Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2009 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yess Break development!
Dont you just love how Alyss the Will of the Abyss just stuck her finger in there and gouged Breaks eye? I really like her character design. She is really pretty to look at~ When she doesn't act liked a crazed madman.
Aug 27, 2009 8:07 PM
Aug 2009
I love the remixed Abyss theme that played when the WoA ripped out Break's eye. I have to say though, the music placement in the rest of the episode was very weird. Some songs seemed extremely out of place, and the vocals interrupted a lot of dialogue.

I had a feeling they would end this episode with Vincent, and so be it. But I don't get why they're bothering to show Vincent and Gil now when the Anime is going to end before we get to their backstory.

They could have cut down the Rufus stuff to add the Jack and Alice backstory and end the episode with the big revelation about Alice that we're getting in Episode 22... I guess I just really want to see the Sabrie arc animated. I'm sure we'll be getting a second season by the Fall 2010 Anime season, though.
Aug 27, 2009 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
That fake duke's entrance!!

Alice kicking the duke down and saying that was so cool!

The real duke talking about Kevin/Break's past (and Will of Abyss), about time.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2009 8:57 PM

Aug 2009
Weird posting there...

Anyways, this was a very informative episode! Vincent is quite the madman, it explains Xerxes' suspicions!
Barma's introduction was quite startling to say, at the least.
I agree, Alice is quite pretty, but a bit of a psycho.
And Xerxes continues to be a badass. *sighs*
Aug 28, 2009 2:33 AM

Feb 2009
Ah this is probably one of my favourite episodes now, I loved it. But yeah I guess some of the music placement was a bit strange, but hey I love the OST so I'm not fussed really.

Break. D:
Aug 28, 2009 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
I agree about the music. They failed a bit. But the episode was very good. And will of the abbys is quite hot :3 But I prefer alice anyway xD
Aug 28, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
Im curious at what point they will end the anime at, im geussing they will end it with the revelation about Echo. but that could easily be just be a "end of episode" cliff hanger, so im looking forward to it.
aside from that, i liked this episode quite a bit, was somewhat slow moving in the beginning but at least they can explore some of Jack and Vincents backstory. If they move at this pace, the next episode will probably end with Alice's revelation.
Aug 28, 2009 7:58 AM
Nov 2008
I was glad when they showed a bit of Break's past, but I did find that the beginning of the ep was pretty slow-paced. I agree with Clarisco, I did enjoy how the will of abyss removed his eye.
I can't wait for the next ep!! xD Vincent and Gil. ;)
Aug 28, 2009 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
I thought this episode was actually brilliant.. Like ShiaKimitsu said, the beginning was kinda slow to take off but once it got going, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. (No offense Break ;]) but yeah, fantastic episode.
Aug 28, 2009 8:06 AM

Mar 2009
Great Break development. He was an illegal contractor before.
Alice kicking Duke Barma's doll was so cool ;D
White Alice is so beautiful with long white hair.Her personality is so unpredictable.Sometimes cutes,sometimes scary when she ripped out Break's eye.
I can't wait to know moar about Jack and mini Vincent <3

Aug 28, 2009 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
Loved that episode!

The Fake Duke was epic XD
Loved Break development, never would have thought hw was an illegal contractor.
Little Vincent's entrance was epically unexpected, I take it he is carrying Gilbert.
Looking forward to next week :D
Aug 28, 2009 9:40 AM

Dec 2008
It was pretty good. And I agree. Some of the songs seemed out of place.
Aug 28, 2009 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
Clarsiso said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Why some people don't understand this? Freacking idiots. I couldn't care less about people reading the manga, don't discuss it there it's as simple as that.
Aug 28, 2009 5:01 PM
Jul 2009
Great episode. I started to forget what happened last time since it's been a couple weeks.
Aug 28, 2009 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
Gah, poor Break got hurt too much. D:
*Break fangirl*
Love how it finally spilled on his past/Tragedy of Sabrie, though... and little Vincent... wow.
Aug 28, 2009 5:29 PM

Feb 2008
This really was an intense episode! *-*
OH GOD Break's backstory is so interesting! *__* I had my mouth opened the entire episode!
ALICE <333 with that red dress OMG she was so pretty *^* I just love her outfits!
Barma's first form looked like a weird mix of Excalibur [Soul Eater] and the Millenium Earl [D. gray-Man] XDDD

The Will of Abyss is... shocking. Her twisted personality is pure WIN. I couldn't even imagine that she was the one who tooked Break's eye. This was an awesome twist (Y)
Also, her wavy movements made me think about they were in some kind of a dream or something... A++ for the animators ^^v

I'm SO excited about next episode! *-* finally I'm going to have my so expected JackxAlice moment!!!~ I need it so bad ;_; I love that couple, oh, Jack is SO HOT *drolls* *¬*~

A solid 5 for that episode!

And I'll be waiting for the next season ^__^v~
Aug 28, 2009 5:39 PM

Aug 2007
omg so good!! Ahh, this episode was just as creepy as I had imagined it would be. SO HAPPY. Poor Break. It's amazing he managed to stay sane after that. I dunno... if I had my eyeball plucked out, I don't think I'd be quite the same afterward.

Rufus' voice is looove.

Jaymie said:
I have to say though, the music placement in the rest of the episode was very weird.

Haha, I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Aug 28, 2009 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
o_o ... not bad ... quite interesting

story about Break

Aug 28, 2009 7:39 PM

May 2009
pretty crazy ep, also seems like WoA knew Glen/Gil/Vincent/Jack? before the tragedy of sabrie maybe? nice to see alot of break this ep too.
Aug 28, 2009 8:07 PM

Apr 2009
Will of the Abyss is pretty. 8D
Duke is pretty too..

Vincent did it??????!!!!!!! I cant say i wasnt expecting it though.
Im happy to know more about Break. :)
Aug 28, 2009 9:54 PM

Jul 2007
Givemeaxerxes said:
Weird posting there...

Anyways, this was a very informative episode! Vincent is quite the madman, it explains Xerxes' suspicions!
Barma's introduction was quite startling to say, at the least.
I agree, Alice is quite pretty, but a bit of a psycho.
And Xerxes continues to be a badass. *sighs*

I agree, this one episode alone (well the part with Break's past) felt like a ton of information just got pushed into my brain lol
Aug 28, 2009 10:07 PM

Jun 2008
wai. wai!! the story is really picking up...looking forward to next week's episode with vincent and gilbert in it!!
Aug 28, 2009 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
Yes! Finally all the Break stuff. :D

BEGINNER
Aug 29, 2009 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
So yeah, since Vincent was carrying young Gil, I'm now starting to assume that Gil is not Glen. Because I first thought that Gil was some kind of reincarnation of Glen.
Aug 29, 2009 3:49 AM

Feb 2009
Gilliene said:
So yeah, since Vincent was carrying young Gil, I'm now starting to assume that Gil is not Glen. Because I first thought that Gil was some kind of reincarnation of Glen.

Haha xD My brother said exactly the same thing. His reaction at the end of the episode was something like "argh, but if Gil is here then he can't be Glen!".

I was really looking forward to Rufus Barma. He's so pretty. You wouldn't say he's about seventy years old by looking at him. Even if I found the "fake Duke" really annoying. The part where Alice kicked him down the balcony was really, really satisfying.

Also, yay Break backstory! Cheshire depressed me a bit, but Alyss acting crazy random was just epic, she just went "oh yeah, I forgot something" *stab* on Break's eye. And her character design is so pretty.

Vincent in the end of the episode was pretty great too, I hope there's some Vincent in the next episode too because from the previews it looked like a whole load of Alice and Jack revelations. Except for the part in which Vincent smiles like a maniac, which I'm really looking forward to.
Aug 29, 2009 6:09 AM
Feb 2009
oh... so will of abyss already exist before tragedy of sabrie, and she also know about gil, vincent, and glen as well?!
and Cheshire also exist before that tragedy?!!
and Vincent is the one that cause tragedy of sabrie, not glen?!!!
now i am more confuse... -.-"

p.s. how can u guys think gil is glen? they look similar? nah, glen doesnt even have seaweed head like gil XD
flame_tiongAug 29, 2009 7:13 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 29, 2009 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
Break episode ftw. The Cheshire Cat was awesome, too. <3

Poor Break though, the dude's gone through too much stuff.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Aug 29, 2009 1:02 PM
Aug 2009
I'm seeing all of your guys's theories and I want to post spoilers so badly! But I know it's wrong. D;

But the "Gil is Glen" theory isn't a bad one.

Aug 29, 2009 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
I see many people are confused a bit. Well I must say I also am. Again not much has been cleared. We'll see next week how's it gonna be.
Aug 29, 2009 4:34 PM

Jan 2009
Duke Barma's a pretty cool guy xD. But Oz is pretty funny too, not even looking surprised with the guy jumping down from the ceiling : D.
Also, Break's a pretty cool guy, k hax.
Hmm Alice (as in the Will of the Abyss) diesn't look too bad actually ^^, Although she's.. quite scary when she's mad O.o
Eh~ they call that dancing? xD
Yeah, that's pretty sweet, when she stole his eye like that : D
And then Vincent pops up with Gil along with him, ending the episode with a great cliffhanger >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 29, 2009 6:06 PM

May 2008
wait wasnted that 50 years ago? why is Gilbert and Vincent there o_O

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 29, 2009 11:28 PM
Feb 2009
greenmush said:
time dont make sense in abyss

Oosran said:
Eh~ they call that dancing? xD
hahaha, i not sure if they want to show how illogical abyss can be or they just getting lazy? XD
btw, the audiences in the opera r so badly drawn... they just like statues... (or they r suppose to be statue? o.o)
flame_tiongAug 29, 2009 11:34 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 30, 2009 1:11 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome episode as always! ^_^

Break is solidly my #2 guy in this anime. Gil holds my #1. I felt so sad for him when Break said he'd be all alone again when Oz changes. T_T And then we saw Break's backstory. WOW! And little Gil at the end . . . OMG! I want the next episode now!
Aug 30, 2009 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
flame_tiong said:
btw, the audiences in the opera r so badly drawn... they just like statues... (or they r suppose to be statue? o.o)

Oh I'm quite sure they're supposed to be like statues. I mean, well, they did comment on the whole thing in the episode too, if I remember correctly.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 30, 2009 5:45 AM

Jan 2009
MAI RUFUSO <3
i'm lovin this episode =w= because break appearance+funny barmado
Aug 30, 2009 11:22 AM
Aug 2009
greenmush said:

The Will of Abyss can control time. And remember how Oz skipped ahead ten years from being in the Abyss? That's what happened to Gil and Vincent, except on a much larger scale.
Aug 30, 2009 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Yusss, Break's and the Nightray brothers' backstories x3
I wonder, what kind of an ending will they make? I hope they won't come up with something completely out of the blue xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 30, 2009 4:31 PM

Apr 2009
This episode was pure awesome all the way through. Duke Barma and his illusions were great, it changed moods a few times and I thought all were pulled off well. Oz and Alice had great moments although it's hard to top her kicking Barma's puppet and rejecting the fear of finding out the past. We finally get to see more of Break's past and how he lost his eye and it's fantastic.

The Will of the Abyss was definitely the best part of the episode though. So wonderfully creepy and twisted and getting to watch Break be part of a living nightmare was a treat. I'd watch a show focused just on her. Of course Cheshire and the Will of the Abyss existing before the Tragedy of Sabrie and the Will knowing Glen and Jack kind of throws off what I thought I knew about the past... oh well.

Such a good episode. Could've easily skipped the last one and gone straight to his. The preview looks very promising and I can't wait for episode twenty-two.
Aug 30, 2009 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
I love this ep . It has a lots of imp events . liek break's past and vencint at the end of the ep. I think Pandora heart becomes more complicated and the ending is unexpected. I hope the ending will be on the anime.
But I ahve aquestion ? what do they want from Gilbert ?
NakaShima-ShanAug 30, 2009 7:56 PM

Aug 30, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
naru-shan said:
I love this ep . It has a lots of imp events . liek break's past and vencint at the end of the ep. I think Pandora heart becomes more complicated and the ending is unexpected. I hope the ending will be on the anime.

^^ just what i was going to write,,,
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 31, 2009 12:07 AM

Aug 2009
That ep was great, loved scene with Alice and Duke. Also the will of abyss is pretty insane.
Aug 31, 2009 10:08 AM
Nov 2008
I absoltuely love the pacing in this show. The rate they feed us information is never too long or too much. It does such a great job of keeping my interest peaked. It's a shame season 1 has to end so soon.

Great episode, loved the details on Break.
Aug 31, 2009 11:53 AM

May 2008
Break's an interesting character for sure.

But man that episode was creepy @~@ Those dolls scare the shit out of me.

Will of the Abyss is beautiful, but she's a crazy bitch. When she pulled Break's eye out, I flipped. It was cool that we got to see how exactly it happened, but it was kinda gross :/

Sep 1, 2009 5:45 PM

Apr 2009
I can't understand something ,,
the Tragedy of Sabrié happened 100 years ago ..
but break pulled into Abyss 50 years ago then the tragedy happened .
Is the tragedy happened 100 years ago or 50 years ago ?
Sep 1, 2009 5:49 PM

Aug 2007
otae-san said:
I can't understand something ,,
the Tragedy of Sabrié happened 100 years ago ..
but break pulled into Abyss 50 years ago then the tragedy happened .
Is the tragedy happened 100 years ago or 50 years ago ?

Time in the Abyss is kinda messed up... In the manga at least there is still no explanation for why Vincent appeared there even though Sabrie happened 100 years ago and Break fell into the Abyss around 50 years afterward.
Sep 1, 2009 9:19 PM

Jun 2008
Nice episode.. specially about Break's past... and Also Duke Barma is really cool XD
Cant wait for ep.22

Sep 2, 2009 1:04 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice episode :]
Sep 2, 2009 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
bwahahachick :

I see ,, really the time in Abyss is annoying :[
Sep 3, 2009 11:43 AM
Aug 2009
can't wait for the next episode!
white Alice looks cute but she's kinda scarry ._.
while watching this episode i was like 'omg *fixes face on the monitor*'
Sep 3, 2009 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
A lot of revelations!!!
But ... will have second season? So many facts and so little time...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.