Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 21, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I think that it was a good ending. There isn't that much of closure, but there is an OVA planned and the manga continue further.

I must say, I just couldn't help but laugh when the electro music started and the white foxes started running. It looked so random and goofy :P

Mother. Fucking. Flying fox.

That crow was hilarious. Poor him, he's getting abused xD

The scene between Uka and Inari was cute. I was really wondering if she would still remember her of if she would have forgotten about everything that happened. Well, I got my answer at the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 21, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
this episode finished in a breeze, ending feels incomplete, wonder if Inari will see Uka-sama again...

this show felt quite lacking, wanting you to ask for more...but for a 10 episode anime, this is pretty much a good show...

all in all, i liked the feeling this show gives...good series overall... 8/10

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2008
8/10. Woulda been 9/10 if Tanbabashi and Inari actually happened or Uka and Inari were able to still see each other. Just a pair of downers for me that brought it down a slight notch.
Mar 22, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2012
Really love the OP.
Sad that Inari can't see Uka-sama now...

Create a Touka x Uka-sama side story pls
Mar 22, 2014 12:13 AM

Sep 2010
Are you shitting me.

If Nagi No Asukara ends as bad as this I will literally die internally.

Terrible ending. Sort of happy it's over.. The characters got boring. No real relationship developments except very rushed and basic things. OH I like this girl suddenly but she'll never like me. OH the boy I've always liked likes me too but we haven't really developed that either other than we are friends, still. OH And lets not forget about Touka.. They completely forgot about him. Everything was so rushed, which would be okay if there was a single story line but they added like five and only tied up one or two.

Just so bLLAhhh. Love the art, love the music. Everything else is just a big thumbs down.
Mar 22, 2014 4:59 AM

Feb 2009
Great anime, too bad it is only 10 episodes long.

Can someone spoil a bit about how can Touka see Uka? Does he have some kind of divine power?
Mar 22, 2014 5:59 AM
Sep 2008
A surpringly good original ending. Even though none of the love relations got solved this episode wrapped the whole atmosphere of the series very nicely.

Also seeing Uka and Tooka standing next to each other in the end was cute <3

It will be nice to see how the manga is going to end.
Mar 22, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
I liked this!

The drama wasn't too dramatic, though in some cases it was.
I thought the ending was quite realistic. The events happened, like Uka said they would and it involved no magic or miracles, which was a big bonus.

I love God-themed anime in general, so 8/10.

It probably would've gotten higher if it was longer.
Mar 22, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2011
When I first started watching this anime I though it's gonna be another Gingitsune. Unfortunately, it was much worse in my opinion. It attracted my attention only at the last 2-3 episodes so overall I give it 4/10
Mar 22, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2011
Was waiting for this series to finish airing before i finally marathon it through.

This was a beautiful series. I was so looking forward to it after the manga finally announced its anime.

The animation is beautiful, they really made this series so colourful with the backgrounds and especially the intermissions.

The voice actors were perfect. Ohzora Naomi was perfect for Inari, its like she literally became Inari while voicing her. Love the job Kuwashima Houko did for Uka, she sounded mature and wise around Inari but childish and a maiden in love when around Touka.

kz and May'n did a wonderful job for the OP. The OP really liven things up for the series especially the part where they introduced the cast of characters.I just feel happy listening to it. Maaya Sakamoto's ED is so beautiful and as if the song wasnt beautiful enough, the animation along with it made it even more beautiful. Its so relaxing and the colourful palette throughout the ED made it one of the best ED this season.

Although the series felt rushed in some parts, it was still a pretty good light hearted series. The OST's throughout the series was relaxing and really tells you what the series is about. Its sad that this series only had 10 episode though and i kinda doubt that another season will be made. However im still glad this series got an animation and the were good fundings for it that made it so beautiful to watch and listen to. 10/10
Mar 22, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2011
I liked the final episode for most of the part, the comedic moments were somewhat funny. The amount of padding though.. spent minutes going through the route to heaven, and another minutes for pulling the door apart.. The drama was overdone, the characters are still not likeable.. sigh whatever, I am done here.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
Execution of the last episode was just a little bit off, and as many people have commented we have all sorts of romantic relationships just left hanging in mid-air. Frankly the one between Uka and Touka interests me the most but I guess I'll have to start reading the manga to see where that is going.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 23, 2014 8:48 AM

Mar 2009
Inari don't have a Divine power now, so why didnt she revert back to the form of Sumizome?
Mar 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2010
Barely 7/10, the drama was simply exaggerated and I found it particularly hilarious by how much it was ridicolous. Also, too short, they should had to wait till the completation of the manga, then an adaptation would had been right.

Tfw Touka x Uka is forgotten even at the end. I think that if they would have focussed all of it on Touka as a MC, it could had been far better.

Btw, can't Uka transform into human so she can be seen by Inari? She did so when she helped Touka as lost kid.
Mar 23, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2007
LiLSatan said:
Inari don't have a Divine power now, so why didnt she revert back to the form of Sumizome?

Yeah, this always bugged me. If Inari had just received the divine power, changed back into herself, and returned the divine power to Uka straight away in the first episode, none of these problems would have ever occurred. But I guess the reason why she was reluctant to return it in the first place was because she would not have been able to see Uka afterwards. So in the final episode she sacrificed being able to see Uka in exchange for Uka's own well-being.

Akanezora said:
Btw, can't Uka transform into human so she can be seen by Inari? She did so when she helped Touka as lost kid.

And this is the other big plot hole lol. Uka's brother can obviously transform into a form that's visible to ordinary humans - and we saw him do it to mess with Inari - so why not Uka?

NETRiP said:

Can someone spoil a bit about how can Touka see Uka? Does he have some kind of divine power?

I think he's just born that way. Some people are born with the ability to see spirits, like Touka. But others have no such ability, like Inari before she got the divine power and all the other normal humans.
PondMar 23, 2014 10:30 PM
Mar 24, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2013
Akanezora said:
I think that if they would have focussed all of it on Touka as a MC, it could had been far better.
Ahahahah
Mar 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
Overall, this show had far too much forced drama. 4/10. Also, no resolution for Touka x Uka, Sumizome x Keiko, or even Inari x Tanbabashi?
Mar 25, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2010
Mizusi said:
Akanezora said:
I think that if they would have focussed all of it on Touka as a MC, it could had been far better.
Ahahahah

I'm glad I'm making you laugh.
Mar 25, 2014 9:48 PM
Nov 2011
How could they end at this point?! It's a key event in manga but there is much better way of making an ending.
At least make InarixTanba relationship to its ending with its lovely rooftop scene, dammit. This ending is dissapointing.
Mar 26, 2014 8:24 AM

May 2010
The first half was kinda bland but the 2nd made for it more than enough. Such a heartwarming finale... sad but bittersweet.

Guess there won't be a 2nd season, sorta sad...

9/10
Mar 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
This direction the author took is much to my disappoint.

A fool this person is. Picked the wrong main characters, doesn't want to explore things, puts an ultimatum situation around Uka's existence around said characters WHILE their doing "dating stuffs".. really? sheeesh
Someone needs to smack this author to reality caz if he/she would understand what the fans really wanted maybe there would be a win/win scenario with us getting more Uka x Inori's brother and the whole staff get more $$$$...
Much much disappoint. 6/10
Mar 26, 2014 12:51 PM
Feb 2009
damn i wish it was a little longer and covered the others romance
Mar 27, 2014 3:13 AM

Jun 2013
This felt a lil rush.... but nonetheless, beautiful ending :')
Especially the end when Uka was standing beside Touka.

I need more of Inari x Tanbabashi and Uka x Touka :-(
SEASON 2 PLS
Mar 27, 2014 7:31 AM
Oct 2013
A great series overall, I love every bit of it, the characters are very well done.. very nice series.. 9/10

p/s: After read through every episode discussion, I hope haters will eventually understand in this last episode, what the main theme of this anime is, why did author chose middle schooler as a main character, and the drama revolves around it.. but sadly, no.. I think the author gave a good job portraying how the adults and children acts, very nicely in here, I think the haters expected too much from MIDDLE SCHOOLER who act like MIDDLE SCHOOLER and have a conflict that fit them as a MIDDLE SCHOOLER and that just piss me off a bit, remind me to not marathon all episode discussions in one go..

oops!! before I forgot, I think the main theme is they want to emphasize on the relationship between Uka which is a deity and Inari which is a human and how it affects both society (human and deities)..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Mar 30, 2014 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
Was hoping for another Gingitsune, but I guess lightning doesn't strike twice so soon and I just ended up with a really subpar shoujo. 4/10
Mar 30, 2014 5:26 PM
Nov 2011
pyreholocaust said:
SEASON 2 PLS
There's not enough material for the second season atm. And it will take about a year and half to get it I guess. So you'd better try manga.
Mar 31, 2014 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
This was one of cutest and innocent anime I have ever watched. I really did enjoy watching this show though even though I'm not a fan of the shoujo genre. The ending seemed a little bit fast although it is well paced for a 10 episode anime. Inari's brother is definitely my favorite character in this show.
allo
Apr 3, 2014 9:53 PM
Sep 2009
I think it's good that they cut if off here. It hardly had any hints of the story continuing, which it does in the manga. That made it more bittersweet, and clean.
Apr 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2010
The first few episodes were really nice, but the melodrama and angst totally ruined the second half, a lot of wasted potential here. 5/10.
Apr 12, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
Mogami-kun said:
The first few episodes were really nice, but the melodrama and angst totally ruined the second half, a lot of wasted potential here. 5/10.

Yeah this basically.

In the end is was pretty enjoyable, but nothing special of really interesting.
5/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 13, 2014 1:24 AM

Jan 2008
As a series overall it was good but I cant say that I was happy about the ending this was a 10 for both me n my fiance up until the very end when it came down to

I get that after everything she is a stronger character now but that ending just made us disappointed more then I thought I was going to be

on the bright side Kon was so adorable though I so want one so badly he is so cute but also sad that
other then the very end of the episode the series would have gotten a 10 but it will be an 8 because of the overall knocked off 2 points due to ending n I never do that it is always 1 point at a time n that is pretty sad.
Apr 13, 2014 7:04 AM
Apr 2014
more more episodes ..........
Apr 15, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2012
What a cute yet sad ending, I'm really looking forward to see the ova and what that has to offer!

The overall anime was really lovely, it had a really nice and relaxing atmosphere over it with some slight romance development and just a great character development in general!

All by all a pretty nice anime I have to say 7/10!
Apr 21, 2014 4:52 AM

Feb 2014
It ended too soon. While i hardly think it could be much longer, i do think there's a lot more things that have yet been unraveled.
I can't help being mushy, because I love pussy.
May 5, 2014 9:38 AM
May 2012
I was all set with calling the series lame, because i feel there's not much character development and there's nothing much about the story that interests me, about to give this a 5, but that ending changed my mind quite a bit. I think giving Uka's powers back was the right thing to do, If that didn't happen (Inari keeps it), I might retain my 5 rating, but i'll be giving this a 7/10.

The relaxing atmosphere, coupled with the Kansai culture (e.g. the characters speaking in Kansai-ben, the setting in Kyoto) that I've come to appreciate was something that I would completely remember about this series.
May 7, 2014 5:08 AM
Feb 2007
Nuu.. such a bittersweet finale. DD: Wait, does that mean Inari's brother can still see Uka? D:
May 26, 2014 5:57 PM

May 2007
I just marathoned this and I loved every single bit of it. I'm going to start reading the manga from chapter 1 tomorrow....it's almost 2am.

I absolutely love Uka-chan, I know that she really wants to become a normal girl too. I gotta start reading it but I need to sleep. >_<

I'm giving this series a 10/10, this was such a good and refreshing watch after marathoning Watamote. I absolutely love these kinds of anime that bring the supernatural themes and mix it with rom-coms. I liked Inari but I enjoyed the budding relationship of Touka and Uka-chan.
Jun 4, 2014 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
Inari tugging at that giant stone was very heartwarming. I'm a bit surprised that they did go with the most practical ending (although that beats an everybody wins deus ex). But I think that rather than the end result, the journey was far more important and even though Inari and Uka have parted ways, they both grew tremendously and their experiences are indispensable. I teared up a bit when Inari appeared in front of the shrine at the end. Although they never confirm Tanba and Inari as a couple, I feel that their feelings were still resolved and it's only a matter of time at that point.

This series turned out to be a fresh change of pace for me. I loved the lighthearted atmosphere and sweet, fluffy sensation that came with it. Inari was a particularly fun character and she made for some hilarious moments in an already fun filled series. At first I was worried about the pace because of the 10 episode count, but I feel like this went at a steady, well rounded pace and really delivered.

8/10, looking forward to the OVA.
Jul 2, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
So in the end it was good end. Heartwarming one I would say. And I like how they showed Touka x Uka together in the end. Nice closure.

I wasn't disappointed in the end and that matters. This series was pretty bad in its middle but it quickly cought up and it managed to deliver till the end.
6/10
Jul 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2009
Can't believe I'm finally finishing this 3-4 months after it ended. The last episode has been sitting on my hard drive for that long...

I'm happy that Inari has grown as a person. By the end you can tell her friendships are all going well, and their certainly might be some romance in the future for her.

Sad that she can't see Uka anymore, and can't interact with her. I hope that's just for now, and something changes in the future(in the manga I mean).

Nice show. One of the best of Winter 2014. 8/10.

>tfw you will never play video games with Uka. :(
Jul 3, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
I liked this anime a lot but I thought the ending was bad and it didn't make sense. Inari could see Uka before she received the divine powers (she saved kon in the first episode). It also left inari's romance unresolved, and it didn't resolve anything with uka x touka even though he should still be able to see her.
Aug 2, 2014 10:54 AM

Jan 2012
good start but meh finish...

seems like they skipped a shit load of content. I'm not feeling this Uka + Inari connection/bond like the show is trying to portray.

Uka def. reminds me of Belldandy.... would wife both

7.2/10
Aug 11, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2011
Good. Sadly this one is underrated :(
Aug 15, 2014 11:46 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I thought the ending was bad. I think it tried too hard to be overly dramatic when the result was obvious from the get go. Still was an enjoyable series, but the ending kinda left me lacking any interest I had in continuing the manga.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Aug 20, 2014 6:59 AM

Jun 2012
Ah, it's over!? Damn, and I was starting to love it. Hopefully, there's a season two in the making.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Sep 16, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
Really nice ending! It was great to see how Inari grew over the series, but it's bittersweet that she can't see Uka-sama anymore. I feel like I'll have to read the manga to see what happens next (or watch season 2 if there is one). Great series, definitely underrated but it has good characters, lovely artwork and an enjoyable story.
Sep 18, 2014 8:36 AM
Apr 2013
6/10

no confession to the guy

but i liked how she struggled to save uka

and how she handled all the hard decitions, thats really some tough spots shes been in
Sep 21, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
_ClariS said:
Good. Sadly this one is underrated :(

Indeed it is. :(
8/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 4, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 2013
Gosh this anime was so wonderful and warm!! so mutch frendship and all i love it :'3

YES the ending made me cry ;O;
Oct 11, 2014 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
I singed up for a romance .__.
I dislike the ending because this whole drama could have been avoided fairly easily from much earlier. Uka knew she'll fade away if her power stayed with Inari but didn't want to get it back because she still wants to be with Inari. The hell? it's not like she'll be with her if she fades away. It was the best option for both of them and Uka knew that but still let it drag this much till the last possible minute.
I'm also not sure why Inari can remember Uka even though I remember it being said a few times in the show that she won't be able to after she returns her powers.. ><

Instead of all this unnecessary drama they should have took the time to develop the relationship between Inari and Tanbabashi better. I'm not even sure I remember when Tanbabashi started liking her or why (especially since he first appeared to like Sumizome). MEH. I liked a few things about this but it was a disappointment overall, even for an only 10 episodes show.
SalxerOct 11, 2014 2:46 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

73 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:57 AM

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Aug 25, 2023

3 by memSaheb001 »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

79 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2014

80 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:36 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

90 by Ardivis »»
Jan 30, 2023 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.