Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2014 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
Marzan said:
I dont understand why so many manga readers whine, whine, whine, whine, whine and then whine some more about the animation. If you think the adaption is that dreadful just drop it already instead of coming here every single episode to criticize every little thing.

I'm reading the manga and yes, it's clear that it's superior to the anime, and that A1 could do a much, much better job. But they are either a) satisfied with the job they are doing, b) not capable of doing any better than this.

For my part, I think that Magi is such an awesome story, that even an inferior anime adaptation is a very enjoyable watch. This episode went by in what felt like 5 minutes.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mangafags pls go
Mar 22, 2014 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
I actually agree with the people that read the manga. This episode was bad.

Plus, Greenward what the hell insult is Mangafags, does that mean you're an Animefag?

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Mar 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
AlexGK said:
Arcos said:
Marzan said:
I dont understand why so many manga readers whine, whine, whine, whine, whine and then whine some more about the animation. If you think the adaption is that dreadful just drop it already instead of coming here every single episode to criticize every little thing.

This

Magi is the best anime i have seen in years, i don't see anything wrong with the animation (but i also dislike manga in general, so i don't care about the whine)

Never said that the anime is bad. I rant because the anime could have been much better, can you imagine that?

Can you imagine Magi with SnK's budget? Oh dear...
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 22, 2014 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Kouen was a badass, i must admit.
This part wasn't as awesome like the manga though.. must have expected it from A-1. :(
3.5/5
Mar 23, 2014 2:04 AM
Oct 2013
blob said:
I actually agree with the people that read the manga. This episode was bad.

Plus, Greenward what the hell insult is Mangafags, does that mean you're an Animefag?

Nope. Greenfag sounds better.

Fact: Manga>Anime. I actually liked the anime until I've read the manga.

And THIS -

AlexGK said:

Never said that the anime is bad. I rant because the anime could have been much better, can you imagine that?
ExplodingGirlMar 23, 2014 2:08 AM
Mar 24, 2014 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
Ah this is very nostalgic. Nearly a year since season 1 ended and I'm feeling a pattern going on here. Sudden announcement of 25 episodes towards the end, the last few episodes leaving me wishing it would be over already, and the magic and sense of adventure that came with the early part of the season being sapped away. I like Magi and all, but episodes like this are the reason why it goes from masterpiece potential to simply very good.

Gotta admit it was hilarious when Kouen was stomping on Alibaba-"chan" in the lava though.
Mar 24, 2014 4:51 AM

Feb 2013
"Alibaba-chan" that voice feel so nice....
Mar 31, 2014 4:57 AM

May 2010
Kouen is pretty damn cool! Man, now that was cool. Been a while, since I saw such an amazing action episode... No doubt, Magi has such high ratings.
Apr 1, 2014 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
That's one hell of a way to make a final run underwhelming.
Apr 3, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
Alibaba and kouen got great teamwork. Kouen is a beast.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 5, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
Good episode! Funny at some parts and I am really enjoying the fights. Although I do understand the manga readers and their complaints about the lack of intensity, I too felt that at some moments they could have portrayed them a bit better. Well this is what we are given so we can only accept it. But even so I found this episode to still be enjoyable! :)

Apr 11, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
AlexGK said:
The music was too quiet on some scenes, it was so weird. It really felt out of place, so sad for this episode. Bad work indeed, A-1.

Hakuei is missing her scar (while not djinn equipped) though. One thing the manga needs to adopt :P
GuiltyKing said:
At this point I'll be glad to see it end. A-1 just can't handle Magi and should go back to their Vividred mayonnaise.

Pretty much. Horrible directing that makes all this huge moments look lame.

We have a big end of the world monster descending upon us with a big group of jin equipped fighters and it feels like nothing.
The whole thing lacks intensity and passion and basically good presentation.
And no i haven't read this scenes in the manga but now am starting to regret it. Usually i prefer not to read so i can enjoy the anime more but now it's so bad that knowing the events just makes me worry it will ruin the excitement when i read the manga.
MonadApr 11, 2014 3:02 PM
Apr 22, 2014 3:12 PM

May 2012
Sweet extreme magic combination and in general a quite lovely action filled episode! Let's see what's next!
May 18, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
Wait what? Sindbad isn't featured even once in the OP? And I wondered why is he featured twice in the ED with two different Djinn Equips... I should have figured it's someone else

Necromia said:
stomping on Alibaba when he was laying flat on the lava lol.

KaiserNazrin said:
Few funny moments. I lol when Kouen stomp Alibaba on the lava.

Hyorins said:
Dat lava swirlie tho.

AnimeFan500 said:
Lol @ Kouen kicking Alibaba in the lava XDDD

Genix said:
So I found it quite amusing when he was finally dragged and stomped on the lava like that :p

RosyXkid said:
Kouen throwing Alibaba in the lava was funny.

Hayatempest said:
Also, while I don't remember it being in the manga, loved that scene when Kouen was kicking Alibaba in the lava.

Paul said:
The lava part was hilarious with Alibaba and Kouen.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Gotta admit it was hilarious when Kouen was stomping on Alibaba-"chan" in the lava though.

I am not so sure he was actually dipped in the lava (Alibaba's full Djinn Equip has flames on its back which may have confused you all)

mbdsquad said:
Noticed it too. The quick preview of Aladdin on episode 1 casting the 3 Giant Blaze was far more epic than the actual episode.

Yeah, I wondered is it only me or is it actually so

Raidol said:
Nice to see the entire Kou siblings working together (besides Hakuyruu)

Paul said:
Wondering if Hakuryuu will show.

Where is Hakuryu anyway?

mikadocs said:
We have all these amazing Djinn-equipped warriors but they often stand dead still midair,

True that. They looked like walking gentlemen and ladies most of the time

bastek66 said:
I wonder why blue nipples stopped being OK. Leraje had them last week,

DarkRyuusei said:
No Djinn female nipples? you disappoint me D:<

Paul said:
Looks like they decided to make the female dijinns nippleless.

Animation economy :D

sakura-hime89 said:
I have a question " Does Hakuei have two djinn equip?" I found two photos one of them first season and one of them second season.
Firs;
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108034120/magi/images/0/04/Hakuei_Equip.png
Second;
http://i.imgur.com/2YqCE5L.png

I think she just wasn't using full Djinn Equip in the first season

Iolo said:
Pretty disappointed that we haven't seen Morgiana in like 10 episodes, where the hell is she?

silmaril said:
Still no Morgiana, huh.

And she was the reason I even started to watch this series

summerwars said:
Magi was great until everyone could easily fly ...

Yeah... I wondered about that, too. I understand Hakuei, but the rest...

bastek66 said:
Besides, she's fucking dead.

What?

bastek66 said:
Kou is one characters that have a lot deathflags and she is pretty much useless to the story after Sindbad reveal her mindfuck publicly.

What is "deathflags"?

AlexGK said:
I dont expect any of the semi-major characters like Kou to die. My own opinion though, I have to agree the flags are there.

What flags?

Hayatempest said:
Mainly checked this episode for the voice work and the djinn equips. Yuichi Nakamura's Kouen and Miki Ito's Gyokuen were the stars of the episode and their stellar performance made up for the cheap animation.

Can't say Kouen's voice actor picked any of my attention, but Miki Itou does a really good job. Her speeches add to the epicness more than anything else

blob said:
Al-Thamen, after all of those years, finally summon the black squid to destroy the world and themselves (emo shit) and they're not even around to defend it...

You could say that again
SerhiykoMay 18, 2014 5:07 AM
May 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
Laughed so hard when Kouen was stomping on Alibaba on the lava XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, epic :D
Those extreme magics!

I hope they rescue Garda though :/
She's all alone at the bottom of the city
Jun 25, 2014 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
Alright, so the next two episodes should introduce Sinbad's and his crew, Morgiana and the wandering Magi, and Hakuryuu along with Judal again, right? Can't wait to see their faces *u*

Side note: PLEASE DON'T KILL OFF HAKURYUU!!! Haven't we seen enough of our beloved characters perish already?! TToTT
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jul 3, 2014 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome. +epic OST
And Hakuei's outfit so tasty :]
Jul 13, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
Greenward said:
Marzan said:

I'm reading the manga and yes, it's clear that it's superior to the anime, and that A1 could do a much, much better job. But they are either a) satisfied with the job they are doing, b) not capable of doing any better than this.

For my part, I think that Magi is such an awesome story, that even an inferior anime adaptation is a very enjoyable watch. This episode went by in what felt like 5 minutes.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mangafags pls go

shit I just had to reply
I came here to the forums to see discussion about the episode
not the whine about the difference of the anime compared to manga
fucking mangafags polluting every thread of the episodes of your whine
Jul 29, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2011
Holy shit Kouen is a fucking monster. Damn this guy is gonna do anything he can to find out the truth from Aladdin huh. And that combo attack at the end. Awesome. It was nice to see them have some lighthearted scenes included in this fight too haha.

Ugh so the excess magoi that was absorbed to create this sphere was from Titus =/.
ZeroZxJul 29, 2014 3:20 PM
Sep 1, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
most
boring
shit
ever...

shitty predictable zzz battle aside, did they run out of money or some shit?

wtf man..
Sep 7, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka Masaka

Can you stop with that shit already? It's always the same bullcrap.
Guy shows up with power, power beats enemy. Stronger enemy beats guys power. A new power emerges via combination or upgrade and everyone starts the MASAKA bullshit... :@
Oct 20, 2014 7:05 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly not a fan of these types of moments, where everything is just pure chaos and all of a sudden every character gets like a 1000x power boost while enemies that were once extremely strong become nothing more than paper . . . I mean if you think about it, what was the point of dark djinns if Kouen could easily kill 10,000 of them? Anyways, hopefully this isn't the end of the series, but just the end of the season, praying the manga continues for quite awhile.
Jan 6, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2014
SayaViking said:
I had a wide smile on my face when Kougyoku called him "Alibaba-chan".

C:
Kouen seemed way too overpowered o.o, poor Aladdin he won't give him peace^^.
Best teamwork Kouen and Alibaba haha, getting stomped on the volcano top.
Pretty good episode, could've been better though felt quite rushed.
Jan 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
After taking over a year long break from this series (having started watching every week it aired) and returned a couple episodes ago, all I can say is -
this anime is so cool ;)

Apr 21, 2015 5:22 AM
Jun 2013
They're all doing good but why is Aladdin not doing anything?!?!
Jul 10, 2015 1:48 AM

Jun 2015
I don´t have word to describe how i have enjoyed this episode....

I really really really really really really really really really really really really miss Morgiana T^T
Mar 23, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2014
The Infringed Flow of Life .
At World's End . The Ultimate Goal , Abnormality of the World .
The Abyss of History , Alma Toran .
Incarnation of Evil and Solomon's Will .
The Metal Vessel Users at it's best .
Source of Darkness , The Medium . Knowledge and Kings .
AWESOME EPISODE ~ !!! EXTREME MAGIC <3 !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Meh, I'm dissappointed with the directing of the episode. The content, the appearence of all the Ren siblings minus Hakuryuu to the battlefield to wreck that monster, Alibaba and Kouen revealing their extreme magic, that final boss battle feeling, the chaos present in the Magnostadt... everything should make me hyped, but the animation and art are so underwhelming that kills any enjoyement.
To makes things worse, the battles are really bad. Just static images attacking each others without any dynamism and derpy faces everywhere. Considering that previously we had minor battles like Sinbad vs Kougyoku and Aladdin vs Titus who had fluid movements and good animation, one wonders why the studio doesn't put any budget in this, who is supossed to be the climatic final battle.

On the bright side, I liked the small interactions between the Ren siblings with Alibaba and Aladdin, and Kouen's badassery and atitude were cool (too bad the effects were lesser due that animation). I will definetely read the manga after ending the anime, as as some user had mentioned, it looks that the battle is much better in paper.

Let's hope that at least the last two episodes will be decent.
Oct 18, 2016 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
LOL Kouen’s djinn’s reactions to seeing how he treats Aladdin XD I’m worried what he’ll do with the knowledge he gains from Aladdin though….will you really tell him everything Aladdin?

Love this episode for the fact that we can see all the djinn equips!!! The other siblings are confused as to how some of them know Alibaba and Aladdin XD Why is Hakuryuu not there though…?

Damn, Kouen is really powerful and resourceful! And his combo attack with Alibaba was cool!! Will these two be enemies or frenemies in the future?

The biggest lament I have for this episode is, why is Aladdin on the sideline doing nothing???? I mean, show us some of your powers as magi, Aladdin!! His staff is broken, but he still can use his magic right??
Mar 4, 2017 9:02 PM

Dec 2015
Where's Hakuryu btw? He hasn't shown up at all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 4, 2017 8:03 PM

Sep 2011
Alibaba dear!

Damn that was so cute. I ship I ship.
Dec 9, 2018 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Woah, so many djinn users in one place. Guess that's the whole power of the Kou Empire, suddenly they are not the bad guys anymore. Wonder if Aladdin will really tell him everything afterwards though.
Jul 25, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
kouen is starting to amuse me, how much of a history nerd he is 😆
Mar 3, 2020 4:54 AM
Jul 2019
Can we just talk about how great the VA for Hakuryu's mom is? It's so perfect for her character that I want myself to shove a gallon of bleach in her mouth and cut her skin one by one.
Mar 25, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2016
This always happens with these fantasy shows, the budget gets short --> epic fights lose their luster.... big o o f.
Nov 20, 2020 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
Kouen is an absolute monster.

Magnoschitat had no chance against either kingdom
Aug 30, 2021 7:37 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, such an intense episode!

Oct 5, 2021 1:32 PM
Aug 2017
Kouen is retarded he is only helping because he will gain knowledge in return but if he did not help then once the dark void destroyed Magnostadt it will come for the Kou Empire next. The dark void will destroy the world not just stop at Magnostadt that's why he's fucking retarded.
Mar 3, 2022 9:23 AM
Nov 2020
Where the hell is sinbad at a time like this
Jun 23, 2022 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
i feel the manga readers complains, the clashes could be much epic than this.
never the less it was still badass episode.

didn't thought that the volcano from the opening was part of the plot lol. i though it was exaggeration of the opening visuals lol.
May 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Nov 2020
The King is OP asf wtf

Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
That was way too easy. The animation and music wasn't really on point in this episode. Why are these Al Thamen dudes so suicidal exactly? I've never seen so many suicidal and motivated people dedicated to destroying the world.

That scene where Kouen dragged Alibaba away and kicked his face into the lava while that princess narrated over it was funny as hell. Kouen is a surprisingly likable and level headed character.

Why is Aladdin just watching the fight and not participating???
Read Toriko!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.