Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
Plot twist: Miuna wakes up and everyone from the surface is gone. Apparently, the ice age happened and the surface people did not survive.

ok nvm :P
pew pew pew
Mar 27, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2010
R4vel said:
SNAFU again huh? Well whatever we all expected this, if we don't get what Manaka wanted to tell Hiikari back then (probably confessions) it's gonna be crap. And why do girls like hurting their selves, seriously I hate that crap where they hurt theirselves to forcefully remove their affections for somebody

v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:
v3catsxanime said:
GlaringDream said:

And Miuna didn't sacrifice herself. She went to save Manaka and it looked like she accidentally got pulled in.

What I got from watching it was that she pushed Manaka out of the current. So yes, she did do it purposely.

Yeah, that's true but I don't think she intended to become the Ojoshi in place of Manaka which most seem to be saying.

Then what was the point of her making Hikari declare his love for Manaka? She did it so it would hurt her and then she would become the sacrifice.
How'd you get that theory lol, I don't think there's a rule that the Ojoshi needs to be not in love

??? She made him declare his love so she could try and stop loving him. She probably believed that Manaka would get her feelings back, and once that happens she'll be the third wheel. She won't have a chance with Hikari once Manaka is back since they love eachother, and she knows she could never break that.
Mar 27, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2011
I like that another comparison to the sea was made, this time with Hikari. And then love itself being like the waters, haha. Everyone remains so connected.

I keep being reminded of why I like Tsumugu. With his quiet but clear way of doing things. BUt of course after some things are worked out tragedy strikes again. I assume that with Miuna's necklace falling down things might turn for the positive again.
Mar 27, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
I knew Manaka loved Hikari! ><

Tsumugu is my favorite male lead, but he sounded conceited in this episode, maybe he's sick of no action, and just wants to move foreword with Chisaki.

I'm scared for next episode, but I want it now!!!! XD
A time skip will be OK, like 5 or 10 years no more!!!
And please, I hope Hikari doesn't die. That will make this end be so bad for me.

If Miuna comes back, I hope she gives the boy who likes her a chance.

Omg if there is a 10 year or so timeskip, imagine teenage/adult Akira ! XD
Mar 27, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
Time skip max 1-2 month , world is saved and miuna is awekaned that's fien edning i would had acept it not i would had RAGE AND Curse story writer because miuna does not fit assacrifice thus we all knewit woudl end liek that, timeskip shoves that she's alone and everyone her friend and family are dead Fu.... SEA GOD
Mar 27, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 2013
Really wonder how horny Mr. Umigami is.
The most overlooked question of the series:
Where the hell do their clothes go? What if you actually only need to sacrifice your clothes?

Animation and sound still beautiful as ever. Love having a big screen close to my face with headphones and a little bass.

Awesome episode 9/10 or 10/10 series. Lets see how it wraps up.
Any possibility of 2nd season?
Mar 27, 2014 11:56 AM
Oct 2012
Great episode, more feels even than previous one. And I'm glad they didn't try to fit all the conclusion on last eps *cough tari tari cough*

I would've been more satisfied had the sacrifice been Manaka again and not Miuna, but of course that doesn't fit Miuna's character so whatever. Really heartbreaking eps for me since Miuna is my fave char on this whole anime :<

And we get an answer for all of Chisaki's haters there. She just can't accept being happy alone when she was the only one who grew up at land.
Mar 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
NubbyMcNubNub said:
Really wonder how horny Mr. Umigami is.
The most overlooked question of the series:
Where the hell do their clothes go? What if you actually only need to sacrifice your clothes?

Since the scale of the sea god is a pervert. The sea god himself must be the biggest pervert in the universe. He probably gets off by taking a wiff of their undergarments.
It all makes sense now. o_o

TL/DR sea god = child molester or a giant invisible tentacle octopus

Mar 27, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
FenixDragon43 said:
??? She made him declare his love so she could try and stop loving him. She probably believed that Manaka would get her feelings back, and once that happens she'll be the third wheel. She won't have a chance with Hikari once Manaka is back since they love eachother, and she knows she could never break that.
And just what is wrong with riding a tricycle?

Silly humans...obvious solution is for Hikari to go with both. They love him, he loves them. And based on this episode and the previous ones Manaka and Miuna obviously get along very well together. Once you abandon your preoccupation with monogamy (or should I say serial monogamy), things become a little easier to arrange.

However I would also be quite happy with Miuna getting together with Uroko as the representative of the Sea God, but we'll have to see what episode 26 brings. Right now this is tentatively a 9, but there's an outside chance it could go up or down.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
WOW....

Everything is really working out in my favor when it comes to otps..

I just really hope they dont flip it out on me and all of a sudden make Hikari love Miuna because she always sacrifices herself for him.....

JESUS THE LAST FEW SECONDS...

THATS GONNA SUCK SO BAD IF ITS A TIME SKIP WHEN SHE WAKES UP AND EVERYONE IS OLD OR DEAD
Mar 27, 2014 12:18 PM

May 2009
I don't get you guys, we all knew it will happen. Miuna even leads on poll "Who will sacrifice". One episode left and that ojoshi-figure was falling into that place. Something may happen with it.

trabeus1 said:
Can we just get a 3rd season and make it a parallel universe one. Where Manaka actually dies, Hikari and Chisaki is in love, Tsumugu has emotions, Miuna likes Tsumugu

Christ, get some meds for these delusions.
Mar 27, 2014 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
Was lmao when Manaka fell off.
Mar 27, 2014 12:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Twinkieftw said:
This episode felt so...rushed. And what do you know, Miuna ended up like we all expected (come on now, we could all see this coming from a mile away). Guess that's one easy way of making the proportion of girls to boys even: sacrifice one of them. Now no one has to worry about leaving anyone out. Yay?

Sigh, this episode was fairly disappointing in its presentation. I also would've preferred if they didn't make the tragic Miuna ending so obvious in the many previous episodes.

I really wanted to love this episode, and although I still liked it, it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I hate myself for having high expectations for my favorite shows...I guess I just wanted it to not be as predictable as it was, and like you said, mostly because they made it so obvious. I like hints, but it felt like they pushed the whole Miuna thing in the audience's faces for awhile now after the version 2 of the ED.

But anyways, I like how Tsugumu was right that the stone contains Manaka's feelings, so he definitely had the right idea about using it in place of a person. Too bad it didn't go as smoothly as it should. I also liked that flashback between Tsumugu and Manaka, we finally get to hear the rest of the conversation. It was interesting the way Manaka compared Hikari and Tsumugu to different things, the sea and the sun. Okada Mari has a way with words sometimes.
Mar 27, 2014 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
Very nice episode, it was just a matter of time when the Ofunehiki was going to be a disaster again. This time it's instead of Manaka Miuna who got taken by the Sea God. I already knew that Manaka had feelings towards Hikari but I didn't want it to come true, due my affection to Miuna.

Miuna is in so much pain, because she loves Hikari. This seriously is sad to see, I don't want her to suffer anymore. And now she got taken by the Sea God and I think it's still going to end Manaka and Hikari together.

Now Hikari tries to rescue Miuna from the Sea God, who knows if he will take her Ena away, like he did with Manaka's. All in all. I don't know if I can wait 1-Week until the new and last episode of Nagi no Asukara, until now it has become quiet a nice Anime.

This episode is going to be rated 5/5.
Mar 27, 2014 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
Damn that Sea God. Why he always want to have a girl sacrificed?
Mar 27, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2013
OH MY GOD I CALLED THIS SHIT SINCE THE TIME SKIP.
Wow I'm actually shocked how well this episode was executed and how hard it hit me seeing as I predicted this all coming.
Fucking brilliant show. Can't wait to review it next Thursday when it's over and release it on MAL so that I can just gush over how much I loved this show in detail lol.
Jesus Christ did this show sneak up on me. I wasn't remotely interested in it at first but it quickly became one of my favorite shows in the last 5 years. Love it.
Mar 27, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
wumbmasta said:

Jesus Christ did this show sneak up on me. I wasn't remotely interested in it at first but it quickly became one of my favorite shows in the last 5 years. Love it.

SAME HERE!
By the way, about the ships & everything:
IT STARTED WITH HIKARI & MANAKA AND IT'S GONNA END WITH THEM.
(Well, at least I really want it)
One of the best animes ever. That's all ♥
Mar 27, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 2011
Announcement: The Love Polygon has been solved! Pairings have been pretty much decided.
Mar 27, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
I knew that Manaka and Miuna dressing as ojoshi-sama at the opening wouldn't bring any good. Poor Miuna.
At least Hikari already knows how Manaka feels about him.
Mar 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2010
rodac said:
FenixDragon43 said:
And just what is wrong with riding a tricycle?

Silly humans...obvious solution is for Hikari to go with both. They love him, he loves them. And based on this episode and the previous ones Manaka and Miuna obviously get along very well together. Once you abandon your preoccupation with monogamy (or should I say serial monogamy), things become a little easier to arrange.

However I would also be quite happy with Miuna getting together with Uroko as the representative of the Sea God, but we'll have to see what episode 26 brings. Right now this is tentatively a 9, but there's an outside chance it could go up or down.

Hikari does not love Miuna. That has been made very clear throughout this series.
He sees her as a sister, and a young girl. Is love present? Well hell yes he cares for her alot but not in the romantic way her cares for Manaka.

The only reason the girls are so close is because they share near identical feelings. They share the same love, which is why Miuna was able to replace Manaka as the sacrifice.
Mar 27, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, I knew something bad would happen to Miuna, but hoped it woulnd't happen.
She really don't deserve being the sacrifice and her smile at the end T_T So sad.
I wonder how it gonna turn out with only 1 episode left, timeskip?

Tsumugu and Chisaki moment for me was nice, Chisaki didn't deny it this time. So they are pretty much canon. Kaname rushing to save Sayu was sweet. Glad he didn't rush after Chisaki but instead rushed to Sayu.

And yay! We finally know what Manaka told the sea slug, so happy it's Hii-kun she loves. They did it in a nice way.

But damn, Miuna! T_T
Melon
Mar 27, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
I knew Manaka liked Hikari! She didn't seem in love with Tsumugu anyway. I feel bad for Miuna, though.

Tsugumu was so vain in that episode. He kept saying "You're in love with me". So inconsiderate of everyone else.

That ending... I saw it coming. Although, how come Hikari wasn't able to that vortex with Miuna? Diid she want that to happen?

I'm sure the girl at the next episode preview is Miuna. Please don't let the next episode be the timeskip because then Miuna will be so young. Plus it wouldn't make sense for them to leave her for who knows how long. But I do kinda want to see adult Hikari/Manaka/Kaname/Sayu. And Akira too.
Mar 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2013
Really nice episode. Tsumugu x Chisaki moments <3

So Manaka x Hikari official? Cannot wait till next week now.

Timeskip next episode too! Hope its not too far into the future.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 27, 2014 1:51 PM
Feb 2014
Man, THE FEELS!
I liked this episode a lot, although dat ending was frustratingly sad. Can't wait for next episode.
Mar 27, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
BIG expectations for the finale!

Poor Miuna forcing herself to hear that Hikari loves Manaka.

I can't stop loving the visuals from the Ofunehiki, though it happened again. There they go!

Maybe they will swap the stone with Manaka's feelings for Miuna...
Mar 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
awwwwwww the tsumugu and chisaki moment! and that hug!!! >_<
Mar 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
I'm gathering raid to kill that sea god bastard ..........
Mar 27, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
I think if there's another timeskip it'll be after everyones long dead and gone.
Mar 27, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2009
Man, these cliffhangers are gonna be the end of me
Mar 27, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
LittleStar said:
This episode totally ruinded whole series for me from 9/10 goes on 7/10

O.O

//
I love this show.
Only one episode left :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 27, 2014 2:36 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't like that Kaname told Tsumugu Chisaki's feelings.
It just makes Tsumugu seem a bit emotionless - like he didn't care about the outcome, and felt like a hasty ending to wrap up that love triangle. It was honestly my favorite love story from the series (considering the absence of lolis [well, there's miuna's friend, but that was honestly just a stupid way out for kaname's loneliness]), and I wanted it to have ended more properly.

I'm still happy that my beloved Tsumugu x Chisaki OTP came on top though. Rarely do shows coincide with my personal OTP.

I thought the episode was rather annoying in that the same themes felt overused from the last Ofunehiki. First Manaka sacrificed herself, then Miuna... bleh. Very predictable.
I guess I'm just tired of the emotional drama from Nagi no Asukara. It needs to have better balance.
Mar 27, 2014 2:45 PM
Jan 2014
I saw Miuna sacrificing herself a mile off. Though to be honest I didn't expect it to occur this episode so I'm interested to see how Hikari will deal with this whole situation. I really hope Miuna makes it out okay.
Mar 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
I freaking knew it.When Miuna jumped into water i was literally screaming at my monitor ''someone fucking get her out of there before she becomes the sacrifice'' - but no it happened anyway.Miuna bestest girl for being herself.Hopefully next episode wont be like''goodbye'' and she will actually live, because if she becomes sacrifice my rating for this show will drop.She can't be happy, ok, but at least let her live ffs ._.
Tsumugu made me lol when he said ''you love me'' like it was already a fact known from years.That was good.

Now we're awaiting for finale.Cannot wait.
Mar 27, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2013
Tsumugu is so full of himself it's pretty funny lol.

Anyways gg to Miuna. bb.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 27, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2012
YES! STAY DOWN THERE FOREVER MIUNA YOU FUCKING SLUT! FUCK YEAH

That was the best thing to happen in this show so far

Also, why the FUCK do they keep doing this Ofuneki shit or whatever it's called if it's a big fucking disaster everytiem!?
Mar 27, 2014 3:04 PM

Sep 2008
Kinaro said:

Also, why the FUCK do they keep doing this Ofuneki shit or whatever it's called if it's a big fucking disaster everytiem!?

I don't like her, too...
But I would prefer her staying forever alone...
Right now everyone will be blame themselves...
Like example: Hikari in preview...

Also what kind of happy ending they can have,
when she become sacrifice....
Hope in next episode they will ex-change her with doll Ofuneki,
maybe I don't want another time skip with everyone sad... -.-

Eh, I really hate this episode... -.-
Mar 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
Hi again guys, i just had a thought
MANAKA IS THE REAL WHORE. Had she accepted Hikari's HUG FROM RIGHT BEFORE THE TIME SKIP ALL OF THIS WOULDNT BE HAPPENING. That bitch pushed Hikari away (for what reason) and THEN TOLD TSUMUGU SHE LIKES HIM LIKE WTF WHY
Basically shes a whore like chisaki. who's also indecisive as fuck.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 27, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
No surprises there. I feel like the series ended when Tsumugu confessed.
Mar 27, 2014 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
Sam1198777 said:
Hi again guys, i just had a thought
MANAKA IS THE REAL WHORE. Had she accepted Hikari's HUG FROM RIGHT BEFORE THE TIME SKIP ALL OF THIS WOULDNT BE HAPPENING. That bitch pushed Hikari away (for what reason) and THEN TOLD TSUMUGU SHE LIKES HIM LIKE WTF WHY
Basically shes a whore like chisaki. who's also indecisive as fuck.

When she confessed to Tsumugu?!
She don't know she love Hikari, when he hug her, or when he confessed to her,
that's why she said she "don't understand this"
later she realized what she feels for Tsumugu and for Hikari.

Also, Chisaki have 19 years old and still can't deal with her feelings,
and people blame Manaka for don't understand her feelings.
Mar 27, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah no real surprises for me there.
Kinda expected this episode would end like this.
Miuna in tears :(
Wonder how they'll end this.
5/5 for me.
Mar 27, 2014 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
That's some confidence you got there Tsumugu ¬_¬
This <3

http://postimg.org/image/b7f1hqgud/
Mar 27, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
this fucking anime.
MIUNA NOOOOOO you are my fav character after Chisaki, you can't sacrifice yourself like this, wtf! I need a time machine right now to skip this week
Mar 27, 2014 3:55 PM

Oct 2011
MINUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG does she become the sea T_____________________T
Mar 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
rajurashmi2000 said:
i hated this episode.
this whole loveless manaka situation was created by hikari's insistence of doing that festival. he simply assumed it would go down like any festival where they worship a god that does not exist and used akari as sacrifice, but manaka paid the price. now muina has to sacrifice herself to fulfill his desire of having manaka back? wtf?

i agree at every word, the whole thing stinks, no character in this anime should accept that, if they for a second think that was for the best they should all just piss off,

Every1 is so selfish its not even funny, why even do everything they did so far if that's the obvious outcome. shame on all the characters
Mar 27, 2014 4:00 PM

Feb 2011
LittleStar said:
Kinaro said:

I don't like her, too...
But I would prefer her staying forever alone...
Right now everyone will be blame themselves...
Like example: Hikari in preview...

Also what kind of happy ending they can have,
when she become sacrifice....
Hope in next episode they will ex-change her with doll Ofuneki,
maybe I don't want another time skip with everyone sad... -.-

Eh, I really hate this episode... -.-

That's so rude, in my opinion I don't wish for Miuna to stay down there, I have high hopes that the pendant of the rock that's made with Manaka's feelings towards Hikari will save her in the end. Even though do feel sorry for Miuna, but at least she knowledge the reality that Hikari and Manaka have feelings for each other: she'll step back and hopefully find her main happiness out there. ( even though I'm Tsugumu x Manaka supporter but the results are here and I already gave in the facts a few episodes ago: the outcome speaks for itself of the ending that awaits us). I'm looking forward to see the last episode, it's a shame that the story already will come to a close.
sweetangieMar 27, 2014 4:41 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:05 PM

May 2009
Notice that in preview with naked Miuna there are no pillars.
So it's either far into future OR it's not Miuna but original girl from stories.
Mar 27, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2008
bastek66 said:
Notice that in preview with naked Miuna there are no pillars.
So it's either far into future OR it's not Miuna but original girl from stories.

Quite possible...
Since previews gives misconceptions.
Mar 27, 2014 4:09 PM
Jan 2014
this is what i expected to happen but still... now im starting to feel bad for miuna

props to tsumugu

and yay hikarixmanaka is cannon now

depressing as hell
Mar 27, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
Kinaro said:

People like you make me feel ashamed of being a human.How can you live with yourself?
Mar 27, 2014 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT TO MIUNA ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
Yesterday, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.