Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 20, 2012 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
I have never cried this much at an anime before. ;_: what is this
Oct 28, 2012 8:43 AM

May 2012
Just an amazing episode really sad in the beginning but hearth warming when they all meet up and know they're all safe! They've now split up and went alone with a truck so lets see what they'll go through now!

Either way great episode!
Feb 11, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2011
Of course, there just happened to be a fifty-year-old woman and a four-year-old girl with just the same hairstyle as her from the same region/area.
Whatever, I'm happy at least they survived...
Even if Yuuki didn't... So it's been pretty much confirmed. I feel so sad for Mirai :(

Two episodes left, I wonder what else could be there apart from going back. Mari probably wants to give back the bag with the present in it and all, or maybe Mirai 'and'Yuuki' will want to go back for it. I'm also expecting the sad breakdown of Mirai, which is gonna be pretty heart-breaking :(
I also wonder if the parents survived... I hope so.
Jul 3, 2013 1:58 PM
Jul 2009
it was obvious he was dead. Mari has never once called yuuki's name since Mirai woke up.
Aug 7, 2013 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
RazielZero said:
Of course, there just happened to be a fifty-year-old woman and a four-year-old girl with just the same hairstyle as her from the same region/area.

It was odd she assumed it was them without even looking at their faces.
Oct 25, 2013 1:00 AM
May 2013
OWell said:
it was obvious he was dead. Mari has never once called yuuki's name since Mirai woke up.

At least we got a happy ending...
Oct 27, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2010
When I saw Mari holding Yuuki's bag and the next scene later we see Yuuki with his bag I thought that was an oversight and a continuity error... thats why when the next ep. came I was completely caught off guard and devasted. Great show!
Mar 17, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
RazielZero said:
Of course, there just happened to be a fifty-year-old woman and a four-year-old girl with just the same hairstyle as her from the same area.

^this.
Talk about forced drama.
Also, Yuuki's dead. And Mirai's having a hallucination of him. That's pretty much confirmed.
So, how the fuck does Yuuki make all those statements about not giving up and he believes Hina's still alive? It's Mirai's hallucination after all. He's her hallucination, not a fuckin' ghost for god's sake. Also, I can understand why Mari doesn't want to say anything, but why aren't other people noticing that Mirai's talking with herself? And what's with the soldier at the truck saying '' okay, we'll pick both of you ''? That's a blatant lie!

Really Bones, really?
Asspull after asspulls. Talk about destroying a well build series just for the sake of forcing the drama.
Terribly disappointed with the past 2 episodes..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
Hey guys, you know how Yuuki was carrying his backpack in the second half of this episode? Mari was trying to return it to Mirai; this is despite "Yuuki" already carrying it. Yuuki's dead, folks.

My opinion of this anime has gone up.
Jan 19, 2015 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
Shit, I feel so dumb, I didn't realize that Yuuki is actually dead. I thought it was kind of weird how Mirai suddenly became optimistic, and how Mari became all sad when Mirai said she would visit her together with Yuuki. YOU GOT MEEEE

Also, lol @ the grandma in the hospital all like "That doctor was such a hunk wasn't he"
SaveTheAralSeaJan 19, 2015 11:07 PM
Mar 23, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2013
This episode failed to evoke any sort of emotions from me.

Maybe if I wasn't so MIND RAPED I WOULD ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO CRY GODDAMMIT!

I don't know why I thought that Hina and the grandma would be dead too. I guess Yuuki's death has gotten me all paranoid.

I can't be the only one who's curious who those two dead bodies are that looked so similar to Hina and Mari's grandma.

I still really liked it though. It's interesting seeing all the little hints that suggest that Yuuki died.

Great episode

8/10

Sep 7, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2014
Awws, that was so emotional.
I'm glad Hina and her grandma are fine.

Oh no, now I'm sure he's dead. :(
Why did you say that guys?
If you didn't say he was dead last time,
he wouldn't be dead now ;__;
You killed him!!!! ;____;
Sep 17, 2015 2:23 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh, of course they actually had to go and kill off Yuuki for the feels effect ;_;

RazielZero said:
Of course, there just happened to be a fifty-year-old woman and a four-year-old girl with just the same hairstyle as her from the same area.

Yea that wasn't nice. Shame about that little girl though :(
Dec 13, 2015 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
Avenger-senpai said:
Ugh, of course they actually had to go and kill off Yuuki for the feels effect ;_;

RazielZero said:

^this,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2015
Mari found her family which is good but The Children are leaving without her which is really stupid and pretty childish what else would you expect...
Jan 31, 2016 4:08 AM
Feb 2015
This was fucking savage, I was so relieved when they finally found Hina well and alive

I'm still sure that Yuki is in fact dead and the girl is in denial and that's why she thinks he's still there and Mari is acting weird each time the girl mentions Yuki ( it's like this in another anime I watched but I'd spoil the story Kappa )
Feb 16, 2016 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
That was a tear jerking episode. Great to know her family is alright.
Mar 3, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
So he is really dead...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 19, 2016 5:55 AM
May 2012
ezaya said:
Avenger-senpai said:

^this,

Exactly! Damn, check first before crying.
How did he even die =_= I mean, he is clearly not injured. What? He has a disease or something and it killed him during this disaster?
Jan 9, 2017 9:57 AM
Mar 2016
Am I the only one that thinks this episode was lazier than the others? There were more still frames or at least they were more noticeable than usual. Also has the background smoke always not been animated? Also, hallucination Yuuki convieniently knowing that someone that fits the exact description of Mari's family wasn't them and the real ones were actually still alive was kind of lazy. I absolutely love this series but this episode really bugged me.
Jan 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2016
why are you playing with my feeling
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Dec 16, 2017 10:59 AM

May 2016
While Mari's reunion with her family after seeing them being allegedly killed in the earthquake was very relieving and heartwarming, the hints about Yuuki's death are now too certain to deny... Happy Mirai out of nowhere, Mari being sad whenever she talks about him, her not letting Yuuki hold his backpack, the kid not being noticed by the others at all. He's really dead...

I'll hold off the last 2 episodes until tomorrow morning. My dry eye won't handle the feels that will come after the revelation wah. Not even Monica Rial's cameo could cheer me up. (watched dub from ep7 onwards coz horrible net lag)

Mar 21, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
Oh man....getting a bad feeling about this

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 28, 2018 3:11 PM

May 2016
I almost got a heart attack phew, I feel bad vibes from what Yuuki gonna say.
Oct 6, 2018 7:21 PM

May 2010
Already was 100% sure Yuuki's dead, so no surprise here.

I really believed Mari's family is dead though! Thank god at least they're safe. Wonder what's gonna happen to Mirai now, are her parents even alive?...
Sep 25, 2019 8:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh ok Yuuki really was dead the whole time, i didn't thought of that, tbh i'm not sad but this is well done.
Dec 15, 2019 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
I'm so glad Mari's daughter and mother are fine, but the part with Mirai any Yuki is so heart-wrenching, I can't. :/
Sep 26, 2020 4:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wow. I came to say that I have a feeling that Yuuki is actually dead since no one actually seems to interact with him now, he keeps running off on his own and no one says anything anymore, and they showed him dead like twice. Also, they showed only two beds when Mirai woke up that one time to find Yuuki playing soccer (Mirai and Mari's beds but not Yuuki's).
However, everyone is already spoiling it in here. At least phrase it like you think you don't know.
Dang.
SwiggySep 26, 2020 4:50 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 30, 2021 2:09 AM

Mar 2021
yuuki was rly dead is getting more obvious now :(((
Oct 3, 2021 3:02 AM

Apr 2020
Thankfully Hina and Mari's mother are fine.
Apr 6, 2022 8:16 AM

Sep 2014
Lots of bait and switch going on here. Yuuki is supposed to be dead? How did I miss that?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 8, 2023 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
Good ep, seeing Mari struggle to confirm her family's bodies was rough.

But I thought it was dumb how they cheesed it up by prominently showing "Hina's" body having the same twintail hairstyle. What are the odds of 2 victims recovered in the same area, matching the same general descriptions, and the little girl sporting the same hairstyle with the same beads/ties? Like, there's always a chance because of the scope of the disaster but I just couldn't buy it.

I know they wanted to purposely mislead us but that completely took me out of the moment. They should've just had them completely covered up and let the descriptions and Mari's hesitation do all the talking.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Mar 3, 2023 1:14 AM
Nov 2022
The episode was a little cliche, it felt like the twists were kind of just to play with the audience rather than to progress the story or show any character development.

Yukki dead though
Jun 23, 2023 10:35 PM

Jul 2022
Look... I haven't really liked the children, especially the boy, but I'm beginning to suspect something, if I suspect it...
Dec 22, 2023 10:05 PM

Dec 2022
How were the two bodies identical in appearance to Mari's daughter and mother, including the hair baubles? If there were that many identical people running around, you'd definitely be checking the bodies to confirm.

Nice reunion though. Mari is fortunate that both of them are more or less fine.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

wakka9ca - Aug 7, 2009

144 by hafizo_kurosaki »»
Jan 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kashim - Sep 17, 2009

506 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sporkness - Sep 10, 2009

214 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 27, 2009

180 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

porkypink - Aug 21, 2009

112 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.