Forum Settings
Forums
Yotsuba&!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2009 7:52 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
YES! New Yotusbato xD

Awesome chapter, ha ha imitating morning faces was great. as was Yotsucopter and his attempt to spin the older sister. But the ending panel took the cake. "Is he an alien?" xD
Aug 28, 2009 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
Ahh, how I missed this. Does anyone know how veers releases its manga? As far as I know, 4chan.biz is the only place they release stuff too, yet this chapter mysteriously appeared on mangafox.com, credited under veers, while it still hasn't shown up on 4chan.biz.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Aug 28, 2009 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
FINALLY!

Asagi is win xD

Aug 28, 2009 9:02 PM
May 2008
I'm surprised Asagi's so familiar with Koiwai. o3o

And another chapter with Torako is win.
Aug 28, 2009 11:21 PM

Jul 2008
Yet, finally a new chapter ! :-----D

But imo this was pretty decent ... There were couple of good jokes in it but nothing special :3

Aug 29, 2009 11:09 AM

Jul 2008
Sonja said:
Yet, finally a new chapter ! :-----D

But imo this was pretty decent ... There were couple of good jokes in it but nothing special :3

True. But at least we got a new chapter. YAY!
Aug 30, 2009 2:24 AM
Feb 2009
Nothing's really changed in the looooong break. It's just as good. No worse, no better. Waiting just makes it more appreciable.
Aug 30, 2009 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
omotenium said:
Nothing's really changed in the looooong break. It's just as good. No worse, no better. Waiting just makes it more appreciable.

True ^^

Yotsuba when they tried to wake her was cute ... XD
Sep 1, 2009 5:13 AM
May 2008
HouKi_bOshI said:
omotenium said:

True ^^

Just glad it didn't get worse but I noticed something else with this chapter as I re-read it, because the first time I did, the excitement of a new release kind of pushed it aside.

Because it feels like Azuma's branching out with the characters more, as in Ena's somewhat rare spout of immaturity at being left behind (as she's quite mature for her age in most other situations) and Asagi's more playful side in allowing Koiwai to try and 'helicopter' her (seeing as how she's much more reluctant to get involved in the cast's antics otherwise, and opting for the cool-on-the-sidelines type of character).

Whether it's because of the break or because I'm just overshooting my own musings again, I feel that the characters are developing, albeit slowly but for the better nonetheless. Could just be me though.
Sep 1, 2009 7:46 AM

Mar 2009
Phanima said:
Just glad it didn't get worse but I noticed something else with this chapter as I re-read it, because the first time I did, the excitement of a new release kind of pushed it aside.

Because it feels like Azuma's branching out with the characters more, as in Ena's somewhat rare spout of immaturity at being left behind (as she's quite mature for her age in most other situations) and Asagi's more playful side in allowing Koiwai to try and 'helicopter' her (seeing as how she's much more reluctant to get involved in the cast's antics otherwise, and opting for the cool-on-the-sidelines type of character).

Whether it's because of the break or because I'm just overshooting my own musings again, I feel that the characters are developing, albeit slowly but for the better nonetheless. Could just be me though.

I noticed this too, but more a while back. I don't remember the chapter, but Yotsuba wanted to go somewhere, and when Koiwai told her they couldn't that day, she broke into a real tantrum. That was the first time she actually had a full-on brat moment. It was interesting to see that for once, since most of the time she's just weird and funny. The way Koiwai dealt with her, too-we hear him mention from time to time that Yotsuba is a handful, but we don't see her do much that's genuinely annoying. It said a lot about how great he is with her that at that time, he sat back, and thought of something else they could do another time until she got over herself.

This chapter was indeed interesting, too. I agree about Ena acting a little immature for once. Torako was also nice-usually her character would be stereotypically punk-ish, but she's really just very complacent. She doesn't ever get too enthusiastic, but is a friend in her own way.

Hope Azuma keeps expanding on the characters like this.
Sep 2, 2009 2:34 AM
Aug 2008
And we're off to see the balloons!

Awww, sleepy Yotsuba.

A surprise, indeed...

"Mom" isn't quite awake, I don't think.

Asagi reminded me of Miu when she saw the kid playing, somehow.

DIRECTION!

Hot-air ballooning sure has a lot of fans.

HELIPOCTER!

An Ena-copter would be easier, but not as funny to watch them attempt. :D

Man, that makes her look huge! Something about the perspective...

Burralumin!

Uh oh, there's no sheep to block her tumbling this time...

Anybody else hear Also Sprach Zarathusra?

I also noticed that this is the first time we really see Asagi tease Ena directly. I think. She's usually messing with her mom or dad or Yotsuba.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Sep 5, 2009 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
Finally a new chapter. Read it last night after a long day at work, always cheers you up.

And yeah, a few good jokes but nothing really monumental. The waking up was amusing, as was Asagi teasing Ena.

And of course the Asagi copter, and Yotsuba just being herself, running up the hill, the zebra grass, the aliens comment and all that.

Another thing I really love about this manga is the scenery. Azuma has this way of drawing scenes in a really idyllic looking way, like you just want to be there with them.

I missed Fuuka though. ;_;

Now hopefully there won't be as long a break between the next chapter as last time...
Sep 5, 2009 1:38 AM
May 2008
senerikfred said:
Phanima said:

I noticed this too, but more a while back. I don't remember the chapter, but Yotsuba wanted to go somewhere, and when Koiwai told her they couldn't that day, she broke into a real tantrum. That was the first time she actually had a full-on brat moment. It was interesting to see that for once, since most of the time she's just weird and funny. The way Koiwai dealt with her, too-we hear him mention from time to time that Yotsuba is a handful, but we don't see her do much that's genuinely annoying. It said a lot about how great he is with her that at that time, he sat back, and thought of something else they could do another time until she got over herself.

This chapter was indeed interesting, too. I agree about Ena acting a little immature for once. Torako was also nice-usually her character would be stereotypically punk-ish, but she's really just very complacent. She doesn't ever get too enthusiastic, but is a friend in her own way.

Hope Azuma keeps expanding on the characters like this.

I wholeheartedly agree and was somewhat indifferent to Yotsuba's previous tantrums, merely chalking them up to her being 5-years-old. As for Torako, she always comes off as indifferent to me, albeit a little putt out from time to time, but I guess she did turn up the friendliness this chapter, which I can always appreciate. Shows that she's trying, which is in turn, cute.

Mithrandir said:
Finally a new chapter. Read it last night after a long day at work, always cheers you up.

And yeah, a few good jokes but nothing really monumental. The waking up was amusing, as was Asagi teasing Ena.

And of course the Asagi copter, and Yotsuba just being herself, running up the hill, the zebra grass, the aliens comment and all that.

Another thing I really love about this manga is the scenery. Azuma has this way of drawing scenes in a really idyllic looking way, like you just want to be there with them.

I missed Fuuka though. ;_;

Now hopefully there won't be as long a break between the next chapter as last time...

I feel the same way. It's the perfect pick-me-up after a long day.

I think I also heard that Azuma originally intended for the webcomic of Try! Try! Try! to have little to no detailed backgrounds, but decided to add them in for Yotsuba&!, which I can only say was good decision.

...has a bad feeling the next chapter will be yet another long while.
Sep 6, 2009 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
I love the panel where Yotsuba suddenly awakes. =)
"Even I can't go past it?" LOL
Helicopter is an epic win. =)))

They should make anime out of this manga!
If I could fly...
Sep 21, 2009 4:19 PM
Jun 2008
This chapter was pretty funny!
Jun 7, 2013 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Great art this chapter.
Dec 1, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
While this chapter isn't as funny as other, it did an amazing job a capturing wonder. I still remember the awe I felt as a kid seeing the Thunderbirds at an air show and when I saw hot air balloons take off at a balloon festival. Those are magical moments for a kid and this is one for Yotsuba.
Jun 6, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty enjoyable chapter
Jun 6, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2016
I love how her pupils become so big when she sees something she is amazed by
Nov 11, 2019 9:56 AM

Jan 2019
I was a little surprised that Yotsuba didn't try to sneak onto one of the balloons.
Apr 15, 1:48 PM

Dec 2022
"not even i can go in?" lol Yotsuba self aware of being the MC
Tiger is one of those tryhard hipster types
Yotsuba's dad is so lucky Asagi is slowly becoming Yotsuba's stepmom

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yotsuba to! Chapter 112 Discussion

L1ncoln86 - Sep 3, 2023

10 by Splashman »»
May 12, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Yotsuba to! Chapter 90 Discussion (Yotsuba and Yoga)

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 11, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Yotsubato! Chapter 89 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

12 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 11, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yotsubato! Chapter 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2015

10 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 11, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Yotsubato! Chapter 87 Discussion

Nucksen - Apr 28, 2015

25 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 9, 1:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.