Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
Back to 10/10 after this episode. And god damn it, I did NOT expect ghost Banri to win it all :D
Mar 20, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2012
Mitsuo's such a bro. I feel like that it's for future Banri, period. :/ He was actually a pretty good MC, too.

Mar 20, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Even thou' I just read the comments I still dont feel prepared to start watching again Golden Time. I'm too connected to the anime and I cant focus at anything if I start to get into it again. So , I'll suck at work and I want to keep my workplace so..........
Basically my heart gone "doki doki" only from reading the comments from episode 20 onwards I cant imagine how I'd be if I'd watch the episodes.....
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Mar 20, 2014 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
Achtung achtung! Bull$hit episode detected.
Mar 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Heartbreaking episode :( and possible finale.

He needs to check into a mental hospital.
Mar 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
That scene with the slow mo dance made me cringe a bit, I thought they were going to make him go crazy mid dance again and that would have been stupid.
I feel an open ending coming, gonna have to get the newest LN.
I'm still on board the Linda ship.
Mar 20, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
Banri's screaming was entertaining.
Mar 20, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
Hitashi said:
I don't get it is old Banri different from the ghost Banri that's been watching new Banri?

Ghost Banri = Old Banri + all the knowlege of watching new Banri as a watcher. Ghost Banri knows currentl Banri's life, old Banri doesn't.
Old Banri = before incident Banri
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Mar 20, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
Thank you Linda (!), Nana-senpai, 2D and Mitsuo for actually making me enjoy this show way more than main characters with their cringeworthy moments (not that i dont feel bad for Banri tho, thats whole different case).
Mitsuo tearing up made me tear up a bit as well.I can see that inside hes not a bad guy, its just that he's a little player who needs to know his place more.

Jocko said:
IMHO all she deserves now is to be alone and happy, or get to know 2D more.She wouldnt be 100% happy with Banri right now.At least thats what i think.
Mar 20, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
SweetKotomi said:
fezzy_2004 said:
anyone want to start any ending predictions?

I expect Banri to just be friends with everyone. No romance, no Kouko kissing Banri, or Linda confessing. Just a plain friendship episode.

As for what was Ghost Banri. I believe it was just Banri's other self that was trying to take over but settled down afterward. Now we get these normal panic attacks which is quite sad to see Banri in such a depressing state because it's not his fault he has those attacks. As for Kouko, I hope they don't end up together. I mean breaking up with Banri because she doesn't want to see him forget her and leave her. I get her reasons, but if she really did love him she'd stay with him in the good and bad times. What if they got married and after 4 years his panic attacks come back again. Will she leave him to avoid being hurt. Linda is much better with Banri but I doubt either will win.

This.
Dem feels.
Depressing stuff..
A little mad at Koko for breaking up with him..
But I'm glad everyone else is there for him.
The moment between Mitsuo and Banri..

Gonna love seeing Koko and 2D-kun butting heads XD next episode lol
Going to expect a depressing ending to this series.
Mar 20, 2014 4:37 PM
Jan 2014
Jocko said:

*HUGS* i know how you feel and im also on this ship but... :'(

sorry.. it is clear enough that linda is not in love with him, this episode makes me realize that(i always thought that she loves him, damn those flashbacks. what was that for?) and even if banri forget everything he would fell in love with koko again. that's for sure.

why did i watch this anime just to see my ship drown..

first nagiasu, now this. dies..
kurosai16Mar 20, 2014 4:41 PM
Mar 20, 2014 4:38 PM
Dec 2013
How can I describe this feeling? I haven't had it sense Little Busters! Refrain. I'm so excited for next week to see the finale, yet I'm so sad at the exact same time. I will truly miss 2-D Kun, as well as all those other scrubs. Kidding, but really, this has been a great show with ups and downs in quality and senselessness, yet it looks like it's going to leave on one of the higher marks I've seen. Is it Toradora's ending? No. Is it moderately close? Completely.
Mar 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
I'm going to do a seppuku and take all the GT fans with me after I finish this anime next week , it will make me forget about it and remind me of my life.
*Loading Gasai Yuno - Yandere mode.......*
*ETA: 6 days , 18 hours....*
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Mar 20, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
So Golden Tiem was a show about a dude with mental problems and how he caused problems for his friends and failed to maintain a relationship with his wacky girlfriend because he goes nuts then he reverts back to his past self losing the memories of everything that happened in the show. K den :|
Mar 20, 2014 4:56 PM
May 2013
why does everyone want a sad ending?
Mar 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
Banri's breakdowns are hard to watch and sometimes pretty funny xD

Had mix feelings about his break down halfway through this episode...
First I couldn't watch it all the way through and paused the episode...
Then I started writing this...

Then I clicked play and started laughing O.o

Mar 20, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
Okay, I have been enjoying this series since I first watched the first episodes but I have come to the realization that the plot had been a disaster, and it pains me to say it since I've enjoyed this disaster.

First off, Banri's loss of memory since after the accident is fucked up and unrealistic. The authors just can't make us believe that the supernatural happened and both personalities made their own memories, and rules in that whoever owns the body, his memories shall only retain. Now, this is only based on observation but that's most likely the scenario, and it was assumed that we were to understand it just like that.

Second, ghost Banri should have known these people since throughout the episodes of his haunting his future self, he was shown to have been present, observing what was happening, supposedly knowing these people. So why the fxck is he playing I don't know who you are with these people? Big plot hole, if you ask me.

Third, I've been rooting for Koko ever since she chased after Banri just to tell him she loves him. And if I was Koko, and I saw Banri in the oka camera, I wouldn't have run away. I would've supported Banri until the very end cause that's how love works.

The creators of this anime tried too hard to create a problem just to embellish the show. Anyhow, knowing these things, it sickens me that I still liked the show enough for me to wait for Thursday with much anticipation. I still hope they don't bombard us with events and rush it too much in the next episode.

P.s. I'm in mobile so it's hard but the post about Koko doing the same thing as Linda was mind blowing. Linda stayed as friends after Banri had lost his memories and Koko went on the same path. Koko and Linda should be closer friends.
Mar 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
Marow said:
Golden Time advice:

Just go to a dang doctor.

The end.

He has been going to a doctor. Seems he regularly visits one and he is being prescribed anti-anxiety medication to help for the panic attacks. The anime briefly showed one of the sessions he was having with his doctor as he discussed the dream he had of his past self falling from the bridge.

Generally it would be a bad idea for him to be in hospital, unless he is a danger to himself.
Mar 20, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2013
I think that I would actually enjoy this more if there was a supernatural tag.
Mar 20, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
Despite everyone in this anime acting in completely illogical ways, I gotta admit it's an excellent story. Too bad there's only one episode left. I don't want to jump to conclusions but... shouldn't they have sent Banri to the hospital a long while ago¿

I still think he'll end up with Koko, somehow his friendship with Mitsuo, Chinami, Koko, Nana and 2D-kun will make him "merge" both Banris, the love for Koko will be bigger than the love for Linda, we'll be at peace with her and go to Koko.

That, unless they decide to go for a bad end. lol
Mar 20, 2014 5:10 PM
Apr 2013
You guys are all sighing and saying it's gonna be a KokoxBanri ending, but that might not be the case. The title of the show might literally be Koko and, possibly, Banri looking back on their relationship, remembering it as a "Golden Time", and they'll just leave it at that.
Mar 20, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting. So Kouko broke up with Banri not because she got mad at him for going crazy, but because he would eventually lose all of his memory and stop liking her anyway.

Tbh, the way this anime has been going and especially how this episode went, there's not enough time for a happy ending. Old Banri falling in love with Kouko in 1 episode is just too unrealistic, and a sudden Banri x Linda ending is too sudden. Seems like this is going to be a romance anime that ends unromantically, which is pretty stupid. At least it's (probably) not going to be a sad ending.
Mar 20, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2012
Well I guess I'll still be rooting for that Nana x Banri... After all, he's made the most progress with her: http://imgur.com/3EdBMDC
Mar 20, 2014 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
I'm going to do a seppuku and take all the GT fans with me after I finish this anime next week , it will make me forget about it and remind me of my life.
*Loading Gasai Yuno - Yandere mode.......*
*ETA: 6 days , 18 hours....*

I will join you in seppuku.
Mar 20, 2014 5:28 PM
Mar 2014
The way this is going, Im thinking it will be Banri X Koko
but im still rooting for Linda, she has been there though everything, while Koko
left because she was afraid of being hurt.
In the anime I think it will be Koko
But in the novel i think it will be linda

after the 2nd op I knew it would be some problems, it seem like it was pulling them further apart
This life is a marathon, I'm on a steady pace
Mar 20, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
looks like koko will go join banri and start a new relationship. hue.
Mar 20, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well all signs point to KokoxBanri end. I enjoyed the feels but when you think about it, the drama was forced and unrealistic. It still entertained me though so I guess that's what matters.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 20, 2014 5:30 PM
Mar 2014
doug23 said:
You guys are all sighing and saying it's gonna be a KokoxBanri ending, but that might not be the case. The title of the show might literally be Koko and, possibly, Banri looking back on their relationship, remembering it as a "Golden Time", and they'll just leave it at that.

good point, didn't realize that. Makes so much more sense
This life is a marathon, I'm on a steady pace
Mar 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
talkingbout said:
doug23 said:

good point, didn't realize that. Makes so much more sense

But the thing about anime is that it doesn't characterize itself as sensical so since this is a Romance genre, the demand for a romantic ending is probably their way to go.
Mar 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
Well I'm really hoping that Banri gets to spend a night in Paris, lol.

No seriously, I would be really mad if he doesn't end up with Koko and it wouldn't make sense to me.
Mar 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
Keyna said:
Well I'm really hoping that Banri gets to spend a night in Paris, lol.

No seriously, I would be really mad if he doesn't end up with Koko and it wouldn't make sense to me.

You're just like Kawashima Ami with this comment. xD
Mar 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
damn banri pretty much turned into the guy from Memento this episode

i almost got the feels this week just for the fact this might not be a happy end
Mar 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
Am I the only one who noticed that JC STAFF completely recycled the sound clip at 21:08 of this episode straight out of the Little Busters! Refrain episode previews?
Mar 20, 2014 6:20 PM
May 2013
Kurogashi said:
looks like koko will go join banri and start a new relationship. hue.

note necessarily there is a good chance banri will end up with linda
Mar 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2012
Alright you guys, there's your Linda end. Now it's time for Koko to tear it up in the next episode and bring Banri home!

Also, eheheh, I think that's as close as we'll get to a Nana romance, and dat Mitsuo bromance! :3

game8910 said:
Am I the only one who noticed that JC STAFF completely recycled the sound clip at 21:08 of this episode straight out of the Little Busters! Refrain episode previews?

There was also some re-used song from the ToraDora soundtrack - that said, I don't know if that song actually made it into the ToraDora show.
Mar 20, 2014 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
Banri started to getting back to his past self. I felt bad for him.
Mar 20, 2014 6:24 PM
May 2013
Chaospan said:
Alright you guys, there's your Linda end. Now it's time for Koko to tear it up in the next episode and bring Banri home!

Also, eheheh, I think that's as close as we'll get to a Nana romance, and dat Mitsuo bromance! :3

With how things are going I doubt we will see a Koko ending
Mar 20, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
@Wong, etc; Yeah I can understand, I just feel like somehow Koko's gonna go get her man, one way or the other! XD. I really hope he remembers her though.
Mar 20, 2014 6:26 PM

Jun 2012
2D-kun is a true bro/friend
Mar 20, 2014 6:29 PM
May 2013
HybridMBL said:
2D-kun is a true bro/friend

agreed out of all the characters in GT he seems the most stable/there for everyone guy
Chaospan said:
@Wong, etc; Yeah I can understand, I just feel like somehow Koko's gonna go get her man, one way or the other! XD. I really hope he remembers her though.

I know how u feel except rooting for Linda actually
Mar 20, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
Kinaro said:
So Golden Tiem was a show about a dude with mental problems and how he caused problems for his friends and failed to maintain a relationship with his wacky girlfriend because he goes nuts then he reverts back to his past self losing the memories of everything that happened in the show. K den :|

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about Banri up to this point. I know it's not his fault, but I really hope the writers allow him to get it together. The only reason why I'm still rooting for Koko x Banri is because that's what Koko wants, and I think she's awesome.

Otherwise, I figure Banri should just be with Linda since she's got the patience to baby his crazy ass, but not at the cost of Koko getting her heart broken; so I'd rather see a miracle where Banri keeps all of his memories (past, present, -and- "ghost"...) and chooses Koko after all she put into their relationship.
Mar 20, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was a sad and an unavoidable turn of events. He finally regained his old memories and lost all of his new memories. I cannot wait until the last episode. I want to see what ultimately happens to Tada Bandi and Kaga Koko.

Great episode!!!
Mar 20, 2014 6:47 PM
Nov 2010
Ending will most likely by KokoxBanri.

My guess is that all Banri's friends will come visit him and tell him that he doesn't need to remember all their time together and that they will form new memories together from this point forward.

He might have some magical remembrance of Koko for the 'love conquers all' cliche or at least some lingering feelings of attachment that they might build upon in their future. I can't imagine they would ignore Koko's whole speech about her being with him for life if he remembers her - that speech was probably put there for a reason.

Hopefully they won't just end it without a sense of resolution, but this has been a train wreck of a show so anything is possible.

I really don't LindaxBanri has any chance of happening - she'll always be his friend and the LN didn't really allude to anything more.

The best ending would be BanrixHisTears.
Mar 20, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
well that escalated quickly (o_O)
this episode was great, too bad next week's the last episode :(
I hope it ends in a happy ending.
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 20, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2013
This episode really worked for me. Solid throughout, with a few minor hiccups and comedy and drama that actually work. Koko was the most sympathetic character this episode; her pain at what is about to happen to Banri was portrayed very well, and the scene where she's crying after Bnari runs away from her on the street was genuinely heartbreaking. 2D-kun had his moments to shine too. So overall, great episode.

I'm not completely sure there will be a happy ending, but I do expect the video camera that Chinami carries around to play a role in the finale. It's been present throughout the whole series and essentially recorded Banri's happiest moments as a new person. I wouldn't be surprised if it's used to bring his memories back. After all, remember the message he left himself on the camera?
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 20, 2014 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Sad and calm ending for the most part.
Can't wait to see what happens in the last episode
Mar 20, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2011
Thank god this is finally over. This show is SAO-tier bad.
Mar 20, 2014 7:35 PM
Nov 2013
CurryTeddy said:
How should I put it, it seems obvious who is gonna end with Banri and I'm not really happy wiith that, but that's like I thought is going to happen with the same author as toradora.

I still prefer the LindaxBanri Pairing, because I just think that they both fit perfect together and like we saw in the last episodes It's so ** obvious, that she still has feelings for Banri.

I think the Anime is going to end with BanrixKoko but I still believe, that the Light-Novel are going to end with BanrixLinda let's see what happens.

5/5!

the light novel goes the exact same way, i will not spoil you but its just the same, so if its barri x koko or banri x linda it does not change, however the cinematics and last moments will most likely change like in toradora since its the same author and the whole thing has been novel clone all the way like its supposed to be.
Mar 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
I feel like this show gets worse and worse every episode. I had high hopes for it too...
Mar 20, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2013
KokoXbanri till the end \m/

Their formal breakup really hits me, and they end it with a promise wtf

no idea bout the ending but really hoping for a happy ending :)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.