.
The new season looks strong
Jul 5, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2010
alexlupu said:
I have a question...is Kirito going to betray Asuna? Depending on the answer I hear I might watch/not watch the second season
No, but less Asuna more action
Jul 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
Expectations aside....

Except that you are one of those normal people that dont bitch about..everything in an episode of SAO. I dont think this has anything to do with expectations.
Ahegyao said:
AirStyles said:

Well you'll be pleasantly surprised by a few things since the GGO arc is far and wide regarded as the better one of the series especially coming after the lackluster ALO.
Dont do this please.

Sinon alone is a big reason why I am sure that A-1 will do a shitty job again.Unless they do a 180 and actually do include some of her inner monologues or narration about her.
Jul 5, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2009
Ahegyao said:
AirStyles said:

I just like to express this from the viewpoint of an anime only viewer.

When we hear Sword Art Online, the image that pops up in our head and got us excited is Aincrad.

Aincrad wasn't done well imo, and ALO further damage SAO for us.

Let's put it this way.

Imagine a great Aincrad vs a great GGO.

I can tell you, that a great Aincrad will be more attractive to the average viewer.

What I'm trying to say is, unless GGO is done really well, I think it's a tall order for SAO as a franchise to win back those who were let down by the first season.
Jul 5, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
alexlupu said:
Yes
Jul 5, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2014
Will we have to deal with Suguha? If so I'll probably not watch.

Everyone else, ANYONE ELSE, Jst please, no more Suguha
Jul 5, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
StardustNyako said:
Will we have to deal with Suguha? If so I'll probably not watch.

Everyone else, ANYONE ELSE, Jst please, no more Suguha

Yes there will be more Suzuha
Jul 5, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
alexlupu said:
ssjokg said:
Yes

yes?? wtf shall I believe?
The LN. Just read it.
Jul 5, 2014 12:45 PM
Apr 2014
StardustNyako said:
alexlupu said:

yes?? wtf shall I believe?
The LN. Just read it.

so in the LN Kirito betrays Asuna? What a bummer....screw the second season, I won't watch it after all
Jul 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
Forgetfulness said:
tomi02 said:

Why is trap Kirito a thing :/
Don't you know it's mandatory for SAO to explore all the different types of romance and fetishes?

We've had harem (?), loli, vanilla, tentacles, NTR and wincest so far. Can't wait to see what else we have besides traps in this season ;)

Oh god O.O you just made realize this show is more fucked up then i tought it was :/
Jul 5, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2011
AirStyles said:

I just like to express this from the viewpoint of an anime only viewer.

When we hear Sword Art Online, the image that pops up in our head and got us excited is Aincrad.

Aincrad wasn't done well imo, and ALO further damage SAO for us.

Let's put it this way.

Imagine a great Aincrad vs a great GGO.

I can tell you, that a great Aincrad will be more attractive to the average viewer.

What I'm trying to say is, unless GGO is done really well, I think it's a tall order for SAO as a franchise to win back those who were let down by the first season.

What were you expecting out of Aincrad? To be like .Hack//Sign or Log Horizon? Sorry if it wasn't.

It's really unfair to put up and compare the whole series to the first arc, as much as iconic as it is. The whole theme of multiple virtual worlds is the point of it and you're going at it the wrong way imo.

@ssjokg
Yeah, well I like Sinon too but that's not the ONLY reason to watch it. Thanks for the unwarranted pessimism.
Jul 5, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
alexlupu said:
StardustNyako said:
The LN. Just read it.

so in the LN Kirito betrays Asuna? What a bummer....screw the second season, I won't watch it after all

Wow. You're really gullible, aren't you?
Jul 5, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
While it's not something I generally enjoy doing,usually preferring to just not watch the a show I dislike,overhyped shows such as SAO are just BEGGING to be criticized. So yea,sign me up. Thought,others will probably do it better than me and I'll simply enjoy reading their comments :P
Jul 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2009
Ahegyao said:

@ssjokg
Yeah, well I like Sinon too but that's not the ONLY reason to watch it. Thanks for the unwarranted pessimism.

A-1's fault not mine.
Jul 5, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
So basically its a "Lets count how many masochist are here" thread.

Jun 2011
DiviMike said:
While it's not something I generally enjoy doing,usually preferring to just not watch the a show I dislike,overhyped shows such as SAO are just BEGGING to be criticized. So yea,sign me up. Thought,others will probably do it better than me and I'll simply enjoy reading their comments :P

Is it even overhyped if it's overhated as well? Kind of cancels out two and two together now.

Aug 2009
DiviMike said:
No they wont do it better.They never did it good anyway.
Jul 5, 2014 12:57 PM
Apr 2014
Yowaizumi said:
alexlupu said:

Wow. You're really gullible, aren't you?

Don't be naive. It's not the first person I ask about this matter and it won't be the last one. Still, after hearing what he said what was I going to reply? :p
Jul 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:

A-1's fault not mine.

Better than how MADHOUSE handles LN adaptations. That much is certain.
Jul 5, 2014 12:58 PM
Aug 2013
I will, problems? Btw i rank this episode cancer/10 , only reason not total crap was the last scene with the green haired Yoko.
Jul 5, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Ahegyao said:
ssjokg said:

A-1's fault not mine.

Better than how MADHOUSE handles LN adaptations. That much is certain.

I wont include all studios that let me down.It's not healthy.
blazered said:
I will, problems? Btw i rank this episode cancer/10 , only reason not total crap was the last scene with the green haired Yoko.
And this is the problem with today's online communities.
Jul 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
I won't because participating in hate bandwagons is fucking retarded and immature. It's the most despicable form of ego-patting, regardless of how much you sugarcoat it.

I'm going to watch it because I actually want to watch it.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jul 5, 2014 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
Nah, but I kinda not a fan of MC anymore.
Jul 5, 2014 1:02 PM
Apr 2014
wow such people
much hate
wow
Jul 5, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2011
alexlupu said:
wow such people
much hate
wow

I thought this was only acceptable behavior on 4chan/reddit/tumblr. Guess not.

inb4hugbox. I don't want that either.
Jul 5, 2014 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
-cries in a corner for she knows her fate shall be having to bear thrrough more Suguha in hopes thst SAO 2 may actually be good. alo Trap Kirito is just, I dunno . . .-
Jul 5, 2014 1:13 PM
Apr 2014
Ahegyao said:
alexlupu said:
wow such people
much hate
wow

I couldn't stop myself from posting that. What else can I say when I see so many haters who hate the show without any real reasons.
I mean, honestly, there are hundreds of worse anime than SAO. Though there aren't that many assholes bitching around for nothing
Jul 5, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
And why not? Criticizing something can also be a fun time, especially watching and pointing at cliches and just plain bad parts, as well as wondering why saliva-dripping teens love it so much. Could be good for your psychology studies.
Jul 5, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
So how should someone react towards someone that drops shows because he watches for the wrong reasons?Like watching it for something that isnt the focus?
Jul 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
TimeTravel_0 said:
And why not? Criticizing something can also be a fun time, especially watching and pointing at cliches and just plain bad parts, as well as wondering why saliva-dripping teens love it so much. Could be good for your psychology studies.
Another reason it is good is because that way you can see who are the ones that love to play the smart kid that knows everything and can point every flaw even if it isnt there. Really good for psychology studies.
Jul 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
TimeTravel_0 said:

Instigation, Antagonism and Superiority are also subjects worth delving over and you are a shining case study.
Jul 5, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
I will continue to watch it - if it isn't as boring as the first episode.
Jul 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
alexlupu said:
Ahegyao said:

I couldn't stop myself from posting that. What else can I say when I see so many haters who hate the show without any real reasons.
I mean, honestly, there are hundreds of worse anime than SAO. Though there aren't that many assholes bitching around for nothing

I'm pretty sure there are more people who dislike things for a reason than you might think. Go ahead and ask why they might dislike something, you might get a deeper look at their opinion.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 5, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2011
JabonHR said:
alexlupu said:

I'm pretty sure there are more people who dislike things for a reason than you might think. Go ahead and ask why they might dislike something, you might get a deeper look at their opinion.

The problem is that people who dislike things tend to go on a rant so much they start coming off as someone who had his mom or dad killed by said thing. Transparency and rationalization be damned. SAO is just the punching bag for this treatment.
Jul 5, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly, I'm not sure if the second season of SAO will be as much of a punching bag this time around. Especially since Mahouka is currently airing.
Jul 5, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
A7MAD111 said:
Nah, but I kinda not a fan of MC anymore.

Is he too GAR for you now?
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.