Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Noahs lifepoints were over 9000!!! (I had to do this) Very nice, three black magicians, using Kaibas ultimate-dragon and defusion it and attack with three dragons again xD Awesome stuff right there!
I just don't get why Yugi had the white dragon's in his deck. I mean he used his own and I get that he had one dragon in the graveyard, but why another two in his deck?
Very intense duel, even though it was very cliché that Yugi almost lost and had 100 lifepoints left (two times! xD) Reminded me of a sports-anime where they make the final point in the last second :P
I wonder what happens next... The opening kinda spoiled who is the next opponent, but I'm curious about the explanation we get.
Apr 23, 2014 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
I thought "Wow, the title is 'LP 10000 vs. 100' but Yugi already have more LP than this, while Noa've less", however it comes back to "10000 vs. 100" later next to the end. e_e'
FrezlajApr 23, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 2, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
Yugi has two White Dragons because he combined his deck with Kaiba's deck before the start of the duel.

It was an amazing duel, even being a filler was one of the best duel in the series.
Jan 3, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
Well that was kinda overpowered.
Sep 14, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2016
Miraculous comeback for Yugi. The combo he pulled off was insane.

But the best part was still when the three magicians were summoned, too bad he didn't win with them, but then again, it was Kaiba's duel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2020 8:53 PM

Nov 2017
This is definitely one of the best episodes and has one of the best moments in the anime.

It really shows what Yu-Gi-Oh! is all about. Friendship, and just overall being a solid person.

^Glad someone posted this scene. I'll freely admit I started tearing up watching and had a big smile on my face all throughout. 😭😁

I like that YouTube comment by Miguel Castillo explaining the cards and who they represent. But my view is a little different.

Monster Reborn - Jonouchi. It shows how even when he's down, that doesn't mean he's out. He'll always come back, and he'll be stronger than before. He's the type that never gives up! And he's grown as a result! Growth does not have to be fast, what's most important is that one simply does their absolute best and remains persistent. There's a Japanese proverb/idiom for that: 七転び八起き

Blue-Eyes White Dragon - Seto & Mokuba Kaiba. These two are strong on their own, and naturally, this card represents their bond. They've known each other their whole lives. Through all of life's ups and downs, their brotherly love have been a heavenly abode. At the end of the day, these two have each other and for them, that's more than enough.

Fusion - Anzu. What to say about Anzu? She's a dear friend! She's the type to provide mutual support, shared goals, cooperation and encouragement. And with that, she's able to create a space based on fellowship, trust, support, and respect. Like, together we win and we're able to make something greater together than if we were apart!

Quick Attack - Honda. He doesn't even think twice when it comes to helping a friend and he's shown this time and time again in the anime. During Duelist Kingdom when he risked his safety to get Mokuba's body. Or when he kicked Bakura's ass when he was possessed by the Millennium Ring. During Battle City when he punched Jonouchi and encouraged him to see his sister when she was scared to get her eye operation. Or in this arc, when he used his deck master to protect Shizuka even though it would mean he would automatically lose the duel. A friend to the end!

De-Fusion - Shizuka. She's shown that she's becoming more independent. When she had her operation she had to rely on Honda to get around town. When she took her bandages off she saved her brother's life. Even now, her brother gives her courage, but she's learned to rely more on herself as she's shown in her duel. She's still able to appreciate others' help when she needs it!

Card of Sanctity - Otogi. I actually do think this card represents him. In Japanese, the card is called 天よりの宝札 which translates into "Treasure Cards from the Heavens". Heaven... the dwelling place of God and the blessed dead. In a number of religions, forgiveness is seen as a virtue. With this card, it's like you're given a clean slate. Otogi started off as an enemy, but became a friend later on. He was given a second chance and his friends see his wrongs as water under the bridge. He's now a better person because he was given the sweet gift of forgiveness.

I don't even care if I'm lookin' too deep in all of this...

Gotdamn! I love this anime! :-D
Oct 1, 2021 10:19 PM

Aug 2019
They really rushed the ending didn't they. All those friendship speeches came back to haunt the writer since there just wasn't enough time to flesh out the last few minutes of the duel. Anyway, this was like the third time that we saw Sebek's Blessing and Card of Sanctity, and it shows how unoriginal the writers were when it came to duel writing.

On the other hand, I wish that Ground Breaking and Vessel of Illusion had been real TCG cards.
Jul 10, 2023 8:45 AM
Jun 2023
Good end to the duel with Noah, but jeez, think of your family Yugi. Poor Yami though, such a sweet angel.
Jul 10, 2023 8:47 AM
Jun 2023
Early_Morning said:
They really rushed the ending didn't they. All those friendship speeches came back to haunt the writer since there just wasn't enough time to flesh out the last few minutes of the duel. Anyway, this was like the third time that we saw Sebek's Blessing and Card of Sanctity, and it shows how unoriginal the writers were when it came  to duel writing.

On the other hand, I wish that Ground Breaking and Vessel of Illusion had been real TCG cards.
Exactly. Friendship is overrated in this anime. As Vin Diesel once said, family comes first.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

Cele - Oct 25, 2009

35 by -DxP- »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.