Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 2013 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
Second episode in we already see character development. Lawrence being embarrassed to see Holo naked and Holo blushing when patted on her head
May 3, 2013 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
Would've been better if she had nipples.
But seriously this is pretty good
May 9, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
cyruz said:

----------------------------------------
Very nice episode, Horo was really cute especially when she felt guilty.

Love how their relationship is growing even though, as Horo said, their worlds are quite different. I'm looking forward to more.

Basically everything I wanted to say. We also have some plot developing with that coin scheme.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 14, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
Forgetfulness said:
This series is pretty interesting.

So basically, Lawrence and Horo are going to scam the guy who was trying to scam them? lol
Somehow it kindof feels weird for the main characters to do something like that

Heh.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Holo is so freaking cute.

Dec 19, 2013 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode, we learned more from Holo. But, I still don't understand the wheat deal, why does this wheat is special? I don't get it.

The other merchant seemed really weird. Doesn't seem trustable at all.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 24, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2012
Holo's personality is really interesting and her interactions with Lawrence were pretty fun to watch. And those potatoes looked so delicious~

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 3, 2014 5:07 PM

Apr 2010
"You evil potato!" Nom. xD

Jun 3, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode, Holo is pretty funny in cute in this where she likes to tease Lawrence and having some fun around her. She is sometimes smart when she caught that guy lying in a sort of way.

That was pretty dark at the ending scene where they talk about wolfs attacking and stuff which makes Lawrence angry. But they were even at the end.

The interaction between the main characters were spot on, and some little character development in them.

Oct 9, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
Oh goodness, this show has some of the best dialogue I can remember, especially on Holo's part. I already love both the main characters; their interactions are golden.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 11, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
Hehehe... she's so smart, but how old does she is right now? He is quite funny too :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 16, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
I'm really enjoying the dialogue. It's well crafted and shows off Holo's and Lawrence's wits well. They're both interesting characters; Holo is smart, crafty, and reserved; Lawrence is quick-witted, pragmatic, and outgoing. Their interactions are fun to watch. I look forward to discovering more about them, particularly Holo.

It's nice to see a series with a more mature tone. This is both thought provoking and relaxing.

I can see myself enjoying this more as I watch more.
Nov 17, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
Holo might be a bit clever, but she isn't nearly charming enough to keep me interested. (dropped)
Nov 24, 2014 1:18 AM

Sep 2014
Really liking Holo's character so far.. Her interactions with Lawrence are intriguing and funny at the same time..
Also, the character developments was nice too..

Only the 2nd time I watched an anime involving the economy.. Looking forward the rest of the EP's..
Mar 11, 2015 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
This series is pretty interesting.

So basically, Lawrence and Horo are going to scam the guy who was trying to scam them? lol
Somehow it kindof feels weird for the main characters to do something like that

Looking forward to see how it turns out lol.
May 1, 2015 5:39 AM
Nov 2014
So relaxing to watch, I enjoyed this episode more than I should. Was a very decent episode overall, Holo best grill 5ever.

Musics = perfect as usual.
May 6, 2015 7:08 AM

Feb 2013
I love Holo, shes such an interesting character. Shes also really cute, which is rare for me to say about anything lol.

Also it was pretty interesting to learn that they've both had some really bad experiences with each other's species. Especially Holo, who apparently ate her fair share of humans in the past.

But yeah, another excellent episode. So far I'm loving pretty much everything about this series.
Jul 10, 2015 5:30 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty solid development, I really like how the two of them are getting to know each other and uncovering each other's inner thoughts together, it's quite interesting, this series is getting better.
Dec 8, 2015 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
A lot better than the first episode but still maintains a lot of my gripes with the first one.

Even if I do finish this, it won't get much better than a 7 (and that's thinking positively).
Dec 17, 2015 6:06 PM

Aug 2014
This anime really knows how to make me feel good+chill , i like the rain sound so much , and when they combine it with this setting it really fits very well , i'll consider this as a bonus when i'll rate it .
Nice episode .
Nov 28, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2015
Ok episode I guess.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2017 3:14 PM
Apr 2014
Took him long enough to realize Holo might have hunted a human in the forest before, too.

I really like the atmosphere of this. And I'm kinda curious how far it goes into the whole merchant-thing.
Jan 18, 2019 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
I'm REALLY liking this anime: the lead characters are charismatic, entertaining, and most of all, are mature adults, which is a serious rarity in anime. Not only that, but the lead characters have actual chemistry: they talk, they discuss, they flirt. It's not like many other anime where the lead characters just talk when the topic is related to a big conflict.
Feb 8, 2019 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
The character dynamic is so enjoyable, I might even say great. Paired with the setting it's something I haven't seen in this form yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2019 7:11 AM

Mar 2019
HopefulNihilist said:
I'm REALLY liking this anime: the lead characters are charismatic, entertaining, and most of all, are mature adults, which is a serious rarity in anime. Not only that, but the lead characters have actual chemistry: they talk, they discuss, they flirt. It's not like many other anime where the lead characters just talk when the topic is related to a big conflict.
Agreed, it's been nice watching this so far
Apr 11, 2019 4:09 PM

Nov 2017
Damn I gotta admit that Holo is cute ;p

Apr 11, 2019 4:12 PM

Nov 2017
strangechameleon said:
I love the interaction between the main characters. Very much looking forward to how things will develop.

So how did you like it in the end hmm?

Sep 28, 2019 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
Very relaxing episode, borderline-boring to be honest. Hope it gets more interesting soon.
Dec 2, 2019 8:16 PM
Apr 2016
Holo is so adorable, I'm surprised! Didn't expect to like her so much. The conversation at the end was very interesting, got to know some enthralling things about both of them.
Jun 3, 2020 7:06 PM

May 2019
Ok, this is an anime about COACHING.

Coach is the guy who teaches you how to become rich, and then he leaves in his miserable medieval cart (or even on foot).
Jun 12, 2020 9:25 PM
Oct 2019
A little better than the first episode. 6/10

I get that Holo's old and wise. And she says old, wise sounding things a lot of the time. But she does a lot of dumb and completely oblivious stuff, too. I guess that'll be the nature of her character from here on out.

Lawrence talking business makes him a much more interesting character. Not nearly as bland and boring as the first episode.

I don't recall all the genres this show is listed under, but I'm assuming these two will end up falling in love on their journey. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to Holo pulling a long con and eventually eating Lawrence.
Sep 27, 2020 9:47 PM

Jun 2020
ahh holo is a goddess indeed, she's way too cute. she & lawrence make an interesting pair indeed, i love this anime already, really relaxing to watch.

i find the ED dumb tho, i hate it.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 31, 2020 6:13 AM

Aug 2018
I've noticed how there is a lot of screen fade's in his anime compared to others
_______I like rocks__
Jan 20, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty good episode. I feel like this episode already looks better than the previous one, but still lacks a bit for me. Do like some of the backgrounds though, they're solid. The real thing to care about though in this episode is the progression of Holo and Lawrence's relationship and understanding of each other, especially with the end where it was pretty tense when Holo was defending the wolves that Lawrence was talking about, who attacked him multiple times, citing that they attack out of fear more than anything. Lawrence even questioned Holo about how she was when she was a wolf in the past and if she attacked/ate humans like how wolves tried to attack him where she also didn't want to go further into that matter.

Also, the economic theme of the show is finally showing itself a bit too which is nice. Can't wait for the show to dig deeper into that as time progresses.
Mar 20, 2021 11:48 PM

Sep 2018
I love this show already
Sep 18, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
this episode was very nice! i really like holo's personality. i like how down-to-earth everything is so far.. its super calm and easy to watch

Mar 12, 2022 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
Holo seems like an interesting character. Yeah, I think I've clicked with this show.
Aug 10, 2022 12:01 AM

Oct 2020
Pretty interesting episode..

I'm not sure if it was the specific translation on Crunchyroll, but I was a little confused

Why was she speaking with that priest? What did she mean by "have more pluck" ?

Also Holo as a character seems a little inconsistent. Sometimes she's depicted as a wise sage type whereas other times she acts like a little kid who doesn't know any better

It's like the creators weren't sure if they wanted to make her an ancient god or a little anime wolf-girl
Jun 18, 2023 2:28 PM
May 2022
foda demais muito pika
Jun 26, 2023 6:17 PM

Mar 2022
Holo is certainly turning into an interesting character, again very snarky when she wants to be but at the same time very down to earth and adorable. Apparently potatoes and wolves don't get along at all. "Stupid potato! NOM!" XD 

Her interactions with Lawrence are definitely intriguing and I have a feeling that truth and lie ability that Holo has is going to be useful in the long run. We did get some insight on her past, implying she might've eaten humans in the past making Lawrence mad at her for that very reason. The economics side of this anime is starting to show up which is good to see. It's definitely the sort of anime that I can chill out to. It's just so calm and relaxing.
Sep 12, 2023 10:23 AM

Dec 2022
Holo doesn't exactly look like a wolf girl to me, but maybe she's based off a few of the extinct Grey Wolf subspecies in Japan (such as the Honshu wolf) that were smaller and more reddish in colouration.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 1, 2023 4:02 PM
Jul 2021
CADA EPISODIO MAIS GOSTOSO DE ASSISTIR.
Dec 25, 2023 7:22 PM
Jul 2017
nothing happening right now, but lets see where it goes
Mar 26, 4:06 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
In this episode we have: Lawrence fingering a potato

Holo's going to be a helpful companion indeed for Lawrence in his business as a merchant if she is capable of telling if someone is lying or not

Was looking for romance when I picked this up several years ago, and upon further investigation realized that there wasn't that much of it in this, so I dropped it after a few episodes. But now, I don't need that, I just want this for what it is, to watch some banter, some back and forth, and some thoughtful insight between Lawrence and Holo.

Also, seeing sad Holo was, well, really sad man. At least she declared them as "even" after Lawrence tried asking her a difficult question as well.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 27, 9:24 AM

Jul 2023
So far so good.

It's still building things up so we can have better episodes.

I love the business and econ concepts discussed or covered. We have barter, currency value.

I can imagine some people might get bored by this but this is good.
Apr 17, 10:00 AM
Apr 2023
With peace and love, the main character merchant guy was kind of a little whiny bitch when Holo was talking about wolves eating people 🙃
Apr 30, 9:12 AM

Jan 2018
Man, the fanservice is stronger in the OG. But I wonder if it can be considered fanservice at all because of the Barbie doll body...

This episode felt pretty much 1:1 with the Remake. There might be some minor differences with the smaller interactions between Holo and Lawrence. Like I don't remember some small scenes/dialogue.

One thing I noticed is that the Holo illustrations in the ED look more like Remake Holo's design than the OG anime design. I am guessing that's because both are more faithful to the light novel designs.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Today, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.