Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2009 6:12 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alice and the abyss! Awesome! Poor cheshire cat died a horriable death. Hate that Vincent!!!
Sep 3, 2009 7:00 PM
Feb 2009
The connection between Alice and the Intention of the Abyss is revealed.

Well, we found out how Chesire lost his eyes. (wth, Vincent? Poor Chesire.)
Sep 3, 2009 10:50 PM

Nov 2007
Break continues with the story.

Alice and Alice w. white hair (intention of abyss)

Alice and Jack!
tsubasaloverSep 3, 2009 10:54 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2009 2:59 AM
Aug 2009
The thing about Alice and the Will of Abyss (can't stand to use "Intention") is finally revealed for those who somehow didn't clue in back in Episode 7.

Apparently this or the next episode is going to be the last manga-based episode, and the Anime is going to end with some plotline about how a bunch of chains are let out of the Abyss by the WoA and Oz and co. have to stop them. Which is fine. They can save the things about Echo until next season.

Sep 4, 2009 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
good episode, again many mysteries revealed. waiting for more.
Sep 4, 2009 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
Jaymie said:
The thing about Alice and the Will of Abyss (can't stand to use "Intention") is finally revealed for those who somehow didn't clue in back in Episode 7.

Apparently this or the next episode is going to be the last manga-based episode, and the Anime is going to end with some plotline about how a bunch of chains are let out of the Abyss by the WoA and Oz and co. have to stop them. Which is fine. They can save the things about Echo until next season.

I'd have thought that an anime original ending would decrease the chances of a second season?

I guess I should just trust your judgement since you seem more informed than I.

I'm really hoping for a second season!

Anyway the episode was great, as usual of course. This is irrelevant to the plot but I loved the brief Break x Gil moment. Heh~
Sep 4, 2009 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Jaymie said:

I knew there was something else to it...I was about to say I'm still wondering/trying to figure out what Vincent's angle is on all of this, because some piece of information seemed missing. (Besides the fact he seems out of his mind).
Sep 4, 2009 1:39 PM
Aug 2009
Fatentity said:
Jaymie said:

I knew there was something else to it...I was about to say I'm still wondering/trying to figure out what Vincent's angle is on all of this, because some piece of information seemed missing. (Besides the fact he seems out of his mind).

You should read the manga! Vincent's side of the story is amazing and very insightful.

Sep 4, 2009 2:12 PM

Mar 2009
Jaymie said:
Fatentity said:
Jaymie said:

You should read the manga! Vincent's side of the story is amazing and very insightful.

daniking79 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

lol read the first post before you reply in this thread. Major spoils there, only meant for the manga for the time being.
Sep 4, 2009 3:16 PM

Aug 2007
ehh, not too happy with the "flow" of this episode? I'm so sad they cut out the part with Rufus and Cheryl. The anime did a good job of making him more of a bastard, lol. But it's pretty obvious they were crushed for time. A lot of these scenes seemed rushed. No big deal though.

I have to say, Akira Ishida did an awesome job with Break in this episode. So intense how they showed his past. Poor Break. :((

Ahh, the part with Vincent and Break at the end was cut. Oh well. I guess next week will be fillers? Should be interesting.
olivesandwaxSep 4, 2009 6:39 PM
Sep 4, 2009 6:13 PM

Jan 2009
I loved this episode, we find out about Breaks past and we find out how Alice is important to everything.

And, it looks like they actually touched a computer when making this episode, did anyone else notice the better quality of the animation? Maybe who ever attached the Iron Wolf subs just had a better raw than Iron Wolf has been using.
Sep 4, 2009 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
quite an interesting story

Sep 4, 2009 8:06 PM

Mar 2009
I was hoping it's more about Gilbert.Never mind...
I <3 Will of the Abyss twist personality

Sep 4, 2009 9:27 PM

May 2009
poor Cheshire :(

I loved Alice's reactions to Vincent though, she must really hate him alot. Also wow Break, he was able to change the past, but ended up making it worse than if he'd left it alone. Ofc he couldnt know that but still...
Sep 5, 2009 12:48 AM
Jul 2008
I loved this episode! I hope there will be just as much of Break in the next episode! : D
Sep 5, 2009 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
o.O First of all, Vincent, he's a scary guy, and he was that already at a young age O.o
The Will was crying~
So Alice and the will are connected, like twins or something.. now.. that wasn't really unexpected, was it?

Alice is great, especially when she's hungry : D
And hey, Break's a pretty cool guy, isn't he?

To end this post; To all Gil fangirls: Break > Gil : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 5, 2009 5:04 AM

May 2008
Gil was in the past but they didnt really say why or how , like it wasnt important D: like omg i wanna noe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 5, 2009 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
greenmush said:
Gil was in the past but they didnt really say why or how , like it wasnt important D: like omg i wanna noe

I'd say that's about the same reason as to why Vincent ended up there, although.. We don't know that either, do we?xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 5, 2009 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
AMAZING episode.
Parts in the Abyss were perfect, so was little Vincent. Uh, that's the only part about him I hate x__X Poor Cheshire.

And this (don't worry - a screencap, not a spoiler)

made me a very happy fangirl.
I'm glad they kept the quote from the manga (about Break being weaker than Oz had thought but stronger than he thinks he is).

Oosran said:

I still can't decide xD It was Break>Gil at that time in the manga, but later it changed to Gil>Break again (won't spoiler though)
Basically, I'll go with both of them plus Vincent. XD
Seriously though, this series has a whole lot of GREAT characters. I don't think I've ever watched/read anything where I can't tell right away: 'Holy crap, THIS is my favourite character, hands down.' And then there was Pandora. Lol.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 5, 2009 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
Cenedess said:

Hey that's cheating! : D You can't have 'em all xD
Sep 5, 2009 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
Cenedess said:

Hey that's cheating! : D You can't have 'em all xD

>:D I'm so evil, I'm getting all the good pixels.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 5, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
Cenedess said:
AMAZING episode.
Parts in the Abyss were perfect, so was little Vincent. Uh, that's the only part about him I hate x__X Poor Cheshire.

And this (don't worry - a screencap, not a spoiler)

made me a very happy fangirl.
I'm glad they kept the quote from the manga (about Break being weaker than Oz had thought but stronger than he thinks he is).

Oosran said:

I still can't decide xD It was Break>Gil at that time in the manga, but later it changed to Gil>Break again (won't spoiler though)
Seriously though, this series has a whole lot of GREAT characters. I don't think I've ever watched/read anything where I can't tell right away: 'Holy crap, THIS is my favourite character, hands down.' And then there was Pandora. Lol.

Yes, I lurved that screencap scene. Break and Gil are amazing characters. I love how Oz had a "Jack" aura at that moment as well~

I totally agree! I've never loved characters and changed my opinions about my favourites as much as I have with Pandora Hearts. There's always a character that irritates me in an anime, but thats not the case with PH. If that is the case, later on I forgive them for being irritating due to revelations and pasts..

Just a line from the manga spoiler.
Sep 5, 2009 1:15 PM

Apr 2009
Snowflakes said:
Cenedess said:
-my long post lol-

Yes, I lurved that screencap scene. Break and Gil are amazing characters. I love how Oz had a "Jack" aura at that moment as well~

I totally agree! I've never loved characters and changed my opinions about my favourites as much as I have with Pandora Hearts. There's always a character that irritates me in an anime, but thats not the case with PH. If that is the case, later on I forgive them for being irritating due to revelations and pasts..

Well, I have one character that I don't like, that's Lotti xP
And about that manga line, yeah, I remember something like that...although I'm not a 'shipper, and sure as hell not a BL shipper, that one made me smile like an idiot xD It was just so cute.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 5, 2009 2:32 PM

Feb 2009
Cenedess said:
Snowflakes said:
Cenedess said:
-my long post lol-

Well, I have one character that I don't like, that's Lotti xP
And about that manga line, yeah, I remember something like that...although I'm not a 'shipper, and sure as hell not a BL shipper, that one made me smile like an idiot xD It was just so cute.

Lotti from the manga cracks me up, otherwise, I'm just, meh, don't really care about her. xD Lotti's just the typical girl who was led astray by Glens insanity~ Lol.

I know! And yes that scene does exist, I really wish they animated it!
Sep 5, 2009 4:32 PM

Oct 2008
I really liked that episode, it was seriously interesting!
Sep 5, 2009 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
Another good episode
Sep 6, 2009 12:35 AM
Jul 2009
That episode was like one 30 minute "A-HA!" moment.

Jaymie said:

I'd probably be more satisfied if they just ended it with the manga storyline. Fillers are unnecessary here. This isn't Bleach. 23 episodes is pretty good.
abandoned2014Sep 6, 2009 12:40 AM
Sep 6, 2009 5:20 AM

Jul 2009
A very good episode with plenty of background story and clearing up.

Loved Oz moment of glory when he held his speech to defend Break.
Sep 6, 2009 5:25 AM

Aug 2009
haha, i was cool xp
Sep 6, 2009 7:36 PM
Sep 2009
After watching this episode, I developed some theories of my own. I have not read the manga so I don't know whether my theories would work.

Sep 7, 2009 11:33 AM

Apr 2009
Damn, what a twisted opening! Took me completely by surprise. Poor Cheshire. :(

Anyway, another wonderful episode. Very happy we got to spend more time in Abyss and learn more about Break/Kevin's past. Break's voice actor was especially great this episode (not that he hasn't been the entire run.) We finally get to see Jack and Alice spend time together and it doesn't disappoint. It did make it seem a little rushed but at the same time breezing through multiple visits to her tower really drove home her being... different and the payoff was undeniably worth it.

Questions are answered which leads to more questions. I love that about the show and it manages to leave me desperate to know the truth about the Tragedy of Sabrie and the characters but strings me along with just enough information so it's not obnoxious or frustrating.

Really looking forward to reading the manga (except for Intention of the Abyss) but it's not going to be quite the same without the excellent cast and the music.
Sep 7, 2009 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty good episode, nice use of BGM for the truth about alice scenes. in the preview Echo shows up it looks like so i wouldnt be surprised if we get her revelation. I geuss they could end the anime at the point where everyone goes back to sabrie.
Sep 7, 2009 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
Vincent has different colored eyes like my cat. Which is quite ironic considering what he did to Chesire.

I had a feeling that Break was an illegal summoner and had the seal. It just thought of it before but then I didn’t think about it again until they revealed it in this episode.

The Will of the Abyss and Alice are twins. That is not all surprising since they look alike. I figured they had to be related in one way or another. I actually thought that Will of the Abyss was another part of Alice but I guess being a twin is like another part of her.

I don’t know who Cheryl is here but I do know my sister Cheryl!xD haha. I kind of like Barma but Oz was so cool when he gave him that speech. I couldn't stop laughing when he was like I don't know what to do next. He is so cute.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Sep 8, 2009 5:08 AM

Jan 2009
AkuenKigahen said:
I had a feeling that Break was an illegal summoner and had the seal. It just thought of it before but then I didn’t think about it again until they revealed it in this episode.
Yup, there's that kind of aura about him xD
AkuenKigahen said:
The Will of the Abyss and Alice are twins. That is not all surprising since they look alike. I figured they had to be related in one way or another. I actually thought that Will of the Abyss was another part of Alice but I guess being a twin is like another part of her.
Yup (again), that was one of the more obvious revelations in the episode.
Sep 8, 2009 5:13 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran, nice sig. I also wonder bout it xD
Sep 8, 2009 5:15 AM

Jan 2009
Morkand-san said:

Yup, I just happen to make such posts, often... really.. actually, too often : o
And I just did again : D
Sep 8, 2009 5:33 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Morkand-san said:

Yup, I just happen to make such posts, often... really.. actually, too often : o

just exacly as i do brav ^^ it's really hilarious xD
Sep 8, 2009 5:43 AM

Jan 2009
Morkand-san said:
Oosran said:
Morkand-san said:

just exacly as i do brav ^^ it's really hilarious xD

I suppose it is : o Although not everyone might think so >: D
Sep 8, 2009 6:42 AM

Aug 2009
True xD
Sep 8, 2009 9:00 AM
Feb 2009
Who is Cheryl? do u guys mean shelly? she is mother of sharon lol. dont know why they always avoid showing her in the anime (i have seen her twice in manga until this arc)

i like the fact that break did change the past but it end up getting worse, just like how break said "it (pass) is not something i (we) should interfere with"

p.s. wonder what wish that will of abyss (hate "intention" >.<) wanted break to fulfilled...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 8, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
flame_tiong said:
Who is Cheryl? do u guys mean shelly? she is mother of sharon lol. dont know why they always avoid showing her in the anime (i have seen her twice in manga until this arc)

Spoilers for Cheryl? If they're considered spoilers....
Sep 8, 2009 2:42 PM

May 2008
Dang poor Cheshire D: So that's how it happened. I still like Vincent, but he was an awful little shit when he was little :/ Then again he blamed Jack's death on Alice, and Alice didn't know why Vincent was harassing her. Jeeze, it looks like EVERYONE has ties with everyone in this anime whether they know it or not @_@

Break has got to be the most developed character in the entire series. Seriously. There's so much info on him.

Next ep gonna be about Gil and Vincent? I HOPE SO <3

Sep 8, 2009 8:16 PM
Feb 2009
bwahahachick said:
huh??? i m very sure that shelly is sharon's mother... (see anime episode 17) yeah, we did she her from time to time but never speak any words, is the producer to lazy to find another character voice for her?... =_=

KayChan4U said:
Break has got to be the most developed character in the entire series. Seriously. There's so much info on him.
yeah, too bad for other characters, they need to wait until second season lol

Snowflakes said:
I'd have thought that an anime original ending would decrease the chances of a second season?
i dont know what ending there will be but a filler ending or killing some random chain wont have any affect on the original story at all lol
flame_tiongSep 9, 2009 10:09 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 9, 2009 9:51 AM

Dec 2007
I really doubt it but do you guys think that this will lead into a 2nd season?
Sep 9, 2009 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
ninjapoyo said:

No.
But I sure do hope so : D
Sep 9, 2009 12:01 PM
Jun 2008
if it doesnt i'll just read the manga..it's got me hooked enough
Sep 9, 2009 3:17 PM

Aug 2007
flame_tiong said:
bwahahachick said:
huh??? i m very sure that shelly is sharon's mother... (see anime episode 17) yeah, we did she her from time to time but never speak any words, is the producer to lazy to find another character voice for her?... =_=

No, you're right. [Shelly] is indeed Sharon's mother. But we're talking about [CHERYL], who is Sharon's grandmother. Differenceee~ And it was Cheryl who was cut from this episode. Probably because of time constraints or something. :/?
Sep 9, 2009 11:08 PM
Feb 2009
bwahahachick said:
[Shelly] is indeed Sharon's mother. But we're talking about [CHERYL], who is Sharon's grandmother. Differenceee~ And it was Cheryl who was cut from this episode. Probably because of time constraints or something. :/?
>.< maybe u r right... got confuse because i m reading the manga in Chinese translation and the translation for shelly and cheryl are almost the same... (they sound similar after all...)
flame_tiongSep 9, 2009 11:17 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 10, 2009 10:03 AM

Aug 2007
flame_tiong said:
bwahahachick said:
[Shelly] is indeed Sharon's mother. But we're talking about [CHERYL], who is Sharon's grandmother. Differenceee~ And it was Cheryl who was cut from this episode. Probably because of time constraints or something. :/?
>.< maybe u r right... got confuse because i m reading the manga in Chinese translation and the translation for shelly and cheryl are almost the same... (they sound similar after all...)

It's okay! The Rainsworth women's names do sound similar. They all have the "sh" sound. Must be a family thing. |D
Sep 10, 2009 9:52 PM

Jan 2009
Jin_uzuki said:
Oosran said:
ninjapoyo said:

No.
But I sure do hope so : D

Why no? :(

Just don't think so : o No facts or anything, just my own theories.. But it would be awesome if they did make another season : D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clarsiso - Jul 23, 2009

89 by Snow-crystal »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.