Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice missile :O

Watching that alchemist getting his ass kicked was pretty fun. Yukina sure showed him. Yukina and Akatsuki's teamwork was flawless tbh. I'm guessing this was adapted from volume 6. I'm surprised they will cover another arc after this. What, is that another Yukina I saw in the PV?!
Mar 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
2 more episode to go !! :D

That's what I wonder myself too Stark :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 14, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
Doesn't look like we will see all 12 familiars this season. New familiar is okay, battle was pretty dull.
My Candies:
Mar 14, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
I hope ss2 will pv afer 2 ep left!
Mar 14, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
great episode as much as i love yukina i'm glad she didn't get in the way of kojou's fight.
apparently the new familiar is meant to fight a specific enemy

2 episodes left so that sounds like plans for a second season looking forward if the sales are high enough
Mar 14, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
So a Familiar that can reverse a things time, kinda op! Pretty decent episode, well except for "that" damn line. Must be like the 6th time I've heard that now. Not sure what they can do in these last 2 episodes.
Mar 14, 2014 12:09 PM
Nov 2012
Errr, can someone tell me who was that that froze the ocean and initial unlock Akatsuki's new familiar?
Mar 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
Ok episode but i truly hate Yukina. They always pick the worse female characters for the lead. We all know who should be the lead. She already stalks and jealous its damn annoying. Really wish La Folia or Sayaka was the main character and make Yukina get screen time like his sister or something.

I have no idea what htey going to do in the 2 remaining episodes. I figured they would drag this arc out. Anybody that read the novels or w/e are they rushing it because it sure seems like it.

Jyuu-niDesu said:
Errr, can someone tell me who was that that froze the ocean and initial unlock Akatsuki's new familiar?

I believe it was his sister and i think the soul in his sister use to be the 4th. Remember she beat the shit out Valter in a previous episode.
bonifideMar 14, 2014 12:16 PM
Mar 14, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
Jyuu-niDesu said:

It was Nagisa possessed by the 12th Familiar. That Siren/Mermaid monster that beat the crap out of Vatler.
Mar 14, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
'that' line again. UGH.
needed more sister action.
Mar 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
A talking skull that transformed into a monster and attacked the ship.
Kojou transformed in steel and a unknown girl kissed him to give him power.
Himeragi is moaning when she's bitten and the "No sempai this is our fight" phrase again.
That alchemist disappeard with a smile.
How confortable can be to sleep on ice? I mean is cold.
Mar 14, 2014 12:33 PM
Nov 2012
I think the preview for the next episode is the short story which they have in the novels which would make sense since they are only two more episodes left.
Miyamoto Mushashi
The greatest swordsman under the heavens.
Mar 14, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2010
Those fierce kisses!

Really, who Nagisa is?
Mar 14, 2014 1:27 PM
Jan 2014
Halp THE line is back..

Well apart from that a really nice episode im glad they gave La folia more screen time no matter how short and 2 more episodes to go was suprised i was sure they are going to drag out this arc and do some emotional moment to finnish up the season.
Mar 14, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
Man that "no this is our fight line" is reallyyyy starting to get annoying, was an alright episode the last fight was kind of dull though.
Mar 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
seems the next arc is gonna be short, hope they dont mess with yukina to much
Mar 14, 2014 1:37 PM
Nov 2011
Rinji- said:
Those fierce kisses!

Really, who Nagisa is?

Mar 14, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
Agreed with you!!
That's getting really annoying I hope they can stop with the same quoting.

NeoZeon said:
Man that "no this is our fight line" is reallyyyy starting to get annoying, was an alright episode the last fight was kind of dull though.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 14, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
NeoZeon said:
even though i saw that line coming it still made me cringe enough to pause get up and cringe all the way to my kitchen and back several times
Mar 14, 2014 1:57 PM
Jul 2013
I don't see the problem with the line, I think it's cute. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

So, they're animating the short story. Awesome.
Mar 14, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Plus all the comments about THE line of the show, I must say that I´m dissapointed with this ep., specially with the "evil guy" twist.

I really liked Amatsuka kou as a villain. Good looking, some nice lines, cool powers, op alchemy...And the twist of his origin, being a homunculus instead of a half-human, could have been very well played, plus the fact that he was a toy on hands of the Wiseman...But, suddenly, we have a terrible designed boss out of nothing, and Kou is killed in less time that Bane on TDKN when the twist on the film is made...And that´s not something i liked too much.

We have seen other characters surviving the archs and being secondary, like Kanon's father so, why Amatsuka couldn't keep on the show, trying to adapt to a human world being other thing?...No, we need to put more girls on the Harem -.-

I just hope the last 2 ep. are interesting, but it looks like will be Himeragi trying to confess to Kojou...
Mar 14, 2014 2:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yukina pursues Amatsuka; who is in pursuit of Kanon..

Nina makes an Asagi clone for herself with modified breasts. XD
Natsuki-chan & La Foria helps Kojou to get to the ferry via prototype aircraft.

That was the real Sayaka? Wasn't Kojou suppose to get more hits? XD
Cat-senpai hands Yukina's weapon to Kojou. finally.. :)

Kanon got guts, trying to talk to Amatsuka in that situation!
Yukina saves Kanon; Koujo saves Yukina. That cruise missile was awesome though.

Battle begins. Nina finishes talking with Amatsuka.
Secondary battle begins against that unidentified skull (semi-wiseman); which turned into a huge monster..

Statue Kojou was cool.. Yukina laments about the indecent things Kojou did to her. XD
Yukina's "Yukina" 'familiar' awakens Kojou and he take Yukina's blood, once again. :p

Damn Kojou, summoning 4 familiars at once!
Yukina finishes off Amatsuka. I still didn't feel bad for him.

A new familiar is introduced; Sadalmelilk Albus, 11th familiar. Pretty badass!
Tiny Nina looked nice! :) Yukina being a little more clingy..

Next episode: "Akaatsuki's Kingdom I"

Mar 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
I have two questions I have trouble with in this episode: One, is what happen to the real Asagi after they were transported to the airship: Two, what was the Wiseman's motivation? I only know Amatsuka wants to resurrect Wiseman, but it was just a trick but I don't get Wiseman's action.

Episode felt rushed and the battle was short-lived again. Yeah I mostly agree all the comments that Yukina is really annoying. Well we are two episodes left, I wonder how the ending will play it off for the last arc.

Mar 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Amakusa seems more human than Yukina to me. Huh. Go figure.
Mar 14, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
from now on this is my fight
no senpai, this is our fight@.@
they should make an episode about akatsuki and yukina discussing a new catchphrase.
Mar 14, 2014 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Wow two episodes left, that totally = time for new arc
Mar 14, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
Oh God, so many cheesy lines in one episode. It's hard to take such accumulation of cliches and BS. Sure, the whole show is full of it but this episode was especially bad for some reason. Not to mention disappointing.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 14, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was anticlimatic
Mar 14, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
Im getting so sick and tired of the same cheesy line 'its not only your fight senpai' -_- like seriously
Mar 14, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.2 more to go :)
Mar 14, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2012
"No senpai,this is our fight." Cringeworthy.Why can't Himeragi just stfu.

Mar 14, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
God damn it Wiseman.
Mar 14, 2014 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
Personally, I don't have a problem with a series having its own line. That being said, "No, senpai, this is our fight" is a fairly ill-conceived one. The problem is that it's so forced. There's not a good place where it gets used without sounding awfully cliche.

But anyway, this arc has been a disappointment in and of itself. For the past couple of arcs we seem to be seeing important stuff happening, but this arc just feels like it wasn't really all that plot-significant. I mean, we know that a new familiar is out, and we're kind of starting to understand that there's a deeper purpose to Kojou's powers -- it seems like the Wiseman said something about this kind of power being used to deal with something. But still, the story felt flat and the main villain of the arc felt very run of the mill, presumably because many parts of the story were cut out. Well, 2 more episodes. I hope this series doesn't disappoint on closing.
Mar 14, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2013
"That" line is getting on my nerves --' Just say it already Himeragi, u want the D. Overall a good episode,with all those familiars at the same time, but the anime is getting way to predictable. P.S : WTF is wrong with that monster's Laughter, i just can't take it seriously.
PriestSlayerMar 14, 2014 5:20 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 14, 2014 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Yukina and Kojou kissing scene was cute.
Mar 14, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
La Folia's back!!!!! Damn, it was a hologram.

"iie senpai..." (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That was a dull fight though. OP familiar is OP. Reverse time? Heck...

I wonder what can they do with 2 episodes left. Hoping for a second season.

What the fuck happened to Asagi? XD
Mar 14, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
kissing saves the day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Andyis said:
from now on this is my fight
no senpai, this is our fight@.@
they should make an episode about akatsuki and yukina discussing a new catchphrase.

This. is. so. true.
I like being the girl loving the pairing everyone dislikes. Just. Yukina is such an awesome character (if you slap her with her "observation" obstination - cuz really you are in love gurl -). And tbh I think they perfectly made understand Yukina and Koojou's relationship was kinda different. It's more real, episode after episode.
- I love how they depend on each other btw -
Mar 14, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2014
La Folia is back! (It was only hologram).

kojou's 11 familiar is badass.

Looks like the last two episode will be a side story.
Mar 14, 2014 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
Random girl kisses him out of nowhere and then disappears in 2 seconds
NO SENPAI this is our fight- annoying as hell
Akatsuki makes a cool entrance to the rescue(ruined by Yukina)
Weisman(worst villain so far, finished off in 5min)

Couldn't Akatsuki win with the twin dragon familiar and have it sent to a different dimension or something?
Mar 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
this is our fight line yet again huh. annoying.
dat missile.
boring fight.

Dreyar said:
Rinji- said:
Those fierce kisses!

Really, who Nagisa is?

Oh wow.
Mar 14, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
That was it? Really? The alchemist dude was really interesting to watch and his backstory and conflict is just glossed over in the span of an episode. Disappointed and the fight was pretty dumb and just overused. No wonder I am losing interest. And what's with Himeragi's last line and the preview contradicting? Wtf
Mar 14, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
UNATURAL said:
NeoZeon said:
even though i saw that line coming it still made me cringe enough to pause get up and cringe all the way to my kitchen and back several times

THIS. *start rant*

I had to pause the video, facepalm a couple of times and take a deep breath before un-pausing it. As if Yukina isn't already the least interesting girl in the series (imo), they just had to make her say that damn line every single fight. Just when you're like "ooh now comes the fight!" she just had to say it ugh. I wonder if the script writer and director also cringed when they did this episode. *end rant*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 14, 2014 6:06 PM
Oct 2008
Only 2 episodes left... thank god
Mar 14, 2014 6:15 PM
Jan 2014
I wish this show would end already since I want to finish what I started. Anti-climactic fights, annoying "This is our fight" line repeated every fucking arc. And the worst thing is the main girl just get more and more annoying every fucking episode.

Everniss said:
And tbh I think they perfectly made understand Yukina and Koojou's relationship was kinda different. It's more real, episode after episode.

Wow, seriously? Tell me the reason she loves Kojou then. You say it's different, how? Oh right, because it's fucking impossible in real life.
Mar 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
Episode just fell flat imo. They could have spent a bit more time with Kou for the last 2 episodes with him dealing with the fact he isn't human.
Mar 14, 2014 6:28 PM
Jan 2014
Edon613 said:
I don't see the problem with the line, I think it's cute. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Ah, how I love you fanboys' "If you watch something, you can't complain about anything in it" logic.
skechorMar 14, 2014 6:48 PM
Mar 14, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2013
Sadly this was a weak episode. Asagi is out cold and everyone just up and left. If they didn't place her somewhere safe she's fucked when she wakes up. I wont explain the other reason why I didn't like this episode.

They also did a poor job on Kou's character. It's sad how such a interesting personality is going to waste.

Everniss said:

I like being the girl loving the pairing everyone dislikes. Just. Yukina is such an awesome character (if you slap her with her "observation" obstination - cuz really you are in love gurl -). And tbh I think they perfectly made understand Yukina and Koojou's relationship was kinda different. It's more real, episode after episode.
- I love how they depend on each other btw -

The only reason she seems like a good fit is because She's the only main female lead who's been given screen time. Had anyone else been allowed the same time with Kojou we'd have a different romance on our hands.
7thVoidMar 14, 2014 6:56 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Mar 14, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
Edon613 said:
I know right? I stopped acknowledging Yukina's existence 10 episodes ago and the show became so much better! There's also no irrational hate anymore!
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 14, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
Ughhhh i was hoping that line wouldn't show up again i knew it was coming but god damnit Yukina!..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.