Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2014 11:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That took me a while since last update, but finally some progress! >_<

Another good volume. NanoDesu Translations has been really proficient in translating this novel. I love the refined way of storytelling and all the characters' manner of speech are truly of high class society. (Well, they actually are, anyway.)

Lyle has been looking for a part-time job that matches well with his field of expertise, because he wants to give Lunaria decent wage as appropriate compensation for doing a good job as his assistant. Although with Lyle's bad choice of words, he just made Lunaria upset. Hey Lyle! A maiden's heart is such a complicated thing, isn't it? ;(

This brings in the new key characters in this volume. Ilsa Weissburg is a petite young beautiful girl wearing an eye-patch on her right eye. And Cecilia Grazer, a girl wearing military uniform who always has a stern look on her face and has a very sharp tongue, but is a personal bodyguard of Ilsa. Lyle was employed as Ilsa's personal tutor. (On a side note, both Ilsa and Cecilia are very pretty. <3)

Eventually, Lyle learns the secret of Ilsa's right eye concealed by the eye-patch. A phenomenon called atavism is a peculiar constitution of certain humans which causes them to store magical power. The magical power from Ilsa's "Eye of Amber" was overflowing and going out of control, although it was nothing to be afraid of. It wouldn't be fair if he finds out his student's secret while he doesn't reveal his, so he reveals his true identity of being a magus to his dear student. Now she and him are both on equal footing. Cecilia really disliked Lyle from the beginning, assuming that he was like any other tutor before him who quit halfway, but she finally accepted Lyle after the incident and was very grateful for being kind to Ilsa.

More characters of interest from volume 2 are Villarje Nebulablut who turns out to be Lunaria's elder sister but is keeping a secret from her younger sister. Then the Second Prince of Ilsestein, Alberto von Reingeld Van Ilsestein, who is only noble in appearance but has another dark secret too? He already sounds suspicious to begin with but I could be wrong.

A lot of young men could easily be captivated by Maria's charm. But her feelings for Lyle have never changed. Same goes for Lunaria whose enchanting singing voice can still easily captivate any listener, a voice so pure and so smooth that you could never get tired of listening to it. (I wish I really could hear dat voice! Now which seiyuu could perfectly pull this off, hmm?)

Damn lucky Lyle! Always have two beautiful ladies with you! I've still yet to see the entire volume translated, but the last lines I've read from the third chapter was an amusing remark from Maria's coachwoman, Milla, saying: "A threesome out of the blue is indeed a bold thing to do." LMAO! You perverted readers were thinking of naughty thoughts, weren't you? Nyehehe!! ;D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou Volume 1 Discussion

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2013

0 by LunyRem »»
Dec 11, 2013 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.