Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 21, 2014 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
We've got three ways to go now ... happy ending , sad ending and of course crappy ending. I'm realy rooting for Banri and Koko but right now i can only see two ships sinking badly : ( . Well i hope i'm wrong
FeonrMar 21, 2014 4:02 PM
Mar 21, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2014
Man what an episode. I feel bad for Banri. He doesn't want to go back to his former self. sigh* At least his friends will be there for him when he regains his memories even if he forgets them.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Mar 21, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2010
I hope this doesn't end with the bullshit "I regained all of my memories again because of the strong feelings of my friends for me". Really, if he regained his university memories without any logical explanation then that's just bad. The production of this series is getting worse every episode so the only thing that can save this is the conclusion.

I got a bit teary from seeing Kouko cry and Yana's speech though. I hope Kouko continues being Kouko and get a well-deserved happy ending.
Mar 21, 2014 6:09 PM

Mar 2012
iDara09 said:
Somebody give 2D-kun a medal.

^^^^

Why the fuck is Banri freaking out just because he doesn't know that place?

Impressive is that the ending of this episode made my left eye cry, something that did not happen while watching anime during months. That's something impressive. Awesome anime *-*
Mar 21, 2014 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
Oh god.....oh god....how will this end??? I'm a wreck....
Mar 21, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
Hopefully he ends up with Nana-senpai next ep. After this anime is done I'm definitely going to watch Nana.
Mar 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2012
-MgZ_ said:
I hope this doesn't end with the bullshit "I regained all of my memories again because of the strong feelings of my friends for me". Really, if he regained his university memories without any logical explanation then that's just bad. The production of this series is getting worse every episode so the only thing that can save this is the conclusion.

I got a bit teary from seeing Kouko cry and Yana's speech though. I hope Kouko continues being Kouko and get a well-deserved happy ending.

Yes because amnesia allows you to clearly remember your whole life up to a fixed point in exchange for forgetting recent memories right? So logical and medically proven. They should just go hit the reset button for every amnesia patient IRL - I mean gaining most of their memories back is better than them being stalked by a ghost and flip-flopping between two fixed and clearly defined sets of memories, right?

/sarcasm

I am a Koko fan too - Banri getting -all- (present, past, and 'ghost') of his memories back and becoming a whole person who still loves her -IS- her happy ending, and it's totally plausible because the show was well into fiction and way past logic when they introduced his BS version of "amnesia" in the first place.
Mar 21, 2014 8:18 PM

Sep 2010
This episode and the last one brought my rating up.

Everything dramatic actually led to something, good or bad, unlike the first half of the series. (atleast thats how I feel.)

BUT DAMN is it ever depressing. I thought he might get his memories back, but I didn't think he'd lose his current ones =[. Seeing Koko being all stupid and sad and depressed because of it is so depressing.

I hope next episode something click and he remembers Koko. Or atleast, remember he loves her or something or anything llike maannn. Maybe when he sees the video it'll kick start something???
Mar 21, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Holy damn shit, Banri is gone... I was really hoping somehow for an happy ending, but I can't see how it could be happening. I guess it will be a bittersweet ending.

Yana is such a bro :P
2D-kun too.

The beginning scene was so fucking sad. Of course Koko was forcing herdelf, at no moment she looked relieved.

I will miss this serie, I loved the fact that the romance didn't fuck around and take 20 episodes to resolve.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 21, 2014 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
Damn...so many ships sinking.

I found the bromance between Yana and Banri to be the most poignant moment of the whole series. Bromance is the best mance.

In the final episode Mitsuo would be the one to stabilize Banri, Banri would altogether ditch having relationships and become a womanizing stud with his best wingman Mitsuo who also stops looking for long term relationships. They would spend the rest of their lives macking on women drama-free. Those years of his life after he made this fateful decision with his bro Mitsuo would be known as his 'Golden Time'. It would be forever legen-waitforit....DARY!
kondeeMar 21, 2014 9:37 PM
Mar 21, 2014 9:34 PM

Sep 2013
as much as this series has pissed me off for different reasons, it still manages to get so many water works out of me!!! I don't know what it is...

this episode especially was touching... can;t believe it's ending next week!
Mar 21, 2014 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
last week's episode was SO dramatic... but in this episode, at the end, when post-accident banri finally faded away... he was having such a heartwarming spiritual moment of being in the present... somehow it made it that much harder to bare, I dunno! I'm still crying over everything that just happened. I'm hoping for a happy ending :')
Mar 21, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2010
Fuck Myself.. Why did i predict that Banri won't ends up with anyone... I don't even wished for that but.. i got this feeling that this prediction will happen
MyReminiscenceMar 21, 2014 10:06 PM
Mar 21, 2014 10:13 PM
Jan 2013
Aww this episode killed my feels. Especially 2D-kun, Koko, and Yana-san. I kinda cried.

Something I've been wondering though - how does regaining your old memories lose your new ones?? Is this a condition the anime invented for sake of plot?? Maybe he has a form of anterograde amnesia? It doesn't really seem to fit though...

Is this going to end how I think it will? Banri gets his memories back at the end? Predictable, but I think any other ending, even a bittersweet one, would leave me unhappy.
Mar 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
Dear golden time team, please don't dissapoint me and leave us with some bullshit ending. If it's not kokoxbanri this will heavily affect my review. By a pretty big margin.
Mar 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Aug 2008
Eh. I'd think if she really loved him, something like losing less-than-a-year's worth of memories shouldn't be too detrimental.

Unless he suffers from a chronic decease where he keeps losing his memories sporadically due to having had that accident, they can just make new ones after he "forgets" that one time?

The ED does suggest she goes to his house so maybe she WILL do it like that.
Mar 22, 2014 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
Archlyte said:
Fuck Myself.. Why did i predict that Banri won't ends up with anyone... I don't even wished for that but.. i got this feeling that this prediction will happen

Yeah I predicted that too around maybe the 3rd or 4th episode, but not this way man...

My real question is, is this realistic. Does this stuff really happen in real life with amnesia?
Mar 22, 2014 5:21 AM
Jan 2014
It's interesting, the climax of any anime can either make it or ruin it I mean an anime with a slow confusing start can become great with a strong finish
Where as an anime with a strong start can completely crumble within a few episodes lol

To be honest I hope the anime has a better ending than the light novel cause I recon its just so badly written
I'm not spoiling the ending and not saying its happy or sad, but there's a climax and then pointless shit after it which is just confusing
Hoping the anime finishes strong
Mar 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2010
Chaospan said:
-MgZ_ said:

Yes because amnesia allows you to clearly remember your whole life up to a fixed point in exchange for forgetting recent memories right? So logical and medically proven. They should just go hit the reset button for every amnesia patient IRL - I mean gaining most of their memories back is better than them being stalked by a ghost and flip-flopping between two fixed and clearly defined sets of memories, right?

/sarcasm

I am a Koko fan too - Banri getting -all- (present, past, and 'ghost') of his memories back and becoming a whole person who still loves her -IS- her happy ending, and it's totally plausible because the show was well into fiction and way past logic when they introduced his BS version of "amnesia" in the first place.

That's the problem. I don't even get why would he lose his present memories when his past memories come back to him. That's just bullshit. And if they do add more bullshit like getting his present memories from nowhere then that will be the most bullshit story development ever made.
Mar 22, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
Looks like a happy ending for now. Again with the annoying Banri of the past, just 1 more episode...gotta endure. It felt weird that he lost his memories again at the end. Damn, 2D-kun and Mitsuo are such nice characters. Nana-senpai rocks!!
Mar 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
Paper_Raccoon said:
In the beginning of this series I HATED koko and wanted a depressing ending or something like that, but now I just want banri and koko to be together PLZ I DONT WANT A DEPRESSING ENDING ;_;
Haha that's basically how I was too. around the middle of the series I wasn't against BanrixKoko anymore, and now I just want them to be together.

I loved this episode. But I have the feeling I won't like the ending...
Mar 22, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2014
Tynker said:
Paper_Raccoon said:
In the beginning of this series I HATED koko and wanted a depressing ending or something like that, but now I just want banri and koko to be together PLZ I DONT WANT A DEPRESSING ENDING ;_;
Haha that's basically how I was too. around the middle of the series I wasn't against BanrixKoko anymore, and now I just want them to be together.

I loved this episode. But I have the feeling I won't like the ending...

New guy here. I agree with your comment on this. At the start of the series, I was not certain about Koko & her obssession with Yana, (& then when she started dating Tada). However, as the series went on, I did notice that Koko grew up quite a bit & her character began to improve.

I especially loved how she started pushing Tada to face his past, (when his first reaction was to run away) & then her talking about his past with Linda openly showed that she had accepted his past relationship with Linda & that she had moved on.

Granted, the ending of this episode was kind of predictable, (and sad at the same time), however I am holding out hope for a Toradora-esque ending to this series, (fingers majorly crossed as this anime deals with mental health issues & who knows what the writers are up to).

A perfect ending for me would be to see Tada & Koko get back together, (would be great if Tada got his wish & had both sets of memories, (maybe a combination of the notes he gave himself, Chinami's video blog & meeting his friends face-to-face), Yana with Linda & 2-D kun with Chinami, (who I absolutely adore).

Another thing I am curious about, is in the finale if they will show who it was that hit Banri & knocked him off the bridge. I have suspected the man who was in a relationship with Linda's brother's fiance, & would be interested to see that story closed, (but can live without it being discussed).

I am excited for the series finale & can not wait for it come out.
Mar 22, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
ricchan15 said:
Aww this episode killed my feels. Especially 2D-kun, Koko, and Yana-san. I kinda cried.

Something I've been wondering though - how does regaining your old memories lose your new ones?? Is this a condition the anime invented for sake of plot?? Maybe he has a form of anterograde amnesia? It doesn't really seem to fit though...

Is this going to end how I think it will? Banri gets his memories back at the end? Predictable, but I think any other ending, even a bittersweet one, would leave me unhappy.
If you've noticed this is not your typical amnesia. Starting with the fact Ghost Banri is a thing, so that itself break any logic regular amnesia may hold, because it will not apply here. And yes it is for plot's sake, and let's just say it is not a bad one at that, as it creates quite the unique cesspool of conflicts around. Either past or present, which one? I've never really seen a series try to pull that route and I've got to say the author has done a pretty darn good job at that

Anyway seeing how Koko is gonna visit Banri, I think they will do "re-introductions" with renewed Banri. Let's see how that works like.

Yana and Nijigen did a pretty solid friendship job there, hope they appear next episode. And Banri "left" with dignity.
Mar 22, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
This was a really emotional episode .

Now I know why the show is called Golden Time .
Mar 22, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
When will this Ghost Banri thing be resolve,honestly Banri would have long gone crazy by now if all of this drama were to have happened irl.

This anime is starting to lose me now too,especially whenever Banri gets one of his panic attack and Ghost Banri resurfaces.

After this episode I finally realized just how terrifying Banri dilemma actually is (and actually started to get abit paranoid about this situation happening to me XD quite scary honestly).

Urgh,I have the sudden urge to spoil myself too and don't think I'll be able to last a week.
Mar 22, 2014 10:47 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
The dance never gets old! The Nana comedy part felt a bit forced but still enjoyed this episode. Am I the only one who got a yaoi vibe from Yana during his scene with Banri...?

next episode is gonna be pre-accident banri throughout the whole episode, until the last scene with pre-accident Banri and Kouko talking, and as the finish their conversation, the screen fades to white and we hear banri say something post-accident Banri would say, and then end.
Calling it like that!
Mar 23, 2014 12:01 AM

Feb 2014
Banri and Linda need to end up together. That is all
Mar 23, 2014 12:08 AM
Feb 2012
^agree

Even though, I'm actually not sure how this will all end. Looking forward to the end next week.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 23, 2014 12:21 AM

Dec 2008
I can't wait to see the next episode.
Mar 23, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2012
People are still caught up on that ghost banri shit?
Ghost Banri never truly existed, he's just used figuratively to portray Banri's fucked up memories.
So given that, none of the memory loss stuff is all that "illogical" as people make it out to be.

Also, Banri getting with Linda would be stupid imo. That would negate everything that Banri and Koko have been through. Yeah, koko isn't what you'd call the perfect girlfriend but I'm kinda glad she isn't. Love doesn't follow logic, the two just happen to like each other, and seeing them try to deal with their unique problems is what makes the show interesting. Anyone with an idealized view of love should have dropped this show from the start lol

Also, I don't blame LINDDAAAAAA-banri for freaking out at all. I don't think any of you have any idea what it would be like to basically wake up in the middle of the city street when your last memories are from some rural town. Sheesh.
idontwannapostMar 23, 2014 2:02 AM
Mar 23, 2014 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
banri x Kouko OTP, I will swim in your delicious Linda x Banri Shipper tears :D
Also, that Yaoi-esque scene between Yana and Banri - wtf? XD
Overall a good episode, I'm curious to see the final
Mar 23, 2014 3:07 AM
Sep 2011
copperwolf said:
That sudden end of episode exposition. No scene or nothing just. "I reverted back to my former self" so cold. Dem feels.

I feel you. "Nantoka Nare" was playing in my head when I finished the episode.

At the beginning of the anime, I was one of the people who cared about ships, but the tears slowly gathered to form an ocean of feels. And Banri's last monologue... somehow, he'll be fine. A straightforward ending feels like a slap to the face(which the anime has done enough times), I don't think the anime is capable of pulling the BAD END... so I'll go and predict the bittersweet ending: he reverts to his old self, but all of his friends reacquaints with him at the end. They'll have to start all over, but somehow, it'll be fine.

It'll all be fine.
Mar 23, 2014 3:56 AM
Mar 2014
I feel that this anime is going to end up the same as Toradora where she would leave him be and after the ending they would add a scene where she would pop out of nowhere and jump on him

it's obvious that this show used the same basics as toradora to start but then took a huge leap forward when it comes to drama, it just became everyone Crying Every episode, even when everything turns out fine, something bad happens at the end
Mar 23, 2014 7:45 AM
Mar 2014
Zelot said:

next episode is gonna be pre-accident banri throughout the whole episode, until the last scene with pre-accident Banri and Kouko talking, and as the finish their conversation, the screen fades to white and we hear banri say something post-accident Banri would say, and then end.
Calling it like that!

Great point! It would not surprise me to see the ending go that way, (would be similiar to how th eending credits goes at this time as well, (i.e. Koko sitting there by herself & then Banri comes up, sits beside her & takes her hand).
Mar 23, 2014 9:39 AM
Mar 23, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2011
Well the author is obsessed with blonde hair, rich-girl, main heroines. It's 100% koko
Mar 23, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2009
Seriously, why some of you think Banri and Linda may end up together, for whole series they didn't have any romantic development. Flashbacks doesn't count.
Mar 23, 2014 3:07 PM

Dec 2009
From the feeling of the ending and the preview of the last episode,
seems its going to be a happy ending, which I somehow didn't expect like this at all with such a story and protagonist with that kind of amnesia.

I hope the ending will somehow be satisfying.
Mar 23, 2014 5:38 PM

Oct 2013
I just want whoever Banri becomes permanently to be with the girl he loves. I wasn't shipping anybody until about halfway. Then I chose Linda.

But honestly, in every single rom anime I have watched. If the main boy and girl are in the op or on the pic of the series they will end up together.

My prediction is either its Koko and Banri or no one because everyone will have to recreate their friendship. and honestly, since when has the childhood friend ended up with anybody?

Mar 23, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
i hope to god it's koko and not linda. not that i don't like linda but after seeing this episode i really do understand just how much koko has gone through and had to handle because of banri. like what are the chances you fall for an amnesia patient who ends up forgetting about you in random panic attacks??? I just hope it's a happy ending between koko and banri, especially after this episode
Mar 23, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
Does anyone know if there is any kind of real medical case like Banri's out there ? I mean I've heard of amnesia, but losing the new memories after regaining the old ones ? Just sounds odd to me, maybe I'm just being stupid, dunno, but honestly this sounds much more like a supernatural kind of thing to me than of a actual medical condition.

Also nice bromance from Yana and Banri, not gay or yaoi, just truly bromance... Respect
PatureauMar 23, 2014 10:14 PM
Mar 23, 2014 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
Patureau said:
Does anyone know if there is any kind of real medical case like Banri's out there ? I mean I've heard of amnesia, but losing the new memories after regaining the old ones ? Just sounds odd to me, maybe I'm just being stupid, dunno, but honestly this sounds much more like a supernatural kind of thing to me than of a actual medical condition.

Also nice bromance from Yana and Banri, not gay or yaoi, just truly bromance... Respect

theres actually two types of amnesia, anterograde and retrograde. Anterograde makes it impossible to create new memories after the accident while you still retain the old ones. It's like the one in 50 first dates. Retrograde is the classic one that everyone thinks of. I kind of think that the author just made a mix of both to fit the needs of the story being created
Mar 23, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2013
Defcon69 said:
Patureau said:

theres actually two types of amnesia, anterograde and retrograde. Anterograde makes it impossible to create new memories after the accident while you still retain the old ones. It's like the one in 50 first dates. Retrograde is the classic one that everyone thinks of. I kind of think that the author just made a mix of both to fit the needs of the story being created

Thats what I thought... guess we put it in the "poetic liberty" category then... still bugs me a little though
Mar 23, 2014 10:22 PM

Oct 2013
Patureau said:
Defcon69 said:
Patureau said:

Thats what I thought... guess we put it in the "poetic liberty" category then... still bugs me a little though

oh it bugs the hell out of me too. it's the last thing i wanted to happen, especially with how it's messing up everyone around him. guess we'll just have to wait and see
Mar 23, 2014 10:53 PM

Jul 2013
Defcon69 said:
Patureau said:
Defcon69 said:
Patureau said:

oh it bugs the hell out of me too. it's the last thing i wanted to happen, especially with how it's messing up everyone around him. guess we'll just have to wait and see

I hear ya mate... wait and see it shall be
Mar 24, 2014 3:41 AM

Jul 2009
I've been thinking and the conclusion I came to is that Banri is actually a robot. How else do you explain the MS system restore he performed in this episode? The show was fun but quickly went downhill with this "I'm disappearing" bullshit. *hopes for a somewhat satisfying ending*
Mar 24, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2012
People should understand it isn't easy dealing with people who have amnesia. It can be pretty crazy for both the one who has amnesia and one who's with him/her. Seriously, Banri needs proper medical attention especially when his memories are coming back. He should have gone to the hospital the first time his memories came back. Either way, it is quite understandable why Koko wants to break up with Banri.

anyway, i wonder how this series will end? maybe Koko will make Banri fall in love with her again...

ROFL@ dat Banri x Yana bromance moment...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2009
I can't believe people are actually blaming Banri cos' he didn't "fight for his memories" -_-'.

I like where this is headed :D Though it is quite likely that he might just remember Kouko at some point, It will probably end with Kouko X Banri. Pretty sure Linda and Banri is over.

Now about Kouko, she is still a selfish little b!tch. She breaks up with Banri cos she doesn't want to be hurt, basically she doesn't care about Banri's feelings. You'd think she would want to stay with him till the end. I do get that she's hurting cos of this but that's really shitty of her, she has hardly grown up since the first few eps.

Nana still best girl!

DAT Bromance tho.
Mar 24, 2014 10:47 AM
Mar 2014
SithNoKami said:
I can't believe people are actually blaming Banri cos' he didn't "fight for his memories" -_-'.

I like where this is headed :D Though it is quite likely that he might just remember Kouko at some point, It will probably end with Kouko X Banri. Pretty sure Linda and Banri is over.

Now about Kouko, she is still a selfish little b!tch. She breaks up with Banri cos she doesn't want to be hurt, basically she doesn't care about Banri's feelings. You'd think she would want to stay with him till the end. I do get that she's hurting cos of this but that's really shitty of her, she has hardly grown up since the first few eps.

Nana still best girl!

DAT Bromance tho.

True about Koko. For all of the growing that her character has done over the course of the anime, she has always held on to that selfish part of herself, (which she addessed to Banri in this episode in her tearful confession of wanting to stay with him, if he remembered her).

I personally do not like the selfish part of her in this episode, however, I can understand her reasoning for doing it, (as Bandri did as well). I am curious to see how the authors wrap this up.

I have grown very fond of Nana. She has came along way from just being a side character who randomly appears, (same with 2-D Kun). Once this series is over, I am going to begin watching her series & see how that goes.
Mar 24, 2014 11:26 AM
Mar 2014
am i the only one who blames Linda for everything that goes wrong with Banri
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.