Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 14, 2014 6:57 PM

Mar 2009
uuuggg...all girls were present except that Asagi was not herself...really lame..what's the point?! her image is the only one there...

and oh my god yukina! again?? could someone punch the BS out of her? and that line...the author couldn't come up with new lines for her? Really possessive and a jealous type despite kojou not being his bf or something..and hell with that observer excuse of her...

my drive to continue watching this anime is disappearing because of my hatred for yukina..i'd figure it is really lame if she'd always have so much screen time.
Mar 14, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
The episode was okay. It's becoming something that I just watch because "hey, why not?" Took me a while to understand that the first person to kiss Kojou was his sister though.
Mar 14, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
LOl I see there's a lot of hate for "this is our fight"
but as a fan of Yukina I see no problem with it XD
The little Asagi (or Nina) was cute ^-^
pretty good episode no complaints here <3
[/quote]
Mar 14, 2014 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
Okay, just one question: Who the hell was that girl that kissed Kojou, then proceeded to disappear 2 seconds later?!

Lame line is lame. At this point, I'm just watching this show for the cute girls.

Mar 14, 2014 7:32 PM

Oct 2013
bloodiemonster said:

I don't hate Yukina though, just a few of her trademark quirks. Aesthetically she's a decent character, but for me it doesn't save her from the personality the creator has given her. To each their own though. Honestly the show itself isn't anything special, so me not liking her character has little impact regardless.

Dashiawia said:
Okay, just one question: Who the hell was that girl that kissed Kojou, then proceeded to disappear 2 seconds later?!

Lame line is lame. At this point, I'm just watching this show for the cute girls.

Kojou's sister possessed by the original 4th progenitor. How do people forget about his sister so easily?
7thVoidMar 14, 2014 8:02 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Mar 14, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
Um did they forget about ASAGI?!?! and the "This is our fight" is getting really cheesy. Starting another arc with 2 episodes left, maybe season 2?
Mar 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
7thVoid said:
bloodiemonster said:

I don't hate Yukina though, just a few of her trademark quirks. Aesthetically she's a decent character, but for me it doesn't save her from the personality the creator has given her. To each their own though. Honestly the show itself isn't anything special, so me not liking her character has little impact regardless.

Dashiawia said:

Kojou's sister possessed by the original 4th progenitor. How do people forget about his sister so easily?
Because she has 0,001% Screentime and lines.
PriestSlayerMar 14, 2014 8:38 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 14, 2014 8:54 PM

Nov 2013
As soon as he said "This is my fight!" I saw it coming: "No, Senpai. This is our fight."

Anyways I was expecting this arc to be the last one, I wonder how they're gonna do a two episode arc to finish.
Mar 14, 2014 8:57 PM

Oct 2013
@FlareStar101 It's just that if the main character has a sister you'd think people would remember her to some extent. Even though she has few lines, she's been in numerous episodes.

And for those who may ask, I only respond this way when I don't feel like quoting more than one post. I just find it easier that way.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Mar 14, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
"There was not enough blood to fully reconstruct my original ample-breasted figure" :3

Why does Nina look tanned?

Cool Sayaka and La Folia :D

"Kakakaka" LOL

Dat incest, well I'll forgive it since she was being possessed.

That stupid 'no senpai this is our fight' line again :/

Tiny Nina = Cute :3
Mar 14, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, I would love a Season 2 sometime.

On another note, I'm sick of the complaining about the main characters' (plural) "catch phrase". I cringe when I see people making posts just to complain about it!
Mar 14, 2014 9:29 PM
Jan 2014
Bluecupcakes said:
On another note, I'm sick of the complaining about the main characters' (plural) "catch phrase". I cringe when I see people making posts just to complain about it!

Same goes to you.
Mar 14, 2014 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
@7thVoid I see now, let's just hope she will be more relevant in the possible second season, since she is possessed by that vampire. On a side note,i just realized that was a incentual kiss. Feeling awkward right now @_@
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 14, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2010
ie senpai

Meanwhile Asagi is laying half naked in a burning shipyard.
antonnMar 14, 2014 10:47 PM
Mar 14, 2014 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
FlareStar101 said:
@7thVoid I see now, let's just hope she will be more relevant in the possible second season, since she is possessed by that vampire. On a side note,i just realized that was a incentual kiss. Feeling awkward right now @_@

You know now that I think about it, had either of them known what had happened that would've been quite awkward for them too. A second season would be nice. Maybe they'll adapt it better if they do indeed do so.

Mar 14, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2013
-Avrora possessing Nagisa.
-Nagisa looks so hot when Avrora is controlling her
-Incest kiss
-Weird looking enemy "Kho KHo Kho Kho." WTF?
-Kujou groping Sayaka's, Nina's power makes Asagi's boobs big.
-Kujou unlocks a new familiar, OP familiar kills the weird looking enemy.
-happy ending

tl;dr :-"From now on..This is my fight!
.. No, Senpai. This is our fight!"

I personally not only blame Yukina but Kujou too for this shitty repeated lines.

Well, at least the fanservice and OST are okay.
Only good thing in this episode, possessed Nagisa.
Mar 14, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2014
I Hate Yukina with a passion. She's one of the most annoying female leading characters. Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mar 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
One of the best episodes yet, dat kiss!! I was very happy to see that. I hope they don't act like nothing happened next episode or i'm gonna be pissed! La Folia finally appears, I wish her and Sayaka got more screen time, but i'm not complaining. Disappointed with the fight vs Wiseman, but hey, I don't watch this show for the fights anyway.

Ophis said:
Must be like the 6th time I've heard that now. Not sure what they can do in these last 2 episodes.

Either a filler wrapping things up with the other girls or quickly covering the arc in the 7th volume, "Night Lord of the Blazing Light". It's only three chapters so it's possible they might have wanted to pack it into two episodes.

And we really don't hear Yukina's line that much, it's not as repetitive as shall we say "Itadakimasu"', the line Toriko uses every time he even fights anything. I actually think her Schneewalzer line is pretty badass, if I do say so myself.

Just in case you wanted to hear it again:

"I Sword Shaman of the High God, as a priestess of the Lion, beseech thee. Dawn light of exorcism, spirit wolf of snowy mist, grant me the divine might of thy steel, that I may smite a hundred evil spirits!"
BlareyMar 15, 2014 12:41 AM
Mar 15, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
Yukina really needs to be careful with her knife or whatever she is holding.
Mar 15, 2014 2:09 AM

Dec 2013
5/5 not much to say, but lol that oppai grab halfway thru when Kojou was tripping was funny.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 15, 2014 3:29 AM
Mar 2014
I didn't understand a shit about Wiseman blood, Wiseman, who was Nina Adelard, Kou Amatsuka, that strange wall.
I am really slow and stupid, can anyone resume for me? D:
Mar 15, 2014 5:55 AM

Feb 2012
Damn you "this is our fight" Himeragi!!! Knew it was coming, hoped they'd avoid it. Guess not!!
And sheesh, stop using that "observing" bull crap as an excuse to be close with him! The other girls are trillion times better than her!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 15, 2014 6:42 AM
Mar 2014
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Errr, can someone tell me who was that that froze the ocean and initial unlock Akatsuki's new familiar?

It was Nagisa but she was being controled by the 12th familiar
Mar 15, 2014 6:47 AM
Mar 2014
What the fuck Asagi still don't know the true nature of Kojo and she semed to be dead in the end of the episod after nina get out.

Ahahahahahah that fake Asagi with Giant Boobs and after that like a pet.

I hope Asagi discovers him (kojo), and the IE identety is revealed and when is the 12th familiar leaves Nagisa body and goes to Kojou.

In the end was a great episod, looking foward to the next one and all the chapters have been created with 3 ep so this one probably will have 3 not 2.

Sorry for any English mistakes, but for me is normal since it's not my nature language.
Mar 15, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
Jeese its the line again "no senpai this is our fight" -.- i hope they Finnish this season with some emotion and drag out the arc :P
Mar 15, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Nagisa came into helping them. Hopefully they tackle why Nagisa has those powers too.

It was awesome to see all of those familiars summoned... and Sadalmelik Albus is a fine, hot familiar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 8:07 AM

Oct 2010
Lol, I think it's kind of unfair that Yukina is getting all the stick for the "No sempai, this is our fight" line, when Kojou also constantly uses the same line in "From now on, this is my fight". Why is one so much more annoying than the other? They always say it together so why shouldn't they both get stick?
Mar 15, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 2013
Kurogashi said:
'that' line again. UGH.
needed more sister action.

Same here. I was a little agitated hearing it like for the 3rd time? 4th?
Mar 15, 2014 8:21 AM

Sep 2007
Wait.....if that was really Nagisa possessed by Avrora or whatever....why the heck does NONE of the character's react to it?

I mean...ok....Kojou was stoned but the fact that Himeragi didn't have any sort of "who the heck are you?" reaction makes the whole thing strange.

(I mean....was there ever any indication in the show that the characters in the show know something possessed/is up with Nagisa? If yes....someone please re-point it out to me because I don't remember a big reveal at all..... if no then Himeragi's lack of a reaction makes no sense.)

That's really the biggest thing that bothered me this episode...
IkanoMar 15, 2014 8:26 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 15, 2014 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
So he awakened a new familiar, awesome. Who was that girl that appeared and froze the ocean was it his little sister?

Great episode!!!
Mar 15, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
Kojou sister will be the focus in the last 2 episodes then
Mar 15, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
Ikano said:
Wait.....if that was really Nagisa possessed by Avrora or whatever....why the heck does NONE of the character's react to it?

I mean...ok....Kojou was stoned but the fact that Himeragi didn't have any sort of "who the heck are you?" reaction makes the whole thing strange.

(I mean....was there ever any indication in the show that the characters in the show know something possessed/is up with Nagisa? If yes....someone please re-point it out to me because I don't remember a big reveal at all..... if no then Himeragi's lack of a reaction makes no sense.)
I'm not sure about that since I have no idea about the LNs but maybe that issue is attended in the latest novel, Volume 10 which recently came out.
Mar 15, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Yukina is cute but so damn annoying.

The way she pounded Kojou right after he arrived made me face palm. I mean God dam it, is complaining to Kojou the only thing she can do? and of course she has to spout that line again ugh..

Kanon said very few lines but she made more sense in 5 minutes than Yukina in 22 episodes.
Mar 15, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Madara31 said:
Lol, I think it's kind of unfair that Yukina is getting all the stick for the "No sempai, this is our fight" line, when Kojou also constantly uses the same line in "From now on, this is my fight". Why is one so much more annoying than the other? They always say it together so why shouldn't they both get stick?

Because he's the main that needs to actually show up for fights (one on one) rather than having yukina drag his ass around every time they're in a pinch. Not that I don't find him saying it annoying, just less so than yukina's line. It stands out in a annoying way, for me at least.
7thVoidMar 15, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 15, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
The anime just getting more and more stupid on each episode
its doesnt even make sense anymore :O
also this white liquid on the start of the episode i dont even
want to say what it looks like...............
why every episode get to have harem scene of
Kojou and Kirasaka and then Himeragi, why every arc
ending the same with Kojou drink blood on strange sexy way
from 1 of the girls get his power bak after dying then killing the bad guy.
personally i think this anime is 1 of the worst animes of this season.
Mar 15, 2014 6:40 PM

Dec 2011
Ikano said:

"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Mar 15, 2014 7:24 PM

Oct 2013
Nisx said:
The anime just getting more and more stupid on each episode
its doesnt even make sense anymore :O
also this white liquid on the start of the episode i dont even
want to say what it looks like...............
why every episode get to have harem scene of
Kojou and Kirasaka and then Himeragi, why every arc
ending the same with Kojou drink blood on strange sexy way
from 1 of the girls get his power bak after dying then killing the bad guy.
personally i think this anime is 1 of the worst animes of this season.

The whole premise of the show is that he needs to build a harem in order to gain and control his power. That's why Yukina was made a sacrifice for Kojou. The sexiness of the scenes is just fan service for those looking for it. Plus he's only died like two times, I believe? I do feel they could've done more plot wise, then again this is just my opinion. The Ost's are great and the character designs are nice as well. Two things that keep me watching for sure.

Mar 15, 2014 7:28 PM

Apr 2013
Its wierd how every female lead in most harems are my least favorite. I mean I have nothing against himeragi but I would have preferred the white hired princes, the blondie or the brunette as the heroine.
Mar 15, 2014 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Ok ep i guess...2 more eps!
Mar 15, 2014 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
1st time Kojou defeated an enemy by himself.
I enjoyed that progress.

As for Himeragi, she is younger than him and insecure how to express her affectation for him,
so pounds his chest with her fist, makes excuses for being near him, etc.

Is anyone here Japanses?
If so, can you tell me in Japanese culture, would it be accepted for him to date someone in a lower grade than him? Social standing and age is a big thing in Japan I see.

"I Sword Shaman of the High God, as a priestess of the Lion, beseech thee. Dawn light of exorcism, spirit wolf of snowy mist, grant me the divine might of thy steel, that I may smite a hundred evil spirits!"
:)
Mar 15, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2013
TrostDistrict said:
1st time Kojou defeated an enemy by himself.
I enjoyed that progress.

As for Himeragi, she is younger than him and insecure how to express her affectation for him,
so pounds his chest with her fist, makes excuses for being near him, etc.

Is anyone here Japanses?
If so, can you tell me in Japanese culture, would it be accepted for him to date someone in a lower grade than him? Social standing and age is a big thing in Japan I see.

"I Sword Shaman of the High God, as a priestess of the Lion, beseech thee. Dawn light of exorcism, spirit wolf of snowy mist, grant me the divine might of thy steel, that I may smite a hundred evil spirits!":)

I'm not, but I do know It's acceptable. Those thinking of being in a relationship though may worry about how their peers will view them.

Social standing is a big thing just about anywhere, so this is actually a common sight. To be specific, it's more about how someone looks rather than age. So long as they're no more than three years younger/older than you, age doesn't specifically matter. Even more so once legal. As in a eighteen year old hooking up with a guy who's almost thirty. If you already knew this though, then I apologize for over thinking your question.

Mar 15, 2014 10:26 PM
Nov 2011
Shaniyaz said:
Yukina pursues Amatsuka; who is in pursuit of Kanon..

Nina makes an Asagi clone for herself with modified breasts. XD
Natsuki-chan & La Foria helps Kojou to get to the ferry via prototype aircraft.

That was the real Sayaka? Wasn't Kojou suppose to get more hits? XD
Cat-senpai hands Yukina's weapon to Kojou. finally.. :)

Kanon got guts, trying to talk to Amatsuka in that situation!
Yukina saves Kanon; Koujo saves Yukina. That cruise missile was awesome though.

Battle begins. Nina finishes talking with Amatsuka.
Secondary battle begins against that unidentified skull (semi-wiseman); which turned into a huge monster..

Statue Kojou was cool.. Yukina laments about the indecent things Kojou did to her. XD
Yukina's "Yukina" 'familiar' awakens Kojou and he take Yukina's blood, once again. :p

Damn Kojou, summoning 4 familiars at once!
Yukina finishes off Amatsuka. I still didn't feel bad for him.

A new familiar is introduced; Sadalmelilk Albus, 11th familiar. Pretty badass!
Tiny Nina looked nice! :) Yukina being a little more clingy..

Next episode: "Akaatsuki's Kingdom I"

Mar 15, 2014 10:59 PM
Dec 2013
It was funny how they left Asagi on this episode! ^.^ She's constantly getting ignored by the characters and the author.

But many questions have been left unanswered in this episode. :/ Hopefully the next two episodes will answer them! :)

-Cheers
Mar 15, 2014 11:12 PM
Jan 2014
does anyone find Yukina alittle Yandere-ish when she said at the end about intensifying her observation of Kojou and not letting any women she doesn't know get close to him. It starting to sound like Yukina is going down the path of a Yandere.
As for Asagi I doubt they left her in the burning ship yard (although that would be funny), probably they teleported her somewhere or call some authority to pick her up.

As for next ep, from what I heard about the LN series next ep is going to be about

For those who feel the story is undeveloped, I think there trying to cover as much LN arcs as possible, which make the show feel like a lightning round.
Mar 16, 2014 2:50 AM

Aug 2012
If that girl that kissed him was really Nagisa, I hope they do explain in the last two episodes before the season ends. I don't know how anyone would have deduced that she was being possessed by Avrora without prior knowledge from the LN or w/e. The only background that about Nagisa that was explored so far was that she survived a demon attack before.

The ending of this arc was really disappointing. The premise up to here had been about how badass Wiseman was, and he makes his appearance and gets defeated in less than half an episode.
Mar 16, 2014 5:00 AM

Apr 2013
A rather weak episode for a chapter ending imo, i felt that they could have done better.

Loved the sayaka expressions heh heh heh.

"Yieeh senpai, this is our fight!"
urgh...
Mar 16, 2014 5:40 AM
Mar 2014
Ikano said:

Himeragi had already seen her in that state when she was kidnaped with asagi because of the machines that kills vampires i don't remember the name
Mar 16, 2014 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
so another familiar was awakened...not bad

Yukina and Akatsuki fighting together has really improved that much...

i do agree Yukina can be pretty annoying...especially that 'punchline'...

La Folia needs more screentime, La Folia FTW! <3

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 16, 2014 6:42 AM

Mar 2014
RodrigoL said:
Ikano said:

Himeragi had already seen her in that state when she was kidnaped with asagi because of the machines that kills vampires i don't remember the name

i remember when they're both get kidnaped by enemies, nagisa has been possessed by avrora...
and both have a little chat, i dont know if himeragi is rocognized her as nagisa but i'm sure she knows nagisa has been possessed...
oh yeah when talking about someone who knows about nagisa being possessed, koujo mom know it.
Mar 16, 2014 7:15 AM
Mar 2014
Ikano said:

The prison ep with natsuki and the strange weaponds with the Himeragi childhood friend
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.