Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez Keiko should calm down a little :o

Oh God Inari, her power is getting out of control. I'm glad Uka came to help her though or some real shit would of went down. I think Inari needs to take more responsibility now for what happened. Poor Uka ;.;
Mar 12, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
The lover letter "incident" got known to the two, and her friends told everyone to ignore her and her group. The female god saved the main girl, who got dark feeling that causing the earthquake using her power (brother and the god who serves her noticed, too), so she's getting disappeared. That girl forgave the main girl. The truth of the power is now known to the main girl.

Nice special ED. "Dare Yori mo Taisetsu na Hito e (誰よりも大切な人へ)" by the female god, included in OST.

Final ep. next week.
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2014 10:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2013
Inari losing control of her power. Good thing for Uka to be with her just in time. Although now she is starting to fade away. Man only one more episode left.
Mar 12, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
I think it's pretty stupid that she tells the girls to ignore Inari, and they just do it, even though they don't necessarily want to. No minds of their own.
Mar 12, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
So many feels this episode, poor Uka
Mar 12, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
Best episode of the week thus far. Inari just moved up to a 9. I can't wait to see the finale.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 12, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Wow.. What an episode... Cant wait to see what happens next episode...
Mar 12, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
That's what happens when you give godly powers to an immature brat...
Mar 12, 2014 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
Ah, Uka-sama! I really hope they save her, however it is they manage to do it. I originally thought Inari would just overtake the "only gods can open the cave" rule by using the divine powers to break in, but now that'll just kill Uka I don't know what they'll do.

The Tanbabashi/Inari and Sumizome/Keiko scenes this ep were really cute, though.

Madara31 said:
I think it's pretty stupid that she tells the girls to ignore Inari, and they just do it, even though they don't necessarily want to. No minds of their own.

They were probably scared of being picked on/ignored themselves and just wanted to stay out of it. If they hadn't needed garbage bags and a bobble, they wouldn't have even talked to the other girls anyway.
Mar 12, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Whoa, that scene was absolutely beautiful when the foxes started making noises, the spirits lit up the path and that song started playing...really felt the emotion in that!
Mar 12, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, Inari scared me there. Glad Uka-sama came to the rescue.

And I admit, I teared up in that last scene, with Inari running up the stairs and that song playing in the background.

Only 1 ep left =(
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 12, 2014 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Good thing Uka stopped Inari before she lost controlled of herself.
Mar 12, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2012
Damn good , when she said " i hate them" i had goosebumps , that was scary . Only 1 episode left , that series is quite good i must say .
Mar 12, 2014 5:31 PM

Dec 2008
Yes, Inari, please give Mistress Uka her powers back before you fuck up something else and create a black hole.

Little Kon was so pitiful...

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
JimJamJamieJoo said:
Whoa, that scene was absolutely beautiful when the foxes started making noises, the spirits lit up the path and that song started playing...really felt the emotion in that!

yes, i liked that part too. Kon made a funny but cute sound. ^^ and itsbeen a while i saw a such a good dark atmosphere like that time Inari tured angry. O_o well made.

only on ep left. i am a little bit depressed right now because it is over so quick. a 26-ep-show would have been great. T_T

a IKK × gingitsune show or movie would be awesome but i think that never will happen. T_T
Mar 12, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that last scene was so beautiful I teared up a little.

Perfect set up for what should be an emotional final episode.

If ep 10 lives up to my expectations this series is going from low 8 ---> solid 9.
Mar 12, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
Err... so that girl's name is read as Kangetsu
*not familiar with Kyoto train station names*

Anyone else thinking Sumizome - Sanjou & Momoyama - Kangetsu design looks similar ?
Perhaps even more so in the manga version without hair colour difference.
Mar 12, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2012
Inari is losing it with those divine powers, last scene was good though
Mar 12, 2014 7:32 PM

May 2013
Keiko has more balls than Touka and Tanbabashi together, they should have made her the main character already. Oh, there's only an episode left, oh no.

Other than bitching about Inari supposedly not giving the letter to him, they should have encouraged the girl to hand it herself rather than blaming other people for their own cowardice. Good thing Momoyama is good and wasn't the one who started it. Though, the only person I felt sorry for was Maru, she got much better and didn't deserve to be involved in the bullying. Sumi was helpful too.

And again, Inari not having common sense, why the hell didn't she just say that she had lost the letter/it flew because of the wind if she didn't do it voluntarily because of her powers? "I threw it away" surely will make others think wonderful things about her.
Mar 12, 2014 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
I was a bit disappointed when they altered a lot of scenes like Inari going super saiyan on Kangetsu's group and the Uka-Inari reunion was changed (the manga version had me in tears) but that final sequence more than makes up for it.

When Kon was doing the uh... mini howl for 5 seconds, I thought it was getting annoying. Then the other two joined and it echoed through the mountains, I felt my mouth drop open a bit. The shrine climb was amazing.

1 episode left. I really hope it'll be handled well ;_;
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 12, 2014 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
Inari is pretty dumb...

Slightly related: I can't even count how many times I've seen female characters trip while running this season. Can't tell if this is ridiculous or actually a bit of an anime trope I haven't been exposed to yet.

TWICE IN THIS EPISODE LOL
-Trippwire-Mar 12, 2014 8:31 PM
Mar 12, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
Geez Keiko should calm down a little :o

But Keiko and Sumizome really make a fantastic "Good cop/Bad cop" tag team! (Though, at the end of the confrontation, it looked like the other girls considered Sumizome to be the "Bad Cop". Scary pretty girls are scary!)

Madara31 said:

What part of middle school did you not understand? LOL!

xchee said:
I was a bit disappointed when they altered a lot of scenes like Inari going super saiyan on Kangetsu's group and the Uka-Inari reunion was changed (the manga version had me in tears) but that final sequence more than makes up for it.

When Kon was doing the uh... mini howl for 5 seconds, I thought it was getting annoying. Then the other two joined and it echoed through the mountains, I felt my mouth drop open a bit. The shrine climb was amazing.

1 episode left. I really hope it'll be handled well ;_;

I agree! They skipped a ton in this adaptation, but they hit the high points and got to a point that is further into the manga than I thought they could do in 10 episodes. I expect the final episode will leave us with the potential of a sequel, since there is a ton of manga left after this arc.

All in all, this was a radiant episode. The special ending theme was sublime, and the art was fantastic as usual. I really love this anime. This season has some of the best shows! Wonderful season!
zensunniMar 12, 2014 9:14 PM
Mar 12, 2014 10:00 PM
Aug 2011
Of course her changing willy nilly like that had to come and bite her in the ass one of these times.
All these lapses of middle school stupidities are kind of annoying but don't dislike this series.

Sanjou's really awesome. She'll get right upt in your face without hesitation.

Trippwire01 said:

Slightly related: I can't even count how many times I've seen female characters trip while running this season. Can't tell if this is ridiculous or actually a bit of an anime trope I haven't been exposed to yet.

It's a pathetic trope that needs to die painfully. I want to flip my desk everytime I see it.
It's rage inducing how anime thinks that being female means you have to trip everytime you run.

standMar 12, 2014 10:05 PM
Mar 13, 2014 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
the feels you get in this ep...ugghhhh

Inari, you should know that 'with great power comes great responsibilities.' but no, you just have to learn it the hard way...

i feel really bad for Uka-sama in this anime, but that just shows how much she loves Inari...

and i wanna take Kon as a pet... :D

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 13, 2014 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
It looks like this anime will end with no romance... FUCK!
Mar 13, 2014 1:24 AM
Mar 2012
Such depressing music in the end. Let's see how the series wraps up in the final episode next week.
Mar 13, 2014 2:51 AM
Sep 2013
bigzzcobzz said:
It looks like this anime will end with no romance... FUCK!

I look at your avatar and think 'another one bites the dust...'
Romance tags should be removed!

And will Touka still be able to see Uka when Inari gives her powers back? He's been able to see Uka for a long time before Inari could, so I guess he could... So then why would Inari be unable to see Uka? She's already seen her before she even got her powers. I'm so confused!

Anyway best part of the episode was when Kon was crying and howling, damn that was tingly. Glad the whole middle school drama was resolved. Boy, when the episode started with that girl finding out that Inari technically didn't give Tanbabashi the letter, I was thinking how this situation would ever get UNFUCKED.
Mar 13, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode. The OST in this episode was really good, it matched well with the scenes, and with the emotion that they wanted to pass.
Just one more episode left, I'll miss this anime.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 13, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2007
Mizusi said:

And again, Inari not having common sense, why the hell didn't she just say that she had lost the letter/it flew because of the wind if she didn't do it voluntarily because of her powers? "I threw it away" surely will make others think wonderful things about her.

It's true she didn't do it voluntarily, but she did do it subconsciously due to her own inner selfishness. I think that the fact that she would step up, own up to it, and then properly apologize shows immense maturity and makes me respect her character much more than if she had taken the easy way out.

I'm incredibly shocked at how much I'm enjoying this anime and im pretty bummed that there's only one episode to go ಠ╭╮ಠ. Never expected to become so attached to these characters but damn this series has been one hell of a feels train. Both looking forward to and dreading next week.
Mar 13, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2010
That conflict resolved nicely. The ending song was great. Finale next, and I don't want it to end... It was one of my favs. this season, but sure, it went slightlyyyy downhill near the end but nothing too big.
Mar 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
parfaited said:

Trippwire01 said:

It's a pathetic trope that needs to die painfully. I want to flip my desk everytime I see it.
It's rage inducing how anime thinks that being female means you have to trip everytime you run.

I don't know why people feel the need to add this. It happens in horror movies a lot too, although they usually have the excuse of running in the woods in those films.

I have not fallen down in the past 10 years of my life but every time something dramatic happens to these kids, their faces meet the floor. I couldn't even pay attention to the scene because I was too confused as to why they felt the need to have her fall down.
Mar 13, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm... the anime strayed from the Manga... i liked the Manga version much more... *Sigh*

Oh well, but Kon was super Cute so it all works out :D

Mar 13, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2011
Tears are flowing!!!! I was hoping for Touka to save Uka!!!
Mar 13, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2013
Trippwire01 said:
Inari is pretty dumb...

It happens ALL THE TIME in anime and it's so annoying. At this point it's more incredulous if you see a female running and she doesn't trip. Sometimes males trip while running too, idk if clumsiness is supposed to be endearing and maybe it even would be if everyone wasn't apparently a klutz.

I haven't read the manga but something that's been bugging me since the first ep is what will happen when Inari gives back the divine power. Isn't she going to turn back into Sumizome since Uka granted Inari's wish to be her and then told her she couldn't grant a second wish to change back into herself?
Mar 13, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2010
Ehhh I'm not a big fan of the drama in this anime. It's over the top and doesn't fit the slice of life/laid back light hearted episode it has most of the time. Sure a little is needed to keep things interested but it's just a tad dragged out and too much...

Nice to see Tanbabashi and Inari togehter even if it was for a short time, they'd make a pretty cute couple if only they ever got together.

I wonder how they'll solve the whole divine power thing, if Inari gives it back she'll lose her ability to see Uka but otherwise Uka will disappear... I guess she'll offer to give it back/give it back and touched by this Amaterasu will give her the ability to see Uka once more or something like that?
Mar 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
There are some parts I blamed Inari for using her divine powers unintentionally and gave Uka the penalty of fading away. Also the drama was a meh, I would rather have a
atmosphere in here...

Although, at least they wrap up the letter they have and being friendly at the end. I hope the ending will be great.

Mar 14, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
I hope Uka will be fine ;_;
Mar 14, 2014 5:49 AM

Oct 2009
Yes the drama between the girls was rather weak..I didn't really feel anything when Inari lost control and Uka came to save her, rather badly done..
I was hoping Touka would save Uka >.<!
Oh and Kon was so cute when she(he?) crying :3

Awww next week finale :(
Mar 14, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2010
Please Inari, give the divine power back and gtfo.
Mar 14, 2014 12:16 PM
Feb 2013
As Peter Parker's grad-dad used to say "Great Powers Comes with Great Responsibility" and it's pretty obvious with Inari.
Mar 14, 2014 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, to think that an earthquake happened because the red-haired girl asked for the love letter xD
I think that represent perfectly the butterfly effect...

Amaterasu is ready to suppress a god only because she had links with humans? That's cold.

Sumizome seem to be closer to Keiko now :)

Did I read wrong or Inari is going out Kouji? Yeah, it was probably a mistranslation, they didn't seem that close.

Now Inari must save Uka. I laughed so much in a bad way when Touka said ''It's all your fault''. Damn bro, you could have said it a tad softer xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 14, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
ghosts said:
Trippwire01 said:
Inari is pretty dumb...

It happens ALL THE TIME in anime and it's so annoying. At this point it's more incredulous if you see a female running and she doesn't trip. Sometimes males trip while running too, idk if clumsiness is supposed to be endearing and maybe it even would be if everyone wasn't apparently a klutz.

I suppose it's always been there, but for some reason I really started noticing it recently. I'm pretty forgiving if they actually show the character tripping over an object, but it half the time they trip over nothing. NOTHING.
Mar 15, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2014
poor uka-sama.. so the next episode is the final episode?? TAT
"Even if it's only one person go out and find someone unique"

Anime ListManga List
Feel free to recommend me some anime! Thank you! (o⌒.⌒o)

Mar 16, 2014 3:02 AM

Jul 2013
Woah, dat episode.
Inari causing an earthquake :o
It's a good thing Momoyama is so nice
Just 1 episode left.. hope it's a great episode.
Mar 16, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Even with little conviction at key moments, the plot has been able to do a story accessible, more compelling narrative; kidnapped me at certain times.
Drawings not bad and great scenery.
Although a short series, has not disappointed so much.
Mar 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
D:
Mar 16, 2014 4:27 PM
Mar 2014
Oh my god. I had so many feels during this episode, especially when Mistress Uka sent her spirit out to help Inari. I loved it so much.
Mar 16, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2013
Trippwire01 said:
ghosts said:
Trippwire01 said:
Inari is pretty dumb...

I suppose it's always been there, but for some reason I really started noticing it recently. I'm pretty forgiving if they actually show the character tripping over an object, but it half the time they trip over nothing. NOTHING.

I think they wanted to rough her up and make it look like she's gone through some tough battle. I think it's stupid >.>
Mar 19, 2014 1:37 AM
Sep 2013
RazorRamona200 said:
As Peter Parker's grad-dad used to say "Great Powers Comes with Great Responsibility" and it's pretty obvious with Inari.

Damnit Uncle Ben,

Mar 20, 2014 10:54 AM

Jan 2013
I wanted a blood bath.
Oh well, this is alright, but im not emotionally attached
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

188 by jsooka »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:05 PM

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Aug 25, 2023

3 by memSaheb001 »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

79 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2014

80 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:36 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

90 by Ardivis »»
Jan 30, 2023 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.