Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 13, 2015 9:37 PM

Jun 2014
yep. jealous bitch confirmed.

damn. im docking a point at the end because that is NOT how amnesia works.

YES! things are starting to possible barrel toward BanrixLinda.. but theres still time to get Koko back though...
May 25, 2015 4:56 PM
Feb 2015
At least chinami is better and Banri and her are at good terms. Old Banri is so annoying... Go away already...

Noooo koko don't leave banri... Things are just heating up now....
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2015
Ending is obviously a bullshit dream MC is thinking up of right now. It can't be true, and I'm sure of it. If it isn't, then holy fuck, this girl is an asshole.

But, of course, the past fifteen episodes of their relationship will not be tarnished that quickly, or even at all. Cannot believe it, will not believe it.
Jul 11, 2015 11:19 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Wait, what? I'm supposed to believe that Koko would do it this way? They spent 20 episodes to introduce her character and that's just bullshit and it doesn't fit her in any way. Either this is an asspull or some kind of shitty cliffhanger and it's going to be made up inside Banri head.
Jul 13, 2015 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
What the actual fuck? I don't get you Koko

-Dizzy- said:
Still, the best part of this episode has to be the epic headbutt by 2D-kun!

That part made me laugh so hard!! haha
Jul 26, 2015 3:32 PM

May 2011

Sums up this episode
Sep 22, 2015 9:27 AM

Feb 2012
Koko pls .. she leave the moment banri need her the most
What a wonderful girlfriend you make

ใ€Œ To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... ใ€

Dec 3, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get why Chinami didn't tell Mistuo that she liked him since in the beginning he liked her and she rejected him. But people always want what they can't have.

Poor Banri!That was sad. I don't want him to revert back to loving Linda.

What the hell did Koko been so mean for at the end? that was sad.
Dec 4, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2009
Great, but confusing episode.

You see Kouko at first, wanting to protect and help Banri at all costs, yet at the end she says what!?!

At least Chinami finally admits that she likes Yana. If only she actually properly answered him back in the party.

Yana and 2D-kun are such buddies :P

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Dec 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was just... duuuh. I cringed a lot...
Unjustified drama outta nowhere always hits on my nerves... Thank god Nana slapped the bitch out of Banri, she kinda saved the episode for me. That was the only satisfying thing to watch.
I think Banri needs to fall off a bridge once again just to check if his mind gets alright this time. That might do the trick for good.

Over the top melodrama, at least for me, is unbearable to watch...
I hope this ends nicely.
TchamiDec 6, 2015 1:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2015 5:19 AM
Nov 2015
my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 31, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
What the fuck was that ending?! Koko nooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hi there
Jan 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Jun 2009
well, i knew the okamera would play a part later on. i wonder what he said.
Mar 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like how the episode's OST matches with the conversation Chinami had with Banri.

Ah the switch came again. Damn. Oh poor Banri. Nooo, Koko.

I think so too.
Koko breaking up with Banri? She has realized that his past returns to him constantly and she will be erazed from his memories, not knowing that she is obviously the only thing that now Banri can match to while loosing himself? I have to continue watching.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jun 10, 2016 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
Koko, just WTF was that?!?!
Jan 2, 2017 11:00 PM
Mar 2016
I don't know what to say to this episode.....

This show just, wow, I'm speechless over these last few episodes. Like, wow, the drama is really getting to me. And its not helpful that this show just used one of the main points to my more paranoid moments (which actually did happen with someone I knew), the "I never loved you and was only doing it for someone else. Everything was a lie."

This show, oh my god, I don't know what to think anymore. It kills me because various parts of this show have similar events to what has happened in real life.

I don't know what to say about the last part. It looks like piss poor writing and I need to have the biggest explanation. Such a wide plot point needs stronger context for me to not lose my shit and immediately call it bad writing
Apr 14, 2018 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
Seeing the preview of next episode I think Kouko was just playing that, it doesn't make any sense to dump him right now anyway after that "I'll make everything right since I'm Kaga Kouko!"-speech. Not sure what they have in store for the last three episodes though, please don't fuck it up. I like this show so far.
Apr 20, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Woah ... I did NOT see that ending coming O_O OK so to start it off, yeah I sort of expected that Chinami had feelings for Mitsuo, but she thought he'd be into her acting uninterested?! Uh ... girl, I have yet to meet anyone who thinks that kind of stuff is attractive :P So yeah that's totally dumb on her part, well and to only realize she likes him once he liked Linda ... RIP. Still though, how Banri keeps "losing" and "regaining" his memories is getting kind of annoying so I hope they will resolve this soon ... and not to mention Kouko's complete change of heart! Just when he was about to give her the ring too ... dang, I wonder what happened to make her decide to do break up with him? D:
Sep 21, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2016
Could it be that she saw the video? Most likely that's it.
Dec 8, 2018 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Holy moly! It was not unexpected, yet that kind of declaration from Kaga towards Banri, out of blue, was kinda shocking!

And when I started to like Kaga, I dislike her again, haha. This episode proves that many arguments from MGTOW movement are correct - she rejected him after she noticed the seriousness of his problem and the fact he needs to take meds to fight with one of his illnesses.
AdnashDec 8, 2018 5:12 PM
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Mar 14, 2019 3:49 AM

Feb 2018
OMG they cut ties. Whereas they are the most romantic partner.
Jun 2, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2016
I am really curious to know what was Koko thinking, if this wasn't a dream I am certain she had a reason to do that, I don't think it was to cut down her pain if Banri disappears.
Sep 4, 2019 9:08 AM

Jan 2018
WTF WHY THEY BREAK UP AWWW, this is sudden turn of events...
May 19, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2020
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I NEED A GOOD FUCKING EXPLANATION TO ACCEPT THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING!
May 24, 2020 1:59 AM
Feb 2020
Why can't Banri just tell everyone that he has retrograde amnesia??? I don't get it???
Also, I think Koko just pretended to break up/temporarily broke up with Banri, because:
-The OPs and EDs basically spoiled the fact that Banri and Koko would be happy ever after.
-There are 3 episodes left, they can't resolve the issue with Koko and make Banri go back to Linda in a satisfactory manner.
-MAL rating is near 8, it means people must be fairly happy with the ending.
Jul 20, 2020 4:38 AM

Jun 2020
i would probably enjoy golden time more if the OP and ED weren't so sucky, i really dislike the OP & ED and i mean all of it, the previous ones & the current ones as well. the visuals are terrible as well i know this show revolves around koko & banri but the OP & ED visuals are terribly boring & looks real low-budget. i just had to get this off my chest because it's already 21 episodes in & i've always skipped the OPs & EDs

also i am so tired of golden time! it sort of picked up halfway and i felt like the characters got great development but i'm so sick of this amnesia shit. it does NOT delve into the story nicely they either completely neglect it or over-dramatize it, pretty sure that's not how amnesia works and if they are trying to be poetic with it, well they failed really badly. it's a bull of amnesia + dementia + consciousness they are trying to reach

the poor writing really made me dislike linda's character. right from the start i never took a liking to her, and most of the time she's just calling after banri BANRI BANRI.... k... . so i'm glad that it's clear that banri & koko would end up together, they deserve at least that

i like chinami & banri's friendship, you can tell banri treasures their friendship and oka-chan is my best girl in this show but she's crossed the line in these few episodes butting in like this, kinda out of character methinks she's projecting a lot

also don't see why chinami can't just tell mitsuo how she feels, pretty sure he would react in her favour

nana slapping him was so off putting & uncalled for he's struggling & no matter how "cool" or edgy you are you don't slap someone who is clearly under distress

and i agree why couldn't he have just told them he has retrograde amnesia from the start?????? what's his problem & why is he overreacting so much! omg i know it's for the drama but wow is this getting frustrating to watch there is SO much back & forth & i am so far out i can't even drop it alr

but i liked banri's VA this episode his crying scene hit me, the voice acting was great. i really love furukawa makoto's range

anyway at this point i think 2d-kun is my favourite, i'm so sick of all their drama

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Oct 4, 2020 12:29 AM

Apr 2020
What is legit happening anymore? XD This feels like a mess. I hope they can wrap this up nicely because I feel like so much has happened in the last few episodes.
Oct 8, 2020 11:18 PM

Jun 2020
You got to be kidding, Kouko did not just do that at the end of this episode. Banri is literally battling the most Sisyphean task I have ever seen in a Slice of Life anime right now and she literally just left him in his darkest hour.

I am really hoping there was some logical reason to this that will be explained, because I really do not like the direction this story started taking after episode 18, it is honestly way to much for me to handle right now.
Have a great day!

Feb 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
This episode did entirely too much. Like??? Just tell them already. And Oka annoyed me a lot. And then Kouko broke up with Banri, because she probably saw that tape.

This anime is frustrating.

Apr 15, 2021 10:09 PM

May 2020
I really love the talk between Banri and his friends about the "disappearing" thing and how it shows the struggle of how nobody understands him and how he doesn't know how to tell them
May 21, 2021 3:28 PM
Jul 2013
OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

Koko/Banri dialogue in the beginning, and Banri/Yana/2D-kun scene, just goes to show how sometimes we don't have to be understood, but we just need someone to be there and support us.
Loved the OST by the way.
Hopefully the record of Banri's breakdown will help doctors help him.
Well done Oka-chan for coming forward to Banri.
I'd like to hear what Banri decided to put on that video.
Dat ending, I can only assume Koko wants to try shock therapy.
Jun 9, 2021 6:36 AM

Jul 2014
I forgot just how ridiculously frustrating the Banri internal conflict becomes. Yes, it makes sense that he'd be confused and panic and that after waking up the first time he'd want to completely disassociate from his past self, but it doesn't make seeing it all play out any less frustrating. Especially as it's putting his relationship with Kouko completely through the wringer because of the Linda connection. Honestly, with Banri in the state he is now - with his old memories coming back and overwriting his new ones and leading to breakdowns - he needs to be placed in a psychiatric hospital or something to work through his muddled memories and put the two sides of himself back together again. As it currently stands, he simply cannot function in society. Also, slapping someone that's having a mental breakdown is absolutely not the way to approach that situation, and that's not a good look for Nana at all.

I'm fairly sure I remember the ending scene being a fakeout of sorts (the fact that her face is more or less hidden when she meets him outside the station certainly suggests as much), but if it's not could Kouko really be blamed for stepping away from the situation as it stands? Imagine the mental baggage of trying to deal with a relationship with Banri when he could forget himself at more or less any moment without warning.
Jun 12, 2021 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
Eh!! What was that at the end .... I don't like where it's going... This episode made my heart ache
Dec 30, 2021 3:58 PM
May 2020
the ending flipping shook me damn. even the love of your life can just walk away on a nigga
May 8, 2022 8:59 PM

Jun 2017
I kind of understand why Koko said it the way she did.... but damn that was cold.
May 17, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2020
Obviously Koko is lying. Probably.

But Christ so much drama can be avoided if any of the characters just talk to each other like honestly lol
Oct 16, 2022 4:07 PM

Jan 2022
No Koko No Come back! He didn't mean it! Don't do dis to us!
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 19, 2022 2:44 AM

Aug 2020
and i was gonna comment about how it was so sweet that hearing koukos name was what made banri remember everything and get back to his senses."

WHAT WAS THAT THOUGH

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT
Dec 13, 2022 9:12 AM

Feb 2022
Finally it's getting more serious. I hope they continue it like this and don't mess the ending up with some cliche nonsense just to keep everyone satisfied.
I wonder why the next ep's title is 'Paradise Lost'.
bgm is reeeeal good by the way
degenerate-2002Dec 13, 2022 9:21 AM
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jan 11, 2023 11:19 PM

Jul 2022
Jan 23, 2023 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Okay, I wasn't expecting her to reject him o.o

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Mar 18, 2023 12:45 PM
Novice
Mar 2023
Why this sudden totally unexpected and uneeded Plottwist happen this episode?
Aug 1, 2023 6:14 AM
Jul 2023
i think this is very good ending
Aug 8, 2023 2:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn, Banri really got dumped by Kouko at the end. Whether she's doing it for his own good, or for her own good, for both, or if she genuinely feels that way, it does raise questions and was just ultimately rather unexpected imo. Did she see something on the camera which was undoubtedly rolling while he was breaking down in Banri's apartment? Does she now know and believe that it is Linda is the one Banri loves deep, deep down? The started dating so easily, had some fun times, and now just like that, are done? What is going on + this is getting better as it goes on. I think.

Briefly touching on Chinami's little issue, I'll say that I'm glad she cleared things up. Obviously something was going on beneath the surface, and she made that clear to Banri. Although... it was quite a bit of lack of communication and instead quite a bit of misunderstanding, and just Oka being petty for the most part. But it's okay really, it's not like this little conflict played a huge role in the story. Oka, for now at least, is just kind of there, and to add to the drama on Kana's side of things. Which, maybe will in turn affect Banri's side of things? Who knows. Kana is going after the one who was once Banri's love of his life after all.

And about Banri hiding his past from most everyone and deciding to tell them all together now, respectable. At least he was going to get it done. I understand why, and that he wanted to keep things as they were, scared of losing more, as is the case for pretty much every main character who appears to be having everything they wanted. But come on, he lost some memories, and he used to like a girl before. Does he have so little faith that he thinks these friends he has grown close with won't accept that? Hiding such things in itself is putting a dent in the trust between them that otherwise would've been strong. But again, no big matter really. I mean yes it's the whole conflict of this show, but I mean there's no real reason to bash Banri for his decisions. They are understandable, and he is indeed very human and we can see where he's coming from.

So now.... DOES he have all his memories back, for good? Is he BOTH his past self and his post-amnesia self, and is worried one will take over the other, and in the process lose people he's close to either way? He doesn't know WHEN it will happen, only that it will happen eventually. How this duality of memories works, I don't fucking know. I don't think that if you have amnesia, you are at risk of having one of your selves kick out the other should your memories return. Or maybe I just don't know anything about how the mind works. For now I'll just say that it's not that Banri's past self will kick out his amnesia self, but rather the impact of his old memories will be so strong that it will make these 1 and a half years without them all count for naught, his friendships that he made during that time, his relationship with Kouko, all mattering nothing because his love of Linda just comes overpowering all his senses and will. Again, idfk. Best to keep watching I guess.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 12, 2023 9:01 PM
Aug 2021
Can't stand Kouko. Guessing they'll be together in the end but I just really dislike her character, she's toxic.
Aug 23, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2019
I totally ship Chinami x Mitsuo. They make a much better pair than Linda x Mitsuo, and I still don't like if Mitsuo ends up with Linda whereas Linda x Banri can't ever happen.

I was surprised by the ending though. I wonder what's in store.
Sep 27, 2023 7:36 PM

Nov 2017
So the new Banri is afraid of disappearing for the old Banri. Still hella confusing though. Now it's flashbacks of memory. And Koko leaves at the key moment. Angggggst.

This anime is so dull being fluffy slice of life with weird romance put in. I'll be so glad to be done with this, it isn't spicey like Toradora it's just as slow as a miasma and very dull.

The full 24 eps haven't really been justified.

Let's be honest though, getting a race car girlfriend 10/10 who you somehow don't sleep with in college was always a fantasy. And she's willing to carry all your emotional baggage, just nah. Not even in Japan could that be true.

This series is subtle to the point of, you guessed it, NOT EXISTING. ):
DarkInsomnia57Sep 27, 2023 7:48 PM
Dec 26, 2023 11:05 PM
Oct 2016
The scene with Yana-san and 2D kun listening to Banri worries together was really nice. Even if they don’t understand the situation, friends can show support so that you’re not alone in your struggles. The ending…
Jan 7, 6:55 AM

Jun 2017
Ahh slept through that...When did he get recurring amnesia again ??Fuck knows ..
Let me guess Koko believes she is the roadblock preventing from accepting his past in its entirety and so she needs to let him go free !!uggh
The drama surrounding Chinami is so out of place without a strong backing that it leaves a sour taste.
The plot is gettting ridiculous by each episode.
bakakisimaJan 7, 7:02 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.